North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Why is every conversation a fight? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

Why is every conversation a fight?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why is every conversation a fight? Empty Why is every conversation a fight?

Post by BadMoon 26/08/14, 11:29 am

I have been reading through some of the threads here (various age groups) and want to understand why every conversation is a fight. When someone makes a comment of any kind it only takes a few hours and the "dog pile" is on. I'm going to assume (ass-u-me) that its due to the way most of our parents have raised us. You know, I'm always right, my kids the best, I can drive faster than you, I need to get to work sooner than you because I'm more important, You all know the type. Most people who make the original comment are only trying to "vent" about something they experienced at a game or event. The comment may or may not have any merit but it is only a comment and usually being made while in a less than rational emotional state. On the other side I've noticed that a majority of the "dog pilers" are only stirring things up within the post for fun. I will admit, I've been dragged into a few skirmishes on here and had to step back and realize that 1) I should have avoided making the statement in a public forum, and 2) Everyone wants to fight regardless of concern for the actual event. This is just an observation for both the posters and commenters to consider. There ! Now let the battle begin !!!!!!!

BadMoon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Why is every conversation a fight? Empty Re: Why is every conversation a fight?

Post by Guest 26/08/14, 11:36 am

I could answer that question...........but it would start a fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by BadMoon 26/08/14, 11:41 am

Right !?

BadMoon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by socceroverload 26/08/14, 11:43 am

Pale Rider wrote:........but it would start a fight.  

I disagree.

socceroverload
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiki-taka 26/08/14, 01:15 pm

The "perceived" notion of anonymity seems to embolden posters online to be more confrontational.  When most posters post online, they check their rational thought, their common courtesy, and their ability to master the english language at the proverbial online door.   It's a perverse desire to see if they can get a rise out of some other poster with no overt consequences to their own actions.  

Trollers be trollin' and hata's be hatin'.   Entertainment for few, frustration for many.

Case in point: Soccerjack posts: "It sure is fun to screw with people on this board though. "
Tiki-taka
Tiki-taka
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 26/08/14, 03:37 pm

Tiki-taka wrote:The "perceived" notion of anonymity seems to embolden posters online to be more confrontational.  When most posters post online, they check their rational thought, their common courtesy, and their ability to master the english language at the proverbial online door.   It's a perverse desire to see if they can get a rise out of some other poster with no overt consequences to their own actions.  

Trollers be trollin' and hata's be hatin'.   Entertainment for few, frustration for many.

Case in point:  Soccerjack posts:  "It sure is fun to screw with people on this board though. "  

To respond to your point. That was a joke. Yes, I occasionally screw with people...you know who? The ones that come on here and bad mouth another 10 yr old team or 10 yr old. The ones that talk about world domination by a 10 year old team. The ones that talk about another team not playing correct soccer and that's why their team lost to them. This can be a little humorous and fun and SHOULD BE! 10 year old soccer should not be as serious as some make it.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/08/14, 04:10 pm

soccerjack wrote:
Tiki-taka wrote:The "perceived" notion of anonymity seems to embolden posters online to be more confrontational.  When most posters post online, they check their rational thought, their common courtesy, and their ability to master the english language at the proverbial online door.   It's a perverse desire to see if they can get a rise out of some other poster with no overt consequences to their own actions.  

Case in point:  Soccerjack posts:  "It sure is fun to screw with people on this board though. "  

To respond to your point.  That was  a joke.  Yes, I occasionally screw with people...you know who?  The ones that come on here and bad mouth another 10 yr old team or 10 yr old.  The ones that talk about world domination by a 10 year old team.  The ones that talk about another team not playing correct soccer and that's why their team lost to them.  This can be a little humorous and fun and SHOULD BE!  10 year old soccer should not be as serious as some make it.
Occasionally!?!....lol

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 26/08/14, 05:17 pm

[quote="Cleansheets"]
soccerjack wrote:

To respond to your point.  That was  a joke.  Yes, I occasionally screw with people...you know who?  The ones that come on here and bad mouth another 10 yr old team or 10 yr old.  The ones that talk about world domination by a 10 year old team.  The ones that talk about another team not playing correct soccer and that's why their team lost to them.  This can be a little humorous and fun and SHOULD BE!  10 year old soccer should not be as serious as some make it.
Occasionally!?!....lol[/quote

Lol..on more than one occasion. But it's usually good humored and aimed at someone who's tearing another team or person down. Or talking smack. I mean c'mon people we are talking about little girls playing soccer.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 26/08/14, 06:21 pm

I love pilosophical debates! One of the following is from Glaucon found in "The Republic" by Plato:

Glaucon proposes a mind-experiment: the myth of the Magic Ring of Gyges. Note how his account relates to the ad populum fallacy.

If anyone had a ring that would make him invisible, then that person would be a fool not to use it for personal advantage. Whether one were just or unjust, with such a ring, that person could do almost anything he wanted without fear of being caught. Both the unjust and the just person would use its magic powers because one would be a fool not to do what personally pays him much better.

It is important to notice that in this essay from the Republic, Plato is using Glaucon's account as a challenge for Socrates to overcome.

Simply put: EVERYONE is selfishly motivated, no matter what. Very Happy

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/08/14, 06:25 pm

Say, now you know ain't any of these bottom feeders gonna know anything about Glaucon and Plato.

Back to top Go down

Post by SocDad 26/08/14, 06:35 pm

Cleansheets wrote:Say, now you know ain't any of these bottom feeders gonna know anything about Glaucon and Plato.

My Gran-Pappy...had glaucon once...but he went and had that eye sugery dun....he can see al-right now! Smile
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 26/08/14, 06:35 pm

A wise man once told me he assumed everyone operated in enlightened self interest.

A wiser man later told me he operated on the assumption that people operated in what they perceived to be their self interest.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/08/14, 06:54 pm

SocDad wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:Say, now you know ain't any of these bottom feeders gonna know anything about Glaucon and Plato.

My Gran-Pappy...had glaucon once...but he went and had that eye sugery dun....he can see al-right now! Smile
I'm glad to hear that Cletus

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfreaky 26/08/14, 09:59 pm

some are fighting but there's lots of good arguing going on too.

"I'd like to have an argument, please."
soccerfreaky
soccerfreaky
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Kit Wankers Beware 27/08/14, 08:56 am

BadMoon wrote:I have been reading through some of the threads here (various age groups) and want to understand why every conversation is a fight. When someone makes a comment of any kind it only takes a few hours and the "dog pile" is on. I'm going to assume (ass-u-me) that its due to the way most of our parents have raised us. You know, I'm always right, my kids the best, I can drive faster than you, I need to get to work sooner than you because I'm more important, You all know the type. Most people who make the original comment are only trying to "vent" about something they experienced at a game or event. The comment may or may not have any merit but it is only a comment and usually being made while in a less than rational emotional state. On the other side I've noticed that a majority of the "dog pilers" are only stirring things up within the post for fun. I will admit, I've been dragged into a few skirmishes on here and had to step back and realize that 1) I should have avoided making the statement in a public forum, and 2) Everyone wants to fight regardless of concern for the actual event. This is just an observation for both the posters and commenters to consider. There ! Now let the battle begin !!!!!!!

F-You Wanker!!  You have too much time on your hands reading through threads in various age groups.  What kind of car do you drive?  Just curious, what time do you show up for work?  Those folks can vent somewhere else.  No one comes on here just to stir things up.  On here, this is serious stuff. Laughing
Full Kit Wankers Beware
Full Kit Wankers Beware
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ONLYASOCCERDAD 27/08/14, 03:46 pm

SocDad wrote:

my daughter worked on her Glaucon's today and Plato'd. so back at it tomorrow Smile

ONLYASOCCERDAD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 28/08/14, 09:40 am

I had to call three times for the Glaucon to bring me my Plato of lobster!
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/08/14, 09:45 am

I remember when I was kid, after playing with Plato, I accidentally rubbed my eyes before washing my hands and ended up with a nasty case of Glaucon...

Back to top Go down

Post by SocDad 28/08/14, 09:55 am

bwgophers wrote:I remember when I was kid, after playing with Plato, I accidentally rubbed my eyes before washing my hands and ended up with a nasty case of Glaucon...

Well that's what you get looking for cheap lovin in the barrio's of Old Mexico Smile

The old adage is true "...Don't drink the water in Mexico and stay away from an woman named Plato, she'll give you Glaucon"
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 28/08/14, 02:06 pm

bwgophers wrote:I remember when I was kid, after playing with Plato, I accidentally rubbed my eyes before washing my hands and ended up with a nasty case of Glaucon...

Is that when the FBR started?

Is that the cause of all of these fights; the Glaucon everyone has? Very Happy

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GGoat 29/08/14, 11:39 am

I love play doe

GGoat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/08/14, 12:22 pm

define fight? to some people someone not agreeing with everything they say and disagreeing is a shocking attack. their wittle feelings are always getting hurt and why can't people just be nice and do what THEY want?
Others enjoy spirited debate and give and take. Sometimes people do pick fights, so what this is the internet and has no meaning at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by BadMoon 29/08/14, 12:30 pm

Example, "refs don't give a flip" (04 girls). Parent is obviously venting about the lack of good reffing and is attacked about it. Come on folks, I'm pretty sure we can all agree that the reffing can be pretty bad at times. Why would "we" assume that this person doesn't know what good reffing looks like. Now I'm sure the hits will start coming. It's all funny until someone quotes a specific event or conversation, then the attackers come outa the woodwork.

BadMoon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 29/08/14, 01:06 pm

BadMoon wrote:I have been reading through some of the threads here (various age groups) and want to understand why every conversation is a fight. When someone makes a comment of any kind it only takes a few hours and the "dog pile" is on. I'm going to assume (ass-u-me) that its due to the way most of our parents have raised us. You know, I'm always right, my kids the best, I can drive faster than you, I need to get to work sooner than you because I'm more important, You all know the type. Most people who make the original comment are only trying to "vent" about something they experienced at a game or event. The comment may or may not have any merit but it is only a comment and usually being made while in a less than rational emotional state. On the other side I've noticed that a majority of the "dog pilers" are only stirring things up within the post for fun. I will admit, I've been dragged into a few skirmishes on here and had to step back and realize that 1) I should have avoided making the statement in a public forum, and 2) Everyone wants to fight regardless of concern for the actual event. This is just an observation for both the posters and commenters to consider. There ! Now let the battle begin !!!!!!!

After you solve this problem, maybe you can come-up with way to create lasting peace in the Middle East.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/08/14, 03:25 pm

oldboot wrote:

After you solve this problem, maybe you can come-up with way to create lasting peace in the Middle East.

well if you can fix kid's soccer everything's easy after that...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next