North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Loading your team for tournaments Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Loading your team for tournaments

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Loading your team for tournaments Empty Loading your team for tournaments

Post by Hersoccerdad 11/12/16, 10:33 am

I was going to ask a question. Why do coaches load their team with guest players
during tournaments? But we know why. They want a win on paper so they can attract new, good quality players. I just think it's a cheesy way to play. I witnessed this in a game this weekend with the Liverpool 04 Girls St Johns team coached by Tom Blencoe (and he's not the only one). I understand having guest players, but I wouldn't think a reputable coach would bench players on his own team in favor of guest players. Yes our team has used guest players, but we pull from teams that are comparable to ours and we use the guest players to give our own team players a rest (guest players don't start). That way we see how OUR team performs in a tournament with our players. Our coach cares about how our team performs with OUR players. Winning is secondary. THAT'S integrity. THAT show's you have your own team's best interest above yours.

Hersoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Loading your team for tournaments Empty Re: Loading your team for tournaments

Post by Guest 11/12/16, 11:16 am

I used to get worked up over this kind of stuff until my DD told me "Shut up Dad!  How am I supposed to get better if I don't play against stronger players?"  

I think she was 12 when she told me that...

Back to top Go down

Post by Hersoccerdad 11/12/16, 11:39 am

bwgophers wrote:I used to get worked up over this kind of stuff until my DD told me "Shut up Dad!  How am I supposed to get better if I don't play against stronger players?"  

I think she was 12 when she told me that...

Not really worked up. Just sucks coaches do this to their teams. Second, agree with you, I get that. We actually enjoy playing better teams, hence said we aren't overly concerned with wins. But to play against a team that is loaded and get clobbered isn't the best feeling either. Play with what you've got, not with what you can get. Again, just an integrity thing with me.

Hersoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/12/16, 12:15 pm

Well, please do keep us posted as to whether you coming on here anonymously to call out a team and coach by name accomplishes your intended goal...

Back to top Go down

Post by Hersoccerdad 11/12/16, 12:43 pm

Will do.

Hersoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/12/16, 01:07 pm

Tournaments allow for a certain number of guess players. Either your team need to play in tournaments that allow zero guest players or use the allotted number of guess players to improve the strength of your team. It's hard to come in this board and speak for players and parents on another team.

Last edited by Zizou on 12/12/16, 02:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapbox_mom 11/12/16, 04:53 pm

After a quick but thorough investigation, I will assume you're referring to the lp tournament this weekend and your team is fwfc.

First of all, most people know that lp only has enough kids in each age group to fill about 1 1/2 teams and they like to trophy hunt.

But what's more interesting is your team signed up for an "lp" tournament that had a total of 4 teams in the age group....3 of which were lp teams. jocolor

If you're the team mgr you should be proactive and resign tomorrow.

Soapbox_mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/12/16, 06:01 pm

I dunno SBM, my forensics tell me this is a case of LP-on-LP crime from someone who is serially unhappy that Her hasn't gotten any trophies or medals this fall...

Back to top Go down

Post by Hersoccerdad 11/12/16, 06:43 pm

Soapbox_mom wrote:After a quick but thorough investigation, I will assume you're referring to the lp tournament this weekend and your team is fwfc.

First of all, most people know that lp only has enough kids in each age group to fill about 1 1/2 teams and they like to trophy hunt.

But what's more interesting is your team signed up for an "lp" tournament that had a total of 4 teams in the age group....3 of which were lp teams. jocolor  

If you're the team mgr you should be proactive and resign tomorrow.

I can tell you're an astute "mom". You're very intelligent. I will take your advice. Thank you.

Hersoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hersoccerdad 11/12/16, 06:44 pm

bwgophers wrote:I dunno SBM, my forensics tell me this is a case of LP-on-LP crime from someone who is serially unhappy that Her hasn't gotten any trophies or medals this fall...

We've won our share. But there's more things important.

Hersoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hersoccerdad 11/12/16, 06:46 pm

Over 2,000 post and over 80 post in two months for the other. There is a life outside this forum.

Hersoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapbox_mom 11/12/16, 07:11 pm

Just appreciate and soak in the knowledge young soccer lad. "Think" before you post, or sign up for a tournament and always remember "you never walk alone". And btw Mama loves ya!

Soapbox_mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/12/16, 08:00 pm

Hersoccerdad wrote:Over 2,000 post and over 80 post in two months for the other. There is a life outside this forum.
There is? Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/12/16, 10:28 pm

Cleansheets wrote:
Hersoccerdad wrote:Over 2,000 post and over 80 post in two months for the other. There is a life outside this forum.
There is? Suspect
It is very closed minded to think there is life outside of the forum.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable 11/12/16, 10:55 pm

For the record, I am actually the manager of FWFC and very proud of it. Although if someone would like to step into the role I'd be more than happy to resign tomorrow as it has been suggested by the Box. As far as guest players this weekend, I say good for them. All four were terrific players and it was great to play against them. We had one of our own. If tournament wins and rankings were the stated goal then I might be upset. But if the development of my daughter and our team is the focus then bring them on. It's not my job to concern myself with the development of the other team.

Sable
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapbox_mom 11/12/16, 11:00 pm

So this is an lp on lp crime.....I should have known.

Soapbox_mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad75033 12/12/16, 01:03 pm

Hersoccerdad wrote:I was going to ask a question. Why do coaches load their team with guest players
during tournaments? But we know why. They want a win on paper so they can attract new, good quality players. I just think it's a cheesy way to play. I witnessed this in a game this weekend with the Liverpool 04 Girls St Johns team coached by Tom Blencoe (and he's not the only one). I understand having guest players, but I wouldn't think a reputable coach would bench players on his own team in favor of guest players. Yes our team has used guest players, but we pull from teams that are comparable to ours and we use the guest players to give our own team players a rest (guest players don't start). That way we see how OUR team performs in a tournament with our players. Our coach cares about how our team performs with OUR players. Winning is secondary. THAT'S integrity. THAT show's you have your own team's best interest above yours.

You shouldn't feel special.

They pulled in a ringer for league play.  Her attendance (and style of play) had nothing to do with team development.  Played 100%, took corners and direct kicks.

SoccerDad75033
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 12/12/16, 01:25 pm

Hersoccerdad wrote:I was going to ask a question. Why do coaches load their team with guest players

Never EVER EVER question a coach with an English accent. They are here to show us what true development is. If your coach doesn't have one, you need a release asap. All Brits have integrity, everyone knows that!

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/12/16, 01:41 pm

They charge extra for that accent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 12/12/16, 01:57 pm

Zizou wrote:Tournaments allow for a certain number of guess players. Either your team need to play in tournaments that allow zero guess players or use the allotted number of guess players to improve the strength of your team. It's hard to come in this board and speak for players and parents on another team.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 12/12/16, 02:05 pm

Bodhisattva wrote:
Zizou wrote:Tournaments allow for a certain number of guess players. Either your team need to play in tournaments that allow zero guess players or use the allotted number of guess players to improve the strength of your team. It's hard to come in this board and speak for players and parents on another team.

Thank you,

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/12/16, 02:06 pm

Bodhisattva wrote:

No no, zizou is right. They are "guess" players. Cause you gotta guess what team they're from... silent

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 12/12/16, 02:07 pm

Lol, that is funny!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Treinador3 12/12/16, 02:23 pm

tpitty wrote:

Never EVER EVER question a coach with an English accent. They are here to show us what true development is. If your coach doesn't have one, you need a release asap. All Brits have integrity, everyone knows that!

Yes this is actually a LAW in these parts. A Brit coach, whose team was being soundly trounced this weekend, loudly encouraged one of his kids after a nasty, vicious and cynical tackle from behind. The opposing coach questioned, "Really? Is that what you want to encourage in 10-year olds?". His response was something akin to "you people really don't understand the game at all."

No, I guess we don't. But we do understand numbers. Here's one for you coach: 1966

Treinador3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 12/12/16, 02:52 pm

LP-on-LP crime that's a first.

1.) So called named team was down to 11 players
2.) So called named Coach ask for assistance
3.) So called named players from other team agreed to assist
4.) So called other team parent integrity is not met because assisting players are not comparable to other players playing.... Oh wow! Last I recall, assisting players were dinged age pure.. Great!! Thanks US Soccer for making this happen and taking the integrity out the game.
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next