North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Select Soccer Coaches Pay Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

Select Soccer Coaches Pay

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Select Soccer Coaches Pay Empty Select Soccer Coaches Pay

Post by sphericalpolyhedron 21/09/12, 10:30 am

Does anyone have an idea what a select soccer coach gets paid (typically and range) in the DFW area?

Also, when do Select Level Soccer coaches typically get paid? At the beginning of the month, for the month they are going to be coaching? Or, at the end of the month for the month they have just coached.

Seeems counter intuitive to pay someone for something they haven't done yet. If the coach walks he would take the $$s with him.

sphericalpolyhedron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Select Soccer Coaches Pay Empty Re: Select Soccer Coaches Pay

Post by Guest 21/09/12, 10:59 am

sphericalpolyhedron wrote:
Does anyone have an idea what a select soccer coach gets paid (typically and range) in the DFW area?

Also, when do Select Level Soccer coaches typically get paid? At the beginning of the month, for the month they are going to be coaching? Or, at the end of the month for the month they have just coached.

Seeems counter intuitive to pay someone for something they haven't done yet. If the coach walks he would take the $$s with him.

$12,000 - $15,000 per year per team is a general range. Higher ranked teams with larger clubs means more money. The very top level coaches get paid beyond a "per team" basis from the club by essentially skimming from lower level teams' dues. People often don't want to believe that, but it's true. Many of these coaches have titles such as academy director, girls director, club skills trainer, satellite coordinator, et cetera and receive a salary from the club. It's not unusual for a higher level coach from a big club with 3 teams (or more) to make $70,000 plus per year. They are usually paid every two or four weeks after service (not in advance), but it depends on the club.

Back to top Go down

Post by sphericalpolyhedron 21/09/12, 11:25 am

Thanks for the info.

Anyone else have any insight into the financial matters of DFW clubs?

sphericalpolyhedron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by santos.l.halper 21/09/12, 11:30 am

In addition to the "per team" pay, other factors to consider are whether coach has other responsiblities (such as DOC) for a club, as well as level of license. A "B" licensed coach will be paid more than a "D". Would be interested in real numbers....anyone know?
santos.l.halper
santos.l.halper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 21/09/12, 11:37 am

I know at Solar the coaches are paid the same day my wife is starting her diet - "tomorrow"

The clubs are all non-profit, so salaries would be public data, right? Someone should know where to get it, I have seen links posted on here before for this type of stuff.
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Antipelagian 21/09/12, 12:13 pm

Blank77 wrote:

I know at Solar the coaches are paid the same day my wife is starting her diet - "tomorrow"

The clubs are all non-profit, so salaries would be public data, right? Someone should know where to get it, I have seen links posted on here before for this type of stuff.

you are talking about from 990 and the 1099 reportable income from a non profitorganization...that said, there is still the right to proivacy and individual incomes are not typically reported unless it is voluntary. I do not know about soccer clubs but you may find the incomes of directors and officers but not always employees. Form 990's are also not always published in a timely manner so the data can often be a few years old.
Antipelagian
Antipelagian
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : Dante's 6th Concentric Circle of Hell drinking brown liquor from a dirty glass with a signifying monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by sphericalpolyhedron 21/09/12, 01:07 pm

Even in non-profits the individual coaches salaries are NOT made public. Only the incomes of directors, officers, and possibly highly compensated individuals would be provided.

I'm more interested in making sure the select coaches, the little guys, get compensated fairly and when this compensation usually occurs (beginning of the month, before service, or end of month, after service).

I believe any man or woman should be paid a fair wage for a fair days work.

Last edited by sphericalpolyhedron on 21/09/12, 03:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

sphericalpolyhedron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 21/09/12, 01:53 pm

sphericalpolyhedron wrote:Even in non-profits the individual coaches salaries are made public. Only the incomes of directors, officers, and possibly highly compensated individuals would be provided.

I'm more interested in making sure the select coaches, the little guys, get compensated fairly and when this compensation usually occurs (beginning of the month, before service, or end of month, after service).

scratch
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/09/12, 03:06 pm

sphericalpolyhedron wrote:Even in non-profits the individual coaches salaries are made public. Only the incomes of directors, officers, and possibly highly compensated individuals would be provided.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. These coaches are generally not doing the work out of generosity. It's a genuine source of income for them. Let's do some very loose math:

Practices 2x per week x 42 weeks of the year x 1.5 hours each = 126 hours
At least 60 games per year x 2 hours each including warmup = 120 hours
Additional travel time and work for 6 tournaments at 12 hours each = 72 hours
Time on the phone with parents, DOC, manager, etc. - abitrary at
2.5 hours per week for 42 weeks = 105 hours

So that's 423 hours in a year. For a coach making $14,000 per year with a single team, he could be at around $33 per hour. Whether that's "good" or "bad" probably varies from person to person. I certainly don't see it as low pay for what they do... except the part about phone calls with the parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by sphericalpolyhedron 21/09/12, 03:45 pm

Wow, some club teams actually play in 6 tournis a year? We're lucky to get 4 in. There isn't a single team in the club who plays more than 4.

sphericalpolyhedron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 21/09/12, 04:18 pm

I think Xara has inflated hours on # of games, tournaments and hours on the phone**, BUT the overall point he is making is sound.... your coach will be making somewhere in the $30-$50 per hour range.

Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sphericalpolyhedron 21/09/12, 05:41 pm

No doubt, Xara is making a good point. I guess on some select level teams, the parents can be a royal pain in the neck and there is considerable time spent dealing with the winers and know it all. However, my opinion is that if the coach had taken the time to communicated properly with his parents, then he probably won't have to be spending the time doing damage control.

Not necessarily bad money, for the level of responsibility involved. I pay CS programmers and EE Engineers $50/hr at my company, and they all have 4 yr degrees, 5+ yrs experience, interface with customers, and are hands off workers.

Problem I'm seeing is that some of these coaches think they should be making $80-$120/hr because they can go out to a local youth team practice and get $10/head to coach them for an hour.

sphericalpolyhedron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 21/09/12, 11:07 pm

sphericalpolyhedron wrote:No doubt, Xara is making a good point. I guess on some select level teams, the parents can be a royal pain in the neck and there is considerable time spent dealing with the winers and know it all. However, my opinion is that if the coach had taken the time to communicated properly with his parents, then he probably won't have to be spending the time doing damage control.

Not necessarily bad money, for the level of responsibility involved. I pay CS programmers and EE Engineers $50/hr at my company, and they all have 4 yr degrees, 5+ yrs experience, interface with customers, and are hands off workers.

Problem I'm seeing is that some of these coaches think they should be making $80-$120/hr because they can go out to a local youth team practice and get $10/head to coach them for an hour.

So the range could be $25 - $40/hr if you consider all the variables. What the heck - 16 players $2500-3500/yr dues = $40-56K/yr/team. Seriously, how much for fields and lights and admin??? This is a goldmine for someone when you think about the number of teams on some of these clubs!

What the absolute lowest LH team pay that you all know of?

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 22/09/12, 02:32 am

Remember, some kids that are extremely good but are in hardship situations may get a helping hand or scholarship from the club which may or may not affect the coach's salary. I know one prominent club that allows the coach to scholarship as many kids as he wants. The caveat being that EVERY scholarship comes out of the coaches pay. Other clubs may have deals where the parents in the hardship situation can work by volunteering at the club or any other methods, such as working concessions at major league events.

I just thought, I'd throw that in there.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 22/09/12, 08:38 am

many make much more than 12-15k per team
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 22/09/12, 01:06 pm

DrSoccer wrote:many make much more than 12-15k per team

Yes, that is I would think but have not real hard facts to prove it. Maybe more like 20-25K

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/09/12, 01:19 pm

sphericalpolyhedron wrote:No doubt, Xara is making a good point. I guess on some select level teams, the parents can be a royal pain in the neck and there is considerable time spent dealing with the winers and know it all. However, my opinion is that if the coach had taken the time to communicated properly with his parents, then he probably won't have to be spending the time doing damage control.

You said a mouthful there. Show me a team with a bunch of pain-in-the-neck parents, and I'll show you a coach with terrible management and communication skills.

You are also correct that a coach can make a killing running skills sessions on a "per player" basis for a large group. Some people don't bother doing the math.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 22/09/12, 09:42 pm

Xara wrote:

You said a mouthful there. Show me a team with a bunch of pain-in-the-neck parents, and I'll show you a coach with terrible management and communication skills.

You are also correct that a coach can make a killing running skills sessions on a "per player" basis for a large group. Some people don't bother doing the math.

One of my DD's first coaches almost over communicated, every little issue, and almost to the point were everyting was over analyzed and too hyped up. We left that team due to too much playing/ precticing 6X/week(before LH) the team exploded into many directions, I believe the coach had lost the trust/confidence in the parents even though they were probabally the hardest working coach I have ever met.

I guess my point is that poor communication is not alway lack of communication....

OH yeah, On the skills sessions.... I kind of miss them we just dont do many any more, but I am sure I have reached into my pocket so many times for $10 I can not remember - it adds up to big bucks for the caoches espically if the field is free.

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 22/09/12, 09:45 pm

Xara-

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't your first kid just a trial run anyway until you figure out how the system works-lol!
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/09/12, 10:02 pm

dadof3 wrote:Xara-

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't your first kid just a trial run anyway until you figure out how the system works-lol!

Wait. You think I've got a daughter in academy? If so, it's clear that my true identity is even safer than I could have ever guessed.

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 22/09/12, 10:52 pm

Xara-Aren't ALL our first ones the trial run? By the time we get to #2 or #3, we should have this thing figured out...gymnastics/cheer. lol.

I think that by the time my 05 is playing select, I will know almost all the rules posting on this forum, and most of the coaches will have returned to their original clubs at least once so I can catch them on the second (or third) run through the North Texas clubs.

...of course my plan fails if we get too many young coaches who haven't the experience...didn't think of that-dang it!
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 24/09/12, 12:11 pm

Just an FYI, not all clubs are non-profit. Liverpool, for instance is NOT a non-profit. I don't know whether all other clubs in the NTX are nons.
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 24/09/12, 12:45 pm

InaB wrote:Just an FYI, not all clubs are non-profit. Liverpool, for instance is NOT a non-profit. I don't know whether all other clubs in the NTX are nons.

I concur - not all are. FCD is for profit. I think most that host their own tournaments or have facilities which are rented out are for profit.

What is the point? is there a benefit either way to you DD/family?

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RosiePalms 24/09/12, 01:26 pm

A non-profit really has nothing to do with a groups goal to make or not to make money. A non-profit club can be way more profittable than a profit club and vice versa.
RosiePalms
RosiePalms
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sphericalpolyhedron 24/09/12, 03:13 pm

Usually, one of the goals of a non profit is to do something for the better-ment of the society or to advance their mission. In todays society, non profits often lose sight of there original intentions, and line the pockets of the administrators and high level personel. They basically payout everything instead of showing a profit. However, from a tax perspective they show no profit. So, profittable to the ones who are gettingn the extra gravy!

sphericalpolyhedron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next