North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket Empty NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket

Post by ChelseaFan 26/07/10, 06:11 pm

There are twelve new clubs in ECNL. I would assume that until the regional play truly takes shape in 2011-2012...they will just add six to Bracket A & six teams to Bracket B this year. Having done some initial review...my guess (and it is just that) is that the breakout will look like this for 2010-2011 season:
Returning Teams - Challenge A
Sting
Arsenal
CASL
Eclipse Select
Ohio Premier
Mustang
PDA
Colorado Rush
FC Virginia
Challenge
Bethesda
Charlotte SA
Real Colorado
Concorde Fire
Crossfire Premier
Sereno SC
D'Feeters
San Juan (Promoted)
Lonestar (Promoted)
Solar (Promoted)
New Teams - Challenge A
Carmel United ('08 R1` Champ; '09 State Champ)
Michigan Hawks ('08 State Champ; #5 by NSR)
Real SoCal ('10 CA-S State Finalist; #10 by GS)
San Diego Surf (#6 by GS; #17 by NSR)
Scorpions (USYSA Finalist; R1 Champ)
Slammers (#15 by GS)

New Teams - Challenge B
DeAnza Force (#337 by GS)
FC Bucks (#107 by GS)
KCFC (#83 by GS; May supplant Carmel United in A)
Utah Avalanche (#209 by GS)
Vardar (#356 by GS)
Washington Premier (#154 by GS)
Returning Teams - Challenge B
FC Stars of Mass. (Relegated)
Irvine Strikers (Relegated)
S.L.S.G. (Relegated)
SoccerPlus CT
Freestate SA
FC Delco
Albertson Fury
Atlanta Fire
BUSA
CESA Premier
Connecticutt FC
SC Del Sol
West Coast FC
FC Milwaukee
Minnesota Thunder
FC Dallas
Virginia Rush
Pleasanton Rage
Ohio Elite SA
Neusport FC
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket Empty Re: NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket

Post by brokedawg 26/07/10, 08:13 pm

I think you are spot on ChelseaFan. Man, talk about some quality competition for all of us!!!
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelseaFan 27/07/10, 08:03 am

For those who don't already know...we will also have an expanded ECNL regular season this year, too. There will be 4 regional games added to the three tournament commitment for a total of 9 regular season games. The good news is that we know that Lonestars will play all four NTX based ECNL teams as part of our regular season! The other piece of news is that the ECNL National Championship next year will be determined by a playoff of the top eight teams instead of the top four teams that decided it this year. Exciting changes if you ask me.
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelseaFan 27/07/10, 08:04 am

check that...I meant a total of 13 regular season games...not nine. NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket Icon_redface
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolplayah 27/07/10, 10:22 am

STx teams, Challenge, Lonestar, Albion (?), are going to have to raise their games significantly to clear the NTx gauntlet and have any shot at qualifying, even with an eight team final tournament. Even then, this system is significantly better than the existing USYSA system, where those teams have little or no shot of making the national finals unless they can win the brutal Region III tourney.

futbolplayah
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelseaFan 27/07/10, 03:53 pm

I could not agree with you more that NTX is still ahead of STX overall, especially at the '95 age group. NTX has the National Champions and the National League winners in their court. That said...I do believe the difference in quality of play has diminished a bit but we still have a ways to go. But, that is why they play the games.

See you on the pitch!
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelseaFan 27/07/10, 03:59 pm

BTW...had their been a top eight this year, Challenge was 1 win away from qualifying and Lonestar was a PK away from winning the Challenge B. Maybe not as far away as Futbolplayah wants to believe...but again...we have some work to do.
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 27/07/10, 04:26 pm

Well I know it is off the thread point but didnt Lonestars 91 win Nationals too?? Region 3 is a bear no question but after the ECNL teams drop out it should be a bit easier NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket Icon_question
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolplayah 27/07/10, 04:42 pm

CF, no question in my mind that your LS 95s can already hang with Solar and likely Dfeeters, dependent upon effect of transfers. I'm just saying that having to play two of the best teams in the country as part of your region is not going to help you in the standings. Are you guys bringing in any ringers for next year?

futbolplayah
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by playtheball 28/07/10, 12:08 am

ECNL is getting stronger and stronger! Next year should be even more exciting. It will be interesting to see how much weaker USYS Regionals and Nationals are after next season when ECNL teams don't participate. If you look at the top 8 teams in each region (GS), most are participating in the ECNL. There are very few strong teams from each region not participating in the ECNL (VSA Heat, Beadling, Mt. Laurel, Chantilly from Region 1, JB Marine, Blast FC, Javanon, Chicago Fire from Region 2, Hurricane FC, GSA, Brandon FC, NASA from Region 3, Blues, LV Premier, Sereno, Breakaway from Region 4). Looking forward to next year.

playtheball
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelseaFan 28/07/10, 08:08 am

...and the plans are to expand ECNL again next year...probably to 64 clubs. So...the list of non ECNL top teams will shrink considerably.
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 28/07/10, 12:21 pm

ChelseaFan wrote:...and the plans are to expand ECNL again next year...probably to 64 clubs. So...the list of non ECNL top teams will shrink considerably.
Texans, Blues, VSA, Sereno, etc. will all be in ECNL for the 2011-2012 season.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 28/07/10, 12:24 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:
ChelseaFan wrote:...and the plans are to expand ECNL again next year...probably to 64 clubs. So...the list of non ECNL top teams will shrink considerably.
Huh? You yanky my chain?
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket Empty Sereno SC (AZ)

Post by Whitehart 28/07/10, 12:34 pm

is already part of ECNL

Last edited by Whitehart on 28/07/10, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Whitehart
Whitehart
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 28/07/10, 12:34 pm

socrocks wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:
Huh? You yanky my chain?
Not for the upcoming year. The one after that. It only makes sense.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 28/07/10, 12:39 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:
socrocks wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:
Huh? You yanky my chain?
I agree. Just didn't think I'd hear you say (at least quite so soon). Has it formally been decided by Texans as a club?
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 28/07/10, 12:45 pm

socrocks wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:
socrocks wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:
Huh? You yanky my chain?
I agree. Just didn't think I'd hear you say (at least quite so soon). Has it formally been decided by Texans as a club?
It really depends on if the proposal to not allow ECNL teams to participate in State, Regional or National under the USYS system is ratified. If it is, what is the point in competing in a watered down competition? I reckon that would also prohibit any of the ECNL teams from competing in LHGCL, as well.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 28/07/10, 01:07 pm

Tho I could be wrong, I think it's already decided...no State Cup, Regionals, Nationals or Premier League (after this coming year).

There would still be value in competing in LH (which is supposedly going to be allowed...at least near term) because of the quality of competition without having to travel.

Now, how dilluted will State Cup , Regionals and Premier league be if none of these clubs can compete?

I also heard a rumor that LH...who is married to NTX...who is not at all a fan of ECNL may consider not inviting teams from clubs who don't send their top teams to LH. I was not aware of it until told today that LH is purely invitational. This could get really ugly.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 28/07/10, 01:12 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:
socrocks wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:
socrocks wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:
Huh? You yanky my chain?
It really depends on if the proposal to not allow ECNL teams to participate in State, Regional or National under the USYS system is ratified. If it is, what is the point in competing in a watered down competition? I reckon that would also prohibit any of the ECNL teams from competing in LHGCL, as well.

If they can take out NYSSA, then one would think it's only a matter of time before ODP and local leagues fall as well. Power is a addictive....
Gunners
Gunners
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 28/07/10, 01:14 pm

Bear in mind that many, many clubs are pushing for the acceleration of the ECNL expansion. Largely because they don't have satisfactory local competition and feel their time is wasted in league play. So, that contingency is pushing for a quick expansion and the development of regional league ECNL play. When that takes hold....trying to do LH also...could be a problem.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 28/07/10, 01:15 pm

socrocks wrote:Tho I could be wrong, I think it's already decided...no State Cup, Regionals, Nationals or Premier League (after this coming year).

There would still be value in competing in LH (which is supposedly going to be allowed...at least near term) because of the quality of competition without having to travel.

Now, how dilluted will State Cup , Regionals and Premier league be if none of these clubs can compete?

I also heard a rumor that LH...who is married to NTX...who is not at all a fan of ECNL may consider not inviting teams from clubs who don't send their top teams to LH. I was not aware of it until told today that LH is purely invitational. This could get really ugly.

I think it's premature to assume that ECNL's initial salvo is the deathblow for USYSA that some on this board (and elsewhere) would have you believe. It may very well be ECNL that wins out in the end, but I find it hard to believe they will be able to do so without a significant fight from USYSA.

Btw socrocks, would be nice to see a thread like this for the 96s as well. It will be interesting to see how the the possible NL teams for next year will compare to the ECNL teams.
Gunners
Gunners
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 28/07/10, 01:23 pm

socrocks wrote:Tho I could be wrong, I think it's already decided...no State Cup, Regionals, Nationals or Premier League (after this coming year).

I would think this is a very big bargaining chip for LH. The older teams (U15+) wouldn't be all that affected, but what happens to the numerous younger Sting/FC Dallas/Solar teams if they can't play LH?
Gunners
Gunners
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 28/07/10, 01:38 pm

Gunners wrote:

I would think this is a very big bargaining chip for LH. The older teams (U15+) wouldn't be all that affected, but what happens to the numerous younger Sting/FC Dallas/Solar teams if they can't play LH?
Only the the team that is competing in ECNL would not play LHGCL. The rest will.

They just need to make it an academy league and leave it at that
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 28/07/10, 02:15 pm

Sting Wins ECNL with 25 goals for 3 against in 7 matches
Sting wins USYSA Championship tourney 15 goals for and 0 against in 4 matches
Sting Wins LHGCL 47 goals for 6 against in 14 matches
NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket Affraid LHGCL is the toughest league for Sting in this little comparison, maybe the travel causes goal scoring and defending to be easier?
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 28/07/10, 02:38 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:
Gunners wrote:

Only the the team that is competing in ECNL would not play LHGCL. The rest will.

They just need to make it an academy league and leave it at that
In theory that's fine. But the possible scenario that I heard is that if Texans do not send their top teams to LH, then LH will not invite the rest of the Texans teams to participate in LH....and because they are an 'invitational" league, that is their prerogrative. To me it sounds like suicide for LH. But it was put to me that NTX would conceivably not sanction the formation of or the transition to any other league either.

IMO, should it come to the point that ECNL teams could not manage the LH schedule (or would not be allowed by ECNL) and had to give up LH, LH would be best suited to just let them go. They would only lose 5 teams per age group (which are easily replaceable) and their coffers would remain full. If it turns into a power struggle and all of the ECNL clubs are forbidden from bringing all of their non-ECNL teams to LH....where does that leave LH's cashflow? I'd imagine the "uninvited" teams would just move to Plano and Arlington.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum