North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Sportsplex Futsal Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

Sportsplex Futsal

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sportsplex Futsal Empty Sportsplex Futsal

Post by Futboler 28/05/11, 02:49 pm

Any 04s or 05s playing futsal at Sportsplex this summer?
Futboler
Futboler
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Sportsplex Futsal Empty Re: Sportsplex Futsal

Post by coachr 29/05/11, 03:16 am

Futboler wrote:Any 04s or 05s playing futsal at Sportsplex this summer?
Sportsplex futsal... Where to start? Don't bother. The refs don't know the rules and gp doesn't enforce the rules. More importantly it gets ugly fast. The point is to learn control in tight spaces yet duke, powers, etc use it as an opportunity for their less athletic players to take a whack at the other team. It's all total bullish!t. It is good for one thing. It's good for watching the parents come to blows after the games. I'm not kidding. We saw rumbles after at least 25% of the games.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by imabee 29/05/11, 06:57 am

So true. I heard the futsal at Mountasia in NRH was much better.

imabee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Itsme 29/05/11, 09:53 am

coachr wrote:
Futboler wrote:Any 04s or 05s playing futsal at Sportsplex this summer?
Sportsplex futsal... Where to start? Don't bother. The refs don't know the rules and gp doesn't enforce the rules. More importantly it gets ugly fast. The point is to learn control in tight spaces yet duke, powers, etc use it as an opportunity for their less athletic players to take a whack at the other team. It's all total bullish!t. It is good for one thing. It's good for watching the parents come to blows after the games. I'm not kidding. We saw rumbles after at least 25% of the games.

Had the same experience. No more Sportsplex for our family. Go to PSA for futsal.

Itsme
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ralfdallas 29/05/11, 11:45 am

Sportsplex futsal in Winter 2010 - 2011 was a vastly different experience than it was in Wintwr 2009 - 2010.
ralfdallas
ralfdallas
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Itsme 29/05/11, 12:13 pm

ralfdallas wrote:Sportsplex futsal in Winter 2010 - 2011 was a vastly different experience than it was in Wintwr 2009 - 2010.

Good info. Thanks. We'll live vicariously through you on it still... Smile

Itsme
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/05/11, 12:32 pm

Itsme wrote:
ralfdallas wrote:Sportsplex futsal in Winter 2010 - 2011 was a vastly different experience than it was in Wintwr 2009 - 2010.

My d loves futsal and I can tell it helps her game. Would love for her to get to play it more.

She's not played any sportsplex futsal since a teammate picked up a broken ankle out there summer 2010.

I hope ralf is right and GP has cleaned it up.

As for parent squabs, can we blame that on the facility?

I thought PSA futsal was mostly rec teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by hobbit 29/05/11, 01:05 pm

mslater wrote:
Itsme wrote:

My d loves futsal and I can tell it helps her game. Would love for her to get to play it more.

She's not played any sportsplex futsal since a teammate picked up a broken ankle out there summer 2010.

I would suggest finding somewhere to play futsal that is not on hardwood floors - which were built for basket ball and volleyball not soccer/futsal....The only one I know of is Frisco Indoor Sports but I am sure there are others.
hobbit
hobbit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ralfdallas 29/05/11, 01:08 pm

hobbit wrote:
mslater wrote:
Itsme wrote:

I would suggest finding somewhere to play futsal that is not on hardwood floors - which were built for basket ball and volleyball not soccer/futsal....The only one I know of is Frisco Indoor Sports but I am sure there are others.

Sportsplex
ralfdallas
ralfdallas
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Futboler 29/05/11, 01:11 pm

hobbit wrote:
mslater wrote:
Itsme wrote:

Sportsplex doesn't play the futsal matches on the hardwood. It has the rubberized flooring for the futsal.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hobbit 29/05/11, 01:12 pm

ralfdallas wrote:
hobbit wrote:
mslater wrote:
Itsme wrote:

Sportsplex

Sportsplexx plays on the hardwood floors and sometimes on the volleyball courts, not on the turf...Having had all my kids play futsal at Sportplexx as well as FIS I would not ever return to play futsal at the Sportsplexx, if I had the choice.
hobbit
hobbit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hobbit 29/05/11, 01:13 pm

Futboler wrote:
hobbit wrote:
mslater wrote:
Itsme wrote:

Sportsplex doesn't play the futsal matches on the hardwood. It has the rubberized flooring for the futsal.

Well you must not have been to very many futsal games at the Sportsplexx - many games are played on the hardwood flooring - the volleyball courts are better than the hardwood floors, but not much better.
hobbit
hobbit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 30/05/11, 12:50 am

imabee wrote:So true. I heard the futsal at Mountasia in NRH was much better.

Futsal at mountasia has been great so far. No physicality is allowed and all parents/coaches have had great sportsmanship. Facility isn't the nicest, but it's good enough to serve its purpose

I do everything through instinct, I play like a child ... I think about myself on a small field, or in the street, I see myself with the ball in the same way as I am now. I have not changed at all. You must remember soccer is a game to have fun and you play for that. I don't plan or anticipate my play." -Messi
Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solarace 30/05/11, 11:01 am

We played futsal last summer at Sportsplex and we played all but I think 2 games on the rubber playing surfaces. Refs were fine and nobody got injured. They have 1 field that is on a basketball court. The other 3 are on rubber surfaces. Didn't have any parents get into any altercations.

Solarace
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by shootfire 01/06/11, 02:26 pm

mslater wrote:
Itsme wrote:

I thought PSA futsal was mostly rec teams. Only one experience at PSA but not a good one, compt. was poor for most part. Crazy atmosphere, balls rolling onto our court very often disrupting play. Our balls all over the place. several forfeits or no shows. We never got notifiaction from PSA when there was a "called in forfeit" and several of us had a lengthy drive to facility. Several times when we arrived -sometimes pretty early for a Saturday someone who worked there would tell us -"Oh the other team forfeited-they called yesterday."
Played on basketball courts. Just not wonderful and girls didnt get much out of it, would not repeat .
shootfire
shootfire
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigheadpena 01/06/11, 02:33 pm

Hey soccerskills do you have the contact info for Mountasia? I've got two 03s I want to sign up or maybe even start a team to enroll. Is it 3v3 or 5v5? I ll owe you a beer for any info?
bigheadpena
bigheadpena
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futboler 01/06/11, 02:33 pm

PSA has corrected this, but when my DD played indoor there a couple winters back I witnessed a BB go head first into the concrete wall the field used as a sideline, he walked across fuego field to his mother, grabbed his head and then drop like a rock to the floor unconscious. That was not something anyone wanted to see, but like I said they have moved the wee ones field off the wall now.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Dad 01/06/11, 11:20 pm

hobbit wrote:
Futboler wrote:
hobbit wrote:
mslater wrote:
Itsme wrote:

Well you must not have been to very many futsal games at the Sportsplexx - many games are played on the hardwood flooring - the volleyball courts are better than the hardwood floors, but not much better.

My DD played at Sportsplex this past December/January and just wrapped up the first summer session. Every single one of her games were on the rubber floors, not the hardwood.

This is the first I've heard of problems with parents, didn't notice anything even close to being out of line over the previous two seasons.

With all that said, my DD and her team has played its last game at Sportsplex but this is becuase the competition was poor for the 02's and it's no fun at all to watch some poor rec 03 team get killed by my DD's academy team. (They combined the 03's with the 02's)

We are signing up for Futsal at PSA for the upcoming summer session, hope the competition there is better. We played there about 1 1/2 years ago and it seemed to be decent.

On a side note, GP is no longer at Sportsplex.
02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 02/06/11, 12:22 am

Rubber court.......WTF?.....thats not futsal

I do everything through instinct, I play like a child ... I think about myself on a small field, or in the street, I see myself with the ball in the same way as I am now. I have not changed at all. You must remember soccer is a game to have fun and you play for that. I don't plan or anticipate my play." -Messi
Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ralfdallas 02/06/11, 12:40 am

Actually, it's a tile-like surface, but better.
ralfdallas
ralfdallas
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 02/06/11, 12:54 am

Thanks for the clarification ralf.

Pena- I sent you a pm.......i will have two Dos Equis and two bowls of menudo.
CALLING 1v1..........breakfast is ready!

Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 02/06/11, 12:56 am

bigheadpena wrote:Hey soccerskills do you have the contact info for Mountasia? I've got two 03s I want to sign up or maybe even start a team to enroll. Is it 3v3 or 5v5? I ll owe you a beer for any info?

Forgot.........5v5 (4+keeper)

Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/06/11, 11:31 pm

soccerskills wrote:Thanks for the clarification ralf.

Pena- I sent you a pm.......i will have two Dos Equis and two bowls of menudo.
CALLING 1v1..........breakfast is ready!

Some Menudo in the house, Im there pig pig pig pig pig Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by LAFCfan 16/06/11, 10:03 am

soccerskills wrote:
imabee wrote:So true. I heard the futsal at Mountasia in NRH was much better.

Futsal at mountasia has been great so far. No physicality is allowed and all parents/coaches have had great sportsmanship. Facility isn't the nicest, but it's good enough to serve its purpose

I concur. The complex is improving and the play has been great. By far the better choice if comparing indoor vs futsal. Skill improvement and movement off the ball has improved for DD.

LAFCfan
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by bigheadpena 16/06/11, 10:12 am

We had our first game last Sunday at the Sportsplex and it was so fun. We re gonna sign up for as much futsal as possible this summer. If there was a year round league I would much rather have my DD play futsal than outdoor. If they can learn to control the ball on a smooth surface controling the ball on a much slower grass field would be a walk in the park. cheers
bigheadpena
bigheadpena
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next