North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

USA v Mexico Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

USA v Mexico

Go down

USA v Mexico Empty USA v Mexico

Post by soccer315 26/03/13, 11:27 pm

Take the point and run for the USA. Extremely lucky to get out of Azteca with a point.
soccer315
soccer315
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

USA v Mexico Empty Re: USA v Mexico

Post by Guest 27/03/13, 06:20 am

4 points three games in to WCQ and made it out of Azteca, lucky maybe,but at this point I will be satisfied with lucky!

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 27/03/13, 07:17 am

I thought it was a horrible display of ball movement for the US. Beasley needs to retire and start coaching somewhere. They kicked his butt all night. You'll notice that he was a step behind. That's why he kept throwing his body between the players and the ball.

We couldn't move the ball into the attacking third unless we played the long ball over the top, which we did 100 times. Bradley was a bull in a china shop and lucky he didn't get called for the PK in the first half. That was stupid! The last 4 minutes of the game possession was Mexico 90% USA 10%.

And we were happy with this. Do we not have any better players in the US?
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/03/13, 08:06 am

It's absolutely stunning to me that of all of the potential US left backs available, they went with Beasley. What a mismatch.

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 27/03/13, 08:23 am

It looked like a 90 minute penalty kill but was great to get out of there with the point. The play obviously needs to get better.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 27/03/13, 08:30 am

Terrible negative soccer. That reminds me of the U.S. from 20 years ago. All physicality with technically inept midfielders hoofing passes and crosses into orbit. Some of those crosses were beyond embarrassing. 'Lucky to escape' with a point doesn't even begin to describe it. Should have been 2 pks plus 2-3 other goals.

What in the world happened to the U.S. of 3-4 years ago? The team that could and would attack the world's best defenses? Last night was not progress.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer315 27/03/13, 08:30 am

TatonkaBurger wrote:It looked like a 90 minute penalty kill but was great to get out of there with the point. The play obviously needs to get better.

LOL, that was exactly what it looked like!!
soccer315
soccer315
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 27/03/13, 08:59 am

It was obvious to me that the ref didn't want to make a decision that would determine the final result. Several Mexican players and coaches were in the refs' faces immediately after that final whistle blew. I understood why they were upset but there were soooooooo many other opportunities that they missed on. I don't think the ref wanted to bail either side out. If the score was anything other than 0-0 at that time, I think that second half PK would have definitely been awarded.

Our offense was dreadful. Our middle defense and goalkeeping looked strong. Ultimately though, we need to be grateful to sneak out of there with a tie.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 27/03/13, 09:04 am

This is funny. The U.S. is not a top soccer Country. They played in maybe the toughest venue in the world against a team playing at a top 5 level while we were missing 6 starters. And even though Mexico played much better off the ball, the U.S. was clearly the better mid-field with the ball on their feet. But us fans always want to be negative. Going in, you wanted 4 points in the first 3 games. They are right where they should be.

And Wolf, nice tie for England yesterday against Hockaday
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 27/03/13, 09:21 am

soccersounder wrote:This is funny. The U.S. is not a top soccer Country. They played in maybe the toughest venue in the world against a team playing at a top 5 level while we were missing 6 starters. And even though Mexico played much better off the ball, the U.S. was clearly the better mid-field with the ball on their feet. But us fans always want to be negative. Going in, you wanted 4 points in the first 3 games. They are right where they should be.

This.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 27/03/13, 09:22 am

soccersounder wrote:This is funny. The U.S. is not a top soccer Country. They played in maybe the toughest venue in the world against a team playing at a top 5 level while we were missing 6 starters. And even though Mexico played much better off the ball, the U.S. was clearly the better mid-field with the ball on their feet. But us fans always want to be negative. Going in, you wanted 4 points in the first 3 games. They are right where they should be.

Don't get me wrong, after the 12th minute yesterday, England was a pile of digested food also. But that's been their story for 40 years. The English FA has successfully stifled any development in the national team with their youth system and focus on style of play and nothing there will change probably ever,

The U.S. should not be proud that for bad finishing and bad calls, they should have lost 5-0. The U.S. isn't a top soccer nation but we should be technically better than Iran. From that display yesterday, it was nothing more than a physical approach and parking the bus less than 2/3 of the way into the game. That was a point stolen, not a point earned.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 27/03/13, 09:29 am

So, is everyone happy with Klinsmann?
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 27/03/13, 09:30 am

the7wolf wrote:

Don't get me wrong, after the 12th minute yesterday, England was a pile of digested food also. But that's been their story for 40 years. The English FA has successfully stifled any development in the national team with their youth system and focus on style of play and nothing there will change probably ever,

The U.S. should not be proud that for bad finishing and bad calls, they should have lost 5-0. The U.S. isn't a top soccer nation but we should be technically better than Iran. From that display yesterday, it was nothing more than a physical approach and parking the bus less than 2/3 of the way into the game. That was a point stolen, not a point earned.

No question US parked the bus, but not sure what else you expected. I didn't see the same game you did if you saw two PKs not given (one for me) and what should have been 5-0 (from three shots on goal?).

The current US team is what it is. You can delve into developmental issues all you want, but I don't understand how any US fan can be unhappy with what happened last night. Between the environment, the injuries, and the overall quality of the team in general, getting a point was, IMO, commendable.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 27/03/13, 09:39 am

My biggest disappointment, if I'm being honest, is the technicality of the U.S. play. There cannot be a parent on here if they watched a U9 team play and they hit in the crosses and free kicks 25 yards away from the closest player, who wouldn't be critical. We should be aiming higher than "we crossed the ball in" or "we hit a free kick in a forward direction". I would not be happy with my 04s if they hit in those type of crosses (and two of the sky balls were practically unchallenged) and free kicks.

Having injured players is a poor excuse for poor technicality.

Two hands in the back of Hernendez was a pk in 90% of games and I can promise you not a parent on here wouldn't be on their feet screaming for that one.

I want the U.S. to progress which is why I wasn't happy with the style of play and the "ends justifies the means" summary of that game. The U.S. shouldn't get kudos for luck. That was a butt-kicking and the most one-sided game against Mexico I've seen since the early 90s.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by twotouch 27/03/13, 09:52 am

I agree that the US was technically poor, which was the second most disapppointing part of the game for me. But our movement off the ball was worse. Dumb runs, poorly timed with no sense of where the defenders were or no runs at all (triangles?!!). I thought that the inability to connect passes had at least as much to do with the poor movement and positioning as with the lack of technical skill. Mexico showed that they were far ahead of the US in both areas--they just lacked a cutting edge in front of goal.
twotouch
twotouch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 27/03/13, 10:36 am

Mexico is one of the top 5 teams in the world. Of course they are "far ahead of the US". Give the group some time to get injured players back and play together. One friendly win ever and one tie in CONCACAF ever at Azteca until last night!!!??? You guys are being too harsh. Enjoy the lucky or stolen point and move on... like the team plans to do.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/03/13, 10:43 am

Are we being negative or simply expecting better? Sure, the US looked pretty good in the middle. Running a 4-5-1 has a way of making a team look ubiquitous through the central zone. But all they did mostly was clog things up and hold on for dear life. If someone sees the glass as half full after a match like this, he is probably an MLS fan and content with soccer mediocrity.

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 27/03/13, 10:46 am

TatonkaBurger wrote:Mexico is one of the top 5 teams in the world. Of course they are "far ahead of the US". Give the group some time to get injured players back and play together. One friendly win ever and one tie in CONCACAF ever at Azteca until last night!!!??? You guys are being too harsh. Enjoy the lucky or stolen point and move on... like the team plans to do.

Top 5?

Spain, Germany, Portugal, France, Netherlands, Brazil, Argentina, etc. would consistently prove otherwise. I'd say Mexico are 15th-ish. I think they are a good little team no doubt but their consistency outside of their qualifying region wouldn't put them in the top 5.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 27/03/13, 10:46 am

TatonkaBurger wrote:Mexico is one of the top 5 teams in the world. Of course they are "far ahead of the US". Give the group some time to get injured players back and play together. One friendly win ever and one tie in CONCACAF ever at Azteca until last night!!!??? You guys are being too harsh. Enjoy the lucky or stolen point and move on... like the team plans to do.

Agree, if the US tried to play "pretty soccer" with Mexico, everyone would be screaming "why didn't they just park the bus, limit damage and try to get a point rather than getting embarrassed 5-0? "

As my old pappy says, "you have to dance with who brung ya." For those not from East Texas, it means you have to play the best game with the resources you have. Hopefully they will get better and healthier as a team before Brazil rolls around...

Last edited by good4nuthin on 27/03/13, 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 27/03/13, 10:48 am

Mexico is a talented side, but Top 5 is a stretch.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 27/03/13, 10:54 am

Gunner9 wrote:

Mexico is a talented side, but Top 5 is a stretch.

Agreed. Sorry. I actually just checked the FIFA rankings. Should have said 15.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 27/03/13, 01:01 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:So, is everyone happy with Klinsmann?

Yes. Until we lose to Spain. Then he will be an imbecile.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 27/03/13, 01:45 pm

All you guys talking about Mexico not being top 5 either A) dont watch international soccer and/or B) take things too literally..

The International rankings are a 2 YEAR SCALE... The fact they are 15 and were below the U.S. in the rankings a year ago, shows just how well they are playing. Mexico just won the Olympics and until these past 3 games have been maybe the best team in the world over the last 8 to 10 months along with Germany...

The attacking 5 is the best in the world internationally. And the Club affiliations their players have is starting to resemble Brazil.

My point, great result for the U.S.

soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 27/03/13, 03:00 pm

soccersounder wrote:All you guys talking about Mexico not being top 5 either A) dont watch international soccer and/or B) take things too literally..

The International rankings are a 2 YEAR SCALE... The fact they are 15 and were below the U.S. in the rankings a year ago, shows just how well they are playing. Mexico just won the Olympics and until these past 3 games have been maybe the best team in the world over the last 8 to 10 months along with Germany...

The attacking 5 is the best in the world internationally. And the Club affiliations their players have is starting to resemble Brazil.

Great result? Yes. Great performance? Oh Scooby no!

I have great hope in the U.S. national team. Just don't ever freaking play like that again. Play with some pride. Last night you played like an abused dog. We're better than that.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by twotouch 27/03/13, 03:35 pm

soccersounder wrote:All you guys talking about Mexico not being top 5 either A) dont watch international soccer and/or B) take things too literally..

Argentina may have something to say about that. Spain, too. Maybe Brazil, too.
twotouch
twotouch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down