North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ECNL potentially going away??? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

ECNL potentially going away???

Go down

ECNL potentially going away??? Empty ECNL potentially going away???

Post by jamestren 05/01/16, 01:00 pm

I come to ask my trusted NTX sources what they have heard about USYS making a run at ECNL by proposing (and likely adopting) a national academy league for girls like they already have for boys? I suppose they would go head to head with ECNL to lure teams away, and my guess is academy boys programs will gladly slide over and accept.

Rumors are everywhere from the ECNL would stay in place as is for younger teams that feed the academy at the older ages, to ECNL will just become a second tier program.

I've heard perspectives from coaches at ECNL clubs, and from directors of clubs that are not ECNL (which want this to happen to lure players back to their clubs).

Any word in the wild? I think everyone will know more after the coaches convention in a couple of weeks, but it would be interesting to hear if anyone has additional information. For parents that are on the ECNL train, it will make things interesting, especially because not every ECNL club has an academy program on the boys side today.

Thoughts? Commentary?

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

ECNL potentially going away??? Empty Re: ECNL potentially going away???

Post by ElClassico 05/01/16, 01:40 pm

ECNL's days are numbered.

http://www.starsandstripesfc.com/uswnt-youth/2015/12/30/10690296/us-soccer-girls-development-academy
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 05/01/16, 01:41 pm

One to three local ECNL clubs will get an invite to the girls DA.  They will, in theory, pull the majority of the top talent in the area to those teams.

The assumption is that the current setup (ECNL, LH, etc) will remain fairly similar, just without the 25-75 top kids who've moved to DA.

No ones days are numbered, btw (edit, I guess this isn't true since time waits for no man..but you get my point!).  US Soccer doesn't want to be the ECNL (ie 70+ clubs).  They want the top 10-20 teams playing against each other under USSF guidelines, which, again in theory, should help the US national teams be better equipped at the international level.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 05/01/16, 01:53 pm

Who gets the DA invite in Dallas?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 05/01/16, 01:55 pm

DA would simply carve out the "elite" or very well connected Shocked - like the boys. ECNL will remain in tact and still serve its purpose as the main recruiting ground for college coaches.

herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 05/01/16, 01:56 pm

Zizou wrote:Who gets the DA invite in Dallas?

My bet: FCD, Sting, Texans - all have facilities and numbers.
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 05/01/16, 01:59 pm

One would assume current DA boys clubs (FCD, DT, Solar) with a strong girls side would have a leg up...

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 05/01/16, 01:59 pm

The Sting over Solar would be interesting. Especially since Solar is already on the boys DA side.

Of course, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to have both Solar and Sting since the boys side just recently dropped Andro. Meaning that at one point there were 4 clubs selected.

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 05/01/16, 02:19 pm

Rumor has it Texans would not take the DA on te girls side maintaining their focus on the boys. Has anyone else heard this?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by planogirl 05/01/16, 02:51 pm

Zizou wrote:Rumor has it Texans would not take the DA on te girls side maintaining their focus on the boys. Has anyone else heard this?

On the contrary, our coach is every excited about the girl DA and expecting more girls flood into Texans soon.

planogirl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 05/01/16, 02:59 pm

planogirl wrote:
Zizou wrote:Rumor has it Texans would not take the DA on te girls side maintaining their focus on the boys. Has anyone else heard this?

On the contrary, our coach is every excited about the girl DA and expecting more girls flood into Texans soon.

I realize I misinterpreted "Texans" for "Texas"... Deleting my original comment as it makes little sense Smile

Last edited by jamestren on 05/01/16, 04:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/01/16, 03:26 pm

Gunners wrote:One would assume current DA boys clubs (FCD, DT, Solar) with a strong girls side would have a leg up...

If Texans get it, they should just run the DA program on the south side of the metroplex.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 05/01/16, 09:25 pm

Gunners wrote:One to three local ECNL clubs will get an invite to the girls DA.  They will, in theory, pull the majority of the top talent in the area to those teams.

The assumption is that the current setup (ECNL, LH, etc) will remain fairly similar, just without the 25-75 top kids who've moved to DA.

No ones days are numbered, btw (edit, I guess this isn't true since time waits for no man..but you get my point!).  US Soccer doesn't want to be the ECNL (ie 70+ clubs).  They want the top 10-20 teams playing against each other under USSF guidelines, which, again in theory, should help the US national teams be better equipped at the international level.

Looking at the boys league U15/16 has 70+ teams so I'm not sure your estimate of 10-20 is very accurate.
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 05/01/16, 09:28 pm

So you think there are 70 girls clubs looking to give girls a place to play soccer for free with no chance of making that money back?

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 05/01/16, 09:37 pm

planogirl wrote:

Girls flooding into a club means someone already in the club could be losing their position and playing time. It's a situation for most to be careful what you wish for. Yeah competition is a good thing.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 06/01/16, 07:04 am

Gunners wrote:So you think there are 70 girls clubs looking to give girls a place to play soccer for free with no chance of making that money back?

Probably.

Just considered a cost of sustaining and developing the Brand for the larger clubs who will make their money on the other teams in the club.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 06/01/16, 09:50 am

I will believe it when I see it.

Call me a cynic, but I struggle to believe clubs will buy into a model that will probably take mid six figures out of their pockets every year for "the good of the future of women's soccer".

If there was sustainable pro league(s) like there is for men, then I might buy into it.  Without a way to monetize the product (ie players), then I just don't see the economics of it being in the clubs best interest.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 06/01/16, 11:01 am

Gunners wrote:I will believe it when I see it.

Call me a cynic, but I struggle to believe clubs will buy into a model that will probably take mid six figures out of their pockets every year for "the good of the future of women's soccer".

If there was sustainable pro league(s) like there is for men, then I might buy into it.  Without a way to monetize the product (ie players), then I just don't see the economics of it being in the clubs best interest.

Don't think they will do it for 'the good of the future of women's soccer', think they will do it to continue making money and extending the brand of their club.

Being in DA will create exclusivity for those clubs.  They monetize the investment through kids and parents on the other (non-DA team) teams being able to say they play for the club.  Most of the larger clubs already have substantial 'scholarship' investments in players to help them win and advance the brand today, so it may just be a shifting within the club of where the investments are made.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BurnOnYou 08/01/16, 09:15 am

I don't think that the DA for girls will be free as it is with the boys.
Rather I believe it will be another tier of talent and the parents will continue to pay the clubs for their DD's to be part of it.
I think that ECNL will not go away and there may even be opportunity for more girls, who might have been good enough for ECNL but not good enough to start, to get more opportunity to display their skills to college coaches.
Why wouldn't the teams who do end up going DA also field an ECNL team? Might be some dual rostering, but still creates more slots for girls.
Think the ultimate loser will be LHGCL since girls who might not have had the chance to play at an elite level may now get that shot and thus potentially fewer (how many???) playing in classic league. Plus with 2 tiers of elite play available to the girls, LHGCL falls in perceived status as the girls get older.
Which three teams get selected for DA will be interesting to watch. Sting has a complex but wonder whether they have the same degree of contacts as the other three. As we all know, life often has less to do with what someone sees as fair and more to do with who you know...

BurnOnYou
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 08/01/16, 12:43 pm

BurnOnYou wrote:As we all know, life often has less to do with what someone sees as fair and more to do with who you know...

Or maybe like, "who knows you" and can benefit by you being there.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down