North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Plano Labor Day preliminary schedule Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Plano Labor Day preliminary schedule

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Plano Labor Day preliminary schedule Empty Plano Labor Day preliminary schedule

Post by justme76 28/08/15, 08:38 pm

Thoughts??? Everybody where they need to be??

justme76
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day preliminary schedule Empty Re: Plano Labor Day preliminary schedule

Post by HotShot36 28/08/15, 08:59 pm

Looks like a fair split with LH D1 teams plus a couple of out of towners in Gold and LH D2 teams plus a few out of towners in Silver A (Blue). DT Red in Gold ahead of teams like Sparta, Odyssey, and Mustangs is a head scratcher though. scratch
HotShot36
HotShot36
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day preliminary schedule Empty Re: Plano Labor Day preliminary schedule

Post by Adrenalinetx 28/08/15, 09:49 pm

Sparta should be in gold and dtx red in silver a blue group.  Maybe they got confused with srsa red hahahaha

Adrenalinetx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by reccostx 29/08/15, 01:04 am

Ok, I am going to chalk this one up to invincible ignorance. Otherwise, who in their right mind could justify Dallas Texans Red being placed in gold above Sparta, Odyssey or Mustangs. A Plano team taking precedence over any Lake Highlands team, let alone highly ranked D2 teams, is a mockery. Having failed to qualify for LH the last two years in a row, speaks for itself. I mean that is a real gaff.

Its also a stretch that one world, the #1 south Texas team, although that doesn't mean much when north Texas teams, with much higher regional and national ranking, let alone victories over them, are ignored.

reccostx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrenalinetx 29/08/15, 09:26 am

Either way it's the tournament who should fix it.

Adrenalinetx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justme76 31/08/15, 06:45 pm

Sooooo. Is it changing or staying the same??

justme76
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by reccostx 01/09/15, 07:27 am

It stayed the same

Why they put a Plano team, who can’t even beat Sting Larry in 2015 fall-league play, in Gold is beyond me.

Why a Plano team, of such caliber would even want to be in gold is a head scratcher. They wouldn’t have make it out of any of the silver brackets. I wouldn’t want to be walking away from the field each game, having lost 7 or 8 to 0, that is demoralizing.

There was protest lodged. They knew what was up and still didn’t right their wrong. This smacks of big club influence.

reccostx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SOCCERROCKS 01/09/15, 07:35 am

Just a guess but maybe they are using some of the 5 guest players allowed from another sister team that is higher up in the leagues? Otherwise going to be a long weekend for them. Very Happy Very Happy
SOCCERROCKS
SOCCERROCKS
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 01/09/15, 08:15 am

reccostx wrote:It stayed the same

Why they put a Plano team, who can’t even beat Sting Larry in 2015 fall-league play, in Gold is beyond me.

Why a Plano team, of such caliber would even want to be in gold is a head scratcher. They wouldn’t have make it out of any of the silver brackets. I wouldn’t want to be walking away from the field each game, having lost 7 or 8 to 0, that is demoralizing.

There was protest lodged. They knew what was up and still didn’t right their wrong. This smacks of big club influence.

How does this "smack" of big club influence? How would any club pull this off, and better yet, why would any club want this to occur? Who benefits from this?

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ISEEYOU 01/09/15, 09:59 am

The teams that are saying that they belong in place of DT RED will be glad they are not in Gold after the weekend. They will be much more competitive where they are and it makes for a fun Silver bracket. No disrespect, but not sure Sparta, Odyssey, and Mustangs are quite ready for the caliber of teams in Gold quite yet. And if one was moved up the others would complain. If anyone should be complaining it is DT Red. But only time will tell and they probably got the best schedule they could get considering their bracket. Perhaps they were confused with FCD RED LOL.
ISEEYOU
ISEEYOU
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Junkie 01/09/15, 11:43 am

Question: Don't the coaches/managers tell the TD what division they would like to be in?
Soccer Junkie
Soccer Junkie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by justme76 01/09/15, 11:59 am

Soccer Junkie wrote:Question:  Don't the coaches/managers tell the TD what division they would like to be in?

Yes.

justme76
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChuckNorris 01/09/15, 12:27 pm

ICU wrote:The teams that are saying that they belong in place of DT RED will be glad they are not in Gold after the weekend. They will be much more competitive where they are and it makes for a fun Silver bracket. No disrespect, but not sure Sparta, Odyssey, and Mustangs are quite ready for the caliber of teams in Gold quite yet. And if one was moved up the others would complain. If anyone should be complaining it is DT Red. But only time will tell and they probably got the best schedule they could get considering their bracket.  Perhaps they were confused with FCD RED LOL.
I disagree. Your statement seems to imply you know what is best for these teams.  Any team playing competitive select soccer naturally wants to play the best of the best.  Teams in LH Div 2 and 3 rarely get opportunities to play up against some of these "gold caliber " teams.  Playing gold division in a tournament of this size, quality, and magnitude is an honor and privilege that needs to be earned. These opportunities do not happen often. This is simply an injustice to any LH team to be bypassed over for a PPL team who can't get past the qualifying tournament two years in a row.  Sparta, Odyssey, and Mustangs are all strong clubs capable of playing with the majority of these "golden/elite" teams.  Here are a few examples for you to consider... Among these gold division teams, Sparta has tied Andromeda and FWFC black, has beaten Liverpool rush and one world soccer, has beaten D1 Mutiny and have won their last three tournaments. Equally Odyssey and Mustangs are strong dangerous teams as well, and are very capable of beating a large majority of LH D1 teams.  There is really not that much difference between any upper level D2 team and most D1 teams. As to which team would or should get the nod, I would be ok with any of them.   There is no contention being displayed as to which of these teams is more qualified, only as to the blatant unfairness in the Tournament director's decision  of choosing a PPL team over any highly ranked LH teams. All any team wants is a fair shot and opportunity based on merit.

ChuckNorris
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by kadro 01/09/15, 12:53 pm

i remember the exact conversation regarding the above mentioned silver teams(Mustangs, Sparta, Odyssey). CVFC, D'feeters USA(Plano team) and Skaife got the go ahead for gold.
Same story, different year.....

Other question: yes, managers are asked and I'm sure all said Gold. Doesn't mean it's always granted.

Last edited by kadro on 01/09/15, 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Answer last question)

kadro
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrenalinetx 01/09/15, 01:02 pm

Well put

Adrenalinetx
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 01/09/15, 01:38 pm

SOCCERROCKS wrote:Just a guess but maybe they are using some of the 5 guest players allowed from another sister team that is higher up in the leagues?

Well, DT Scott is in the same tournament, so those players cannot be shared...I don't think anyway.

DTS is headed to Austin's Labor Day tournament (looks like more Got Soccer points for GA's team) and the DT Mid Cities is also in the same tournament....so....not really sure who they could borrow from.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by justme76 01/09/15, 02:14 pm

Other question: yes, managers are asked and I'm sure all said Gold. Doesn't mean it's always granted. [/quote]

How are these wishes granted? North Texas LH teams requesting gold but the nod is given to others??

It is what it is at this point-- no changing it now. Good luck to all.

justme76
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ISEEYOU 02/09/15, 12:17 pm

ChuckNorris wrote:
ICU wrote:The teams that are saying that they belong in place of DT RED will be glad they are not in Gold after the weekend. They will be much more competitive where they are and it makes for a fun Silver bracket. No disrespect, but not sure Sparta, Odyssey, and Mustangs are quite ready for the caliber of teams in Gold quite yet. And if one was moved up the others would complain. If anyone should be complaining it is DT Red. But only time will tell and they probably got the best schedule they could get considering their bracket.  Perhaps they were confused with FCD RED LOL.
I disagree. Your statement seems to imply you know what is best for these teams.  Any team playing competitive select soccer naturally wants to play the best of the best.  Teams in LH Div 2 and 3 rarely get opportunities to play up against some of these "gold caliber " teams.  Playing gold division in a tournament of this size, quality, and magnitude is an honor and privilege that needs to be earned. These opportunities do not happen often. This is simply an injustice to any LH team to be bypassed over for a PPL team who can't get past the qualifying tournament two years in a row.  Sparta, Odyssey, and Mustangs are all strong clubs capable of playing with the majority of these "golden/elite" teams.  Here are a few examples for you to consider... Among these gold division teams, Sparta has tied Andromeda and FWFC black, has beaten Liverpool rush and one world soccer, has beaten D1 Mutiny and have won their last three tournaments. Equally Odyssey and Mustangs are strong dangerous teams as well, and are very capable of beating a large majority of LH D1 teams.  There is really not that much difference between any upper level D2 team and most D1 teams. As to which team would or should get the nod, I would be ok with any of them.   There is no contention being displayed as to which of these teams is more qualified, only as to the blatant unfairness in the Tournament director's decision  of choosing a PPL team over any highly ranked LH teams. All any team wants is a fair shot and opportunity based on merit.
Please don't interpret my comment to mean some teams are more deserving than others. It would be great if all teams could get a chance at each other. That is why I am a fan of the the Super Copa Format. Let all the teams pool play their way into their appropriate division. It is all about development at this age. I am sure I would feel slighted as well if my daughter's team was not given the opportunity at big tournaments to play in the highest division.
The unfortunate thing is teams like Mustangs, Sparta, and Odyssey have a whole tier of teams that they need to prove themselves against this year in the expanded D2 and perhaps they will create more opportunities far themselves later with consistent success in D2. Although Odyssey did not succeed against the higher competition in Oklahoma.
Just be sure when the opportunity presents itself the teams take full advantage of it.
ISEEYOU
ISEEYOU
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ISEEYOU 02/09/15, 12:19 pm

Plus remember the scores of Soarta you quoted against DT and Mutiny both teams should have been relegated to D2. FWFC was a D2 team as well.
ISEEYOU
ISEEYOU
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthDallasSoccer 03/09/15, 04:00 pm

Sparta can play. None of my business as to which division they should play in, but they are impressive. Perhaps a little bit one-dimensional but that one dimension is really good. And Mutiny is a much-improved team this year.

NorthDallasSoccer
NorthDallasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justme76 03/09/15, 04:28 pm

Sparta has impressed for sure. They have added more firepower. Would have liked to see them in GOLD, to show off different dimensions. Mutiny continues to improve each year. Good programs.

justme76
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/09/15, 10:08 pm

reccostx wrote:It stayed the same

Looks like the lowly Plano team picked up points and by some miracle managed not to lose or get blown out. DT Red deserves a bit more credit than you indicated. I do think they'd be better-suited in a high silver bracket, but that's my opinion. I'm sure they feel like they're a LH quality team and wanted to face LH competition. Kudos to them for going for it and (so far) holding their own!

Back to top Go down

Post by reccostx 04/09/15, 10:55 pm

81 wrote:
"How does this "smack" of big club influence? How would any club pull this off, and better yet, why would any club want this to occur? Who benefits from this?"

Sometimes seeing the forest for the trees is difficult, I guess?

Big club has their finger prints all over, north texas competitive soccer inequities, favoritism, cpp, byes...and anything else thay can get away with, to give them an unfair advantage. I have never seen an indy team, who was ranked lower, "mistakenly" pushed up into the better bracket. No, it is always a big club team.

ICU wrote:
"No disrespect, but not sure Sparta, Odyssey, and Mustangs are quite ready for the caliber of teams in Gold quite yet. And if one was moved up the others would complain".

No disrespect taken but it is kind of a ridiculous statement. If they would give the indy's a chance, I can assure you, they are ready and much more so then a Plano D1 team. You don't not, bring the higher ranked LH D2 team in, because lower ranked teams would not be happy. It's inmaterial, you must always work off of merit. When the directors don't, they create a synthetic environment that is degrading and regressive.

We must not over look the fact; that the controversial DT Red team that received the favoritism is a Plano Youth Soccer Association D1 team and this is, after all, a Plano Youth Soccer Association tournament. Can we all say Favoritism now!!!

Maybe we should just go back to handing out metals to everyone so all can feel good again.

reccostx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/09/15, 07:00 am

It's common in a tournament of this size for inequalities to exist in the brackets. Most of us commenting here are likely pretty familiar with the age group. TD's are not. Don't underestimate the use of GotSoccer rankings as a primary tool for seeding. There are teams mixed into the top 30 that aren't a part of LH, but aren't ready to compete in the Gold or high Silver brackets. Sure rankings are subjective, but we all look at them and they are without a doubt used by TD's.

I would have liked to have seen Sparta in the Gold bracket. They've been playing some strong soccer this past year. I saw one comment that they are one-dimensional, but I don't see it. They have multiple girls who can score, are strong at the front, through the middle and defensively. I think they'd have a decent showing in D1 as its currently constructed if they were there.

Back to top Go down

Post by ISEEYOU 05/09/15, 06:35 pm

Great point reco. Your right about why DT Red got the nod. It was done hoping Red would do well and it would help the PPL street credit. (For lack of a better phrase.)
I totally feel for Sparta. It has to get old beating up on everyone else and feeling denied moving up the ladder. My gut tells me their time will come soon. It just shows how vital qualifying was the first year and how it affects everyone's path. I remember the shock when Sparta didn't qualify for The Super group or D3. Much respect to Sparta 03 for keeping on the path!
ISEEYOU
ISEEYOU
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next