North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

who is the best ECNL 01 team? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

who is the best ECNL 01 team?

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

who is the best ECNL 01 team? Empty who is the best ECNL 01 team?

Post by Shelby01 31/07/14, 03:51 pm

Let's talk about whom is going to be the best ECNL 01 team and why? With state going the way it did is there a way to tell?

Shelby01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

who is the best ECNL 01 team? Empty Re: who is the best ECNL 01 team?

Post by Guest 31/07/14, 04:14 pm

Ummmmm...  the one your DD plays for...

Why??? Because your DD is awesome...

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerSchmuck 31/07/14, 04:18 pm

Just an outsider looking in but my guess it is either Solar Bates or Sting Flanagan. Big question is there any big addition or subtractions among the teams.
I keep hearing that OFC's top players are moving to play ECNL but nobody up here will confirm that.

SoccerSchmuck
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby01 31/07/14, 05:03 pm

with the coaching power of Solar and the forwards and defenders of sting, I think the matchups will be real interesting but with the coaching of Solar other teams will have a real hard time keeping up. I also heard that Sting does have a good forward from OFC she is real good but don't know if she will put them over the top or not.

Shelby01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/07/14, 05:09 pm

Sting attack should be basically unstoppable...OFC or no OFC. I haven't bought in to crowning sting all the other years folks have crowned them preseason champs...but this year is different. No mucking around splitting minutes and practicing with a LH team means they will likely be very focused. Solar has the system, but I'm thinking Flanagan is the team to beat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/07/14, 06:53 pm

4-3-3 wrote:Sting attack should be basically unstoppable...OFC or no OFC.  I haven't bought in to crowning sting all the other years folks have crowned them preseason champs...but this year is different. No mucking around splitting minutes and practicing with a LH team means they will likely be very focused. Solar has the system, but I'm thinking Flanagan is the team to beat.

Isn't it about time for a formation change... Suspect 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ntxrocks 31/07/14, 08:56 pm

I agree Sting is the team to beat. Just curious how many they picked up for the new team. The battle for 2nd and 3rd will be interesting based on how close some of the pre-ECNL games have been.
Ntxrocks
Ntxrocks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by voiceofreason 31/07/14, 09:11 pm

1. Sting and Solar with Sting edge, Texans and FCD battle for third, D'Feeters long year ahead.

voiceofreason
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by haterinho 31/07/14, 09:43 pm

bwgophers wrote:
4-3-3 wrote:Sting attack should be basically unstoppable...OFC or no OFC.  I haven't bought in to crowning sting all the other years folks have crowned them preseason champs...but this year is different. No mucking around splitting minutes and practicing with a LH team means they will likely be very focused. Solar has the system, but I'm thinking Flanagan is the team to beat.

Isn't it about time for a formation change... Suspect 

Glad you reminded me. No more formations. I'm rolling with this one from here on out.

haterinho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnochio 31/07/14, 10:07 pm

Texans?

I am just glad that the Kicks aren't around any longer to beat all of the Ecnl teams.
Pinnochio
Pinnochio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 01/08/14, 12:24 am

It will be an interesting year. I would think Solar will come out on top but I am really excited about Feet's new additions.
1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby01 01/08/14, 03:26 pm

I was out last night and we were talking soccer and the word is Solar is a joke!! yes Sting has the team to beat with the huge and strong front line. but Flanagan will get scored on because he doesn't know how to get his back line to hold together. is there any truth to that?

Shelby01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Poppy 01/08/14, 03:58 pm

Shelby01 wrote:I was out last night and we were talking soccer and the word is Solar is a joke!! yes Sting has the team to beat with the huge and strong front line. but Flanagan will get scored on because he doesn't know how to get his back line to hold together. is there any truth to that?

Wow....where do I start with this one Shelby01.  

For starters, you just built your profile yesterday and obviously this is your first post under your new/revised user name....or...maybe, just maybe.....you have multiple usernames and this is the newest one to your arsenal.

Secondly, you start the thread with a question:  Whom is going to be the best ECNL 01 team and why? With state going the way it did is there a way to tell?  Always good to start a thread with a question....no doubt...you will get feedback.  My thought is that you wanted feedback from other posters and up till around 3:26 PM...that is exactly what you were getting.

And then.......

Third, you came back to the thread YOU created and commented about a team you obviously don't like.  Why not just start the thread with your most recent statement vs. posting a question....it is much more transparent that way and you get to say what you originally wanted to say much faster.

QQ: Are you saying the "word" Solar is a joke.....or....are you implying something totally different?

You really seem to be all over the place on this thread.

Please indulge me on this one.....

Last edited by Big Poppy on 01/08/14, 04:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ntxrocks 01/08/14, 04:08 pm

Solar is definitely a joke. Look at their history and results. They obviously are no good. Really Shelby?

Solar may not have got who they wanted in the tryout, but obviously you didn't either. Did your DD not get a look at all or was she one of the unlucky few that got cut?

TSC, Lonestar, and FC Dallas are going to be close competition. Just depends on if someone has a great day against Solar or Flanny to see if it will be a fight for 2nd or 3rd. Each team plays twice. Everyone in the top 5 has a chance to finish 2nd. 1st is gonna be tough to take away.
Ntxrocks
Ntxrocks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by haterinho 01/08/14, 08:54 pm

I was 4-3-3 in a former life (i.e. yesterday).

I would put good money shelby01 also has multiple aliases in this thread.

Good discussion though...nicely done.

haterinho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DVS-ONE 02/08/14, 09:14 am

I agree, Solar is a joke. It is a joke they continue to be a top team each year. This 01 team has some of the top players in the state and will continue to be a top team this year.

How can anyone say who is the top team right now when no games have been played?

DVS-ONE
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by haterinho 02/08/14, 10:19 am

DVS-ONE wrote:I agree, Solar is a joke. It is a joke they continue to be a top team each year. This 01 team has some of the top players in the state and will continue to be a tfodderm this year.

How can anyone say who is the top team right now when no games have been played?

We're just having a good time with it. Lots of elephant memories in 01s...at the end of the year these guesses will be fodder for some good natured ribbing. Parents are just giving rank (and meaningless) speculation based on what we think we know about the player movement. We do this every year don't we? All in good fun. Best of luck to all NTX 01s embarking on another year in this journey.

haterinho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/08/14, 11:00 am

haterinho wrote:I was 4-3-3 in a former life (i.e. yesterday).

I'm just psyched that we finally get to go back to calling you "hata" in public again... Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by haterinho 02/08/14, 12:23 pm

bwgophers wrote:
haterinho wrote:I was 4-3-3 in a former life (i.e. yesterday).

I'm just psyched that we finally get to go back to calling you "hata" in public again... Very Happy 

Like Bob says... Who the cap fits... Very Happy

haterinho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby01 03/08/14, 09:18 pm

to answer your question about my question. I am a 3rd parity looking in. every year I bet my boss to a fine diner. This year he kicked me for a 250.00 diner. you are correct he does have a child that plays for solar bates but that was last year. Not sure about this year. that was why we were talking soccer the other night and why people were saying or ribbing they are not the best ... now I have to make my choice who is the best team by monday the 11th also I can change my choice one time Jan 5 2015 but then it's locked in.... I don't have a kid playing but follow close as I am tired of losing this bet. So again the question is who has the best team this year!!!! I thought bates would win because of international cup but again I was wrong! So now I am taking a tad more serious this year..

Shelby01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Poppy 04/08/14, 10:30 am

I will go back to my original statement I made after state cup regarding our local 01 ECNL teams.  I believe every U14 ECNL team will be bigger, faster, stronger and better.  It's not possible for any of these teams to have digressed...IMO.

Sting has added additional talent up top, but their mid-field will be the area to watch in U14 ECNL.  Their top mid-fielder is now with Solar and they relegated a few other starting mids to LH D1.  I am not sure mid-field is an area you want to have to totally rebuild going into an ENCL season.  That being said....they should be really good....they always are!  Also, I would agree that Sting had one of the stronger recruiting sessions.

Texans appear to have picked up a few additions and will continue to be a solid team.  If the Texans picked up a "stud" forward, they could be very dangerous this season.  If not, I would expect to see a lot of ties and/or 1-0 victories.  Their defense is top notch.  

FC Dallas is a very well-rounded team with speed up top, a strong mid-field and a good defense.  If they were able to pick up some size and physicality...they will also be dangerous.  A very good possession style team with a lot of continuity.  This team has not changed much over the years and they are always in the top three....I see no reason why that would change.  Also...very well coached.

D'feeters will be a good team...but not great.  This team has always been scrappy and have the potential for a few major upsets during a season.  All-in-all...this team is well coached, they play good soccer and they have picked up some good players in the off season.  Team was in need of a few starting forwards and/or some offensive power....if they recruited specifically in that area.....they should never be over looked.

Solar will continue with a possession style offense with an even stronger mid-field for ECNL.  Added some more speed up top and a few possession style players who can play on the outside or up top (if needed).  Defense won't change much....no need to (just like the Texans)....did add a few players with size and physicality on defense.

As with all the teams that added new players....continuity will be the thing to watch....not talent.  Let's be honest...all the girls at this level have talent!  It will be the team that develops great chemistry "early" and wins big games in the first half of the season that may end up winning it all.  

Can’t overlook teams out of Austin and Houston as these areas only have a few ECNL teams which gives them the “pick of the litter” when it comes to recruiting.

I believe the team that is winning at the end of October will ultimately win it all….IMO.

Outta here!
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifter 04/08/14, 04:31 pm

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/08/14, 05:17 pm

Big Poppy wrote:Sting has added additional talent up top, but their mid-field will be the area to watch in U14 ECNL.  

IMO, I would agree that the new-look midfield will be the key to just how much success Sting has this year. Flanny added height, size, and speed (or as Hata likes to say "BFA") across the board in the midfield. Not sure, but I think half or more are converted forwards or defenders, so how quickly they pick up the nuances of playing mid, and how quickly/well they can gel will be a big factor in how much success the team has this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 04/08/14, 05:55 pm

bwgophers wrote:
Big Poppy wrote:Sting has added additional talent up top, but their mid-field will be the area to watch in U14 ECNL.  

IMO, I would agree that the new-look midfield will be the key to just how much success Sting has this year.  Flanny added height, size, and speed (or as Hata likes to say "BFA") across the board in the midfield.  Not sure, but I think half or more are converted forwards or defenders, so how quickly they pick up the nuances of playing mid, and how quickly/well they can gel will be a big factor in how much success the team has this year.

It does take time to learn how to boot it forward.
The converted defenders should have no problem transitioning. The converted forwards may have more of a learning curve. Razz Razz 
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Ntxrocks 04/08/14, 09:56 pm

I think it's pretty obvious that the best ECNL team will be the one with the most points at the end if the season.
Ntxrocks
Ntxrocks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next