North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

OK, I signed with the anti-christ, how do I get out of it? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

OK, I signed with the anti-christ, how do I get out of it?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

OK, I signed with the anti-christ, how do I get out of it? Empty OK, I signed with the anti-christ, how do I get out of it?

Post by Blank77 09/08/11, 06:06 pm

OK, to stop anyone from getting the wrong impression, this isn't anything about my DD or team...but I know a few that are at the "wtf did I do" stage. Without getting into the why or the argument if it is right, just looking for what to do if you are 100% out the door. We have only done QT, so, without any league games, could you get a release and your money back? If you got a release, can you go to another club or would it be just to rec? I know some of you have seen this go down, and I know at least one 00 who got out early last season, so I know it is possible. Anyone have any more insight, experience, or answers on this topic?

OK, I signed with the anti-christ, how do I get out of it? 2677952-a-person-about-to-sign-a-contract-with-his-blood
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

OK, I signed with the anti-christ, how do I get out of it? Empty Re: OK, I signed with the anti-christ, how do I get out of it?

Post by tmcc 09/08/11, 09:15 pm

I was wondering if your avatar was real or not and then I noticed the guy in orange sitting in the background. That is a helluva hit.
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : Sometimes, when you mess with the bull, you get the horns!

Back to top Go down

OK, I signed with the anti-christ, how do I get out of it? Empty Re: OK, I signed with the anti-christ, how do I get out of it?

Post by hobbit 09/08/11, 09:58 pm

tmcc wrote:I was wondering if your avatar was real or not and then I noticed the guy in orange sitting in the background. That is a helluva hit.

Until you pointed out that guy I never even noticed.....
hobbit
hobbit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hobbit 09/08/11, 09:58 pm

Blank77 wrote:OK, to stop anyone from getting the wrong impression, this isn't anything about my DD or team...but I know a few that are at the "wtf did I do" stage. Without getting into the why or the argument if it is right, just looking for what to do if you are 100% out the door. We have only done QT, so, without any league games, could you get a release and your money back? If you got a release, can you go to another club or would it be just to rec? I know some of you have seen this go down, and I know at least one 00 who got out early last season, so I know it is possible. Anyone have any more insight, experience, or answers on this topic?

OK, I signed with the anti-christ, how do I get out of it? 2677952-a-person-about-to-sign-a-contract-with-his-blood

No idea, but I am sure there are more than just one or two looking for this information.
hobbit
hobbit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by It Is No Longer Me 09/08/11, 10:26 pm

Blank77 wrote:OK, to stop anyone from getting the wrong impression, this isn't anything about my DD or team...but I know a few that are at the "wtf did I do" stage. Without getting into the why or the argument if it is right, just looking for what to do if you are 100% out the door. We have only done QT, so, without any league games, could you get a release and your money back? If you got a release, can you go to another club or would it be just to rec? I know some of you have seen this go down, and I know at least one 00 who got out early last season, so I know it is possible. Anyone have any more insight, experience, or answers on this topic?

Because the "few" are on teams that have been relegated to Plano or Arlington? Tell them to get over it and play out the season. There is good soccer to be had in both locations.
It Is No Longer Me
It Is No Longer Me
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by geno105 10/08/11, 08:36 am

It's possible just not easy to do. See NTSSA Rules 3.10.7

http://ntx.sportstech.net/Shared%20Documents/ntssa_rules.pdf

geno105
geno105
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AlterEgo 10/08/11, 08:46 am

Don't think it would be easy or you could have a mass exodus of players leaving teams that didn't make Lake Highlands. Crap, we didn't make D1 so time for a new team.
My little birdies tell me that there are at least 2 players looking to leave D1 teams and not for playing time reasons. One of the teams is easily top 10.
Very interesting twist to the plot.

AlterEgo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm 10/08/11, 09:19 am

AlterEgo wrote:Don't think it would be easy or you could have a mass exodus of players leaving teams that didn't make Lake Highlands. Crap, we didn't make D1 so time for a new team.
My little birdies tell me that there are at least 2 players looking to leave D1 teams and not for playing time reasons. One of the teams is easily top 10.

I hope they are not from my teams. I would give them a release in a heartbeat. An unhappy parent or player can cause lots of problems.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by **SweetFeet** 10/08/11, 09:25 am

I beleive its an easy process as long as the coach and "club" are ok with it.

**SweetFeet**
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 50/50 10/08/11, 09:34 am

It's easy to get a release to play Rec. I think you can even bypass Coach if it is a bad situation and just have North Texas sign a Rec. release. The tricky part is getting a competitive release. This is the one that will allow the DD to play select soccer for another select team. The easiest way is to talk to coach, make him understand where you are coming from and have him sign the competitive release. If he refuses then you have to go through North Texas for a hearing and these do not work out very often, although I know of a few that have and one took an appeal process to get done. IMHO if the situation is not harmful to your DD, and she is playing the majority of the games, no matter what division or league you are in just sit tight. Take the pressure off her and yourself for a year, work on skills and private lessons, and move on after the Fall Season at the earliest; and better yet wait the full soccer year out ,monitor other teams/coaches during this time, and make an informed decision next year.
50/50
50/50
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by **SweetFeet** 10/08/11, 09:38 am

50/50 wrote:It's easy to get a release to play Rec. I think you can even bypass Coach if it is a bad situation and just have North Texas sign a Rec. release. The tricky part is getting a competitive release. This is the one that will allow the DD to play select soccer for another select team. The easiest way is to talk to coach, make him understand where you are coming from and have him sign the competitive release. If he refuses then you have to go through North Texas for a hearing and these do not work out very often, although I know of a few that have and one took an appeal process to get done. IMHO if the situation is not harmful to your DD, and she is playing the majority of the games, no matter what division or league you are in just sit tight. Take the pressure off her and yourself for a year, work on skills and private lessons, and move on after the Fall Season at the earliest; and better yet wait the full soccer year out ,monitor other teams/coaches during this time, and make an informed decision next year.

I agree with 50/50...but the reason i say its an easy process is cause I got a competitive release...

**SweetFeet**
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by shasta 10/08/11, 09:44 am

**SweetFeet** wrote:
50/50 wrote:It's easy to get a release to play Rec. I think you can even bypass Coach if it is a bad situation and just have North Texas sign a Rec. release. The tricky part is getting a competitive release. This is the one that will allow the DD to play select soccer for another select team. The easiest way is to talk to coach, make him understand where you are coming from and have him sign the competitive release. If he refuses then you have to go through North Texas for a hearing and these do not work out very often, although I know of a few that have and one took an appeal process to get done. IMHO if the situation is not harmful to your DD, and she is playing the majority of the games, no matter what division or league you are in just sit tight. Take the pressure off her and yourself for a year, work on skills and private lessons, and move on after the Fall Season at the earliest; and better yet wait the full soccer year out ,monitor other teams/coaches during this time, and make an informed decision next year.

I agree with 50/50...but the reason i say its an easy process is cause I got a competitive release...

Did you switch within the same club? Or, pay two club fees? Or, get your money back from the first club?

shasta
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by reapersweeper 10/08/11, 09:46 am

jm23jm wrote:
AlterEgo wrote:Don't think it would be easy or you could have a mass exodus of players leaving teams that didn't make Lake Highlands. Crap, we didn't make D1 so time for a new team.

I hope they are not from my teams. I would give them a release in a heartbeat. An unhappy parent or player can cause lots of problems.

I love this about you coach. Our old coach (99's) told us he would release our child, then wouldn't. Said he would let her practice with another coach through the year so she could maintain skills, then wouldn't allow it. It finally took almost four months for him to sign a release but only as long as it was where he said she could play. I don't post much and saw a whole thread on how you need to stick it out with the team because it teaches your daughter that they have to fight through the challenging times. Although I agree with that wholeheartedly, your coach has to be able to work with you as well. They have to be able to communicate with your child and set expectations. The problem is that most on that whole topic spoke in generalities but each situation is different. Sometimes you have to teach your DD that their personal development as a chid is much more important than having the coach completely disintegrate their self confidence, bully, and lie to them. Sometimes it is best to just walk away from that situation. I would rather teach my daughter that she can stand up for herself rather than allow someone to continue to degrade her as a person. Generally their isn't any other parent on that team that will stick their necks out for you unless it directly affects their child. It is the "it's better them than us" syndrom. They'll come up to you and talk about just how wrong it is that your DD is being treated that way, but do absolutely nothing to help. Saw it and lived it.

I believe at this level that if a parent/child asks for a release than they should get it. They aren't professional players and we shouldn't be so wrapped up in winning that we are scared to death they'll go play for another team. The ultimate goal should be about the development of the DD and their future in soccer.

Kudos to you coach for taking that stance and I hope that every coach would be gracious enough to check their pride at the door to allow the DD to move on and find a place they are comfortable.

My 01 decided not to play this year after playing for years on a top 10 team. If she ever decides to play again I would hope that it is with a quality coach that understands the individual needs of the players and not just the overall needs of the team (they are both important). Those are truly successful coaches in my opinion.

If someone is wants to get a release, it can be done. There are requirements. The easiest is to have the gaining coach and releasing coach's signatures allowing the transfer of the player. The other way is petitioning North Texas during the acceptable time to gain a release. Almost all of these are accepted as the coaches are too lazy to go up before the hearing. However, most of the time you will be leaving money on the table at the old team. Ask yourself if leaving the money is worth it. For us, our DD is much happier, slowly gaining her confidence back as a player. So well worth it.
reapersweeper
reapersweeper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 50/50 10/08/11, 09:56 am

Did you switch within the same club? Or, pay two club fees? Or, get your money back from the first club?[/quote]

I also got a competitive release for my DD in our first year of Select. It was not too hard but I was able to convince Coach that signing was the best thing for my DD and his own reputation and he signed. As far as the money goes North Texas officially considers that an issue between parent and club only. They first want to know only if the DD broke any North Texas rules on or off the pitch. You will have to come to some sort of agreement with the club/coach on money, and it usually involves you paying more, and for sure not receiving a refund. You have to remember that the team fees were divided by a certain number of players and it is not right to go back and ask anyone to pay more money no matter how unhappy your new state of mind might be. In our case we had paid in full for the soccer year, as we should to honor our commitment to the team and other parents on the team. The new team asked only for Uniform money from us since they had already divided up the team fees with the original number of players. We did not ask for or receive any refund. In the bigger clubs where it is all about the $$ sometimes that is exactly what they will ask for to "sell" you a competitive release.

Last edited by 50/50 on 10/08/11, 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
50/50
50/50
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thiescj 10/08/11, 10:02 am

I can see both views on this topic. My first take on this is that you signed a contract knowing full well what was involved and the committment needed to live up to it. You signed a contract so honor it. What if 2 girls decide to leave after qualifying for any reason, where does that leave the team? It is not only a committment that you have made to the coach but also the team.

On the other hand I can see where an unhappy player and parents could totally disrupt a team. Maybe a player was promised something and the coach didn't come through. Who knows? But the fact remains they are not happy. Maybe the team is just not a good fit for your daughter and it took until now to realize that. Why should the kid be punished and have to stay with a team she and the parents are obviously do not want to be apart of? Who benefits in this situation?

Tough call and I wouldn't want to be a parent or a coach having to deal with it. I think I am more on the side of if you have a kid or parent who is unhappy let them try to find success elsewhere. These are young girls and not high paid athletes bitching about how they can barely support their families on their multi-million dollar contracts.
thiescj
thiescj
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by reapersweeper 10/08/11, 10:32 am

thiescj wrote:I can see both views on this topic. My first take on this is that you signed a contract knowing full well what was involved and the committment needed to live up to it. You signed a contract so honor it. What if 2 girls decide to leave after qualifying for any reason, where does that leave the team? It is not only a committment that you have made to the coach but also the team.

On the other hand I can see where an unhappy player and parents could totally disrupt a team. Maybe a player was promised something and the coach didn't come through. Who knows? But the fact remains they are not happy. Maybe the team is just not a good fit for your daughter and it took until now to realize that. Why should the kid be punished and have to stay with a team she and the parents are obviously do not want to be apart of? Who benefits in this situation?

Tough call and I wouldn't want to be a parent or a coach having to deal with it. I think I am more on the side of if you have a kid or parent who is unhappy let them try to find success elsewhere. These are young girls and not high paid athletes bitching about how they can barely support their families on their multi-million dollar contracts.

On the contract statement......remember that the contract goes both way. The coach is contracted to develop a product and thus should provide at least a reasonable attempt at doing so. Too many times we let the coaches out of their responsbilities. And YES, we were told many things prior to signing that ended up being wrong and stuff that was added to our responsibilities as parents after the signing of the contract. So, just because you sign a contract does not mean that you know full well what it ALL entails. You have to live it to know it counselor!
reapersweeper
reapersweeper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 10/08/11, 10:42 am

reapersweeper wrote:The coach is contracted to develop a product and thus should provide at least a reasonable attempt at doing so. Too many times we let the coaches out of their responsbilities. And YES, we were told many things prior to signing that ended up being wrong and stuff that was added to our responsibilities as parents after the signing of the contract. So, just because you sign a contract does not mean that you know full well what it ALL entails.
I consider myself extremely fortunate that a work associate told my husband about this website when we moved to NTx at the beginning of the year. If they hadn't and I wasn't able to find out exactly what club soccer/going select entailed, etc, we could have easily been up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

While at a June indoor game, my husband was approached by two men from a club and they told him they had an '01 team that would be playing in Lake Highlands. Not only are they not IN Lake Highlands, they didn't have enough players to register a team for the qualifying tournament and at this point are still looking for players.

Fortunately, I had learned enough to know it was B.S. they were trying to sell.
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/08/11, 10:54 am

reapersweeper wrote:
jm23jm wrote:

I love this about you coach. Our old coach (99's) told us he would release our child, then wouldn't. Said he would let her practice with another coach through the year so she could maintain skills, then wouldn't allow it. It finally took almost four months for him to sign a release but only as long as it was where he said she could play. I don't post much and saw a whole thread on how you need to stick it out with the team because it teaches your daughter that they have to fight through the challenging times. Although I agree with that wholeheartedly, your coach has to be able to work with you as well. They have to be able to communicate with your child and set expectations. The problem is that most on that whole topic spoke in generalities but each situation is different. Sometimes you have to teach your DD that their personal development as a chid is much more important than having the coach completely disintegrate their self confidence, bully, and lie to them. Sometimes it is best to just walk away from that situation. I would rather teach my daughter that she can stand up for herself rather than allow someone to continue to degrade her as a person. Generally their isn't any other parent on that team that will stick their necks out for you unless it directly affects their child. It is the "it's better them than us" syndrom. They'll come up to you and talk about just how wrong it is that your DD is being treated that way, but do absolutely nothing to help. Saw it and lived it.

I believe at this level that if a parent/child asks for a release than they should get it. They aren't professional players and we shouldn't be so wrapped up in winning that we are scared to death they'll go play for another team. The ultimate goal should be about the development of the DD and their future in soccer.

Kudos to you coach for taking that stance and I hope that every coach would be gracious enough to check their pride at the door to allow the DD to move on and find a place they are comfortable.

My 01 decided not to play this year after playing for years on a top 10 team. If she ever decides to play again I would hope that it is with a quality coach that understands the individual needs of the players and not just the overall needs of the team (they are both important). Those are truly successful coaches in my opinion.

If someone is wants to get a release, it can be done. There are requirements. The easiest is to have the gaining coach and releasing coach's signatures allowing the transfer of the player. The other way is petitioning North Texas during the acceptable time to gain a release. Almost all of these are accepted as the coaches are too lazy to go up before the hearing. However, most of the time you will be leaving money on the table at the old team. Ask yourself if leaving the money is worth it. For us, our DD is much happier, slowly gaining her confidence back as a player. So well worth it.

Who are you trying to fool. This is America! It's always about winning....

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 10/08/11, 11:01 am

AllenAmerican wrote:
reapersweeper wrote:
jm23jm wrote:

Looks to me like the "bottom" in your avatar isn't winning much at all...

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 10/08/11, 11:04 am

Gunners wrote:Looks to me like the "bottom" in your avatar isn't winning much at all...
Now you see it, now you don't. lol
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/08/11, 11:05 am

Gunners wrote:
AllenAmerican wrote:
reapersweeper wrote:
jm23jm wrote:

Looks to me like the "bottom" in your avatar isn't winning much at all...

Whats wrong with fluffy's bottom?

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 10/08/11, 11:06 am

txtransplant wrote:
Gunners wrote:Looks to me like the "bottom" in your avatar isn't winning much at all...

Well that all depends on how speshal the interaction is....
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/08/11, 11:12 am

txtransplant wrote:

I was just demonstarting the point that "WHEN YOU HAVE A HIDIOUSLY OFFENDING AVATAR, YOU SHOULD CHANGE IT"....HINT cyclops

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweeper 10/08/11, 11:13 am

Blank77 wrote:
txtransplant wrote:

Well that all depends on how speshal the interaction is....

I don't understand this joke at all, but why in the world would anyone put a dog in a bikini in the first place. The SPCA should crack down on that kind of humiliation.
Sweeper
Sweeper
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 10/08/11, 11:17 am

AllenAmerican wrote:
txtransplant wrote:

I was just demonstarting the point that "WHEN YOU HAVE A HIDIOUSLY OFFENDING AVATAR, YOU SHOULD CHANGE IT"....HINT cyclops

*bats eyes innocently* would you prefer something like this.....

OK, I signed with the anti-christ, how do I get out of it? BDUTEXAS

cheers
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next