North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

XUXUH!!! NO TYPO, might be the next phenom!! Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

XUXUH!!! NO TYPO, might be the next phenom!!

Go down

XUXUH!!! NO TYPO, might be the next phenom!! Empty XUXUH!!! NO TYPO, might be the next phenom!!

Post by soccershins 28/08/13, 02:14 pm

This kid is a beast! There's a kid in every youth league we enjoy watching but they probably don't compare to XUXUH!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked 

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91stminute/2013/08/a-12-year-old-american-named-xuxuh-has-a-crazy-highlight-reel/

soccershins
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

XUXUH!!! NO TYPO, might be the next phenom!! Empty Re: XUXUH!!! NO TYPO, might be the next phenom!!

Post by Valjoux13 28/08/13, 06:06 pm

Good breakaway speed, nicely placed shots, and about average skills... against what looks to be subpar competition. Too early to label this kid a "phenom".

Valjoux13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

XUXUH!!! NO TYPO, might be the next phenom!! Empty Phenom???

Post by justsayin02 28/08/13, 07:19 pm

He's GOOD and all, but I would love to video my daughter playing vs the level of players he was playing alongside too.  Most starters (plus some) in Lake Highlands would be able to create a video making them look like a great player too, playing with that competition and taping some of their additional skills, strength and conditioning and practices.  His parents should be proud, but like previous poster, I say too early to tell.  IMO, he has excellent athleticism but just slightly better than average skills.

Is he related to you Valjoux13? If so you should be proud he is a talented boy and with continued hard work he may very well be the player the video poster/creator wants him to be!
justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

XUXUH!!! NO TYPO, might be the next phenom!! Empty Re: XUXUH!!! NO TYPO, might be the next phenom!!

Post by Guest 28/08/13, 07:28 pm

Valjoux13 wrote:Good breakaway speed, nicely placed shots, and about average skills... against what looks to be subpar competition.  Too early to label this kid a "phenom".
And that right there is the bias that plagues American Soccer for decades and ONE of the reasons we don't have XuXuh's falling out the woodwork all over the country. You see the kid has speed and athleticism, so you assume his skills are average and the competition is subpar. He must be dominating weak competition with his athleticism...lol.

The kid is obviously VERY skilled for a 12-year-old. Some of those clips are against top competition including La Masia (yes THAT La Masia). The thing that impresses me the most is with all that speed and athleticism, he's being trained as an outside back and is extraordinarily comfortable with the ball at his feet. If he were in NTX he'd be the fast fwd with the team sending long balls over the top expecting him to dribble by 4 defenders, his team would win the vast majority of games, and he'd be clueless on how to play the game at a world class level by 16.

The kid's decision making appears to be top notch. The layoff at 1:55 is vision!  I don't know how many times I've seen the speed merchant fwd shoot that in the side net or straight to the keeper after dribbling 40 yards. This kid has his head up and tees up a teammate with the flair of a much older player.

I'm not a fanboy for the guys at 3four3 because I recognize they have a massive advantage in not using the pay to play model, but give credit where credit is due. They're doing an outstanding job with this kid. He might not be a phenom at 15, but he sure looks like the real deal at 12.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valjoux13 28/08/13, 07:56 pm

4-3-3 wrote:
Valjoux13 wrote:Good breakaway speed, nicely placed shots, and about average skills... against what looks to be subpar competition.  Too early to label this kid a "phenom".
And that right there is the bias that plagues American Soccer for decades and ONE of the reasons we don't have XuXuh's falling out the woodwork all over the country. You see the kid has speed and athleticism, so you assume his skills are average and the competition is subpar. He must be dominating weak competition with his athleticism...lol.

The kid is obviously VERY skilled for a 12-year-old. Some of those clips are against top competition including La Masia (yes THAT La Masia). The thing that impresses me the most is with all that speed and athleticism, he's being trained as an outside back and is extraordinarily comfortable with the ball at his feet. If he were in NTX he'd be the fast fwd with the team sending long balls over the top expecting him to dribble by 4 defenders, his team would win the vast majority of games, and he'd be clueless on how to play the game at a world class level by 16.

The kid's decision making appears to be top notch. The layoff at 1:55 is vision!  I don't know how many times I've seen the speed merchant fwd shoot that in the side net or straight to the keeper after dribbling 40 yards. This kid has his head up and tees up a teammate with the flair of a much older player.

I'm not a fanboy for the guys at 3four3 because I recognize they have a massive advantage in not using the pay to play model, but give credit where credit is due. They're doing an outstanding job with this kid. He might not be a phenom at 15, but he sure looks like the real deal at 12.
I watched it again. The kid is good... but some of his best plays come from equally great plays by his teammates. Most of what is shown in the video are breakaways followed by very good passes or shots. As for really creative movement with the ball, it's mostly just quick cuts and blowing by the competition. Nothing wrong with that, but not what I would label as exceptional skill. Your post is an extreme overreaction with a statement like "that right there is the bias that plagues American soccer..." He looks like a very good player; not necessarily a phenomena. Time will tell.

Valjoux13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/08/13, 08:06 pm

Valjoux13 wrote:I watched it again.  The kid is good... but some of his best plays come from equally great plays by his teammates.  Most of what is shown in the video are breakaways followed by very good passes or shots.  As for really creative movement with the ball, it's mostly just quick cuts and blowing by the competition.  Nothing wrong with that, but not what I would label as exceptional skill.  Your post is an extreme overreaction with a statement like "that right there is the bias that plagues American soccer..."  He looks like a very good player; not necessarily a phenomena.  Time will tell.

You should go to the site and watch the other vids on this kid. Those other clips show him breaking pressure with skill, making quick decisions, demonstrating patience. I'm not sure how you classify his technical ability as "average" for a 12-year-old.

Obviously 3four3 is hyping him, but looks like they've got something to work with. My point is you pigeon-holed the kid as "athlete" right off the bat. And that's a dirty word in U.S. soccer, and the same mentality a boatload of U.S. coaches would have if given the same raw material to work with.

Phenom might be the marketing they're heaping on the kid, but I don't think you get invited to play with international academies if you're average.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 28/08/13, 08:45 pm

I think there are some very skilled outside backs that are very comfortable with the ball and attacking from the back in NXT that haven't been placed as forwards...

4-3-3 wrote:

1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/08/13, 10:02 pm

1more_dd_dad wrote:I think there are some very skilled outside backs that are very comfortable with the ball and attacking from the back in NXT that haven't been placed as forwards...

Yes there are. One plays on my daughter's team.

A great shot and the level of dominant athleticism vs peers this kid appears to have? Haven't seen any at outside back. A few attacking mids here and there, but by and large those extraordinarily gifted athletes are up top chasing down long balls winning games with their speed.

I just don't see transcendant athletes challenged and nurtured to become tacticians. It's pretty clear this TFA kid wasn't just labeled "athlete" and then pimped for his speed to win games. Somebody decided to teach this kid how to play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anarchy 29/08/13, 12:19 am

Thought maybe the link was bad... Saw nothing more than a good fast soccer player. There are plenty that do what he did in this video every weekend.

Anarchy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by orbitzone2000 29/08/13, 07:11 am

Wow!!! Maybe I've been missing all the Boys talent here in NTX? The video I watched looked like a u12 kid that was playing and thinking the game on a U17 level. I don't think there are many of those in NTX at all IMHO. That kid looks like a phenom.

orbitzone2000
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/08/13, 07:57 am

If you follow the 3four3 blog you see the coaching concepts and ideals they follow for those boys. Watch their YouTube clips and you will see that entire team is at another level and he is a stud for that squad.

He went to to toe with some of the best that there are out there at his age, not here in Texas, or the states, but the world.... maybe Phenom is the wrong word at his current age, but he is on the path. U12 called up for the U14 national squad. Any of the DDs or BBs here in NTX get that callup?

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermonster 29/08/13, 04:03 pm

I see speed, great touch on the ball, quick change of direction, and excellent vision. That was very refreshing to see, and especially if he does it against top competition in the world. Not comparing, but Messi uses a lot of that quick change of direction and burst of speed, and not a lot of helicopters and rainbows. Just saying...
soccermonster
soccermonster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 29/08/13, 07:27 pm

The thing I noticed most in the video besides the kids speed was the unselfishness of the players around him AND him continuing runs. One of the biggest things I have noticed is parents tend to tell thier kids they have to do it all. It is very frustrating to see a DD play a ball to a mid on a give and go or overlap only to see the mid then turn the ball to the middle and lose possession... So not only is this kid anticipating but the players around him are as well, he wouldn't be what he is without the support system. Unselfish play results in this type of play. An outside back that can push the ball and attack from the rear can be very deadly if the teams is players on the team are on board. Adversely if an outside back understands thos things and the mids do not it can expose the outside back in coverage.

4-3-3 wrote:
1more_dd_dad wrote:I think there are some very skilled outside backs that are very comfortable with the ball and attacking from the back in NXT that haven't been placed as forwards...

Yes there are. One plays on my daughter's team.

A great shot and the level of dominant athleticism vs peers this kid appears to have? Haven't seen any at outside back. A few attacking mids here and there, but by and large those extraordinarily gifted athletes are up top chasing down long balls winning games with their speed.

I just don't see transcendant athletes challenged and nurtured to become tacticians. It's pretty clear this TFA kid wasn't just labeled "athlete" and then pimped for his speed to win games. Somebody decided to teach this kid how to play.  

1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum