North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ODP Camp Invitations Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

ODP Camp Invitations

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ODP Camp Invitations Empty ODP Camp Invitations

Post by imasoccerfreak 04/05/14, 03:09 pm

Does any one else think sending SIX teams from 02/03 to camp is a little excessive? Are there 16-18 on each team? I know a lot of people think ODP is not that great anymore and all, but my DD loves it, and I'm all for keeping soccer fun for her. However, with 6 teams going, I can't imagine the player to coach ratio will allow for too much feedback. I'm not asking what everyone thinks of ODP (we all all well aware of how many of you feel on that subject)...I'm asking about past players CAMP experience. Worth it?

imasoccerfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

ODP Camp Invitations Empty Re: ODP Camp Invitations

Post by 02Dad 04/05/14, 05:08 pm

imasoccerfreak wrote:Does any one else think sending SIX teams from 02/03 to camp is a little excessive? Are there 16-18 on each team? I know a lot of people think ODP is not that great anymore and all, but my DD loves it, and I'm all for keeping soccer fun for her. However, with 6 teams going, I can't imagine the player to coach ratio will allow for too much feedback. I'm not asking what everyone thinks of ODP (we all all well aware of how many of you feel on that subject)...I'm asking about past players CAMP experience. Worth it?

It's their first year.

Everyone is invited to the camp the first year.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 04/05/14, 05:14 pm

Does everyone's DD that is considering going to camp know someone or multiple someone's in ODP? I'd like my DD to go but she is reluctant because she doesn't know anyone since she doesn't play with the U11 or U12's.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 04/05/14, 05:17 pm

imasoccerfreak wrote:Does any one else think sending SIX teams from 02/03 to camp is a little excessive? Are there 16-18 on each team? I know a lot of people think ODP is not that great anymore and all, but my DD loves it, and I'm all for keeping soccer fun for her. However, with 6 teams going, I can't imagine the player to coach ratio will allow for too much feedback. I'm not asking what everyone thinks of ODP (we all all well aware of how many of you feel on that subject)...I'm asking about past players CAMP experience. Worth it?

I have the same questions and concerns.

Also, is there any precedence for this?

Has NTX does this in the past (6 teams)?

How is the quality of the camp?

Do they have a different coach for each team (1st team, 2nd team) or are they just pooling the girls? If so, that would be horrible, since there is a HUGE gap in the quality of the ODP pool at the moment.

I've said this before, without getting into the details, but I'm really not sure about the ODP quality for this age group at the moment. My daughter loved it at first, but now doesn't want to go because it seems that a good number of top players have quit.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by imasoccerfreak 04/05/14, 07:50 pm

02Dad wrote:

It's their first year.

Well, if that's true, then why does the email talk about needing to commit to going by a deadline so that alternates can go as people decline?

imasoccerfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Dad 04/05/14, 07:58 pm

imasoccerfreak wrote:
02Dad wrote:

It's their first year.

Well, if that's true, then why does the email talk about needing to commit to going by a deadline so that alternates can go as people decline?

That's a good question.

Marketing hype maybe?

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerman75 04/05/14, 09:50 pm

Every team has their own coach, not every player gets invited (do the math given the total pool versus number of players on 6 teams), camp is well run and good for the players. Now that being said, it's ODP, take it for what it is and let your DD have some fun, get some touches, and make new friends on other teams. Just my two cents from someone with two players.

soccerman75
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Mom 05/05/14, 01:53 am

According to the admin for 02/03 everyone in good standing gets invited the first year of ODP. I do not know why the letters were sent out the way they were except for the fact that the second plus years get invited as the letter states. Perhaps the wrong form letter was used. Just a guess. But I have asked several times (diff people) and always same answer, everyone the first year gets invited. Obviously with the late notice (8 days) not everyone will be able to. $650 by May 11 or two pay of $325. For some that is not an easy task. With that said I do think it will be lots of fun and hopefully very a constructive event for the girls to be part of.
02Mom
02Mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tex_gator 05/05/14, 12:53 pm

$650 is better than $950 for my '00 to go to Alabama. Go this year while its some what affordable. I understand they alternate between AL and OK.

From my understanding its a week long evaluation (that includes coaching and scrimmaging) to determine who moves on to the national level ODP camp.

tex_gator
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 05/05/14, 01:17 pm

I think it's first year only (U12 or under) at the sub-regional camp in OK. U13 and above, the regional camp is in Alabama only.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/05/14, 01:28 pm

tex_gator wrote:$650 is better than $950 for my '00 to go to Alabama.  Go this year while its some what affordable.  I understand they alternate between AL and OK.

From my understanding its a week long evaluation (that includes coaching and scrimmaging) to determine who moves on to the national level ODP camp.

gullible parents... Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 05/05/14, 01:29 pm

tex_gator wrote:$650 is better than $950 for my '00 to go to Alabama.  Go this year while its some what affordable.  I understand they alternate between AL and OK.

That would be great, especially for the scrimmaging portion, but I am still very wary of the disparity in the quality that is out there and if, through all the training they have had so far, they will separate the girls by what they already should alredy have seen are first and second team players.

This is huge factor in why my daughter is not liking ODP anymore. When the scrimmages are held at the end of training, she feels that the quality of the players that started at ODP are gone, leaving her to have no fun.

I'd like to know if they are going to train the first and second teams separately from the others.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/05/14, 01:30 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:

That would be great, especially for the scrimmaging portion, but I am still very wary of the disparity in the quality that is out there and if, through all the training they have had so far, they will separate the girls by what they already should alredy have seen are first and second team players.

This is huge factor in why my daughter is not liking ODP anymore. When the scrimmages are held at the end of training, she feels that the quality of the players that started at ODP are gone, leaving her to have no fun.

I'd like to know if they are going to train the first and second teams separately from the others.

she is right, thats why odp has 6 teams, to keep the money rolling in...

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 05/05/14, 03:03 pm

I have a problem seeing how ODP is raking in tons of money on the players? $300 for a year that includes 2 uniforms (4 for keepers) backpacks, fields 10 times a year and several coaches for each age group each practice. Wow, huge rip off, Wish the clubs would rip us off like that! Then the camp, several camps in the area charge almost as much to go to them and they are local or if not you get yourself there. Odp not only covers everything a regular residency camp does it also covers the transportation, tshirts, as well as parent chaperones. (that are all volunteers) Even if they went there to go and practice with each one of your coaches but get the experience of playing for different coaches, that would be worth it to me. Where do you get a better deal?
justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/05/14, 03:22 pm

justsayin02 wrote:I have a problem seeing how ODP is raking in tons of money on the players? $300 for a year that includes 2 uniforms (4 for keepers) backpacks, fields 10 times a year and several coaches for each age group each practice. Wow, huge rip off, Wish the clubs would rip us off like that! Then the camp, several camps in the area charge almost as much to go to them and they are local or if not you get yourself there. Odp not only covers everything a regular residency camp does it also covers the transportation, tshirts, as well as parent chaperones. (that are all volunteers) Even if they went there to go and practice with each one of your coaches but get the experience of playing for different coaches, that would be worth it to me. Where do you get a better deal?

why are there 6 teams? hmm?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 05/05/14, 03:43 pm

silentparent wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:I have a problem seeing how ODP is raking in tons of money on the players? $300 for a year that includes 2 uniforms (4 for keepers) backpacks, fields 10 times a year and several coaches for each age group each practice. Wow, huge rip off, Wish the clubs would rip us off like that! Then the camp, several camps in the area charge almost as much to go to them and they are local or if not you get yourself there. Odp not only covers everything a regular residency camp does it also covers the transportation, tshirts, as well as parent chaperones. (that are all volunteers) Even if they went there to go and practice with each one of your coaches but get the experience of playing for different coaches, that would be worth it to me. Where do you get a better deal?

why are there 6 teams? hmm?

I had the same question. So I started doing some research, for the 02/03's they are sending 3 teams on the boys side from going to some of the sessions there were numbers for 6 teams so looks like half are going on the boys side. For the 00 G (950 gulp) they are sending 2 teams the pool has room for 5-6 teams so it looks to be a little more restrictive. Class room setting and a chance to make the regional pool.

Overall I think you get out of it what you choose to get out of it. The $650 for Arkansas includes bus trip. (Having tried to charter a bus for our team to go to Oklahoma call it a pro rata ($100/ kid give or take) 4 meals a day. (40X4 days so lets say 160). Dorm costs ( lets say 50Xday 4 days 200) camp costs (for coaches and the like takes up the rest ( lets say 190/4 $50).

With more teams it gives the possibility to reduce the costs on the chartered buses but I think the other amounts are pretty set or good estimates. So I don't see a large economic benefit for the North Texas Soccer. Consider it an experience for the girls going out of state, hearing a different voice and hopefully getting their game a little better. Pricey yes, excessive you can be the judge but I don't really think it is. Again I think the ODP program isn't for everyone I have my own reservations about the program, however, I think your kid can get what they want out of it depending on what they put into it. ( like a lot of things in life) So in conclusion I am getting ready to drop two cheques one for the boy and one for the girl. And people wonder why I stopped at two kids....
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Curious 05/05/14, 03:55 pm

So transportation is include in the Six Fifty?

Just Curious
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dewyoxburger 05/05/14, 04:45 pm

when looking at all the numbers, it does seem pretty fair.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by imasoccerfreak 05/05/14, 06:48 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:

Do you hear yourself? Do you realize how offensive that is? I'm SO sorry that your little goddess of soccer is not being challenged by the rest of the mere mortals left at ODP, since all the good kids have quit. It's bad enough that your ego over your kid is through the roof, but try to be a little less offensive.

imasoccerfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieMaggie 05/05/14, 06:59 pm

If you can, load up on NTx tee shirts. My dd loved the tee shirt trading part. Very unofficial but "high stakes" Smile One girl didn't know to do this and was trying to buy shirt from other girls. I don't know if they do it now but went to some tournament at Russel Creek and the local ODP folks set up a table selling old shirts to trade for $5.
MaggieMaggie
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieMaggie 05/05/14, 07:03 pm

ODP may be a little watered down here but not in some areas. When my dd visited colleges, she was able to meet up with ODP girls she knew from camp. Good way to make soccer friends from outside our area.
MaggieMaggie
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/05/14, 07:06 pm

imasoccerfreak wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:

Do you hear yourself? Do you realize how offensive that is? I'm SO sorry that your little goddess of soccer is not being challenged by the rest of the mere mortals left at ODP, since all the good kids have quit. It's bad enough that your ego over your kid is through the roof, but try to be a little less offensive.

Truth hurts don't blame him,  having six teams means a lot of less than elite players.. 

Back to top Go down

Post by sccrprntsrcrazy 05/05/14, 08:06 pm

Who said anything about all the good player's quitting? I know of hand full that just haven't been going do to other things.

sccrprntsrcrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 05/05/14, 09:51 pm

sccrprntsrcrazy wrote:Who said anything about all the good player's quitting? I know of hand full that just haven't been going do to other things.

Not ALL of the good players have been quitting, but I know of a few very talented ones that have. Others have been doing other things like you say; things other than coming to the ODP practices. I obviously don't know for sure, but I'm betting that these high quality players won't even be required to come to the practices in order to be invited to events. If anyone had been going to ALL of the ODP practices, they would definitely have noticed more than a handful of top, easily identifiable players, not coming to practices after the first few. I'm not talking about missing one or two practices here and there, but NONE at all. Some have said it was boring and a waste of time; others, that they would rather do some other activity on Sunday, including just taking the whole day off.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 05/05/14, 10:06 pm

imasoccerfreak wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:

Well, I'm sorry you think that. I was simply trying to gauge how the camp was conducted and organized, because I ABSOLUTELY believe there is a HUGE disparity in the quality of players.

If only 1-2 teams were invited, then one could assume that, out of the large pool, the top players were the ones that were going. If this was the case, then one would assume that their skills would be pretty similar.

If you want to think it's about ego over my daughter, then that's fine. You can think whatever you want, but if me, or anyone else for that matter, has the same concerns, I hope they can get their questions answered. I know where she currently sits in the roster of the ODP pool and don't care to have her out there if she isn't training with people her own level. Plus, she doesn't want to go without having those same questions answered.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum