North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

My dd got her first yellow card!! Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

My dd got her first yellow card!!

Go down

My dd got her first yellow card!! Empty My dd got her first yellow card!!

Post by mcik17 30/10/11, 06:21 pm

Nothing to serious. It was the right call. Ref was nice enough to take pic after game....see avatar.
mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

My dd got her first yellow card!! Empty Re: My dd got her first yellow card!!

Post by 02MoMmA 30/10/11, 06:27 pm

mcik17 wrote:Nothing to serious. It was the right call. Ref was nice enough to take pic after game....see avatar.

LMBO, must say that was one dirty play there!! What are you teaching that DD of yours?! Shocked J/K!

Great game today, played great in the field! cheers
02MoMmA
02MoMmA
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/10/11, 06:29 pm

What is that the ref is holding in his hand???

I don't think I've ever seen one of those before in North Texas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bierluva 30/10/11, 06:43 pm

Congrats?! Razz Actually, I think we should congratulate the ref. I have only seen one card pulled in NTX, but that was a RED one.
Bierluva
Bierluva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesWideOpen 30/10/11, 08:21 pm

Congrats! I don't know if I'm happier for you or that I now know that the refs actually carry cards...well at least some of them do
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 30/10/11, 09:24 pm

mcik17 wrote:Nothing to serious. It was the right call. Ref was nice enough to take pic after game....see avatar.

I have to ask was she playing goalie or a field player?

Congrats!!! I am shocked a ref even knew how to use or even carried cards anymore.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/10/11, 09:36 pm

Heard a kid got one at SDL East yesterday!

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 30/10/11, 09:50 pm

jen_nah wrote:

I have to ask was she playing goalie or a field player?

Congrats!!! I am shocked a ref even knew how to use or even carried cards anymore.

She was playing field.
mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/10/11, 12:29 am

Holy crap. A yellow given in NTX? She must have pulled her down by her ponytail, from behind, on a break away, and then stepped on her throat before clearing the ball.

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 31/10/11, 07:52 am

passthedarnball wrote:Holy crap. A yellow given in NTX? She must have pulled her down by her ponytail, from behind, on a break away, and then stepped on her throat before clearing the ball.

Yes, I saw it. That is exactly what happened. That girl is a menace. Laughing
justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/10/11, 08:18 am

I normally don't condone rough play, but I say sometime you have to make sure that the Ref's are awake or even alive.

BTW, I didn't see where Grubb/Bennett had a game. Did you guys/gals get to have a pickup game somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 31/10/11, 08:47 am

hardtruthsoldier123 wrote:I normally don't condone rough play, but I say sometime you have to make sure that the Ref's are awake or even alive.

BTW, I didn't see where Grubb/Bennett had a game. Did you guys/gals get to have a pickup game somewhere.

Yes my dd ocassionally helps out Vigil's team playing in the field...she usually plays goalie and Vigil is kind enough to give her some touches on the field! Vigil has a great group of girls and parents. This game was between DT Vigil and DT Rangel...it was a very hard fought game that ended in a 0-0 tie. Vigil's goalie had a sweet save on a PK!
mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotshagger 31/10/11, 09:01 am

We had a player sent to the hospital yesterday for a CT scan--thank God it came back negative. The call? After checking with the side judge, we got our only free kick of the match.

BTW, it was a 98 Premier League match. If you think it's bad for 02's, just wait.
Shotshagger
Shotshagger
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/10/11, 09:19 am

mcik17 wrote:
hardtruthsoldier123 wrote:I normally don't condone rough play, but I say sometime you have to make sure that the Ref's are awake or even alive.

Yes my dd ocassionally helps out Vigil's team playing in the field...she usually plays goalie and Vigil is kind enough to give her some touches on the field! Vigil has a great group of girls and parents. This game was between DT Vigil and DT Rangel...it was a very hard fought game that ended in a 0-0 tie. Vigil's goalie had a sweet save on a PK!

I spoke with a buddy of mine on Vigil's Team a few minutes ago and he told me it got a little "Rowdy" out there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Refmike 31/10/11, 09:26 am

I think that acting proud of a child getting a yellow card, and taking photos, is sending a wrong message to your child. What doe she get if she gets her first red card? McDonalds and a movie? I get the comments about not many cards being given, so what she did must have been heinous indeed.
Keep up the good work.
Rm
Refmike
Refmike
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 31/10/11, 10:03 am

Refmike wrote:I think that acting proud of a child getting a yellow card, and taking photos, is sending a wrong message to your child. What doe she get if she gets her first red card? McDonalds and a movie? I get the comments about not many cards being given, so what she did must have been heinous indeed.
Keep up the good work.
Rm

I would agree with you. But you have to understand that in NTX Soccer a card of any colour is a rare occurrence. Things your more likely to see in your life time listed below:

1. Blue Moon
2. Polar bear outside of Canada
3. Dancing Bear.
4. Loch Ness Monster.

The list could go on but no one on this board would believe that a card was given without evidence.
Honestly I would like to see more yellows to control some of the play that is currently going on. But I think I did see 3 of the four on the list above. Still waiting to see a yellow card in NTX soccer. I am planning to go to Scotland soon so maybe I can get number 4 off of my list.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 31/10/11, 10:13 am

Agree RM. Seems really young to be earning cards. It is not a badge of honor type thing. To earn a card that young a player must have either recklessly, or by dirty play, committed a very hard foul or ran one's mouth at the ref. Hardly seems like an occasion for laughing it up and taking pictures. You look at the other posts about dirty play at the older ages and this is where it starts folks. It should get a stern lecture from mom and dad not be a photo op. Kudos to the young ref for pulling a card on the young girl. Most won't at these ages.

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 31/10/11, 10:20 am

Refmike wrote:I think that acting proud of a child getting a yellow card, and taking photos, is sending a wrong message to your child. What doe she get if she gets her first red card? McDonalds and a movie? I get the comments about not many cards being given, so what she did must have been heinous indeed.
Keep up the good work.
Rm

Not heinous at all. She got a yellow for doing the same foul about 3 times. It wasn't a yellow for a brutish foul and I think she actually learned from getting the yellow and the ref actually talked to her in depth about why he gave it to her right after the pic was taken. I think this ref called a very tight game...almost a little to tight...but he did a good job of protecting the kids and my dd deserved the yellow card! I wanted to make a big deal out of it so she could see that being aggressive and not winning the ball can have reprocutions. She didn't get any treats or prizes.
mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 31/10/11, 10:25 am

Wow, a card for persistent infringement. Now I'm really impressed with that young man.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 31/10/11, 10:32 am

mcik17 wrote:
Keep up the good work.
Rm

Not heinous at all. She got a yellow for doing the same foul about 3 times. It wasn't a yellow for a brutish foul and I think she actually learned from getting the yellow and the ref actually talked to her in depth about why he gave it to her right after the pic was taken. I think this ref called a very tight game...almost a little to tight...but he did a good job of protecting the kids and my dd deserved the yellow card! I wanted to make a big deal out of it so she could see that being aggressive and not winning the ball can have reprocutions. She didn't get any treats or prizes.

Well done all around. cheers

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 31/10/11, 10:38 am

Gunner9 wrote:Wow, a card for persistent infringement. Now I'm really impressed with that young man.

I agree Gunners...he should of gave her the card after the 2nd foul, but for some reason he gave her 2 chances. However, after the card was given she didn't do it again! Like I said, it wasnt a hard foul....matter of fact there were other fouls that were harder! You don't see people that were at the game complaining about my dd's overly ruff play. I'm just glad the ref actually pulled the card....that is progress!

mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/10/11, 11:12 am

We saw two yellow cards at the Plano tourney. One given to our team and one given to an opposing team.

Back to top Go down

Post by imasoccerfreak 31/10/11, 11:48 am

My daughter got one too! And it was the right call (ironically, probably the only call of the game that WAS the right call), but it wasn't a hard foul... it just happened while the other player was taking a shot. Must be a full moon affecting all those teenagers.

And before anyone gives me a hard time, I'm not proud of her getting the card... but I didn't scold her about it either. It was a very soft foul, and totally unintentional.

imasoccerfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 31/10/11, 11:48 am

mcik17 wrote:
Gunner9 wrote:Wow, a card for persistent infringement. Now I'm really impressed with that young man.

I agree Gunners...he should of gave her the card after the 2nd foul, but for some reason he gave her 2 chances. However, after the card was given she didn't do it again! Like I said, it wasnt a hard foul....matter of fact there were other fouls that were harder! You don't see people that were at the game complaining about my dd's overly ruff play. I'm just glad the ref actually pulled the card....that is progress!

mcik17- So it was your dd that was the bully at our game. Just kidding!!! I wasn't even at the game and dd was sitting the bench due to a fractured wrist from a dangerous play in a previous game with no call. We were at our younger dd game.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down