North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Texas Showcase Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Texas Showcase

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Texas Showcase Empty Texas Showcase

Post by DDdad 23/02/14, 08:04 pm

Another Showcase and another strong showing from North Texas and the Texas Conference.

All ten teams in the Texas Conference participated over the weekend in the U15, U16 and U17 age groups.

North Texas went 26-10-9 for a 58% win rate / 78% no lose rate.
Texas Conference went 53-19-18 for a 59% win rate / 79% no lose rate.

It really does not get a whole lot better than that.

I'm sure there are other notable wins but Sting U17 over Michigan Hawks 5-0 stands out. (5-1 2nd game and 8-0 3rd game).

In U15, South Texas (and Tulsa) went undefeated for the weekend. North Texas had 2 losses in 15 games both to a very strong Colorado Rush team. Looks like a very strong age group.
DDdad
DDdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase Empty Re: Texas Showcase

Post by tornado11 23/02/14, 08:22 pm

Pity that the coaches of Solar Chelsea '98 are morons....they sat two starters for having the nerve to play for their school last weekend (Feb 14th/15th) in the SPC Title Game in Houston instead of participating in some meaningless ECNL make up game...thus denying these two of a chance to 'showcase' their talents in front of college coaches....

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DDdad 23/02/14, 08:31 pm

Yes, that is unfortunate. Same thing happens if they skip a high school game to play club. I know a girl who got sat in high school playoffs for playing an ECNL game. I understand that teams need consistency and there are life lessons to be taught about rewarding hard work, supporting teammates and at some point, attempting to herd the cats but it should be about the girls and their opportunities and I would think that reasonable people could come to reasonable solutions so that the girls are the ultimate winners.
DDdad
DDdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 23/02/14, 09:43 pm

'Reasonable' people seem to be in short supply in the situation I mentioned...here are two girls with a chance to win an SPC Championship (something their school had not done it 14 years) and they are 'punished' by their moronic club coach for doing the right thing....representing their school....whose facilities, organization and coaching are far superior to anything Solar Chelsea offers....instead of going to some 'make-up' game the same weekend This situation could have easily been avoided had Solar Chelsea bothered to look at the high school calendar, or told Texans to pick another date for the ECNL 'make-up' game...

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/02/14, 09:50 pm

tornado11 wrote:'Reasonable' people seem to be in short supply in the situation I mentioned...here are two girls with a chance to win an SPC Championship (something their school had not done it 14 years) and they are 'punished' by their moronic club coach for doing the right thing....representing their school....whose facilities, organization and coaching are far superior to anything Solar Chelsea offers....instead of going to some 'make-up' game the same weekend This situation could have easily been avoided had Solar Chelsea bothered to look at the high school calendar, or told Texans to pick another date for the ECNL 'make-up' game...

Ummm... wait a second. Weren't you the person who previously posted the following:

"...personally I think ECNL is not worth the time, expense, travel and all the rest. Better to attend the summer soccer camp(s) of the schools one is interested in."

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 23/02/14, 10:09 pm

Come on BW... when he said that, it was relevant. Now that its not relevant, he has changed his mind. These 2 girls must be the only girls on the Solar 98 ECNL team. To ask another team to move a game to accomodate 2 players... they must be the only 2 on the team .... I havent looked, but I guess they lost since those 2 girls are apparently vital to the success of the team. I am sure the coach will be thrilled about being called a moron too. And, he has a 50/50 shot at guessing which set of parents posted this.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 24/02/14, 08:30 am

I am not the parent of either girl. They do play at the school where one of my friends daughters also plays. They were denied the chance to 'showcase' their talent (both normally start) at the recent ECNL 'Showcase' as they had chosen to play for their school in the SPC Championship game the weekend before (won 5-0) Thus they were 'punished'. Not sure how anyone thinks my two statements regarding my feelings about ECNL are in conflict....I still believe attending the camps of the colleges is a better way than playing ECNL. Recent events and the moronic behavior of their ECNL coach only serve to confirm my opinion.

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/02/14, 08:44 am

My point being that if your stated opinion is that ECNL is a waste of time and money, then there really wasn't any harm done to either of these two girls by them missing out on the showcase. They really just need to go to the summer camp for their school(s) of interest and everything will take care of itself. So why bother to come on here and post about it?

...and for the record, without knowing anything more than what has been stated on here, I think denying these girls the right to play in the showcase for choosing their HS team championship over an ECNL league game, is short-sighted by the club/coach, and not looking out for those girls' best interests.

I just think that given your previous outspoken stance on the limited value of ECNL, it's a bit disingenuous for you to be the one to post about how unfair this was.

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 24/02/14, 09:06 am

If you arent the parent of either, I am not sure it was wise in mentioning these two.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/02/14, 09:29 am

The girls weren't denied anything. You don't have a "right" to anything. It was an important life lesson. Life is about choices and they made theirs. You are not special and the rest of the world does not bend to your time schedule. There was a conflict and they needed to make a choice that came with consequences. If the ECNL event was that important to them then they shouldn't have missed the prior game. If the other event was important to them then they made the right choice. You miss the ECNL event and move on. The clubs don't need to change and the HS doesn't need to change. The parents need to change. While it may be your little princess and super special and she should be able to do whatever and whenever she wants, nobody else cares. She is not special, life has choices so chose carefully. Guess what? There are girls on that ECNL team that were glad to be soaking up the extra minutes in the showcase
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by stingMe 24/02/14, 11:09 am

It takes a lot of courage to get on here anonymously and post those kinds of comments. Too bad you're digging your own grave, everyone on the team knows exactly who you are moron. Wait until all the college coaches that were at that second game see your rants. But oh yea I forgot you can just go to an ID camp and get the scholarship you want. Your kid played every game, every kid sat some and the coaches were more than fair, playing everyone and sitting everyone in each game. So MORON, take your kid and go somewhere else, but as soon as the coaches see your moronic post, you won't have to worry about if your kid plays or not. Our sidelines will be much better off with your entitled, obnoxious, smart comments and trash talking the whole game. So buh bye moron!

stingMe
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 24/02/14, 11:45 am

Imo, it's about the situational details and the team rules. If the 2 girls were sat for the entire showcase for missing one ECNL game-- for a HS championship game no less, that (without any other information) would seem petty and harsh.

I understand players/parents need to prioritize their commitments of ECNL and representing their high-school, but I hope the consequences were well stated and evenly enforced by the team. Rules and contracts, if chosen to be made, should be applicable to coach and players.

If these kids consistently chose their high school over their ECNL commitments and the team consequences for missing matches were well-known throughout the season, the young ladies and their parents should accept the consequences with grace.

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by lawless 24/02/14, 11:57 am

So is Sting me a coaches wife or an irate parent of a bench player? I did however enjoy the irony of the anonymous posting. Wow people sure are touchy on here. Just an outside opinion as I have no horse in this race.

Last edited by lawless on 24/02/14, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

lawless
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LHD 24/02/14, 01:24 pm

go99 wrote:The girls weren't denied anything.  You don't have a "right" to anything.  It was an important life lesson.  Life is about choices and they made theirs.  You are not special and the rest of the world does not bend to your time schedule.  There was a conflict and they needed to make a choice that came with consequences.  If the ECNL event was that important to them then they shouldn't have missed the prior game.  If the other event was important to them then they made the right choice.  You miss the ECNL event and move on.  The clubs don't need to change and the HS doesn't need to change.  The parents need to change.  While it may be your little princess and super special and she should be able to do whatever and whenever she wants, nobody else cares.  She is not special, life has choices so chose carefully.  Guess what?  There are girls on that ECNL team that were glad to be soaking up the extra minutes in the showcase

Excellent perspective.  Well said.

LHD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 24/02/14, 01:33 pm

tornado11 wrote:I am not the parent of either girl. They do play at the school where one of my friends daughters also plays. They were denied the chance to 'showcase' their talent (both normally start) at the recent ECNL 'Showcase' as they had chosen to play for their school in the SPC Championship game the weekend before (won 5-0) Thus they were 'punished'.  Not sure how anyone thinks my two statements regarding my feelings about ECNL are in conflict....I still believe attending the camps of the colleges is a better way than playing ECNL. Recent events and the moronic behavior of their ECNL coach only serve to confirm my opinion.

Tornado11, for someone who is not remotely related to any of the girls in question (as you claim), your statements come out extremely strong, vile, odious and it gives pause to some of us folks here on where exactly do you stand.

My first thought and knowing your standing against ECNL and everything about ECNL (eg, travels, expenses, showcases, etc) I would have expected you to come here and reinforce your point about those ESD girls not 'bothering' to play ECNL and instead wisely chose to play SPC.   After all, ALL they need to do is College Soccer Camps and everything will be set.   And they have a history to go with as there is a fellow ESD girl who is now at UNC on full scholarship without doing any ECNL crap.

Instead, you are coming out as an angry, grumpy old chap.......and all of that because these two girls ".......play at the school where one of my friends daughters also plays".    

As you claim, they are
1. NOT your daughter(s).
2. NOT your daughter's friends.
3. DO NOT even play with your daughter.
4. Are NOT even in the same school or Club as your daughter (because Solar is ECNL Club and you have previously stated that your dd does not play ECNL).

Now, for you to come and rampage their Solar Coaches NS and MT and the whole Solar organization (refer the dig about facilities above), for something which even yourself totally don't believe in or advocate for (Worthless ECNL), does not paint a good picture about you and in a way, your friends and their two dds.

I would shudder to think what if this had happened to your OWN daughter.

And for the record, the Feb 15 game vs Texans has been on schedule since August 2013. The only thing that changed for that game was the venue and time, not the date.  The yet to be re-scheduled game (make-up game as you call it) is the Sept 29 game which was cancelled due to rain.  I bet 'your friends' daughters' forgot to tell you that bit of crucial info.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Offsidepacman 24/02/14, 03:36 pm

“We’re in the middle of high school season,” Sting U17 coach Antonio Pecorari said. “We had a couple of players who decided to play high school this week and let the other part of their family down

Offsidepacman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SteamingBean 24/02/14, 03:38 pm

Not to be boring, but I agree DDdad N Texas teams represented well. I only saw U17 games, but great job to all! (And the only major confrontation I saw was two ladies in the parking lot over a space)
SteamingBean
SteamingBean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Texas Showcase Empty ECNL Texas Day 3 Photos

Post by soccershins 24/02/14, 04:28 pm

ECNL Texas Day 3 Photos

soccershins
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/02/14, 04:33 pm

I started to head out there to watch some games until I noticed most the socal heavyweights didn't attend this showcase. I'd like my dd to get a chance to see the Catarina M. Player from Brazil who plays for surf u15 and made it onto us national team pool after only a short time in u.s.

Interested to hear the assessment from any ECNL parents who've seen her play. I hear (read) she is supposed to be the next big thing in women's soccer.

Back to top Go down

Post by DDdad 24/02/14, 05:34 pm

I have not seen her play in person, but I have heard great things about her. I'm a little surprised by the stats that she is throwing up. Not that stats ever tell the whole story but IMO, they are not "dominating" numbers but very good. Now she could be triple teamed all day and her team is winning but I am a bit surprised. I'm also a little surprised she is not playing up. As has been previously discussed MH from here is playing up and continues to excel and develop with bigger and tougher competition. It seems like at least in NT, many of the truly exceptional difference makers play up. I'm not necessarily an advocate for that but it is the landscape here. There may be a great reason why she does not.
DDdad
DDdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 24/02/14, 09:58 pm

The SPC Championships have been on the calendar since April of last year and are always played the middle of February. Several ECNL players, at Greenhill, Hockaday, and ESD were effected. Solar Chelsea knew this going in, so even though the high school coaches are more than wiling to work with the club coaches prior to early January when their conference games start...the club coaches NEVER consider the HS situation at all. The girls in question missed a re-scheduled, regular season ECNL game....maybe their 'punishment' should have been to sit out the NEXT ECNL regular season game rather than the thing they all play club soccer for in the first place....the 'showcase' events. IMO the club erred big time in the way they handled this situation.

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 24/02/14, 10:30 pm

tornado11 wrote:The SPC Championships have been on the calendar since April of last year and are always played the middle of February. Several ECNL players, at Greenhill, Hockaday, and ESD were effected. Solar Chelsea knew this going in, so even though the high school coaches are more than wiling to work with the club coaches prior to early January when their conference games start...the club coaches NEVER consider the HS situation at all. The girls in question missed a re-scheduled, regular season ECNL game....maybe their 'punishment' should have been to sit out the NEXT ECNL regular season game rather than the thing they all play club soccer for in the first place....the 'showcase' events. IMO the club erred big time in the way they handled this situation.

You are missing the point. The ECNL owes them nothing. The club does not have to work with anything or consider anything in those players schedules. If the showcase event was that important too her she should have considered that when she missed the other games (I like the glory girl I can make the showcase events touch though). So if the club makes exceptions for her event, what about everyone elses event. What about the kid that missed something that was important to them one week. There was a flappy birds championship tournament that weekend and I couldn't make it but it's cool right? The kid made a choice. There were consequences to that choice. Stop crying about it and move one. Next year they can go to another club who I am sure would welcome a player who only plays for the showcase events.

Now they should have told the coach they would be missing and he should have told them what the consequences would be if they did. If they did not tell the coach then the consequences could have been anything from missing the next game to being booted from the team. If they did tell him and he said okay and then punished them now we have something. So did they discuss missing the game before hand with the coach?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 25/02/14, 08:18 am

They did....2 months before the re-scheduled game. In fact they had mentioned that if the game was re-scheduled for Feb 14th/15th they would not be able to make it as they would be in Houston for the SPC Championships with their school.

I know ESD has 6 ECNL players and that ESD accommodate the clubs whenever they can (even to the extent of letting the clubs...Sting among them...use their fields should the club own not be available for any reason)...the fact that the clubs seemingly refuse to work with the schools regarding scheduling is incredibly arrogant...IMO...

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 25/02/14, 08:25 am

well if they told the coach he should have told then what the reprecussions would be at that time. If he said it was okay and then punished them now we have an issue. As far as ECNL working with the ESD not only will it not happen you should take it as a blessing and move on. The boys Academy league the boys are not allowed to play highschool sports at all. Besides if the clubs work with ESD then they have to work with everyone else too. ECNL is a commitment but it is a voluntairy one. So the arrogance is not with the clubs it is with parents for thinking they can have everything they want and everything their way.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 25/02/14, 08:25 am

For someone that is as far removed as you claim, you sure do know every possible detail. Did you hear about from your cousins brothers sisters uncle at 31 Flavors last night?

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next