North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Soccer Camps Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

Soccer Camps

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Soccer Camps Empty Soccer Camps

Post by samantha 28/01/11, 01:22 pm

Are there any soccer camps in the summer anyone could recommend?

samantha
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Soccer Camps Empty Re: Soccer Camps

Post by TNT 28/01/11, 02:01 pm

There are plenty to pick from, all depends on how much you are wanting to spend..every college has a camp, I heard TCU is pretty good, normally we do Texas A. & M., they have a great camp. Most college camps will run you between 4 & 6 hundred. Most high schools will have a camp ($35 to $75), and the majority of your clubs ($125 average, except FCD=double) will have camps as well. Andromeda usually has a pretty good camp. From what we have found is that most camps are geared towards and attended by the little ones.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by imabee 28/01/11, 05:54 pm

One.

Pricey and hard but well worth it!

imabee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pitchnovice 28/01/11, 06:01 pm

Depends on age of your soccer star. We started with the British challenger camps (Frisco and Plano), they are good basics, lots of Rah-Rah and fun. All instructors are British (thus the name!)

Now, we do Premier One Camps (Full Day) and love them (Heat will always be an issue) the first time we attended, we went half day and left wanting more. The full day camps are worth it, but your soccer star needs to be in shape, to get your money's worth. This camp is Challenging, not puffy.

The other camp we definitely do is with Global Futbal. Jeremie is awesome, and his staff of Andy, RJ, and Robert connect well with the kids. The nice thing about their camps is you can do a six person camp.

The TCU camp mentioned before is getting better, I believe, Premier One has been asked to help run/revamp it. For a couple years, the camp was described as not challenging.

One Camp that has been highly recommended, but we haven't gone to is out of Univ of Dallas, run by no. 1 soccer schools. For us, it's a question of too many camps, not enough time and ($), and not wanting our DD to have a bad case of burn out. For under 10's going into select camps are dicey for scheduling due to Club camps and Qualifying Tourney, and tryouts.

Here's some links:
http://onesoccerschools.com/
http://www.gftskills.com/
https://www.no1soccercamps.com/camp_sites.php?content=irving
http://www.challengersports.com/

Good Luck,
pitchnovice
pitchnovice
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ekkeeper1 28/01/11, 09:40 pm

I hold goalkeeping camps in both June/July wont post specifics until March. Will likely be doing 4-5 weeks of camp opportunities pricing will be $125 for 5 days 3 hours and choice of morning or evening training. Academy gk camps will be $75 and the sessions will be 1 1/2 sessions. Like to keep camps small between 3-6. Will be held in Keller area, but if I get enough interest from outside keller do not mind traveling to dallas, ft worth, or other surrouding areas.

ekkeeper1
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieMaggie 28/01/11, 10:33 pm

Bishop Lynch has very good and well priced camps for younger players.
My dd loves the SMU Camp. The goalie camp is particularly good.
If you have a school you think your dd may want to attend, check their web sites. Duke has a good camp. I see LSU has a camp in July. Does anyone know about the quality of the LSU camp?
MaggieMaggie
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mailman 28/01/11, 10:46 pm

FC Dallas has a great College Prep Camp run by college coaches and is usually the 2nd week-end in June. Coaches really interact well with ALL the girls. After each session there's a Q & A with all coaches and girls and parents are incouraged to ask any and all questions. Very informative!
mailman
mailman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cottagers 29/01/11, 04:53 am

pitchnovice wrote:Depends on age of your soccer star. We started with the British challenger camps (Frisco and Plano), they are good basics, lots of Rah-Rah and fun. All instructors are British (thus the name!)

Now, we do Premier One Camps (Full Day) and love them (Heat will always be an issue) the first time we attended, we went half day and left wanting more. The full day camps are worth it, but your soccer star needs to be in shape, to get your money's worth. This camp is Challenging, not puffy.

The other camp we definitely do is with Global Futbal. Jeremie is awesome, and his staff of Andy, RJ, and Robert connect well with the kids. The nice thing about their camps is you can do a six person camp.

The TCU camp mentioned before is getting better, I believe, Premier One has been asked to help run/revamp it. For a couple years, the camp was described as not challenging.

One Camp that has been highly recommended, but we haven't gone to is out of Univ of Dallas, run by no. 1 soccer schools. For us, it's a question of too many camps, not enough time and ($), and not wanting our DD to have a bad case of burn out. For under 10's going into select camps are dicey for scheduling due to Club camps and Qualifying Tourney, and tryouts.

Here's some links:

Good Luck,

How does Tatu's camp compare to these?
Cottagers
Cottagers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/01/11, 06:47 pm

I would just do skills all month long for that price at GFT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxy3 09/03/11, 12:57 pm

Does anybody have a preference of TCU vs SMU camps?

Galaxy3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/03/11, 01:01 pm

Galaxy3 wrote:Does anybody have a preference of TCU vs SMU camps?

Yes. The one closet to my house. Seriously.

Back to top Go down

Post by KatCon 09/03/11, 01:02 pm

We did the UT and SMU camp last year I wouldn't do SMU camp again.
KatCon
KatCon
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by h_seldon 09/03/11, 01:06 pm

KatCon wrote:

Why is that???
h_seldon
h_seldon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kukeeperdad 09/03/11, 01:50 pm

My DD did the Tatu camp last year: http://www.tatusoccer.com/home.htm

She loved it. It was a great first "stay-away" camp. She's doing it again this year with a bunch of girls from her team. Hit the Dairy Queen on the way out to Longview.

My #1 hint for having a great time at Tatu camp: don't let the girls have a phone. If they don't have a phone, you won't hear about every little gripe due to sleep deprivation and by the time Friday rolls around, the girls will have forgotten all their complaints and only have great things to say.

When my wife picked up DD on Friday last year, our little keeper said she didn't attend one keeper training session, instead she spent all of her time on field skills. We were furious when we first heard, but in retrospect, it was probably the best thing she could have done. This year I'll expect her to attend at least one keeper skills session.

Great camp directors, great facility, good time was had by all.

kukeeperdad
kukeeperdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KatCon 09/03/11, 02:02 pm

h_seldon wrote:
KatCon wrote:

Why is that???

I just didn't think the camp was worth the money to be blunt. It seem to be more intended for the beginner players I thought with little focus on hard work. We were expecting something like Tatu's camp where the girls got some major work everyday and focus on skills. In my opinion it was more like a kiddie camp for kids. I know several others that went and had the same opinion.

**We went to the resident one if that helps

Last edited by KatCon on 09/03/11, 02:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added resident comment)
KatCon
KatCon
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxy3 09/03/11, 02:13 pm

KatCon wrote:
h_seldon wrote:
KatCon wrote:

Why is that???

I just didn't think the camp was worth the money to be blunt. It seem to be more intended for the beginner players I thought with little focus on hard work. We were expecting something like Tatu's camp where the girls got some major work everyday and focus on skills. In my opinion it was more like a kiddie camp for kids. I know several others that went and had the same opinion.

I am looking for a camp that is not for a beginner and focuses on hard work. I want one that focuses on skills training and am willing to pay for the resident camp. My daughter is a 99 and doesn't need a kiddie camp. Thanks for the info...

Galaxy3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Type 1 left-footer 09/03/11, 02:19 pm

FC Dallas added a residental camp for this summer for girls(used to be only boys that had residental).
DD likes the winter day camp and I assume that the curriculum is as intense for summer as for winter.
Type 1 left-footer
Type 1 left-footer
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxy3 09/03/11, 02:44 pm

Thank you for the FC Dallas information. I just checked out their site and I would much rather spend my money there for a professional feel than spend it at a college level camp.

Galaxy3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by h_seldon 09/03/11, 02:52 pm

KatCon wrote:
h_seldon wrote:
KatCon wrote:

Why is that???

Thanks for the update Kat. I was just getting ready to ask that.
h_seldon
h_seldon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KatCon 09/03/11, 03:22 pm

No problem. Don't get me wrong because it was a structured environment but not what we were expecting or looking for.
KatCon
KatCon
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Type 1 left-footer 09/03/11, 04:03 pm

Galaxy3 wrote:Thank you for the FC Dallas information. I just checked out their site and I would much rather spend my money there for a professional feel than spend it at a college level camp.
YW Very Happy
Type 1 left-footer
Type 1 left-footer
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nukem 09/03/11, 04:28 pm

pitchnovice wrote:Depends on age of your soccer star. We started with the British challenger camps (Frisco and Plano), they are good basics, lots of Rah-Rah and fun. All instructors are British (thus the name!)

Here's some links:

Good Luck,

My dd did the No. 1 camp last year, it is 6 days/5 nights. They split the kids up based on age. It was her first time away from home and it was a very intense camp. It is split between keepers (her camp) and strikers. She absolutely loved it and we are already signed up again for this summer. Her skills improved greatly, but most importantly is that she learned how to learn the position (if that makes any sense). They have an extended version of the camp for kids getting ready for college. My dd was the youngest there last year and there were more HS aged kids than there were kids 4-6 grade. I highly recommend it, but it is not cheap.
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 09/03/11, 04:31 pm

KatCon wrote:
h_seldon wrote:
KatCon wrote:

Why is that???

Agreed. Exact same experience - unless you want your kid to 'experience' living in a hotel with other kids his age, it was of little value. I will say it was probably fun, but cost-wise, not that much fun.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DZaltron 09/03/11, 04:52 pm

Stars ‘n Stripes International Soccer Tours

Stars ‘n Stripes Philosophy

Stars ‘n Stripes, founded in 1987, was established to provide young soccer players who have dedication, desire and love for the game, the chance to become better soccer players and better people by exposing them to different players, styles, and cultures from around the world. Players who wear the Stars ‘n Stripes uniform, return to the States with a deeper understanding of soccer, a deeper appreciation of the unique differences of the world’s cultures, and a deeper pride in their own heritage as Americans.

Stars ‘n Stripes retains only the finest coaches, individuals who have not only excelled in soccer as players themselves, but who have the unique talent of communicating with young people on a personal basis. Players and coaches develop a close relationship from living together, eating together, touring together, training together, and shopping and sightseeing together. Coaches at all times emphasize the importance of behaving with class, both on and off the field. A class which springs from both respect and pride; respect for oneself, one’s opponents, and for the host culture, and pride in one’s teammates and in America, which players and coaches represent with their every action.

Stars ‘n Stripes has visited Italy, including 1990 World Cup games, France, including 1998 World Cup games, Germany, including 2006 World Cup games, Finland, Norway, Holland, Sweden, Denmark, England, Austria, Hungary, Belgium, Iceland, Czech Republic, and Australia. Stars ‘n Stripes has always left these nations with the host’s praise for the conduct, professionalism, and discipline of everyone associated with Stars ‘n Stripes. Stars ‘n Stripes teams are sought after by dozens of tournaments and organizations and have received invitations to compete all over the world.

Itinerary for Summer 2011 - Europe Tour

July 3 Depart for Europe

July 4 Arrive Italy

July 4-11 San Marino Cup

July 11 Transfer to Germany/Austra – training camp

July 11-17 Training, friendly matches, sightseeing, etc.

July 17 Transfer to Cup #2 – Gothia Cup in Sweden

July 17-23 Gothia Cup

July 24 Depart for USA, arrive same day

Note; itinerary may change a day or two until flights and land fare are confirmed and purchased.

Includes transfers, meals, custom made Stars 'n Stripes uniform, sweat suit, team bag, merchandise package (package includes T-shirts, polos, fleece pullover, and more), and tour video.

Europe Tour - $3895, all inclusive. Final itineraries will determine gateway of departure and price may be adjusted. Stars 'n Stripes is neither a vacation tour nor a sightseeing tour. Stars 'n Stripes is for serious soccer players only. All players will be carefully screened and must meet Stars 'n Stripes standards.

Since 1987, Stars 'n Stripes has traveled the world and visited every nation with pride, discipline, professionalism, and an appreciation for the host culture. Stars 'n Stripes is looking for individuals that can continue to represent both Stars 'n Stripes and the United States of America through the world's greatest sport, Soccer!

To receive more info on player selection, tryouts, player’s packet, past trips, etc, please visit our website at:

www.starsnstripessoccer.com
Or contact Stars ‘n Stripes at 972-562-3293.
DZaltron
DZaltron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

http://www.texasfootballclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KatCon 09/03/11, 04:58 pm

nukem wrote:

Here's some links:

Good Luck,

My dd did the No. 1 camp last year, it is 6 days/5 nights. They split the kids up based on age. It was her first time away from home and it was a very intense camp. It is split between keepers (her camp) and strikers. She absolutely loved it and we are already signed up again for this summer. Her skills improved greatly, but most importantly is that she learned how to learn the position (if that makes any sense). They have an extended version of the camp for kids getting ready for college. My dd was the youngest there last year and there were more HS aged kids than there were kids 4-6 grade. I highly recommend it, but it is not cheap.

Shocked $789 for the camp! That seems awfully high to me. That is for the residental camp and the comuter rate is still $589. Shocked
KatCon
KatCon
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next