North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Goal Keeper Select Dues Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Goal Keeper Select Dues

Go down

Goal Keeper Select Dues Empty Goal Keeper Select Dues

Post by Kicking & Screaming 29/06/13, 02:09 pm

Is it typical for goal keepers to pay full select dues? Any feedback is appreciated.
Kicking & Screaming
Kicking & Screaming
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Goal Keeper Select Dues Empty Re: Goal Keeper Select Dues

Post by vickj 29/06/13, 02:31 pm

Yes, we paid the same fees everybody else did but the GK uniforms were less $ than the field players since we had fewer items to buy.  The field players had to buy a few more pieces.

vickj
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

http://www.teachmethepiano.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/06/13, 03:24 pm

Yes. Why wouldn't they?

In many clubs GK's actually have access to GK specific training sessions in addition to their regular training sessions with their team, and these are included in the same dues that the field players play. So, you can make an argument that GK's actually get more value for their $$ than field players.

Now, if your coach is just sticking the GK in between the pipes during team practices and isn't letting her participate in skill related drills and/or small sided play with the field players in order to help her improve foot skills and field awareness, that is an issue you should address with your coach.

Also, if your DD is the primary keeper on a select team, chances are, she rarely gets subbed out and is therefore likely getting more game minutes that just about any other player on the team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 30/06/13, 09:54 am

Kicking & Screaming wrote:Is it typical for goal keepers to pay full select dues? Any feedback is appreciated.

Why wouldn't they?
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by keeperdad2003 30/06/13, 10:34 am

They are typically the same. In addition to the cost you may have an outside GK trainer that you pay. But it will be we'll worth it to support your DD
keeperdad2003
keeperdad2003
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Goal Keeper Select Dues Empty Keeper Dues

Post by MaggieMaggie 30/06/13, 10:44 am

Yes. Make sure your club has quality keeper training. If you have a private keeper trainer, make sure they are okay with this (why wouldn't they?). But, you will need written permission from your coach to go to a private keeper coach if he/she is not affiliated with your club. Add this to your club dues too. I have heard of the elusive pay for your gloves but have never seen it at the club level. My DD happens to love a "cheap" Diadora glove that is getting harder and harder to find so we buy in bulk when we find this glove, i.e. we buy all they have in her size whenever we find the glove. We were on one team that insisted she buy a field kit too. She has also been on a team that because of team injuries she played on the field and broke her hand one June and the coach let her play on the field. Correct comment about a coach putting DD in goal and the team spends most of the practice just shooting on the keep. See this too often. After 45 plus minutes of continuous shooting by the entire team, does nothing to help the keeper and may even contribute to injury. My DD participates in the field drills with her current team and gets shot on maybe 20 minutes of the practice.
MaggieMaggie
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fun soccer 02/07/13, 10:24 am

Kicking & Screaming wrote:Is it typical for goal keepers to pay full select dues? Any feedback is appreciated.

All of our Keepers pay the same. The Keepers also get a full uniform kit. My keepers like that because when we go out to eat after a game or at a tournament they can wear the same shirt as their teammates, but i ask that they wear their stinky gloves to dinner affraid Laughing 
fun soccer
fun soccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by keeperdad2003 05/07/13, 11:02 pm

mmmmmm Keeper gloves! They smell great
keeperdad2003
keeperdad2003
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/07/13, 12:10 am

keeperdad2003 wrote:mmmmmm Keeper gloves! They smell great
Keeper glove smell stays with you forever.

Back to top Go down

Goal Keeper Select Dues Empty Keep Em Fresh

Post by MaggieMaggie 06/07/13, 12:00 pm

Cleansheets wrote:

DD's keeper coach insists they don't need to smell and gets on them for stinky gloves. He tells them a gentle hand washing after each use with a mild detergent will avoid the stink. Most keeps have at least 2 pairs of gloves and you just rotate while the pair is drying. Great advise, I guess, but have you ever heard of anyone washing their gloves after each use?
MaggieMaggie
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 97keepersdad 06/07/13, 01:01 pm

MaggieMaggie wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:

DD's keeper coach insists they don't need to smell and gets on them for stinky gloves.   He tells them a gentle hand washing after each use with a mild detergent will avoid the stink.   Most keeps have at least 2 pairs of gloves and you just rotate while the pair is drying.    Great advise, I guess, but have you ever heard of anyone washing their gloves after each use?

Regular washings and GLOVEDOGS.
97keepersdad
97keepersdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by h_seldon 06/07/13, 01:34 pm

MaggieMaggie wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:

DD's keeper coach insists they don't need to smell and gets on them for stinky gloves.   He tells them a gentle hand washing after each use with a mild detergent will avoid the stink.   Most keeps have at least 2 pairs of gloves and you just rotate while the pair is drying.    Great advise, I guess, but have you ever heard of anyone washing their gloves after each use?

my DD has been a keeper for going on 8 years. While doing a bunch of reading when she was younger on websites based in England. Yes most advise on glove care is to wash them at least once if not twice before use, and then after ever use. The gloves will have better grip, and last much longer. We us the Reusch glove wash, and warm water, dry with glove dogs.

Before and during play keep them damp with water. (if using an aqua palm keep them wet)

One other thing that one of her old keeper coaches said, is to never spit on your gloves. This will cause the latex to break down faster.
h_seldon
h_seldon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieMaggie 06/07/13, 02:21 pm

h_seldon wrote:
MaggieMaggie wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:

my DD has been a keeper for going on 8 years.  While doing a bunch of reading when she was younger on websites based in England.  Yes most advise on glove care is to wash them at least once if not twice before use, and then after ever use.  The gloves will have better grip, and last much longer.  We us the Reusch glove wash, and warm water, dry with glove dogs.

Before and during play keep them damp with water.  (if using an aqua palm keep them wet)

One other thing that one of her old keeper coaches said, is to never spit on your gloves.  This will cause the latex to break down faster.

I can believe that since spit is the beginning of the digestion process. My DD first keeper coach many years ago, Frank Hason (Paul's dad) showed her how to spit on her gloves. Especially while looking hard at an opposing forward:tongue: 
MaggieMaggie
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/07/13, 05:24 pm

h_seldon wrote:
MaggieMaggie wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:

my DD has been a keeper for going on 8 years. While doing a bunch of reading when she was younger on websites based in England. Yes most advise on glove care is to wash them at least once if not twice before use, and then after ever use. The gloves will have better grip, and last much longer. We us the Reusch glove wash, and warm water, dry with glove dogs.

Before and during play keep them damp with water. (if using an aqua palm keep them wet)

One other thing that one of her old keeper coaches said, is to never spit on your gloves. This will cause the latex to break down faster.
My DD keeps a very small plastic spray bottle with water and frequently sprays the palms of her gloves to keep them tacky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down