North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

05 Girls Primetime Thanksgiving Shootout 2012! Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

05 Girls Primetime Thanksgiving Shootout 2012!

Go down

05 Girls Primetime Thanksgiving Shootout 2012! Empty 05 Girls Primetime Thanksgiving Shootout 2012!

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 16/11/12, 10:36 pm

Looks like this will be a great one!
http://www.primetimefiles.com/pdf/11.16.12.U8G%288v8%29.pdf

POOL A
Lady Aztecs
Solar Red
American Eagles North
D'Feeters

POOL B
Dallas Kicks
Liverpool Carragher
Fever Red
Sting East Ross

FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

05 Girls Primetime Thanksgiving Shootout 2012! Empty Re: 05 Girls Primetime Thanksgiving Shootout 2012!

Post by glitterbeam 17/11/12, 09:04 am

That's the 8v8; here is the 7v7 group. Looking forward to watching some soccer today!

http://www.primetimefiles.com/pdf/11%2E16%2E12%2EU8G%287v7%29%2Epdf

Cosmos Black
American Eagles White
Futbolitas
LFCA Heighway

glitterbeam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

05 Girls Primetime Thanksgiving Shootout 2012! Empty Re: 05 Girls Primetime Thanksgiving Shootout 2012!

Post by Guest 18/11/12, 06:47 pm

Great win Kicks SC 05. Keep the machine rolling!

Back to top Go down

Post by Distributor 18/11/12, 08:25 pm

Androfan wrote:Great win Kicks SC 05. Keep the machine rolling!

So it's clear for BW's FBR, was that Lady Aztecs "A" team?
If so, that's a pretty big win! 4 goals against a team that hasn't allowed that many all season.

Distributor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/11/12, 08:43 pm

Distributor wrote:

If so, that's a pretty big win! 4 goals against a team that hasn't allowed that many all season.

Yes, it was their top team. Great win and great tournament, Kicks.

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm 19/11/12, 02:56 pm

Congrats to Coach Daniel and Kicks SC 05. I know beating Lady Aztecs is no easy task. Hats off to LA for making finals. I have a lot of respect for what LA has built with their club. cheers Keep up the good work.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Distributor 19/11/12, 03:11 pm

ZenFutbol wrote:
Distributor wrote:

Good stuff!

Was Lady As at full strength? I heard their little superstar is out for a while, just not sure if she got hurt before/during/after this tourney.

Distributor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/11/12, 03:34 pm

Distributor wrote:
ZenFutbol wrote:
Distributor wrote:

Good stuff!

Was Lady As at full strength? I heard their little superstar is out for a while, just not sure if she got hurt before/during/after this tourney.

Not exactly sure when it happened--before this weekend and possibly even before last weekend's tournament--but, yes, she is out for a while, I understand. I'll not say more as it's not my place to do so. And while her absence was definitely felt, the Lady Aztecs are arguably the deepest team, talent-wise, in the age group. They are an outstanding group of players, all exceptionally talented and with a field awareness that is light years beyond what you'd expect to see in players so young. And they played their hearts out this weekend. Coach Arnold is truly a gem of a coach, and her young team is a reflection of her passion for and understanding of the game.

That being said, I've never seen a group more determined than Daniel's girls were this weekend. They played the entire tournament with one reserve--five games, one sub. They pushed each other beyond even what they thought possible, executing until the very end. At one point near the end, they were telling each other, "We're not tired! We're not tired!" Inspired and inspiring play from an exceptionally well-prepared and very cohesive group of players.

Back to top Go down

Post by Texasdude 19/11/12, 07:51 pm

WOW!!! Great story. Rather impressive to play 5 games with only one sub. I can see why Kicks 05 are ranked #1 in the 05 FBR rankings. I was told Kicks has a record of 2-1 verse Aztecs.

Kicks beat them twice last seasons in EAL and lost to them once this season in CFB, correct? Have they played anywhere else?

Thank you so much,

Zenfutbol

Texasdude
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Distributor 19/11/12, 08:56 pm

Texasdude wrote:WOW!!! Great story. Rather impressive to play 5 games with only one sub. I can see why Kicks 05 are ranked #1 in the 05 FBR rankings. I was told Kicks has a record of 2-1 verse Aztecs.

Kicks beat them twice last seasons in EAL and lost to them once this season in CFB, correct? Have they played anywhere else?

Thank you so much,

Zenfutbol

Kicks is 3rd in FBR... Behind Lady As and LP Rase.

Distributor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Texasdude 19/11/12, 09:11 pm

Sorry, what's the difference between the "Statistical Rankings" vs "FBR" rankings. It seems to me that the "Statistical Rankings" seem to predate the FBR rankings. The FBR rankings seemed to just popped up out of nowhere. Also, it's hard to take the FBR rankings seriously considering they have a few teams ranked in rather odd spots.

My point, I was told Kicks is 2-1 against Aztecs. Zenfutbol, can you please confirm? Rankings are rankings, head to head action cannot be disputed.

Texasdude
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MiddleClass 19/11/12, 09:42 pm

Coach Daniel and Kicks 05 is a very classy group. My 06 has trained with them a few times and they always make her feel like she is part of the group. Congrats on the tournament and keep up the hard work. The girls showed up to the 06 trophy presentation and were giving all the 06 players high fives after they received their trophies. The little things like that make a big impression on the younger girls. That speaks to the character of the group. The parents have raised them well.

MiddleClass
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/11/12, 09:48 pm

Texasdude wrote:Sorry, what's the difference between the "Statistical Rankings" vs "FBR" rankings. It seems to me that the "Statistical Rankings" seem to predate the FBR rankings. The FBR rankings seemed to just popped up out of nowhere. Also, it's hard to take the FBR rankings seriously considering they have a few teams ranked in rather odd spots.

My point, I was told Kicks is 2-1 against Aztecs. Zenfutbol, can you please confirm? Rankings are rankings, head to head action cannot be disputed.

Yes, I believe the Kicks are 2-1-1 against the Lady Aztecs since last Spring. They appear to be very well-matched.

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 19/11/12, 11:25 pm

Texasdude wrote:Sorry, what's the difference between the "Statistical Rankings" vs "FBR" rankings. It seems to me that the "Statistical Rankings" seem to predate the FBR rankings. The FBR rankings seemed to just popped up out of nowhere. Also, it's hard to take the FBR rankings seriously considering they have a few teams ranked in rather odd spots.

The statistical rankings haven't been updated since June I believe, so they do not take into account the late summer or Fall season, the FBR is the most accurate due to the nature of its data (Only takes into account the most recent information.)

So there you have it. All that to say, pick a coach your daughter responds to and enjoys working with; Jaime A., Daniel D., Chris P. or whomever fits your daughter best, and in 5+ years you will really know if you made the right decision...
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 20/11/12, 12:05 am

FriscoSoccer05 wrote:

The statistical rankings haven't been updated since June I believe, so they do not take into account the late summer or Fall season, the FBR is the most accurate due to the nature of its data (Only takes into account the most recent information.)

So there you have it. All that to say, pick a coach your daughter responds to and enjoys working with; Jaime A., Daniel D., Chris P. or whomever fits your daughter best, and in 5+ years you will really know if you made the right decision...

Agree. I also think FBR is correct right now... at full strength LA proved to be extremely tough beating both Kicks and LP RASE in league play... so until they (LA) are beaten at full strength I personally believe they have earned the top spot. So LA 1, RASE 2, and Kicks 3 sounds correct to me.

Also, in the end, while rankings at this age are fun to talk about by us crazy parents there are still a couple of years before keeping score actually matters.

So, like FS05 says... make sure your DD is learning, having fun, and is being prepared for Select soccer by a coach who has been there and done that.
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/11/12, 05:57 am

kellersoccerdad wrote:
FriscoSoccer05 wrote:

Agree. I also think FBR is correct right now... at full strength LA proved to be extremely tough beating both Kicks and LP RASE in league play... so until they (LA) are beaten at full strength I personally believe they have earned the top spot. So LA 1, RASE 2, and Kicks 3 sounds correct to me.

Also, in the end, while rankings at this age are fun to talk about by us crazy parents there are still a couple of years before keeping score actually matters.

So, like FS05 says... make sure your DD is learning, having fun, and is being prepared for Select soccer by a coach who has been there and done that.

Sounds like someone's excited about their new coach. Smile

Having been on this path for awhile, I too believe what's most important now is (1) excellent instruction, (2) quality touches, and (3) having fun. Without the last, though, the first two are meaningless.

As for select, don't confuse the moon with the finger pointing to the moon. It too is merely another step on a long journey.

Back to top Go down

Post by max 20/11/12, 08:21 am

ZenFutbol wrote:

As for select, don't confuse the moon with the finger pointing to the moon. It too is merely another step on a long journey.

Said like a true Zen master!

Congrats to the Kicks on their win Very Happy

max
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

05 Girls Primetime Thanksgiving Shootout 2012! Empty Typical...

Post by James Bond 20/11/12, 08:24 am

Wow. I guess there weren't any other teams that showed up at this tournament. Just Kicks and Lady Aztecs?
James Bond
James Bond
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 20/11/12, 09:17 am

ZenFutbol wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:
FriscoSoccer05 wrote:

Zen, this is actually extremely well said!
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down