North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 TGPL Mid-Season Observations Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

04 TGPL Mid-Season Observations

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

04 TGPL Mid-Season Observations Empty 04 TGPL Mid-Season Observations

Post by Shelby427 09/10/12, 10:21 am

I'll start:

Looks like a competitive year.

- Appears Keegan has overtaken Dalglish as LP's second team.
- Lady Aztecs are having a better than expected season
- Why do NONE of the three Liverpool teams play each other?
- Too bad Lady Aztecs do not get to play DT South
- Sting Piper appears the strongest Sting Team (at least in TGPL)
- no crazy sideline reports that I have heard of yet
- What is the mystery of the scoring system that Primetime is using versus what they have posted?

It may still be a bit early, but unless Lady Aztecs upsets RASE AND if DT South is able to win the rest of their games, I am calling for DT South vs. RASE to play for 1st.

I pick Aztecs and Keegan to square off for 3rd.

Last edited by Shelby427 on 10/10/12, 07:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected DT Deleon misinformation...)

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

04 TGPL Mid-Season Observations Empty Re: 04 TGPL Mid-Season Observations

Post by futbolfreak 09/10/12, 10:41 am

Before this spirals into the usual fight about teams or SDL vs TGPL Smile I just wanted to say that this league has been great. It is so nice for all the 04s to be on the same field and we get to see other teams play a little during warm up. Lot of talent in the 04s and great soccer. Except for RASE and a couple of other games it looks like all the games have been good ones. I love coming each week knowing we will get a good close game.

futbolfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TBGsoccer 09/10/12, 12:29 pm

Don't worry about DT DeLeon we are doing just fine. What game did we forfiet? I guess people on here love to run thier mouths without knowing facts, but i'm not mad at you do what you do... If thats what helps you sleep at night.
TBGsoccer
TBGsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesoccer 09/10/12, 02:49 pm

TBGsoccer wrote:Don't worry about DT DeLeon we are doing just fine. What game did we forfiet? I guess people on here love to run thier mouths without knowing facts, but i'm not mad at you do what you do... If thats what helps you sleep at night.

I have no dog in this fight just going to post where it was stated your team couldn't field a team for your game against LP Dalglish.

It's the last post from Master Bates on page 11.
https://www.txsoccer.net/t12599p200-04-tpgl-league-speculation

lovesoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 09/10/12, 03:06 pm

TBGsoccer wrote:Don't worry about DT DeLeon we are doing just fine. What game did we forfiet? I guess people on here love to run thier mouths without knowing facts, but i'm not mad at you do what you do... If thats what helps you sleep at night.

I didn't "State" anything... if you look close it was a QUESTION.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 09/10/12, 03:50 pm

So what happened? We know dalglish wanted to play
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 09/10/12, 04:26 pm

Why would the Liverpool teams want to play each other in league play, when they could scrimmage at the next practice?

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/10/12, 04:49 pm

Ok so what happened this weekend? Thought y'all were scheduled to play Dalglish? Heard you forfeited.

Back to top Go down

Post by TBGsoccer 09/10/12, 09:21 pm

Master Bates wrote:

Ok so what happened this weekend? Thought y'all were scheduled to play Dalglish? Heard you forfeited.

Then why does the schedule say we play dalglish the 20th @ 8pm...primetime told they would work around my schedule thats why we are playing TGPL if not we would of played SDL
TBGsoccer
TBGsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TBGsoccer 09/10/12, 09:25 pm

go99 wrote:

So what happened? We know dalglish wanted to play

Don't worry we will still play!
TBGsoccer
TBGsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by WingNut 09/10/12, 09:33 pm

My understanding was DTN had a conflict where either there wasnt enough players, or the Coach couldnt be there. We re-scheduled, DT didnt FF. I tend to think the Coach prob had a conflict as he wasnt at SSDL 6v6 on Sunday.
WingNut
WingNut
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TBGsoccer 09/10/12, 09:35 pm

Shelby427 wrote:

Shelby that was meant for the 2 others that heard that we forfieted thats just bad intel in there part.. Who said we forfieted? Thats all I wanna know.
TBGsoccer
TBGsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TBGsoccer 09/10/12, 09:37 pm

WingNut wrote:My understanding was DTN had a conflict where either there wasnt enough players, or the Coach couldnt be there. We re-scheduled, DT didnt FF. I tend to think the Coach prob had a conflict as he wasnt at SSDL 6v6 on Sunday.

cheers
TBGsoccer
TBGsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by XtremePlay 09/10/12, 11:37 pm

Shelby427 wrote:
I'll start:

Looks like a competitive year.

- Lady Aztecs are having a better than expected season
- What happened to DT Deleon? Are they going to FF every game the rest of the way? If so that will certainly unbalance the point system a bit.
- Why do NONE of the three Liverpool teams play each other?
- Too bad Lady Aztecs do not get to play DT South
- Sting Piper appears the strongest Sting Team (at least in TGPL)
- no crazy sideline reports that I have heard of yet
- What is the mystery of the scoring system that Primetime is using versus what they have posted?

It may still be a bit early, but unless Lady Aztecs upsets RASE AND if DT South is able to win the rest of their games, I am calling for DT South vs. RASE to play for 1st.

I pick Aztecs and Keegan to square off for 3rd.

Nice observation, but to what extent? Most are counting LP Dalglish out but I believe they will finish out second to play RASE in the 1-2 matchup. If it happens. They have tough games against Fever, Sting Piper and DTS coming up.

Lady Aztecs are having a good league play so far given they have played and beat the bottom two team with no wins, a tie against Keegan, and a nice win against TX Spirit. No real tough game until two weeks when they play RASE and that's about it. That tie might came back and hunt them trying to play for second. In fact, they have the easiest schedule.
They avoid playing #4 Sting Piper, #5 LP Dalglish, #6 DTS and #7 Fever in current FBR ranking in league play..

DTS in my opinion has the toughest schedule. You can pencil them in for second, if they beat Dalglish.

Keegan is in the same boat as LA.. That tie can come back and bite them for second place. Taking that Big "L" this past weekend didn't help their cause as being #2 '04 LP team either but yet, still a strong team.

Sting Piper, I'm not to sure yet on where they stand against the upper half of TGPL. Yes, they are from what it appears to be the the best Sting team in league play. Next tough games are against TX Spirit and LP Dalglish, nothing too tough after that.

TX Spirit did have a nice win over LP Dalglish but I believe they will lose two more in league play. That will put them at 4 loses.

Fever I should say should stand out.. The rest of the teams are a toss up as far as where they stand.

There is a saying out there - "That's why you play the game, anything can happen".

XtremePlay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 10/10/12, 07:34 am

JeffM wrote:Why would the Liverpool teams want to play each other in league play, when they could scrimmage at the next practice?

Um... because league play has nothing to do with what the teams want... I am sure there are plenty of teams whose points would have been better if they didn't have to play RASE...

In other words, Dalglish and RASE deserve to take a loss playing RASE like everyone else who has to Very Happy

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 10/10/12, 07:53 am

Easiest schedules by far go to:

Aztecs who don't play DT South, Dalglish, or Fever Red
Dalglish who don't play Aztecs, RASE, but do play most of teams under .500

Of course that sucks for those teams from the point of view of them wanting to play toughest competition which I am sure they do.

Hardest Schedule:

Not even close goes to Sting Scarfone who have to play Fever Red, RASE, Aztecs, Keegan, Dalglish, Piper, and DT South. Ouch...

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/10/12, 09:30 am

TBGsoccer wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

Shelby that was meant for the 2 others that heard that we forfieted thats just bad intel in there part.. Who said we forfieted? Thats all I wanna know.

I think what people are saying is that if DT Scott plays half of your team is unavailable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocrying 10/10/12, 09:39 am

Shelby427 wrote:Easiest schedules by far go to:

Aztecs who don't play DT South, Dalglish, or Fever Red
Dalglish who don't play Aztecs, RASE, but do play most of teams under .500

Of course that sucks for those teams from the point of view of them wanting to play toughest competition which I am sure they do.

Hardest Schedule:

Not even close goes to Sting Scarfone who have to play Fever Red, RASE, Aztecs, Keegan, Dalglish, Piper, and DT South. Ouch...

Actually, if you factor the time of day, the weather, whether a team was allowed to wear their lucky uniform, etc......The hardest schedule would probably have to be@@#$%^^&&* STOP THE WHINING! I hope we are not feeding this mess to our DD's. There is always a reason why we lost. Well, maybe, except for the fact that the other team was better that day! RASE and DTS are real good teams. Win or lose, I would love for my DD to play them every week. Thats the only way to get better. Play best and quit crying. This is not meant at anyone in particular, just am tired of all the excuses. Our DD's are stronger emotionally and competitively.
Nocrying
Nocrying
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocrying 10/10/12, 09:45 am

Master Bates wrote:
TBGsoccer wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

I think what people are saying is that if DT Scott plays half of your team is unavailable.

I felt that kick in the mouth way over here in Addison! DeLeon is a good coach, he will find a way of being competive. I think every team goes through changes. I know first hand that he will play anyone. If he is having problems fielding a team, everyone goes through it.
Nocrying
Nocrying
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/10/12, 02:40 pm

I agree he seems a good coach. That's why I would expect him to have his "own" team so he doesn't have to worry about conflicts. There's some real good kids out there, plenty to go round amongst all the teams. He and his team won't get the respect he/they deserve until he has a settled roster, just my two cents.

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 10/10/12, 03:03 pm

Am I missing something here? When we played them they had only 1 player that plays for Scott, how is that enough to not field a team?

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TBGsoccer 10/10/12, 03:12 pm

Bates just think he knows but he really has no idea, by the way our team doesn't need your respect (M.B.)
TBGsoccer
TBGsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/10/12, 03:39 pm

Having an older BB I've seen first hand what happens to the teams that field a number of guest players every week, that's all.

Back to top Go down

Post by homiethesoccerman 10/10/12, 08:58 pm

Hey Bates,

Why are you so worried about someone else's team? Aren't there plenty of Liverpool teams out there for you to worry about? That's my 2cents!!!!!!!

homiethesoccerman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DEUCEE'Sdaddy 11/10/12, 12:44 am

Don't Count Deleon's Team Out just Yet...They've Played 2 FEWER Games than Everybody Else & Still have Dates w/Sting Searls, Liverpool Keegan, Dalglish, Sting East Piper & Lady Aztecs...

Even w/an 0-2 Start, I'm Predicting they Finish the Season w/a Winning Record!

DEUCEE'Sdaddy Cool
DEUCEE'Sdaddy
DEUCEE'Sdaddy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next