North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

WANTED...dedicated soccer players Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

WANTED...dedicated soccer players

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WANTED...dedicated soccer players Empty WANTED...dedicated soccer players

Post by sideline fan 16/04/14, 11:36 am

We are looking for a few players to join our team. We are a strong team from a small club. Good news is that we offer conditioning, striking and finishing ( in addition to our practices) and 8 tournaments with our dues. Our coach is terrific.

We have several opportunities to guest play in May and June. Check out our team--we might surprise you  Smile . We practice in Flower Mound/Highland Village and Lewisville.

PM me if you are interested or have questions....

sideline fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

WANTED...dedicated soccer players Empty Re: WANTED...dedicated soccer players

Post by Questionforyou 16/04/14, 12:45 pm

sideline fan wrote:  We are looking for a few players to join our team.   We are a strong team from a small club.   Good news is that we offer conditioning, striking and finishing ( in addition to our practices) and 8 tournaments with our dues.     Our coach is terrific.

We have several opportunities to guest play in  May and June.   Check out our team--we might surprise you  Smile .   We practice in Flower Mound/Highland Village and Lewisville.

PM me if you are interested or have questions....

Why not list specifics - team name, coach, practice time, league, etc?
Questionforyou
Questionforyou
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sideline fan 16/04/14, 01:19 pm

This was meant to be a quick follow up for the posting on teams/players looking blog. Answers to your questions..
Team: Shamrock United
Coach: Mike Webster
Practice; Flower Mound-Tuesday/Thursday and conditioning /skills on Sunday
League: 1st yr of select and CHOSE to not do LH and just went into PPL 3. Once all scores in, we will be third. Started at bottom of rankings and have earned Gold ranking now but plan to Platinum after next tournament.

We have come on strong in the spring and have done well in tournaments.

Looking to make the team stronger by adding a few players. Please PM me if interested or have questions. We will be playing in several tournaments so guest play is a possibility

sideline fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MAB 16/04/14, 07:10 pm

Strong team in PP3?
MAB
MAB
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sideline fan 17/04/14, 08:18 am

Don't let the PPL 3 fool you. As I mentioned, we chose, in our first year of select, to not try LH and just went into PPL 3. In 2014 we have really hit it. A couple of semis in tournaments and 1 loss in spring league when we were down several players.

So, yes, we are a very good team that is getting better.

sideline fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by you've got to be kidding 17/04/14, 02:30 pm

MAB shouldn't laugh at PPL3. My DD played PPL1 last year and her team didn't have n+1 so PPL3 this year. There are several teams from PPL1 last year playing at this level.
Some weak teams but more than half could be up in PPL1 and competitve.

you've got to be kidding
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by happygilmore 20/04/14, 12:09 am

Not to be rude but what experience does your coach have? Typically a google search can give you access to true coaches backgrounds, or what coaching license does he hold??

happygilmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yo#10 20/04/14, 12:17 am

I'd encourage sideline Fan to watch D1 or even top of D2 before saying very strong team. You basically are paying for rec. - run to a club - FCd, Liverpool, texans . Get a decent developmental coach  from the club, maybe your kid will make the high school team.
Try this - mention taking your team to a club to your coach- if he says he doesn't want to go to a club, bc he doesn't want people breathing down his neck or looking over his should- run run run for the hills. He doesn't know what he's doing, and doesn't want a club calling him out.

yo#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 20/04/14, 02:45 am

There's something like 88 competitive 02 teams in this area. Only 30 are in lhgcl.
Yo#10, are you saying those that aren't in lhgcl and with a 'club' are spinning their wheels? Those parents are wasting their money? Anyone outside of lhgcl DII cannot possibly be a 'strong team'???
I'd liked to hear more of this 'big club' theory.

OP indicates that the team has enjoyed significant improvement and assumably that includes his DD. More power to them. I will be rooting for SU to have continued success. However,I would caution OP not to buy into importance of gotsoccer 'gold', platinum, bronze etc....until gotsoccer cleans up their ranking system, those really don't mean s#*+.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sideline fan 20/04/14, 09:42 am

Wow tough crowd. We just completed our first year of select and are adding to our team. The got soccer rankings were used to show our progress and how we have played against more established teams.

Shamrock United is a good small club and getting better. We are looking at LH this year. We have good developmental skills and conditioning coaches that work with our team in addition to the head coach. With this plus 8 tournaments our cost is still about 2/3 of a big club. FYI...we were heavily recruited by 3 big clubs with lots of promises but the PARENTS not the coach chose to stay small club this year.

Tired of bench time.......If your DD loves soccer and is looking to be an important part of a team that is getting better and better please PM me. We have several guest opportunities in May and June. We are FM/Lake Highlands/Lewisville--one of the few.

sideline fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/04/14, 11:31 am

yo#10 wrote:I'd encourage sideline Fan to watch D1 or even top of D2 before saying very strong team. You basically are paying for rec. - run to a club - FCd, Liverpool, texans . Get a decent developmental coach  from the club, maybe your kid will make the high school team.
Try this - mention taking your team to a club to your coach- if he says he doesn't want to go to a club, bc he doesn't want people breathing down his neck or looking over his should- run run run for the hills. He doesn't know what he's doing, and doesn't want a club calling him out.

This is one of the dumbest posts I've seen here in a while. Look around, there are plenty of small clubs and "independents" who offer good coaching and in some cases much better environments for learning the game than the name brand clubs offer. While I agree there IS a good bit of difference between D3 and D1 in the PPL, there is not much of a gap between D1 in Plano and D3 and in some cases D2 in LHGCL. There is such a thing as a team having a bad qualifying tournament and having to wait a year to get their shot again. If you want to see how close some of these teams are, pay attention to the scores once everyone starts playing tournaments the next couple of months.

When you have success as an independent, good luck trying to convince your parents they should switch the team name, buy new uniforms and pay about a grand more per year to join a bigger club. Where is the logic in that? I've seen plenty of good, big-club "developmental" coaches who sit on an ice chest and yell out instructions for an hour and a half.

If he's providing a good environment for his girls and they are moving ahead (which it sounds like they are), why sabotage the thread with your naive commentary? Especially when it sounds like you have no clue about the team, their coach, or their talent level. I am not associated with an independent team, but I know that there are many of them who have provided a niche for kids in the area and stand toe-to-toe each weekend with any club.

Back to top Go down

Post by yo#10 20/04/14, 10:40 pm

I don't know a thing about this team , you are correct. But there is no record on the coach or his experience, what coaching license does he hold? . I have seen way to often some parent decide he can coach - maybe coached rec or middle school or some low level somewhere . Talk a bunch of unassuming parents into going select, the money he may be making is nothing compared to big clubs , but in big clubs they do get a cut. I just think way too many people jump on the select bandwagon. If you pay your coach he should hold a coaching license. Believe it or not even the lowest level coaches with big club have official training and licenses , that develop players. Just because a guys has a pair of soccer shoes and some soccer clothes does not make him a certifiable coach. You can get a coach in rec with no exp. and pay a one time $60 fee.

yo#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird's Eye View 21/04/14, 08:07 am

Does "Sideline Fan" know what license their coach holds? If my daughter played for this team - I would want to know! From what I know about this team and coach, first year out of GLASA - QUALIFIED for PPL III, not a Club but independent team. Same coach that coached them in Rec. I assume he's licensed but first year out of GLASA, maybe not??

Which "Big 3" Clubs are recruiting you Sideline Fan?
Bird's Eye View
Bird's Eye View
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeko2 21/04/14, 08:47 am

Not sure why poor Sideline Fan keeps getting raked over the coals.  I am not familiar with this team but it sounds like they have a good group of girls, who enjoy playing soccer and are improving in their play. There are not many choices in this area.  I think Celtic is the only LH team in the FM, HV, Lewisville area, and not everyone is going to need or want to be on a DI or DII LH team.  So, this is another option and for less money.  If you're interested, contact them or if not, no need to even comment on the thread and trash a team and coach, that has nothing to do with you or your dd.

Zeko2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm 21/04/14, 08:59 am

Zeko2 wrote:Not sure why poor Sideline Fan keeps getting raked over the coals.  I am not familiar with this team but it sounds like they have a good group of girls, who enjoy playing soccer and are improving in their play. There are not many choices in this area.  I think Celtic is the only LH team in the FM, HV, Lewisville area, and not everyone is going to need or want to be on a DI or DII LH team.  So, this is another option and for less money.  If you're interested, contact them or if not, no need to even comment on the thread and trash a team and coach, that has nothing to do with you or your dd.

cheers cheers

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/04/14, 09:42 am

Zeko2 wrote:Not sure why poor Sideline Fan keeps getting raked over the coals.  I am not familiar with this team but it sounds like they have a good group of girls, who enjoy playing soccer and are improving in their play. There are not many choices in this area.  I think Celtic is the only LH team in the FM, HV, Lewisville area, and not everyone is going to need or want to be on a DI or DII LH team.  So, this is another option and for less money.  If you're interested, contact them or if not, no need to even comment on the thread and trash a team and coach, that has nothing to do with you or your dd.

I agree, although you do open up to criticism here with bold claims. That aside...Kudos to any coach who is providing a good experience for their kids whether it's an independent or club team. Don't place such a high value on licensing either. While licensing IS important, it doesn't mean you have coaching figured out. They merely teach coaches how the USSF would like training to be structured at the appropriate age level (i.e. USSF National "E" license is suggested for ages 9-12). As in any other sport, courses alone don't make the coach, hard work does. If your coach is passionate about the game and is committed to making themselves and their players better and can reflect their love for the game to the team, then you likely have a good one.

Back to top Go down

Post by sideline fan 21/04/14, 10:30 am

Not sure why there is bashing going on.   It seems there is an intent to create bad press for our club.   I suggest ignore them and PM me............

I can tell you 2 clubs were both recruiting us.  The parents chose to not go with them and pay the $1000 extra.  Although both great choices and hard decision.    We are a good team and we would give them an option for girls in our area of town to play on a solid team with their clubs.  Our coach is licensed--National E.  Soon D.   We were a new team last July with many new girls.   We chose to not do LH  We did go thru the PPL tournament and did not make PPL 2.  We are a better team now which is why I put in the tournament information to show our improvement.

If you are interested in  finding out more please PM me.   We have several tournaments coming up and open for guest players.

Last edited by sideline fan on 23/04/14, 08:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : taking out names of clubs)

sideline fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yo#10 21/04/14, 10:22 pm

Your coach is not licensed - sorry if he's telling you otherwise, unless he was registered under a diff name. And your coach would not want to go to a club bc the gig would be over , they'd kick him to curb. Is a Plano team worth this thread., let's move on.

yo#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 21/04/14, 10:46 pm

yo#10 wrote:Your coach is not licensed - sorry if he's telling you otherwise, unless he was registered under a diff name. And your  coach would not want to go to a club bc the gig would be over , they'd kick him to curb. Is a Plano team worth this thread., let's move on.

That last sentence... Holier than thou much?

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/04/14, 11:14 pm

jsullivan81 wrote:
yo#10 wrote:Your coach is not licensed - sorry if he's telling you otherwise, unless he was registered under a diff name. And your  coach would not want to go to a club bc the gig would be over , they'd kick him to curb. Is a Plano team worth this thread., let's move on.

That last sentence... Holier than thou much?

Yet another dumb comment by yo#10.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird's Eye View 22/04/14, 09:20 am

Maybe some of us critics got jilted from the Easter Bunny last weekend but I think this an excellent example of what not to do on the Forum. If you want to post that you need more players, just post that you need more players by stating the facts.  If Sideline Fan just posted the specifics about their team and didn't hype it up so much, maybe he wouldn't be subjected to so much criticism.  All soccer players need a place to play despite their level of play or how serious they are about the sport.  If you're PPL III and an independent team, say it and don't hide behind a bunch of adjectives.

If Sideline Fan was a parent on my team (or maybe he is the coach based on previous posts), by now I would just walk away - especially this time of year.  Licenses are easy to track down in our next of the woods and misleading parents will only hurt you if you want to grow Shamrock United.

P.S. Shouldn't have Sideline Fan posted this under "Tryouts." Maybe that's part of the problem....
Bird's Eye View
Bird's Eye View
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by you've got to be kidding 22/04/14, 10:34 am

Pompous! I am not involved with this team but it's been a very long time since I have seen such obnoxious posts. Did you not see the initial post that SF said that it was posted under tryouts. Actually he does have a license. Why would they kick him to the curb even if he did not have a license (which he does), there are coaches at the clubs who have beent here for years who just now got their license. SF stated the facts, never hid they were in PPL 3 and then posted tournament information.

Why are you guys so obsessed with a team looking for players. Sounds like sour grapes and perhaps your DD didn't make their team.

You mentioned walking away...why don't you??

you've got to be kidding
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mwebster13 22/04/14, 10:54 am

My name is Mike Webster, and I am the head coach of Shamrock United.  I am not "SidelineFan" - but she is a wonderful, caring person who is a loyal family on my team - looking out for the best interest of the team.  My license is on out website, bottom right hand corner - look for my name.  I wonder, did you ever try going there before you flung accusations on a board?  Silly question - of course not..
http://www.shamrockunited.com/about-us.html

I will be happy to speak to anyone if they would like to contact me directly, outside their board masks - and talk soccer, my team - whatever.  mike@shamrockunited.com or 469-766-7069.  Yes I played soccer, yes I was quite good BUT I am 40 years old and don't feel the need to adult brag on a board.  Call me - happy to tell you all about myself (awkward).  Yo#10 - I know my manager REALLY wants to talk with you..  haha

REC Team?  No..  
There were 2 players from my former REC team (which is still playing REC under that name) that I took select in 2013, my kid and the managers kid, along with some other REC players from GLASA teams which the majority were in Academy programs, BUT ALSO several Select players from Big 5 to form this team last July.  While I am proud of the fact that we are a former REC team - this is not simply a REC team going select.  Even if they were - who cares?  Are REC players not allowed?

Big Club move
I have been in talks with several teams to move my team to larger clubs since the TX Winter Classic in January.  After gathering all the information (cost, location, inclusions, exclusions etc.), I had a parent meeting to discuss in March.  After a couple team meetings and one on ones with each family - we decided to stay put another season.  At the end of the day, I wanted the families to make that decision - not just me.  They made their decision to stay and I support that.  There will always be opportunities to move to bigger clubs.

I hope this ridiculously long response can end this thread.  We are looking for a couple girls for next season - absolutely.  I want girls who want to lead, maybe a kid who is a sub on a LH team but wants more - or as a parent, you want your child to get more out of their select experience.  Let's face it - at the end of the day - PLAY.  PLAY, PLAY, PLAY..  That's how you get better.  Not by the label on your uniform, but your training is only part of the equation.  They have to play in games.  Make mistakes, fail, get up, learn from them and move forward.  This game is not life, but it gets them prepared for life lessons they will face in time.  We will end up playing about 50+ games this season.  I've got girls who have taken HUGE strides because they get TIME on the pitch.  My central MF went from LH1 splitting time, to playing full games and a leader in training and games.  She will not just be on a team - she'll be the captain of a team.  Impactful players wanted Smile

Are independents for everyone, no - quite obvious by some of the comments on this thread.  But you have to wonder, is it the parents or kids?  I would be willing to bet if you polled these girls and asked what would they prefer - competing with good friends or just winning - you would be surprised what THEY would want.  They are 12 years old - and frankly none of them are going on loan this summer.  In the end, will they remember the trophy they won in a league, or the bonds and friendships that last a lifetime?  It's a game, when it becomes a business (and it will as they get older, as it did for me eventually) - they drop or move on to others things.  Our job as parents and coaches is to continue to facilitate growth and development and just keep them playing and having fun.  The rest will sort itself out in the end.

mike@shamrockunited.com or 469-766-7069

Last edited by Shamrock_United on 22/04/14, 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

mwebster13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by myddplays 22/04/14, 12:23 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

myddplays
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 22/04/14, 12:43 pm

Excellent response. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next