North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ECNL vs Composite? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

ECNL vs Composite?

Go down

ECNL or Composite?

ECNL vs Composite? Vote_lcap35%ECNL vs Composite? Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 7 ]
ECNL vs Composite? Vote_lcap10%ECNL vs Composite? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
ECNL vs Composite? Vote_lcap55%ECNL vs Composite? Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

ECNL vs Composite? Empty ECNL vs Composite?

Post by Barca 17/05/16, 12:49 pm

To composite or not to composite, that is the question?
Solar and Texans have mentioned Composite teams. I could not find anything from the other big three clubs. I saw something about composite teams embedded in another thread but no one has posted anything specific about composite teams.
So here we go... What is a composite team??
What will this do to the pool of players if everyone jumps on board with the composite team? What is the cost vs ECNL?
Barca
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

ECNL vs Composite? Empty Re: ECNL vs Composite?

Post by AtThePitch 17/05/16, 12:52 pm

Ecnl sister team aka B side.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by venuechange 17/05/16, 01:17 pm

I heard that 6 of the 10 clubs in our division ECNL will be participating. yes at FCD. D'feeters-no. Sting I have not heard. I know Oklahoma spoke to their parents about it.

venuechange
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 17/05/16, 01:18 pm

Feet will is what I'm hearing.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthDallasSoccer 17/05/16, 01:34 pm

I would assume that the composite teams are being formed so that these girls can get ready for ECNL once the DA starts. So it seems to be looking good for Texans and Solar in getting DA.

NorthDallasSoccer
NorthDallasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 17/05/16, 01:36 pm

Composite teams are designed to provide additional players exposure. Travel to the same ecnl events but play at other sites. Expands the reach of ecnl,
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 17/05/16, 01:42 pm

I was told composite teams will not travel to ECNL national events.

I believe I was told they would play a regional regular season schedule only (under ECNL flag). Could be foggy here, but that's my recollection of the conversation.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 17/05/16, 01:51 pm

NorthDallasSoccer wrote:I would assume that the composite teams are being formed so that these girls can get ready for ECNL once the DA starts. So it seems to be looking good for Texans and Solar in getting DA.
Aren't the composite teams addressing the expanded player pool at the U18 (other?) level due to the move to Age Pure?

I don't think they are the result of anything but AP issues.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthDallasSoccer 17/05/16, 02:06 pm

You may be right, Gunners. Happy St. Totteringham's Day!

NorthDallasSoccer
NorthDallasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/05/16, 02:14 pm

Gunners wrote:
NorthDallasSoccer wrote:I would assume that the composite teams are being formed so that these girls can get ready for ECNL once the DA starts. So it seems to be looking good for Texans and Solar in getting DA.
Aren't the composite teams addressing the expanded player pool at the U18 (other?) level due to the move to Age Pure?

I don't think they are the result of anything but AP issues.

No. This is an expansion of the player pool in all ECNL age groups. This year, the composite teams will span 2 age groups. There will be U19/U18, U17/U16, and U15/U14 composite teams. Don't know if every Texas Conference ECNL club is planning to have a composite team in every one of those age groups. I've heard 6 out 10 clubs are on board, I've also heard that every club except Tx Rush is on board. Don't know if the discrepancy in numbers is due to different #'s of clubs in different age groups, or just a function of where the various clubs are in the decision process.

From direct sources, or from posts for open practices on the forum, Sting/Texans/Solar/FCD appear to be planning to have composite teams in all 3 age groups. Haven't heard anything about 'Feet or any of the other Texas Conference clubs.

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthDallasSoccer 17/05/16, 02:16 pm

Good stuff, thanks bwophers. I don't read the forums much anymore.

NorthDallasSoccer
NorthDallasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 17/05/16, 02:29 pm

BW, I can only really speak to U19/18.  Composite teams were formed there to specifically address the players (ie revenue) who would be left teamless with the combination of a year and a half of the calendar.

I guess they saw an opportunity to add the composite teams at the younger levels as well.  Doesn't really make sense at the younger levels, though, as they probably were already getting the revenue from LH teams already. *shrug*

Make no mistake, though, this is strictly about the money.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/05/16, 02:54 pm

I'm not an inside source on this by any means, so what I am posting is information I have either gotten directly through club sources, or by talking with sources who I believe are reliable.

I don't know how "interchangeable" the ECNL and composite rosters will be, but it sounds like there will be liberal options to move players back and forth.  I have also not heard a definitive answer on the game day roster rules.  I've heard that players will only be allowed to be on 1 roster on a given game day, I've also heard that players can play in both ECNL and Composite games on the same day (the intention being to give an ECNL player who got minimal playing time in the ECNL game, the chance to get PT in the Composite game).

Also hearing differing approaches to composite roster formation.  Some clubs/teams planning to load up on older players (i.e. '00's vs. '01's on the U17/U16 team), others planning a more balanced approached.

Best I can tell, the "feeder team" or "extended roster" concepts seem to be what this is about.  Last I checked, the average roster size of ECNL teams for the NTX clubs is around 22-24 players, or ~44-48 players across 2 age groups.  Of those 44-48, a max of 36 can play on any given day of league matches.  So, you've got 8-12 girls who are training, traveling, paying, but not playing.  To some degree, you need to have a buffer of players due to injury, and dual-rostering with LHGCL teams presents it own logistic issues.

So my outside-looking-in viewpoint, this looks like the clubs addressing this issue by allowing them to expand their player pool, while guaranteeing playing time of some sort for a larger % of the players who are training/travelling.  By adding in the composite games, you can now play a max of 54 girls between the 2 age groups on any given game day.

It looks to me like the cost to play on a Composite team will/should be somewhere between playing for an LHGCL + PL team and playing for a full ECNL team (depending to what degree the composite teams travel to ECNL national events and/or other showcases outside of league play).  The potential benefit is that the Composite players will be likely to get more exposure to college coaches who are drawn to the ECNL matches, compared to what they would get just playing in LHGCL + non-ECNL showcases.  

If I was a parent considering a composite team, I would want to be getting concrete answers on the total # players the club was going to keep in the combined age group pool, and how the roster rules will work, particularly as it pertains to ECNL players dropping down to play in Composite games.  If the club gave me any indication that they were planning to carry more that 54-58 players total across the 2 ECNL teams + 1 composite team, I'd personally be pretty wary of that situation if my kid was going to be a composite player.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico_Passe 17/05/16, 02:59 pm

I've seen composite events posted in other US regions this past year/season. Wonder what the scout attendance/college exposure comparison is to regular ECNL? And if the composite teams are getting the coaches and scouts to attend, wouldn't it benefit these girls? OR is there a tendency to be a different caliber of recruiting going on there? If no college programs attend the functions, then yes, money grab.
Rico_Passe
Rico_Passe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico_Passe 17/05/16, 03:04 pm

bwgophers wrote:I'm not an inside source on this by any means, so what I am posting is information I have either gotten directly through club sources, or by talking with sources who I believe are reliable.

I don't know how "interchangeable" the ECNL and composite rosters will be, but it sounds like there will be liberal options to move players back and forth.  I have also not heard a definitive answer on the game day roster rules.  I've heard that players will only be allowed to be on 1 roster on a given game day, I've also heard that players can play in both ECNL and Composite games on the same day (the intention being to give an ECNL player who got minimal playing time in the ECNL game, the chance to get PT in the Composite game).

Also hearing differing approaches to composite roster formation.  Some clubs/teams planning to load up on older players (i.e. '00's vs. '01's on the U17/U16 team), others planning a more balanced approached.

Best I can tell, the "feeder team" or "extended roster" concepts seem to be what this is about.  Last I checked, the average roster size of ECNL teams for the NTX clubs is around 22-24 players, or ~44-48 players across 2 age groups.  Of those 44-48, a max of 36 can play on any given day of league matches.  So, you've got 8-12 girls who are training, traveling, paying, but not playing.  To some degree, you need to have a buffer of players due to injury, and dual-rostering with LHGCL teams presents it own logistic issues.

So my outside-looking-in viewpoint, this looks like the clubs addressing this issue by allowing them to expand their player pool, while guaranteeing playing time of some sort for a larger % of the players who are training/travelling.  By adding in the composite games, you can now play a max of 54 girls between the 2 age groups on any given game day.

It looks to me like the cost to play on a Composite team will/should be somewhere between playing for an LHGCL + PL team and playing for a full ECNL team (depending to what degree the composite teams travel to ECNL national events and/or other showcases outside of league play).  The potential benefit is that the Composite players will be likely to get more exposure to college coaches who are drawn to the ECNL matches, compared to what they would get just playing in LHGCL + non-ECNL showcases.  

If I was a parent considering a composite team, I would want to be getting concrete answers on the total # players the club was going to keep in the combined age group pool, and how the roster rules will work, particularly as it pertains to ECNL players dropping down to play in Composite games.  If the club gave me any indication that they were planning to carry more that 54-58 players total across the 2 ECNL teams + 1 composite team, I'd personally be pretty wary of that situation if my kid was going to be a composite player.

b-dub, we must've been typing at the same time, as it seems like you might've answered some of my questions just prior to me finishing my post.  Still wondering if the "commitment" is as intense as the ECNL--and yes, it makes sense that it would give new opportunity to the ECNL bench.  Also maybe a taste of ECNL for the families that haven't been willing to take the plunge--as some families and some girls, no matter talent level, have opted to wait to go the ECNL route.
Rico_Passe
Rico_Passe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kegsmen 17/05/16, 08:30 pm

Dual rostering will be where the B team players will likely see any playing time.
kegsmen
kegsmen
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca 17/05/16, 10:09 pm

kegsmen wrote:Dual rostering will be where the B team players will likely see any playing time.  
So let me see if I understand this... Let's say 18 dd's make the A-team and 18 make the B-team. 11 play full playing time with maybe 2 subbing in so that is 14 dd's seeing game time for the A-team. Then, you have the 2 subs plus the 5 that sat the bench from the A-team play in the B-team game with only 4 from the B-team playing in the B-team game and possibly 2 subs from that team. That leaves 8 to 10 dd's from the B-team who are getting little to no playing time. There only playing time may come from dual rostering in Lake Highlands and that playing time is not guaranteed there either. scratch

ECNL vs Composite? Image10

Some how I feel like this composite thing is going to become the next ODP...
ECNL vs Composite? Unstrategic-racing-issue-15
Barca
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by At the game 17/05/16, 11:05 pm

Depending which club.... I know of one club that will only carry 16 and the girls on the composite will already have teams that they play on weekly. It's a a good thing.

At the game
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/05/16, 08:00 am

They will have no problem finding players and paying parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down