North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Skills work Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

Skills work

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Skills work Empty Skills work

Post by txblitz21 17/07/12, 11:56 am

Going to practice two-days-a-week is not enough to get your daughter to the next level and most teams dont have time to work on skills long enough.

I can tailor skills sessions to a players particular needs. Striking/finishing, defending, receiving, 1 v 1, etc.

$50 per hour We can train in Richardson or I can possibly travel to your area. Call 214-542-6623 and ask for Ray. Click on link below for my resume.

Coach Ray's resume

txblitz21
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Skills work Empty Re: Skills work

Post by 06Girls 17/07/12, 05:03 pm

You're right, two times a week usually isn't enough to get to the next level. However, Head Coach Kurtwyn of the Garland Tornadoes offers private practice for $20.00 an hour (by the way I am just a parent looking for private practice for my DD). What is it that you provide at your private lessons that you believe will help get them to the next level?

06Girls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 20/07/12, 10:20 am

It would be helpful to see these skills coaches list the players they have devloped. Anyone can and does offer skills sessions. If one coach thinks he is worth $xxx.xx maybe he can list which colleges or pro teams his players play with.
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/07/12, 11:01 am

DrSoccer wrote:It would be helpful to see these skills coaches list the players they have devloped. Anyone can and does offer skills sessions. If one coach thinks he is worth $xxx.xx maybe he can list which colleges or pro teams his players play with.

The good skills coaches that i have worked with over the past three years do not charge $50 dollars an hour! Seems a bit pricy! He will pm you back and say "you get what you pay for!"

Back to top Go down

Post by copa44 20/07/12, 11:19 am

totalsoccer wrote:
DrSoccer wrote:It would be helpful to see these skills coaches list the players they have devloped. Anyone can and does offer skills sessions. If one coach thinks he is worth $xxx.xx maybe he can list which colleges or pro teams his players play with.

The good skills coaches that i have worked with over the past three years do not charge $50 dollars an hour! Seems a bit pricy! He will pm you back and say "you get what you pay for!"

DS & DD are currently working with a great skills coach who charges $25/hr for semi-private lessons (3 kids), he lists the players he's worked with on his website too.

copa44
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/07/12, 11:22 am

copa44 wrote:
totalsoccer wrote:

DS & DD are currently working with a great skills coach who charges $25/hr for semi-private lessons (3 kids), he lists the players he's worked with on his website too.

Thats a good price and a good teaching ratio. 1min of work 2min rest. Please let us know who he is! Good info!

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 20/07/12, 11:26 am

Come to the east side.
I don't charge ANYTHING. Pay me something if you want to.
I look at it as training partners for my 01 daughter.

I am her skills coach and I must be doing something right as she is a legit D1 player.

Coach
Coach
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/07/12, 11:28 am

Coach wrote:Come to the east side.

I am her skills coach and I must be doing something right as she is a legit D1 player.

Check your inbox

Back to top Go down

Post by copa44 20/07/12, 01:27 pm

totalsoccer wrote:
copa44 wrote:
totalsoccer wrote:

Thats a good price and a good teaching ratio. 1min of work 2min rest. Please let us know who he is! Good info!

Global Futbol Training
http://www.gftskills.com/

Jeremie is awesome. My kids are doing great, and we've played against teams he's trained and they've all had very solid skills.

copa44
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 21/07/12, 12:10 pm

Coach - a legit d1 player? That makes her 1 of about 1200 kids? Lets aim a bit higher. I think your price is right though.
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RosiePalms 21/07/12, 01:44 pm

DrSoccer wrote:Coach - a legit d1 player? That makes her 1 of about 1200 kids? Lets aim a bit higher. I think your price is right though.

1200 legit D1 players - in all of NTX? I know in any particular age group there are 160 players or so - and how many of those are legit 75? 100?
RosiePalms
RosiePalms
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/12, 03:16 pm

Coach wrote:Come to the east side.

Hopefully what you're doing "right" is having fun playing soccer with your daughter. If so, I salute you on that. Does that make you a qualified skills trainer? Maybe. Maybe not. A natural athlete who practices in her free time will necessarily improve even if she's doing it by herself. I mean no disrespect toward your efforts.

The bigger question here is what makes a skills trainer qualified and how much is he or she worth per hour. The second part is easy since it is ultimately determined by how much a (usually clueless) parent is willing to pay. Lots of people on here must have more money than common sense. But how do parents who have never played soccer at a high level recognize good skills training? Answer: They probably don't. Better to get input on it from a seasoned coach, older players who have been through the system, and/or their parents. First-timer parents seldom know jack at the younger ages. Problem is... they all think they do and believe their advice to be The Gospel. (Ninety percent of the posts on here are a testament to that fact.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 21/07/12, 04:13 pm

Coaching since 1998.
Playing since 1979.
So yeah, I think I am qualified.
I am worth the price. Shocked
There are a lot of great skills coaches who are worth the money they charge.

10 teams x 16 players = 160 in the TOP division.
Heck, throw in D2 and you are at 320.
Still a long way from 1200.
Apparently they don't teach math at Troll School.

And yes, Xara, fun is important. The choice to play is always hers. When she is not having fun anymore, she won't play and we'll put this chapter behind us.

Last edited by Coach on 21/07/12, 06:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by OutsideThe18 21/07/12, 04:37 pm

Coach wrote:Coaching since 1998.
Playing since 1979.

And yes, Xara, fun is important. The choice to play is always hers. When she is not having fun anymore, she won't play and we'll put this chapter behind us.

Coaching where? (kids rec? middle school? college?)
Playing for who? (Over 40 beer league? FC Dallas? Chelsea?)
What is your coaching license?
There are many A-C level coaches in the metroplex offering all kinds of skills sessions from $20-$40/hour. You charge what you can get, in my opinion.
OutsideThe18
OutsideThe18
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer0109 21/07/12, 06:12 pm

Any thoughts on Shannon Orr's Street Soccer?
soccer0109
soccer0109
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/12, 06:19 pm

Street Soccer is outstanding! !

Back to top Go down

Post by 4-4-2-Diamond 21/07/12, 09:52 pm

OutsideThe18 wrote:
Playing since 1979.

There are many A-C level coaches in the metroplex offering all kinds of skills sessions from $20-$40/hour. You charge what you can get, in my opinion.

Not that Coach needs anyone coming to his rescue...but what does it matter where he coaches, plays or earned a coaching license? If you're in this trying to make a business out of skills coaching then sure - charge what you can get. If you're in it trying to help your own kid enjoy the game, then you do what this guy seems to be doing. I don't get the push back here.

The thing I see in common from the most skillful players (at least at the young ages) is they have parents who either played or are at least somewhat knowledgeable of the game. Whether that helps them pick the right trainers OR helps them assist their kids in the yard, either way - they deserve their share of the credit.

4-4-2-Diamond
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OutsideThe18 21/07/12, 10:47 pm

4-4-2-Diamond wrote:
OutsideThe18 wrote:
Playing since 1979.

Not that Coach needs anyone coming to his rescue...but what does it matter where he coaches, plays or earned a coaching license? If you're in this trying to make a business out of skills coaching then sure - charge what you can get. If you're in it trying to help your own kid enjoy the game, then you do what this guy seems to be doing. I don't get the push back here.

The thing I see in common from the most skillful players (at least at the young ages) is they have parents who either played or are at least somewhat knowledgeable of the game. Whether that helps them pick the right trainers OR helps them assist their kids in the yard, either way - they deserve their share of the credit.

No push back at all. Just looking for Coach to elaborate more on the qualifications. Just because you've "played" and "coached" doesn't mean anything. There are many on this forum that could claim the same thing, but I sure wouldn't send my DD to them for a skills session---much less pay them for it.
OutsideThe18
OutsideThe18
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 21/07/12, 11:07 pm

According to the first post, it's now up to $50/hr. When it gets to $100, I'm pulling the shorts and boots out of the attic.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/12, 11:14 pm

Gunner9 wrote:According to the first post, it's now up to $50/hr. When it gets to $100, I'm pulling the shorts and boots out of the attic.

No, no, no keep your shorts and boots in the attic. $50 dollars an hour is a rip off!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/07/12, 09:33 am

My oh my, the hypocrisy runs deep when a paid coach posts such a statement. I've seen the numbers run several times over the years that indicate even the entry-level select coaches make $45-$55 per hour for what they do. So one can only imagine how much the coaches make who work with the upper-level teams and are supplemented by those below them within the club. Is $50 an hour for skills training a "ripoff"? It must not be for those parents willing to pay such a ridiculous price. But let's not forget that nearly ALL SELECT soccer is a blatant ripoff as the clubs rob from the poor (lower level teams) and give to the rich (higher level teams). Yet most on here will keep right on paying. What's another $50 per hour for private skills training?

Back to top Go down

Post by HighburyHarry 22/07/12, 11:40 am

[quote="soccer0109"]Any thoughts on Shannon Orr's Street Soccer?[/quote]

My '01 and I are huge fans of Shannon, Gerard, and SSA.

From the first time my DD tried SSA, she absolutely loved it. SSA seems demanding and to attract a fairly high level of players, but Shannon and Gerard are always positive and encouraging. They also work very hard to remove the high pressure that hangs over much of LHGCL. For my DD, at least, this has probably contributed significantly to the higher level of fun and creativity that I see from her in SSA. My joy as a spectator at SSA has been seeing my DD feel the freedom to be totally cheeky in her play, which Gerard and Shannon encourage and reward. My girl walks out of SSA every time smiling ear to ear wanting to talk about a reverse nutmeg she pulled on an older player, etc. Pure joy for player and parent.

Shannon and Gerard are also two guys who can walk the talk. Your DD wants to learn how to master an elastico, an akka snake, or a roll-circle-double-touch? Shannon and Gerard will do it while scrimmaging with your DD and the other players. And they don't hold back... at least not much. Shannon seems like one of the most competitive people I've ever met. But he is also one of the classiest and most professional I've encountered in NTX soccer.

As a customer, I've been extremely impressed with the consistent professionalism, punctuality, and responsiveness of Shannon. If I send an email with a question during the evening, I always have a response waiting for me the next morning. If there has ever been the threat of weather interfering with a session, we've known in advance where and when the session will be held indoors. If I need sales-free, independent soccer-related advice, Shannon and Gerard are a trusted and unbiased resource.

And finally, under last year's SSA format, the value for the money was fantastic. This year the model is changing, so it remains to be seen how it turns out, though obviously the hope is to provide families even more value for their time and money. The new model is donation-based: you donate if you have the ability to donate (I do), but you don't have to pay to play. To me, this is more in line with the intention of 501c3's and (along with Kicks SC) is hopefully providing an overdue correction to how far this kids' sport has been turned into a big business.

HighburyHarry
HighburyHarry
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 22/07/12, 01:41 pm

High - your endorsement makes me want to go play myself, what age group is this for? based on bios Voutier seems to have the most real experience.

For those who couldn't do the math - 8 divisions in D1, teams in upper groups can roster up to 22 per team. 8 (age groupgs)x16 (min roster) x10 teams = 1280+ min up to what 1500? So being a 'legit D1 player' is fine but it's not the pinnacle of soccer training.

I know the bio of the coach who charges $50 an hr, and he is worth it if he can get it. My wife used to charge that for dance lessons but the kids were expected to go home and practice on their own for hrs and then show up to the next session and move on. If they didn't train on their own she would tell the parents that they are wasting their money (and her time) by'paying her to watch them practice' since she couldn't move on until they mastered the dance move (the skill). A good skills coach does the same thing.
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/07/12, 01:55 pm

Its for U7 and up. They are grouped together by age groups. They did trials last Friday and I could be mistaken but they only had 12 slots available for the entire program for this fall season. The DD or BB has to do a "trial" session, is evaluated and accepted into the program after having passed the trainers evaluation.

Mine did her trial last week. Very good group of 05s-03s were in attendance. Gerard ran a great session. Purposeful, challenging, and fun...the driving rain storm they practiced in added to the excitement and the DDs loved it!! I can proudly say mine held her own being the 06 out there! Very Happy Now just waiting to hear if she made it. haha Pins and Needles!!

Back to top Go down

Post by aggiemt 22/07/12, 06:30 pm

Just to add a little more, I believe it is actually grouped by skill level and there is no division of boys and girls. It also maxes out around age 14 with the ultimate goal being that of preparing the kids for an ecnl/pda-level team. I really wish there had been a program similar to this when my dd was starting academy.
aggiemt
aggiemt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum