North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

what happen after a good player is released Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

what happen after a good player is released

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

what happen after a good player is released Empty what happen after a good player is released

Post by dallasnorth 05/02/13, 10:19 pm

I would like to know what happen after a player get released from a team. Do we get out of soccer for the rest of the season or a team can pick her up?
Thanks

dallasnorth
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

what happen after a good player is released Empty Re: what happen after a good player is released

Post by Guest 06/02/13, 06:24 am

Full release, or rec only release!

Back to top Go down

what happen after a good player is released Empty Re: what happen after a good player is released

Post by dallasnorth 06/02/13, 07:12 am

Do I have a choice? I only asked to be released .

dallasnorth
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 06/02/13, 08:21 am

get the full release so that you can join another team
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/02/13, 08:54 am

You really need a full release. Make sure you have paid your club fees in full and prepare to pay more once you have received your full release at another club!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/02/13, 08:58 am

totalsoccer wrote:Full release, or rec only release!

C'mon Total!!! Is this a question? Or are you yelling this statement at them? lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/02/13, 09:28 am

Step 1. Ask your coach for a release. Mostl likey, the answer will be NO, but now he/she knows you want to leave

Step 2. Contact NTX Soccer. ronda@ntxsoccer.org. They'll send you or tell how to print a release form. Then they'll tell you to repeat Step1. He/She will probably say no again. If you can, get the anti-Christ to sign the form and check the box for no-release. He/She may not do even this, being the anti-Christ and all. No matter.

Step 3. Send form back to NTX Soccer. If you were released, you done. If you were not release, include a note explaining that you want to be released still and NTX Soccer will release you to recreation soccer. This means that you can practice with the team of your choice and guest play in tournaments, but NO LEAGUE PLAY.

Step 4. Ask NTX Soccer for a board hearing requesting a FULL RELEASE. NTX Soccer will send the coach a letter notifying him/her that this hearing has been requested. The anti-Christ has 10 business days to reply. If the anti-Christ does not reply in 10 business days then NTX Soccer will grant you a full release and your done. If the anti-Christ does reply, then you and the anti-Christ will go to the hearing and state your respective cases and the board will make a decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by dallasnorth 06/02/13, 09:19 pm

Thanks . I just got the big NO today No

dallasnorth
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthlakeDad 06/02/13, 11:02 pm

Just out of curiosity, why would a coach say no?
SouthlakeDad
SouthlakeDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dallasnorth 06/02/13, 11:12 pm

I heard the same question from other coaches. it looks like a win win situation unless you are getting punished for leaving the team.
If I am the coach I wouldn't try to keep a player that want to leave. He might have to pay all team dues or some kind of penalty but thats about it.

dallasnorth
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 07/02/13, 08:25 am

SouthlakeDad wrote:Just out of curiosity, why would a coach say no?

Take your pick:
. you have not fulfilled financial obligation
. because they can
. to punish the family
. need to control
. best interest of team (translated,that means best interest of coach)
. if one leaves others will want to

There will be a multitude of other stated reasons, but the root cause usually comes back to one of these.

A fun question to ask them is why it is in the best interest of your dd to stay.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/02/13, 08:43 am

Lefty wrote:
SouthlakeDad wrote:Just out of curiosity, why would a coach say no?

Take your pick:
. you have not fulfilled financial obligation
. because they can
. to punish the family
. need to control
. best interest of team (translated,that means best interest of coach)
. if one leaves others will want to

There will be a multitude of other stated reasons, but the root cause usually comes back to one of these.

A fun question to ask them is why it is in the best interest of your dd to stay.

You forgot egotistical jerkwad.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/02/13, 08:47 am

The best one is the club does not grant releases during the season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/02/13, 08:48 am

its the easiest one to use to take the pressure off the coach and put back on the administration.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/02/13, 08:53 am

totalsoccer wrote:its the easiest one to use to take the pressure off the coach and put back on the administration.

Yep like when someone says they can't do something because its "policy"....time to go to ntx soccer and get your full release, the coach will grant it, path of least resistance and usually too lazy to show up....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/02/13, 09:01 am

I am not for sure, but i believe april one is the cut off for NTX to grant releases.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/02/13, 09:02 am

where are the experts when you need them?

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 07/02/13, 09:18 am

The deadline to petition NTX Soccer for a full competitive release was January 31st.

You can still obtain a release to recreational soccer until April 1st. This means your DD will be able to practice and guest play with any competitive team she'd like. All you have to do is fill out the release to recreation soccer form, take it to NTX Soccer and pay $25. Your DD is officially released the same day and they notify the coach and manager that she is removed from the roster. NTX Soccer signs off on the guest player forms as the "releasing coach".

As to why coaches don't sign... I'm sure there are a multitude of reasons.

Before the season began we requested an in-club transfer and, if one was not available, a full competitive release. We said we would pay the full contract in exchange. The coach refused. We contacted the DOC and had a 45 minute conversation. Nothing happened. She never practiced or played from the day the initial request was made. The coach essentially held her hostage until December 1st which was the first day we could petition NTX Soccer for a release to rec.

If you've already asked for the release and the coach has refused you might as well leave. Talk to other coaches about your DD practicing with them and potentially guest playing with them come this spring and summer.

Best wishes.
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 07/02/13, 09:32 am

What is the status of the team we're talking about here? The "if one leaves others will want to" is a real concern if the coach and team are struggling. Is the team consistently on the wrong side of the scoreboard? Is the coach asking for more time to turn things around? Or does the team only have 13 players on the roster and 1 is currently injured?

If the release is being rejected because this family is trying to start an exodus, then I get it. If they want to go because the team is losing games and doesn't have the patience to see things through, I get it. I never understood the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." mentality. To me, that's the easy way out for squirrely people to avoid obstacles and put in real effort and improve themselves.

I don't know what the case is here but I've seen a lot of folks that think their kid’s team should never lose a game. To avoid being on a losing team, they'd rather just quit. They're not willing to risk their kids' soccer team being blown out 0-5 because that's not their family's way. Their kids are winners and can't accept losing... whatever. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

(I'm in the mood to argue. Twisted Evil )
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/02/13, 09:40 am

bigtex75081 wrote:What is the status of the team we're talking about here? The "if one leaves others will want to" is a real concern if the coach and team are struggling. Is the team consistently on the wrong side of the scoreboard? Is the coach asking for more time to turn things around? Or does the team only have 13 players on the roster and 1 is currently injured?

If the release is being rejected because this family is trying to start an exodus, then I get it. If they want to go because the team is losing games and doesn't have the patience to see things through, I get it. I never understood the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." mentality. To me, that's the easy way out for squirrely people to avoid obstacles and put in real effort and improve themselves.

I don't know what the case is here but I've seen a lot of folks that think their kid’s team should never lose a game. To avoid being on a losing team, they'd rather just quit. They're not willing to risk their kids' soccer team being blown out 0-5 because that's not their family's way. Their kids are winners and can't accept losing... whatever. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

All valid points. However, i think things usually are pretty bad when a player and their parents decide to upset their routine, leave friends, and have to look for new teams and undergo the stress of all that. I really think people are at the end of their rope for whatever reason and a full release should be an easy thing to get. This is not the pros and what is best for the child as determined by their parents should take precedence. Now on the flip side i don't think they should be refunded their money just unconditionally released, the coach should have zero say in it. It should always favor the child.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 07/02/13, 10:00 am

silentparent wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:What is the status of the team we're talking about here? The "if one leaves others will want to" is a real concern if the coach and team are struggling. Is the team consistently on the wrong side of the scoreboard? Is the coach asking for more time to turn things around? Or does the team only have 13 players on the roster and 1 is currently injured?

All valid points. However, i think things usually are pretty bad when a player and their parents decide to upset their routine, leave friends, and have to look for new teams and undergo the stress of all that. I really think people are at the end of their rope for whatever reason and a full release should be an easy thing to get. This is not the pros and what is best for the child as determined by their parents should take precedence. Now on the flip side i don't think they should be refunded their money just unconditionally released, the coach should have zero say in it. It should always favor the child.
Sorry if I am hijacking this thread. This is all hypothetical, of course, because we don’t know the circumstances around this particular situation…

Let’s say that the coach committed to carrying a small roster because he liked the kids that he had and didn’t see value in adding a 15th and 16th player. By doing that, he created a dependent relationship on each of those families. The families readily accepted this arrangement. Unfortunately, the team though wasn’t as good as they thought and now they’re struggling to win games. Because the team isn’t winning, families are starting to grumble and they want to get out. Losing isn't acceptable in the USA. The coach knows that things hang in a shaky balance and just a couple wins might be the fix the team needs. A release of a good player would unravel everything.

We see folks on here all the time that AREN’T willing to fight through a tough season. Instead of getting a ton of minutes on a struggling team and potentially getting the in-game experience that it takes to become a star… they’d rather just quit. They’d rather just buy the 16th (or 18th) spot on a winning team instead.

Maybe that’s where the hints of America’s wussification is coming from… Parents don’t have the patience to see their kids struggle and eventually overcome. They just want to see their kids win all the time, right away. They want their kids to be winners but they don’t have the patience to let their kids LEARN how to become real winners by fighting their way to the top. It’s easier just to come on a message board and get the list of top-5 team in NTX instead.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 07/02/13, 10:08 am

Our reason for leaving -- complacency. Within days after signing, things went downhill. I can only assume he was happy he had his roster numbers and was content with that. The coach turned down opportunities to scrimmage other squads prior to the QT. Even went as far as cancelling the last practice prior to QT. During June we lost a very strong player at centerback and the coach failed to integrate the new players and/or replace the one lost. Instead, during qualifying matches, he just threw someone into the spot to see if it worked. The final straw came the morning of our last QT match when after two hard losses the day before he refused to even speak to the girls prior to the match. His job is to motivate the team, to get them ready to play even in the most adverse situations, not vice-versa.

My DD was a starter, played almost every minute of every game and was given a great deal of responsibility on the playing field. It was easy to leave the squad because my DD made that decision. She refused to play for this coach ever again. In her mind, he broke the trust between coach and player. She feels he quit on the team. I couldn't disagree. Keep in mind, this was a man she had played with since academy. As a result, she lost her closest circle of friends, many of them sending her text messages first asking her to come back and then later calling her a traitor. The happiest I had seen her in months was the day I handed her the signed release to rec form. It now hangs on the wall by her bed.

Leaving is a decision we do not regret although it has been a very, very difficult road. At every private training session she attended, kids would ask "What team are you with?" and she would have to explain she left her squad. There is a stigma attached to those player releases. Every coach and manager immediately wants to know why you asked for a release. I do understand why. I'm certain some might feel we are difficult parents because we allowed/assisted our child in leaving a squad because we "signed a contract". My DD is essentially starting completely over. She's willing to do the hard work needed and realizes there is still a long difficult road in front of her. She's a good kid that was caught in a crappy situation. I only hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel for her.
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 07/02/13, 10:30 am

bigtex75081 wrote:
silentparent wrote:

Sorry if I am hijacking this thread. This is all hypothetical, of course, because we don’t know the circumstances around this particular situation…

Let’s say that the coach committed to carrying a small roster because he liked the kids that he had and didn’t see value in adding a 15th and 16th player. By doing that, he created a dependent relationship on each of those families. The families readily accepted this arrangement. Unfortunately, the team though wasn’t as good as they thought and now they’re struggling to win games. Because the team isn’t winning, families are starting to grumble and they want to get out. Losing isn't acceptable in the USA. The coach knows that things hang in a shaky balance and just a couple wins might be the fix the team needs. A release of a good player would unravel everything.

We see folks on here all the time that AREN’T willing to fight through a tough season. Instead of getting a ton of minutes on a struggling team and potentially getting the in-game experience that it takes to become a star… they’d rather just quit. They’d rather just buy the 16th (or 18th) spot on a winning team instead.

Maybe that’s where the hints of America’s wussification is coming from… Parents don’t have the patience to see their kids struggle and eventually overcome. They just want to see their kids win all the time, right away. They want their kids to be winners but they don’t have the patience to let their kids LEARN how to become real winners by fighting their way to the top. It’s easier just to come on a message board and get the list of top-5 team in NTX instead.

Your assumption seems to be based on everyone wanting to move to a winning team. What are your thoughts on all the other situations? Say where the kid is not good enough to compete at the level and would like to move to a lesser team or one that is a better fit?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/02/13, 10:34 am

Lefty wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
silentparent wrote:

Your assumption seems to be based on everyone wanting to move to a winning team. What are your thoughts on all the other situations? Say where the kid is not good enough to compete at the level and would like to move to a lesser team or one that is a better fit?

Agreed, Bigtex you seem to have a myopic view this morning that the only reason kids ask for a release is because their parents want them on a winning team. What about:

1. The coach tells you before signing that you will play at least 50% of each game and when the season starts you go two games in a row without getting on the field?

2. The coach decides he doesn't need to show up for practices on a regular basis and cancels on a regular basis?

3. The team turns out to be just too good for you kid to get any playing time on and you need to be on a lower level team?

Also, the situation mentioned above where the coach quits on the team. All of these seem like good reasons to get out of the siutation and SilentParent is right, you should always side with what is best for the player.

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 07/02/13, 10:34 am

transplant ur over thinking it, should have just let her play out the year then moved on..
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next