North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Will Sting fire JD? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Will Sting fire JD?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Will Sting fire JD? Empty Will Sting fire JD?

Post by BrianWilliams 08/06/14, 07:38 am

Two year NTSSA suspension for recruiting violations. Other charges still pending include financial irregularities over money missing from FCD and fraud during the hearing. How do you plan on playing in LHGCL with a suspended coach? Loser - and it sounds like the brain dead at Sting are sticking by him.

They hired him knowing he had alcohol issues and had been fired by FCD (or could have found out asking any number of people) - didn't seem to bother them. Now they got bit, but he appears to still work there.

Just reflects poorly on the club.
BrianWilliams
BrianWilliams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Will Sting fire JD? Empty Re: Will Sting fire JD?

Post by sickofit 08/06/14, 09:26 am

They may, they may not.

The real concern is the people who know the situation and still choose to support this kind of behavior. They put their kids at risk because they believe that somehow supporting and enabling people like this will make their kids a soccer superstar.

If this was happening in a school district, I can guarantee the parents would march into the school boardroom, complain, and demand removal of the individual.

I feel sorry for all the kids caught up in this mess! I hope they all find good places to play the game they love.

sickofit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by fireball 08/06/14, 09:48 am

Do not worry about other kids ! Worry about your own is everyone choice where to be, parents pay and decide for their kids
fireball
fireball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by inthenet 08/06/14, 10:04 am

sickofit wrote:They may, they may not.

The real concern is the people who know the situation and still choose to support this kind of behavior. They put their kids at risk because they believe that somehow supporting and enabling people like this will make their kids a soccer superstar.

If this was happening in a school district, I can guarantee the parents would march into the school boardroom, complain, and demand removal of the individual.

I feel sorry for all the kids caught up in this mess! I hope they all find good places to play the game they love.

From what I understand, many of the parents and the manager were active and complicit in this recruiting scheme, so while it's always unfortunate when the kids get drug into situations like this, the parents likely knew what they were doing was wrong.

inthenet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofit 08/06/14, 10:34 am

Don't get me wrong.  I have zero sympathy for the parents or as I would call them THE ENABLERS and those receiving  special favors for their  complicity!  But I do feel for any child with a parent who acts out for personal gain and not being their childs' champion.

sickofit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Will Sting fire JD? Empty Getoverit

Post by getoverit 08/06/14, 11:07 am

Sympathy for parents? Speaking as a parent that is involved in this matter we are all happy with our move to Sting and we couldn’t be happier having aligned ourselves with AG. So no sympathy needed here! For the record I wonder if their isn’t just a squint of animosity here, if I'm not mistaking there was 7 players who left premier and join sting including the stud forward. Why would Sting fire JD? Would you fire him knowing that you already have his 04's his best 03 players and his 99 are coming after regionals... We could care less who is coaching the team and long as it’s not CR were all good… So relax and breathe easy our DD are good and no one is stressing on this side of the pitch. So please continue to throw salt on the man’s name I hope it makes you feel better. .. By the way if you’re really concerned you should focus on helping FCD restock their talent pool because it’s now bear(get it) thanks to Sting and Solar. Talk to you later…

Last edited by getoverit on 08/06/14, 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

getoverit
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 08/06/14, 11:21 am

first the idea of recruiting violations are completely BS. I don't see the logic in recruiting limitations in a league of amatuer unpaid athletes that is funded by parents. Those restrictions do nothing for the kids and is soley there for the clubs and their ability to pritect their financial interest. Now financial issues is a whole different subject. But those at FCD should watch were they cast stones. The list of shady FCD coaches with a long list of complaints and infractions (reported to the DOC) is long and distinguished
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/06/14, 11:27 am

getoverit wrote:Sympathy for parents? Speaking as a parent that is involved in this matter we are all happy with our move to Sting and we couldn’t be happier having aligned ourselves with AG. So no sympathy needed here! For the record I wonder if their isn’t just a squint of animosity here, if I'm not mistaking there was 7 players who left premier and join sting including the stud forward. Why would Sting fire JD? Would you fire him knowing that you already have his 04's his best 03 players and his 99 are coming after regionals... We could care less who is coaching the team and long as it’s not CR were all good… So relax and breathe easy our DD are good and no one is stressing on this side of the pitch. So please continue to throw salt on the man’s name I hope it makes you feel better. .. By the way if you’re really concerned you should focus on helping FCD restock their talent pool because it’s now bear(get it) thanks to Sting and Solar. Talk to you later…

Classic, as long as he can win despite his transgressions , this type of parent is ok with placing their daughter in this mans care.....bad character can never be isolated, it always finds new ways to express itself, buyer beware..

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 08/06/14, 11:29 am

well If character is a concern then you wouldn't be at FCD
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/06/14, 11:36 am

go99 wrote:well If character is a concern then you wouldn't be at FCD

Too funny thinking any club has a lock on good or bad character....

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 08/06/14, 11:38 am

go99 wrote:first the idea of recruiting violations are completely BS.  I don't see the logic in recruiting limitations in a league of amatuer unpaid athletes that is funded by parents.  Those restrictions do nothing for the kids and is soley there for the clubs and their ability to pritect their financial interest.  Now financial issues is a whole different subject.  But those at FCD should watch were they cast stones.  The list of shady FCD coaches with a long list of complaints and infractions (reported to the DOC) is long and distinguished

So if you don't see the logic in a set of rules, you should simply ignore them?  

Another club offers a free ride to half the players on your dd's team in mid season and they leave.  The remaining players are now unable to play because they don't have an adequate roster.  That's OK?

I'm not saying that's what happened here, but there are reasons for the recruiting rules.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/06/14, 11:41 am

ballhead wrote:
go99 wrote:first the idea of recruiting violations are completely BS.  I don't see the logic in recruiting limitations in a league of amatuer unpaid athletes that is funded by parents.  Those restrictions do nothing for the kids and is soley there for the clubs and their ability to pritect their financial interest.  Now financial issues is a whole different subject.  But those at FCD should watch were they cast stones.  The list of shady FCD coaches with a long list of complaints and infractions (reported to the DOC) is long and distinguished

So if you don't see the logic in a set of rules, you should simply ignore them?  

Another club offers a free ride to half the players on your dd's team in mid season and they leave.  The remaining players are now unable to play because they don't have an adequate roster.  That's OK?

I'm not saying that's what happened here, but there are reasons for the recruiting rules.

Bingo, follow the rules, they aren't that hard unless you are a cheater or an enabling parent for cheaters...

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 08/06/14, 11:49 am

the rules are the rules and I am all for following them but lets not pretend this is in the best interest of the kids. ie kid is not playing or unhappy with the coach and is stuck with the team for the year with the option being rec. And per the example it might be shady for someone to come offer half the team something and they leave but it is way worse for the parents who would be willing to bail on their teammates
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofit 08/06/14, 12:31 pm

Oh was that what happened here??? Don't think so,,,,

sickofit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 08/06/14, 12:34 pm

not saying it was but if I was sting or the parents I would be more concerned about the rumored "substance" issues than a recruiting violation. and if I was from FCD I would be quiet because my closet is bursting at the seems with skeletons.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by skills 08/06/14, 01:23 pm

go99 wrote:not saying it was but if I was sting or the parents I would be more concerned about the rumored "substance" issues than a recruiting violation. and if I was from FCD I would be quiet because my closet is bursting at the seems with skeletons.

Sting has some bones flying out it's closet as well.

skills
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by aTmAg 08/06/14, 03:06 pm

Who is JD and what did he do? For those of us who aren't in on the inside joke.

aTmAg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sparky 08/06/14, 04:42 pm

getoverit wrote:Sympathy for parents? Speaking as a parent that is involved in this matter we are all happy with our move to Sting and we couldn’t be happier having aligned ourselves with AG. So no sympathy needed here! For the record I wonder if their isn’t just a squint of animosity here, if I'm not mistaking there was 7 players who left premier and join sting including the stud forward. Why would Sting fire JD? Would you fire him knowing that you already have his 04's his best 03 players and his 99 are coming after regionals... We could care less who is coaching the team and long as it’s not CR were all good… So relax and breathe easy our DD are good and no one is stressing on this side of the pitch. So please continue to throw salt on the man’s name I hope it makes you feel better. .. By the way if you’re really concerned you should focus on helping FCD restock their talent pool because it’s now bear(get it) thanks to Sting and Solar. Talk to you later…
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but no 04 players moved with JD when he left FCD. One former player may have rejoined him since he joined Sting, but the FCD Premier 04 team is made up of pretty much the same girls that have been playing together for the past year and a half.

sparky
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianWilliams 09/06/14, 09:07 am

sparky wrote:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but no 04 players moved with JD when he left FCD.  One former player may have rejoined him since he joined Sting, but the FCD Premier 04 team is made up of pretty much the same girls that have been playing together for the past year and a half.

Why would Sting fire JD?  Really?  I mean, I guess given your owner's position, the cheating (numerous and substantial recruiting violations garnering a 2 year suspension), lying and deceit (fraud at the hearing still pending), alcohol issues (which led to his removal at FCD) and financial irregularities (also still pending with the NTSSA), would not be an issue.  

The hearing lasted all day and into the early morning - only addressing the first of numerous issues.  But I guess the NTSSA had nothing better to do with their time, and the evidence was so scant as to support an decision almost immediately (how many coaches have you heard of receiving a 2 year suspension??).

"We could care less who is coaching the team" - now THAT explains a lot.

The violations were related to recruiting 03 players.
BrianWilliams
BrianWilliams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 09/06/14, 09:22 am

JD = Jessie Diaz who was the coach of FCD Premier 03 and a handful of other teams as FCD. He was apparently (at least according to posters in this thread and others) let go from FCD over the winter after his second substance (no clue if alcohol or something more serious) abuse issue while on an out of state trip with his teams. When he was let go he pimped himself out to every club promising to bring his teams with him, the only sucker was Sting. However he wasn't able to get everyone on board and no teams left with him. Since that time he's apparently spent his time lying and using whatever other method he can think of to try to recruit his players over to Sting. It sounds like with the help of his former manager for his 03 team they were successful in muddying the waters and got 6 or 7 of his former players to move over to Sting, however in the process he got himself banned from the sidelines for two years and the manger was banned from being a manager for a year (not really sure what type of punishment that actually is, as a former manager myself I would have looked at it as a reward).

It all makes for a great soap opera.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by i'll bite 09/06/14, 09:23 am

aTmAg wrote:Who is JD and what did he do? For those of us who aren't in on the inside joke.

Yes it is a Joke...but no joking here...

i'll bite
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 09/06/14, 09:47 am

GrandTXSoccer wrote:JD = Jessie Diaz who was the coach of FCD Premier 03 and a handful of other teams as FCD. He was apparently (at least according to posters in this thread and others) let go from FCD over the winter after his second substance (no clue if alcohol or something more serious) abuse issue while on an out of state trip with his teams. When he was let go he pimped himself out to every club promising to bring his teams with him, the only sucker was Sting. However he wasn't able to get everyone on board and no teams left with him. Since that time he's apparently spent his time lying and using whatever other method he can think of to try to recruit his players over to Sting. It sounds like with the help of his former manager for his 03 team they were successful in muddying the waters and got 6 or 7 of his former players to move over to Sting, however in the process he got himself banned from the sidelines for two years and the manger was banned from being a manager for a year (not really sure what type of punishment that actually is, as a former manager myself I would have looked at it as a reward).

It all makes for a great soap opera.

Nice post with good info on both the rumors and facts... FCD did decide to really go after JD on this, which is there right, but now they will have to walk a fine line, because some of the "best" recruiters coach over there. And now other clubs may not look the other way.

You did swing and miss with calling Sting "Suckers", because there were 5 Clubs lined up at the time (maybe even yours) trying to get his services...
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 09/06/14, 10:03 am

The FCD stance is interesting as you say. Glass houses....

TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 09/06/14, 10:12 am

From what I could gather it was more than just the recruiting aspect of things they were fired up about, there apparently was some financial stuff and a few personal items that really fired them up. If it were simply an issue of players leaving after the season to follow their former coach I don't think much would have come of it. However when you do some of the stuff he was accused of doing it's hard to let it go. Let's be honest, how many times do you see players following their coach after a season and nothing comes of it? Plenty of times.

Also, it all depends on who you speak with when it comes to clubs lining up to get his services. I spoke with a couple of DOC's and it was definitely him pursuing the clubs and not the other way around. Now based upon the level of delusions of grandeur that he apparently lives under I have no doubt he would be telling folks just what a hot property he was, heck I'm even sure he could "produce" emails from the clubs showing how much he was wanted. From what it sounded like to me, there was one club that either believed his story as to why he was let go or simply didn't care and believed that he could bring over his team$ and took the chance. Bottom line though I'd consider a club that hires a coach that now can't coach from the sidelines for the next two years "suckers." It would be like buying a car and not being able to drive it for two years because it was actually a lemon.

Unlike some in this thread I don't care where he coaches and he's never done anything that even remotely affected me, I simply find it all a good NTX soccer soap opera, "As the Soccer World Turns."

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofit 09/06/14, 10:15 am

I will agree that all the clubs recruit they all live in glass houses.

What I heard was that this was not a coach trying to pick up a kid.

This was mid season and about offering a no dues to either club and free uniforms from Sting, etc. And then continuing to contact coaches at Sting on behalf of the players on the team since they didn't want to go with JD and offering them spots with other teams. When that didn't work they continued trying to bully them to get what they wanted.

Rules, no rules....it's just wrong. Get though the season and then do what you want.

sickofit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next