North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

When did "The Beautiful Game" become "Ugly Girls Try to Maim?" Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

When did "The Beautiful Game" become "Ugly Girls Try to Maim?"

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

When did "The Beautiful Game" become "Ugly Girls Try to Maim?" Empty When did "The Beautiful Game" become "Ugly Girls Try to Maim?"

Post by Just an Observer 17/05/13, 07:42 am

Perhaps if North Texas girls soccer players worked as hard on developing skill as they do trying to "out tough" one another on the pitch more of them would end up on national teams?

Just an Observer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

When did "The Beautiful Game" become "Ugly Girls Try to Maim?" Empty Re: When did "The Beautiful Game" become "Ugly Girls Try to Maim?"

Post by weatherbug 17/05/13, 08:31 am

There are a few coaches out there trying to teach girls the beautiful game, but then those players just get mowed down by the aggressive teams. I'm trying to figure out how to work in MMA training to have a balanced approach! Surprised
weatherbug
weatherbug
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

When did "The Beautiful Game" become "Ugly Girls Try to Maim?" Empty Re: When did "The Beautiful Game" become "Ugly Girls Try to Maim?"

Post by 10sDad 17/05/13, 08:51 am

It really depends on degree. Soccer is a contact sport, and it can get rough.
I have had the privilidge to speak to numerous International FIFA referees, and I asked them what they thought about NTX soccer (I did not elude to the physicality). Almost everyone of them said they like that we play physical in NTX. They get emails from FIFA on a regular basis, reminding them that soccer is a physical sport, and to call the games as such. They complain about soccer in the NE, because the sidelines think everything should be a foul or a card. One went so far as to say that he reffed two NTX teams, and it was a very physical game...and he was impressed how calm the parents were...huh? He said that physical plays that would almost have parents on the field in the NE, would be shrugged off here without a parent even saying "c'mon ref!". He did go on to say that there were some pretty serious fouls in the game too, and that he had to do a lot of talking to players to keep it under control.

Regarding national team play, it requires the balance of physicality and skills. College coaches who need to increase their physicality will recruit in NTX...coaches looking for pure skills will look elsewhere. After all this diatribe, I actually agree that NTX puts too much emphasis on the physical and not enough on skills. However, if you want to say Brazil has the best skilled players, NTX has the best physical players...combine them into one player and you have the ultimate player IMHO.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 17/05/13, 08:57 am

Those who advocate soccer is a contact sport perpetuate the notion that being physical is the final edge. Referees have a hand is the level of aggression and physicality allowed in play. Seems to me to reduce the risk of serious injury penalties and cards need to be given. Nothing calms a team like cards, ejected players, and PKs.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 17/05/13, 09:23 am

midfieldersdad wrote:Those who advocate soccer is a contact sport perpetuate the notion that being physical is the final edge. Referees have a hand is the level of aggression and physicality allowed in play. Seems to me to reduce the risk of serious injury penalties and cards need to be given. Nothing calms a team like cards, ejected players, and PKs.

I would say it can be beneficial to be aggressive and have physicality that is under control if you want to play at the highest level.

As you mentioned, Referees, I believe they are critical to the success and safety of the match. As Im sure you all have seen injuries, they will continue to happen, but when it is over the line physically, well I put a significant responsibility on the Ref.

Penalties (the girls do realize it can cost them the game) and verbal warning usually can do the trick if your ref is a good communicator.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 17/05/13, 10:07 am

midfieldersdad wrote:Those who advocate soccer is a contact sport perpetuate the notion that being physical is the final edge. Referees have a hand is the level of aggression and physicality allowed in play. Seems to me to reduce the risk of serious injury penalties and cards need to be given. Nothing calms a team like cards, ejected players, and PKs.
Soccer IS a contact sport. Just like football, hockey, lacrosse, rugby, basketball, etc. Don't like it? find a non-contact sport like volleyball, gymnastics, bowling, golf, tennis, etc. But you still will see injuries...you just won't have the evil other player to blame.
Soccer has in its laws of the game, a whole section to dangerous play - where it is a foul or card if you put another player (or even yourself - playing the ball from the ground) in a dangerous situation that can result in an injury. There is nothing in the laws that encourages violence - quite the opposite. That being said, tempers flare and violent outbursts happen, and those should be handled with accordingly. Strong, legal contact is part of the game and encouraged in the sport and FIFA itself.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 17/05/13, 11:35 am

Hook It wrote:

I would say it can be beneficial to be aggressive and have physicality that is under control if you want to play at the highest level.

As you mentioned, Referees, I believe they are critical to the success and safety of the match. As Im sure you all have seen injuries, they will continue to happen, but when it is over the line physically, well I put a significant responsibility on the Ref.

Penalties (the girls do realize it can cost them the game) and verbal warning usually can do the trick if your ref is a good communicator.

I agree 100%, lackadaisical refs that don't take their trade seriously scare me to death. I have seen where a player jumped up and PUNCHED an opponent at midfield, and a yellow card whipped out and given to the player that got punched (the only person and ref at the game that missed the punch), because of the the young lady's unlady-like verbal response to the puncher!

Most of the games (I have seen) that get out-of-control physically are the result of inconsistent, loose called games. I've been too many Thunderdome Soccer Matches where there were more injuries than penalties called through 3/4 of the game, and a yellow card given with 5-10 min left for a cheap shot away from the ball. At that point, its too late to try gain control of the game.

Most know who the lazy refs are, and I think coaches should be able to "veto" or request certain refs not work their matches.

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 17/05/13, 01:11 pm

Hi Pack, I agree that the Refs should exert more control, North Texas has tightened up rules and provided more power to a ref in certain instances. However, if the Ref is inconsistent, allows Roadhouse rules, and gives out weak penalties, the ruff play will continue.

I have witnessed goalies being kicked after they are on the ground and firmly in possession of the ball. I have seen bloody arms where players dug their nails into another player's arms. I have seen cleat marks on thighs and stomachs.

As long as a coach allows it, and a ref allows it to happen, we will continue to see more serious injuries.

It is one thing to be aggressive to the ball and to fight to retain it. It is an entirely different thing to be aggressive to the player.

My personal opinion is that players who play the player and not the ball do so because they either lack the skill to win any other way, or they are purposely taught to play that way rather than play with skill.

I see teams who play extremely well, tough and physical, but not Smackdown, killer instinct, play.

Hair pulling, nail scratching, even biting opponents (as one lower level team player has done in recent weeks) has no honor attached to it. Maybe in Roller Derby days that would be acceptable.

They give penalties and big fines to football players for unnecessary roughness. They throw players out of baseball games and fine them when they throw a punch.

I have heard more and more out of control games this year than I can ever remember. Girls throwing punches, parents clearing benches. I am wondering what in the world has happened. Have people started drinking the koolaid? Is someone putting steroids in the Gaterade? Is it pent up road rage?

Whatever it is, we need to stop it now. I say Play hard, Play aggressive, Play smart, but don't play cage fighting ugly.

Peace!

Shocked
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 17/05/13, 01:37 pm

Just an Observer wrote:Perhaps if North Texas girls soccer players worked as hard on developing skill as they do trying to "out tough" one another on the pitch more of them would end up on national teams?

I've been watching since the '78s were playing and I don't ever remember girls soccer in NTX resembling jogo bonito. It has always been overly physical imo. Even some of the finest technical sides I can remember always seemed to have an "enforcer" or two on the squad to deal with the nonsense.

What I can tell you is that once you get past the top 3-4 teams in an age group, today's players by and large are much more skilled than yesteryear's. So one would think that would mitigate some of the violence. However, the explosion of "select" level players has cancelled that out. And as long as there is intense pressure to win from coaches and parents, players who can't outskill you will try anything to beat you.

Which leaves it up to the referees. I know from firsthand experience that an early card or two works wonders in keeping a match in check. What I've never been able to figure out is why there seems to be so much reluctance in pulling cards. Some I've worked with view a card as some sort of severe punishment. I never did. I thought it was an effective tool to help me do my job. And a match (and sideline) under control sure made my job easier.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 17/05/13, 02:51 pm

The best referees I have seen did not need to pull any cards to control the match. They are not a crutch to be pulled out to try to re-gain control or to set the tone from the outset.

Setting the tone should be done at the coin toss, and lots of communication work best. 99% of the time, a player does not see the referee motion advantage - they just get mad that a foul wasn't called, then feel cheated when it happens again, then try to take matters into their own hands the third time...but the ref was motioning advantage each time...just say it out loud so the players can hear when you call it. Say what you saw when you make a call - warn players that they are about to get a card for persistent infringement...don't wait until that 3rd or 4th foul that happens to be a minor one, then pull the card - you will have the players and the sideline upset for pulling a card on a relatively minor foul, when in fact you are calling persistent infringement...communicate for crying out loud!
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 17/05/13, 04:58 pm

10sDad wrote:The best referees I have seen did not need to pull any cards to control the match. They are not a crutch to be pulled out to try to re-gain control or to set the tone from the outset.

Setting the tone should be done at the coin toss, and lots of communication work best. 99% of the time, a player does not see the referee motion advantage - they just get mad that a foul wasn't called, then feel cheated when it happens again, then try to take matters into their own hands the third time...but the ref was motioning advantage each time...just say it out loud so the players can hear when you call it. Say what you saw when you make a call - warn players that they are about to get a card for persistent infringement...don't wait until that 3rd or 4th foul that happens to be a minor one, then pull the card - you will have the players and the sideline upset for pulling a card on a relatively minor foul, when in fact you are calling persistent infringement...communicate for crying out loud!

This is true, my favorite refs are the ones that chatter a bit with the girls... "play-on", "watch the elbow", etc.... it seems to put everything nicely in perspective for most of the players from the get go.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 21/05/13, 09:52 am

10sDad wrote:
Soccer IS a contact sport. Just like football, hockey, lacrosse, rugby, basketball, etc. Don't like it? find a non-contact sport like volleyball, gymnastics, bowling, golf, tennis, etc. But you still will see injuries...you just won't have the evil other player to blame.
Soccer has in its laws of the game, a whole section to dangerous play - where it is a foul or card if you put another player (or even yourself - playing the ball from the ground) in a dangerous situation that can result in an injury. There is nothing in the laws that encourages violence - quite the opposite. That being said, tempers flare and violent outbursts happen, and those should be handled with accordingly. Strong, legal contact is part of the game and encouraged in the sport and FIFA itself.
The debate about soccer being a contact sport is as classic and the great debate "less filling, tastes great". However, pushing, pulling, punching, grabbing, colliding, kicking and stick smacking are all elements of various CONTACT sports such a football, lacrosse, rugby, hockey and MMA. In futbol much like basketball deliberately colliding into a player is a foul. The key word is deliberate, contact is expected in most sports, but it is the type of contact that makes play dangerous. Flying knees in the direction of a player by another player to gain possession of the ball is similar to a high kick, it is dangerous play.

I would rather watch a soccer match that has penalties given to players for dangerous play beginning with warnings\penalties\cards, the refs have a responsibility to control the tempo of the game to minimize injuries. To many times players are allowed to kick wildly at the ball hitting only the other player or trying to "dead leg" an opponent. If we are to accept the notion soccer is a contact sport and dangerous plays are common place then it is reasonable to expect pads and helmets. Example; this weekend our GK was in the box with both are arms up and jumping straight up catch the ball coming down. She was flipped by the attacking player getting under the GK and thrusting upward to force the GK to drop the bal. The GK flipped over and landed on her head and neck. The fef called it a 50/50, I called it a red card. The GK was vulnerable and was the only player in the box that should be touching the ball with hands. 50/50 implies either player can gain possession. That type of play is unsportsmanlike, the attacker was just not going to be able to get the ball and so she moved to the final edge, unnecessary and dangerous play at the risk permanent injury to the GK, not herself. The referee was negilent in her duties and lucky the GK was able to make her school dance that evening, albeit a little sore, but thankfully NOT in a wheelchair.

Controlled contact and skill is what makes futbol the beautiful game, football tackles have no place in soccer and should be discouraged and punished if necessary. Soccer is NOT a contact sport and no I will not find another sport, I will continue to insist the rest of you play the game with the grace, sportsmanship, skill and finesse the makes futbol the beautiful game.
midfieldersdad
midfieldersdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 21/05/13, 10:46 am

midfieldersdad wrote:
10sDad wrote:
The debate about soccer being a contact sport is as classic and the great debate "less filling, tastes great". However, pushing, pulling, punching, grabbing, colliding, kicking and stick smacking are all elements of various CONTACT sports such a football, lacrosse, rugby, hockey and MMA. In futbol much like basketball deliberately colliding into a player is a foul. The key word is deliberate, contact is expected in most sports, but it is the type of contact that makes play dangerous. Flying knees in the direction of a player by another player to gain possession of the ball is similar to a high kick, it is dangerous play.

I would rather watch a soccer match that has penalties given to players for dangerous play beginning with warnings\penalties\cards, the refs have a responsibility to control the tempo of the game to minimize injuries. To many times players are allowed to kick wildly at the ball hitting only the other player or trying to "dead leg" an opponent. If we are to accept the notion soccer is a contact sport and dangerous plays are common place then it is reasonable to expect pads and helmets. Example; this weekend our GK was in the box with both are arms up and jumping straight up catch the ball coming down. She was flipped by the attacking player getting under the GK and thrusting upward to force the GK to drop the bal. The GK flipped over and landed on her head and neck. The fef called it a 50/50, I called it a red card. The GK was vulnerable and was the only player in the box that should be touching the ball with hands. 50/50 implies either player can gain possession. That type of play is unsportsmanlike, the attacker was just not going to be able to get the ball and so she moved to the final edge, unnecessary and dangerous play at the risk permanent injury to the GK, not herself. The referee was negilent in her duties and lucky the GK was able to make her school dance that evening, albeit a little sore, but thankfully NOT in a wheelchair.

Controlled contact and skill is what makes futbol the beautiful game, football tackles have no place in soccer and should be discouraged and punished if necessary. Soccer is NOT a contact sport and no I will not find another sport, I will continue to insist the rest of you play the game with the grace, sportsmanship, skill and finesse the makes futbol the beautiful game.
Dangerous play is illegal...yes. Contact, or even initiating contact is not. Read the LOTG. Shoulder barges, slide tackles (cleats down, legitimate play for the ball), initiating contact while shielding the ball, 50/50 challenges...all legal. In fact, I find it a bit ironic that you specifically call out leading with the knee, and then tell a keeper story...keepers are trained to jump with the knee up to deflect the possibility of the hit and keep their eye on the ball. Your story sounded like a dangerous collision, and it may indeed have been a foul. Nobody likes to see anyone hurt, in any sport. I don't like to see anyone get hurt. But...soccer is a physical sport and contact is part of the game. My oldest boy had a brain tumor, and was banned from contact sports by his neurologist...soccer was one of them. He became a really good bowler.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 21/05/13, 11:58 am

10sDad wrote:
midfieldersdad wrote:
10sDad wrote:

Dangerous play is illegal...yes. Contact, or even initiating contact is not. Read the LOTG. Shoulder barges, slide tackles (cleats down, legitimate play for the ball), initiating contact while shielding the ball, 50/50 challenges...all legal. In fact, I find it a bit ironic that you specifically call out leading with the knee, and then tell a keeper story...keepers are trained to jump with the knee up to deflect the possibility of the hit and keep their eye on the ball. Your story sounded like a dangerous collision, and it may indeed have been a foul. Nobody likes to see anyone hurt, in any sport. I don't like to see anyone get hurt. But...soccer is a physical sport and contact is part of the game. My oldest boy had a brain tumor, and was banned from contact sports by his neurologist...soccer was one of them. He became a really good bowler.
Bowling is a fine game and Im happy to hear your son found a calling. My son also played soccer but he was more interested in "enforcing" and realized this was not his calling, he opted instead for martial arts, now in Taekwondo, he has had his share of kicks to the head. It is expected because of the nature of the sport, it is well understood you will be hit. Scan YouTube for soccer videos and viddy some of the egregious examples of sucker punches and cheap shots that have inundated the sport with the notion "hey it's a contact sport!" the reality is, if a soccer player wants to punch, push, kick, and maim, there is a sport out there for her/him, it's MMA! I love it!
While I will agree with you soccer is a physical game, play can be dangerous I also contend the game is ruined by malicious, careless and unnecessarily dangerous plays. In my example the GK was not moving forward with her knee out she jumped straight up.
The issue is IMO easily remedied referees need to make better calls, a good ref makes a difference in the sport and makes the game much more enjoyable. I really would rather not see pads in soccer. See you on the pitch!
midfieldersdad
midfieldersdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 21/05/13, 05:37 pm

Soccer is a physical sport and coaches do value physical and tough players. We can debate intent, complain and swap horror stories all day-- whether or not coaches teach biting, scratching, eye poking, and body slams is irrelevant, because the ref should control the game. If those tactics don't provide advantage, or better, have negative consequences on outcomes of matches, it would be ineffective and disadvantageous for coaches to teach or even overlook those of tactics.

Too many of these officials aren't conditioned to adequately monitor game play and try to call the match from mid-field. All matches should be called tightly from opening whistle to set the tone, so players can adapt to the game and possibly allow some leeway at end of games. This mess of allowing matches to escalate and the game is decided by bogus call at end of play or worse, trying to get control of it after a serious injury or foul can totally be avoided and corrected with better officiating..

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 21/05/13, 09:01 pm

10sDad wrote:.. However, if you want to say Brazil has the best skilled players, NTX has the best physical players...combine them into one player and you have the ultimate player IMHO.

Probably the reason Brazil has won 5 world cups to the USA's 0..and also the reason that so few (relative to the overall 'strength' of the region) N.Tx players make the national teams at any age group level...boys of girls...

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Youtube Taught 22/05/13, 09:23 am

My 2 cents,... Some of what I have seen as far as fouls, etc. is encouraged by some of the parents. While at a recent 4v4, I watched a mother stand up and yell at her daughter "you don't take that from her or anyone, do you hear me"... This was in response to her daughter, who had been leading with low and hard shoulders the entire game, getting bounced back by another player who got tired of the ugly hits. For the rest of the game the "Daughter" had tears in her eyes and ran/walked the field with her fists clenched looking like she was ready to take a head off....talking trash to the other player.. This is not the first time I have seen this and I know it will not be the last. So while many of the comments above are valid, parents have a role in this as well. Like it or not the kids on the field feed off of the parents energy/words/etc. Again, just my 2 cents.

Youtube Taught
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Erod 22/05/13, 01:05 pm

Yes, soccer is a physical sport, but there is so much contact in games in NTX games where the player isn't even attempting to play the ball, and the referee either (1) calls nothing, or (2) calls a foul when a card is more than justified.

There are so many lazy coaches in north Texas that spend practice on cell phones or talking to parents, and they they opt for the physical, kick ball style that will win most games as long as the athletes are there.

Fortunately, there are a handful of coaches who do teach the game. Those girls eventually benefit later as the "physical" kids move further and further down to the end of the bench as the talent levels increase.

You don't see a lot of NTX girls on top-20 ranked college rosters in the country. That's why.

Erod
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 22/05/13, 01:16 pm

Erod wrote:Yes, soccer is a physical sport, but there is so much contact in games in NTX games where the player isn't even attempting to play the ball, and the referee either (1) calls nothing, or (2) calls a foul when a card is more than justified.

There are so many lazy coaches in north Texas that spend practice on cell phones or talking to parents, and they they opt for the physical, kick ball style that will win most games as long as the athletes are there.

Fortunately, there are a handful of coaches who do teach the game. Those girls eventually benefit later as the "physical" kids move further and further down to the end of the bench as the talent levels increase.

You don't see a lot of NTX girls on top-20 ranked college rosters in the country. That's why.

Idiot comment.

3 Played on Notre Dame's championship team. Some have recently played on NC, Stanford, etc. You also see plenty on Top 20 teams like Baylor, A&M, Oklahoma State, etc. They are more likely to play regionally,
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 22/05/13, 01:32 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:
Erod wrote:Yes, soccer is a physical sport, but there is so much contact in games in NTX games where the player isn't even attempting to play the ball, and the referee either (1) calls nothing, or (2) calls a foul when a card is more than justified.

Idiot comment.

3 Played on Notre Dame's championship team. Some have recently played on NC, Stanford, etc. You also see plenty on Top 20 teams like Baylor, A&M, Oklahoma State, etc. They are more likely to play regionally,
I agree Unc...and one of those girls (a friend of ours) who played for Stanford, also was a starter on the Mexican National team in the last World Cup in Germany...
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Erod 22/05/13, 01:35 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:

Idiot comment.

Fair enough. I'll restate it. You don't see this area producing many of the high-profile SKILLED girls players in the country.

There are way too many girls playing in North Texas not to be producing star players on bigtime rosters across the country. They are few and far between.

And I've been told that by NTX coaches and college recruiters alike.

That will hopefully change, and to the point of the thread, proper refereeing would help.

Erod
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 22/05/13, 11:18 pm

Erod wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:

Idiot comment.

Fair enough. I'll restate it. You don't see this area producing many of the high-profile SKILLED girls players in the country.

There are way too many girls playing in North Texas not to be producing star players on bigtime rosters across the country. They are few and far between.

And I've been told that by NTX coaches and college recruiters alike.

That will hopefully change, and to the point of the thread, proper refereeing would help.

There are plenty of skilled NTX girls on good rosters if you're not too ignorant to look.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Header 23/05/13, 09:59 am

cheers

Header
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/05/13, 10:40 am

10sDad wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:

Idiot comment.

I agree Unc...and one of those girls (a friend of ours) who played for Stanford, also was a starter on the Mexican National team in the last World Cup in Germany...

That would be GM.. Awesome center back out of Stanford....

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 23/05/13, 10:47 am

UEFA wrote:
10sDad wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:

Idiot comment.

That would be GM.. Awesome center back out of Stanford....
Actually, it's Alina...I guess its OK to post her name since she has a wiki...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alina_Garciamendez
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum