North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

New Elm Fork Soccer Complex in Dallas (news to me) Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

New Elm Fork Soccer Complex in Dallas (news to me)

Go down

New Elm Fork Soccer Complex in Dallas (news to me) Empty New Elm Fork Soccer Complex in Dallas (news to me)

Post by Soccer-Fan 21/08/13, 12:48 pm

Did anyone see the article in the Dallas Morning news about the new Elm Fork Soccer Complex in Dallas (to be run by FCD) ???  

ARTICLE (w/ Photo):  ARTICLE

MASTER PLAN (w/ video):  City Master Plan

FC Dallas is city’s choice to manage Elm Fork soccer complex

From DMN:
By ROBERT WILONSKY
More than a year after the city of Dallas began looking for someone to operate the Elm Fork Athletic Complex, a winner has been declared: FC Dallas.
Under terms of a deal being hammered out, a management group associated with the Major League Soccer club would take control of the complex on Jan. 1 and have it open by next spring, in time for the Dr Pepper Dallas Cup, an annual international youth soccer tournament.

On Thursday, the Dallas Park Board is to discuss a contract that would give FCD Management LLC control of the 138-acre, $31.4 million expanse of soccer fields, built atop an old landfill near Walnut Hill Lane and the Stemmons Freeway. Under the deal, the city would pay the management group $818,008 annually for the next five years, with two five-year options.

According to records filed with the Texas secretary of state, FCD Management was established in June by Alan W. Tompkins, general counsel of Hunt Sports Group, which owns FC Dallas.

Willis Winters, head of the city’s Park and Recreation Department, said the entity was created to manage the complex.  “This is the conclusion of an exhaustive search,” Winters said. He added that FC Dallas won the bid easily.
“I think we’ve found the very best operator that we possibly could engage to manage and operate this complex for us and meet our goals of having the highest-quality tournament facility in Dallas,” he said.  “There’s so much FC Dallas can bring to this complex.”

Under the proposed agreement, the city and FC Dallas would divide income generated by the sports complex, with the city getting about 75 percent after expenses. The city would return profit generated from the complex into further improvements.

The Elm Fork complex stands to make “substantially more money” with FC Dallas at the helm, Winters said.  “Most of that has to do with their expertise and their standing in the world of top soccer tournaments,” according to Winters.
FC Dallas declined to comment on the deal, pending final action by the City Council, which could come in September.

The complex’s opening has been delayed for years. In 2010, the City Council was told to expect a February 2012 opening. Last January, the promise was that it would open in September of this year. But another withering summer has been hard on the grass. Winters said additional time is needed to get the fields “in perfect condition” in time for the Dallas Cup in mid-April.
Soccer-Fan
Soccer-Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

New Elm Fork Soccer Complex in Dallas (news to me) Empty Re: New Elm Fork Soccer Complex in Dallas (news to me)

Post by h_seldon 21/08/13, 01:02 pm

Did not see the article. However, use google maps and put in Walnut Hill and I35 and look just to the west. Ten soccer fields with lights up. No grass or parking yet.
h_seldon
h_seldon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

New Elm Fork Soccer Complex in Dallas (news to me) Empty Re: New Elm Fork Soccer Complex in Dallas (news to me)

Post by Soccer-Fan 21/08/13, 01:25 pm

And here are more links with additional details (maps/plans/photos):

Dallas Park & REC PPT Deck on Facility

Trinity River Project Site
Soccer-Fan
Soccer-Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 21/08/13, 01:32 pm

Here is a link to a discussion thread about this on the boys forum..

http://www.txsoccer.info/t9229-elm-fork-soccer-complex
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 21/08/13, 02:05 pm

Slakemoth wrote:Here is a link to a discussion thread about this on the boys forum..

http://www.txsoccer.info/t9229-elm-fork-soccer-complex
They did bring up what I was wondering... What about the area it is in? As much as we joke about Moss with the liquor store & poor parking, this has the potential to be as much fun with the roads, "gentlemen's" clubs, homeless, etc.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/13, 02:28 pm

At least there is the horrible par 3 golf course and driving range next door.

Back to top Go down

Post by showfor 21/08/13, 02:57 pm

Isn't there a rifle shooting range located at the Elm Fork site?

showfor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 21/08/13, 03:15 pm

Im sure the google maps satellite isn't up to date, but I am having an issue seeing this sat view and the video and figuring out how they are going to eventually match up.

Speaking of the area, it may just be my naïve Plano upbringing, but I always considered that area just West of Stemmons and North of Loop 12 to be where the dead bodies are dumped.

View Larger Map
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/13, 03:24 pm

Yes...a bunch of dead bodies in the area. I am pretty certain that is where the poster Coach R ended up a couple of years ago.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/13, 03:38 pm

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "turfmonster", huh?

I can see it now... Hassan, acting like Miss Sue in the Blind Side, telling some kid "you know, there's bodies buried under those FC Dallas fields that have been known to reach up and grab players... but if you really want to go there, FC Dallas has a great program..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 21/08/13, 03:56 pm

ignore this.... reposted info already up here
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/13, 04:15 pm

What about the area it is in? As much as we joke about Moss with the liquor store & poor parking, this has the potential to be as much fun with the roads, "gentlemen's" clubs, homeless, etc.

it is what it is, typical of dallas, old landfill, homeless, vagrants,strip clubs etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/13, 04:20 pm

silentparent wrote:What about the area it is in? As much as we joke about Moss with the liquor store & poor parking, this has the potential to be as much fun with the roads, "gentlemen's" clubs, homeless, etc.

it is what it is, typical of dallas, old landfill, homeless, vagrants,strip clubs etc.
Don't forget about the liquor stores at the corner of Walnut Hill and Stemmons....first opportunity for liquor as you are headed southbound on Stemmons...attracts a stellar clientele....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/13, 04:25 pm

soccer punk wrote:
silentparent wrote:What about the area it is in? As much as we joke about Moss with the liquor store & poor parking, this has the potential to be as much fun with the roads, "gentlemen's" clubs, homeless, etc.

Don't forget about the liquor stores at the corner of Walnut Hill and Stemmons....first opportunity for liquor as you are headed southbound on Stemmons...attracts a stellar clientele....
yep, can't wait to be putting kids in the car and be asked for 5 dollars by a bum....

Back to top Go down

Post by SanteriaBlackCleatCult 21/08/13, 04:49 pm

Sounds like the perfect place for Brent Coralli to set up his next venture!
SanteriaBlackCleatCult
SanteriaBlackCleatCult
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

New Elm Fork Soccer Complex in Dallas (news to me) Empty Get it Right

Post by MaggieMaggie 21/08/13, 05:17 pm

Blank77 wrote:Im sure the google maps satellite isn't up to date, but I am having an issue seeing this sat view and the video and figuring out how they are going to eventually match up.

Speaking of the area, it may just be my naïve Plano upbringing, but I always considered that area just West of Stemmons and North of Loop 12 to be where the dead bodies are dumped.

View Larger Map
Please, you folks from the Provinces. They dump them in the Trinity Bottoms or in far south East Dallas.
MaggieMaggie
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down