North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Teams Poised to Move Up? Place your Bets Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Teams Poised to Move Up? Place your Bets

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Teams Poised to Move Up? Place your Bets Empty Teams Poised to Move Up? Place your Bets

Post by deepthoughts 29/11/11, 03:56 pm

If you have been reading the rather expansive FBR 11-25-2011 discussion, there is a lot of reasons why FBR is not that accurate but interesting as a general ranking tool to figure out the competitive neighborhood of a specific team.

So here is the question/topic for this thread: Predict the teams that will move up 5 or more ranking slots by the end of the regular PT/SDL/EAL Spring season.

The person that wins the contest will have serious bragging rights going into the pre-QT tournament season. To make it fair, predictions must be made by December 10th.

What are your best bets? You get 3 points for a team that makes the 5 position or more improvement, 1 point if your pick moves up 3 or 4 slots, -1 points for a team that stays the same or moves up only 1 or 2 slots, and -3 points for a pick that actually moves down from their 11-25-2011 ranking.

Lastly, to be in the contest, you must pick a minimum of 3 teams but can pick more. (modification to prevent voting only with your heart for your own DD's team).

If enough people participate, this should result in an interesting list of teams poised to get a lot better going into the last season before qualifying for Lake Highlands. It should let people think outside the box of their own team and think about teams that impressed them when they played them.

Last edited by deepthoughts on 29/11/11, 06:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To make the contest interesting...)
deepthoughts
deepthoughts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Teams Poised to Move Up? Place your Bets Empty Re: Teams Poised to Move Up? Place your Bets

Post by Guest 29/11/11, 04:02 pm

Solar Gio.

Back to top Go down

Teams Poised to Move Up? Place your Bets Empty Re: Teams Poised to Move Up? Place your Bets

Post by 02Dad 29/11/11, 04:08 pm

twomattiesmom wrote:Solar Gio.

Is the object of this game just to name your DD's team? Very Happy
02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/11/11, 04:14 pm

What a Face

Last edited by twomattiesmom on 30/11/11, 08:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesWideOpen 29/11/11, 04:25 pm

Great topic! Let me think about it
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom13 29/11/11, 05:25 pm

02Dad wrote:

if thats the case.. Solar Jones Very Happy
soccermom13
soccermom13
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Balotelli Fan 29/11/11, 05:32 pm

Sting is on the way up. By the time LH gets here Sting will be in a battle with Bennett and South for the number 4 spot. Sting is a big proud club that boasts multiple National Champions. Come ECNL time they will really put something together. Who wouldn't want to be a Sting ECNL starter. Dont say I didn't warn you!

Balotelli Fan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LHD 29/11/11, 05:41 pm

Liverpool Hansen '02 Savage.

Currently ranked at #44 . . . so odds of moving up are significantly in their favor. The team recently added some quality players and have already beaten or tied a few teams currently ranked ahead of them. They should be able to shoot past #39.

LHD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifter 29/11/11, 05:49 pm

Balotelli Fan wrote:Sting is on the way up. By the time LH gets here Sting will be in a battle with Bennett and South for the number 4 spot. Sting is a big proud club that boasts multiple National Champions. Come ECNL time they will really put something together. Who wouldn't want to be a Sting ECNL starter. Dont say I didn't warn you!

Can you hear that? they are already planning the ceremony to crown Sting as the best club of ever.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by deepthoughts 29/11/11, 06:04 pm

deepthoughts wrote:If you have been reading the rather expansive FBR 11-25-2011 discussion, there is a lot of reasons why FBR is not that accurate but interesting as a general ranking tool to figure out the competitive neighborhood of a specific team.

So here is the question/topic for this thread: Predict the teams that will move up 5 or more ranking slots by the end of the regular PT/SDL/EAL Spring season.

The person that wins the contest will have serious bragging rights going into the pre-QT tournament season. To make it fair, predictions must be made by December 10th.

What are your best bets? You get 3 points for a team that makes the 5 position or more improvement, 1 point if your pick moves up 3 or 4 slots, -1 points for a team that stays the same or moves up only 1 or 2 slots, and -3 points for a pick that actually moves down from their 11-25-2011 ranking.

If enough people participate, this should result in an interesting list of teams poised to get a lot better going into the last season before qualifying for Lake Highlands. It should let people think outside the box of their own team and think about teams that impressed them when they played them.

One more rule.

To be in the contest, you MUST name a minimum of three teams. This is to avoid the "I'm only picking my own team" trend that seems to have kicked into play right away.

The whole idea is to offer perspective of more teams than just your own. It would be great if people explained the rationale their picks. The recent poster that mentioned a lower ranked team has a better chance is absolutely right. Picking teams below #20 should improve your odds I'd say.

Who has it figured out?
deepthoughts
deepthoughts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Balotelli Fan 29/11/11, 06:13 pm

Grifter wrote:
Balotelli Fan wrote:Sting is on the way up. By the time LH gets here Sting will be in a battle with Bennett and South for the number 4 spot. Sting is a big proud club that boasts multiple National Champions. Come ECNL time they will really put something together. Who wouldn't want to be a Sting ECNL starter. Dont say I didn't warn you!

Can you hear that? they are already planning the ceremony to crown Sting as the best club of ever.

Don't be a hater. Nobody said best club ever. If you think they are gonna stick around and be mediocre at the 02 age group then you are sadly mistaken. Over last five years I would say Sting has been the best club around here too.

Balotelli Fan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bierluva 29/11/11, 06:28 pm

I'll give it a shot:

Polaris
Solar Gio
Liverpool Dalglish

and... I will add in a few more:

Sting Parker
Solar Stark
Bierluva
Bierluva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/11/11, 06:44 pm

deepthoughts wrote:
deepthoughts wrote:If you have been reading the rather expansive FBR 11-25-2011 discussion, there is a lot of reasons why FBR is not that accurate but interesting as a general ranking tool to figure out the competitive neighborhood of a specific team.

One more rule.

To be in the contest, you MUST name a minimum of three teams. This is to avoid the "I'm only picking my own team" trend that seems to have kicked into play right away.

The whole idea is to offer perspective of more teams than just your own. It would be great if people explained the rationale their picks. The recent poster that mentioned a lower ranked team has a better chance is absolutely right. Picking teams below #20 should improve your odds I'd say.

Who has it figured out?

If you are going to get all smarty pants on me and make me think about my answer then forget it. I don't have that much energy Wink Well...not right now anyway. I guess I'll think about it and try again. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 29/11/11, 06:46 pm

Balotelli Fan wrote:
Grifter wrote:

Don't be a hater. Nobody said best club ever. If you think they are gonna stick around and be mediocre at the 02 age group then you are sadly mistaken. Over last five years I would say Sting has been the best club around here too.

That's an interesting theory given in LH Solar has the best 01 team, Solar and Liverpool have the best 00 teams, Solar have the best 99 teams, Liverpool has won 98s last 2 years, etc.

I take it you're not exactly referencing either most successful, nor # of teams in the top divisions that have won the league. 97s I'll give you but you couldn't be more wrong about the last 4 years. Also they aren't even in the top 5 in terms of # of teams so not sure of your biggest definition either. In academy they don't have the #1ranked team in any age group either, that's a mixture of Solar, Liverpool and Texans.

(... waits for string of insults and 'hater' tag for being factual rather than posting conjecture.)

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 29/11/11, 06:56 pm

My 3 teams moving up from their current FBR rankings are
Fever Red #10
Sting Searls #13
TFC Elite #18

I think all these teams have a legitimately shot at moving up 5 spots from thier current ranking. Fever Red will have the hardest out of this group to get to #5...it depends on what happens to Bennett.

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/11/11, 07:19 pm

soccermom13 wrote:
02Dad wrote:

if thats the case.. Solar Jones Very Happy

I like it soccermom Twisted Evil

Last edited by twomattiesmom on 30/11/11, 08:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guess Who 29/11/11, 07:40 pm

Waco will drop 5

Bennett will drop 5

South will drop 5

Sting will move up 5
Guess Who
Guess Who
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Balotelli Fan 29/11/11, 07:51 pm

Sorry Wolf Liverpool is better!

Polaris moves up
Sting moves up
Solar Gio moves up

Balotelli Fan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 29/11/11, 07:54 pm

Balotelli Fan wrote:Sorry Wolf Liverpool is better!

Polaris moves up
Sting moves up
Solar Gio moves up

Not the point of my post. I think Solar gets the kudos from that spread.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melamamas 29/11/11, 08:09 pm

I wonder what teams the Brazilian sisters will end up on.I think whatever team they land on will move up in rankings.
santa

melamamas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/11/11, 08:21 pm

Shocked

Last edited by twomattiesmom on 30/11/11, 08:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom13 29/11/11, 08:40 pm

twomattiesmom wrote:Ok, here goes:

Solar Gio - because the new 5 or 6 girls that had joined this past season have had a chance to adjust to the Solar Gio philosophy and soccer style, and the two new additions they have gotten in the last few weeks will make them stronger. I am partial to their goal keeper as well Razz

Solar Stark - because I like their coach.

Solar Jones - ummm, because my husband likes their coach.

Honorable Mention:

Polaris - I think they will move up but I think it will be hard for them to move 5 spots.

thanks!! he does have a proven track record of improving each year..
my 3.
Solar Jones
Solar Gio
FC Dallas Palmisano

Last edited by soccermom13 on 29/11/11, 08:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
soccermom13
soccermom13
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom13 29/11/11, 08:41 pm

wow.. you sound cocky.. just like Balotelli...
not judging.. love Balotelli and the rest of the BLUES!!
soccermom13
soccermom13
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifter 29/11/11, 09:09 pm

Balotelli Fan wrote:
Grifter wrote:

club schmlub... your opinion is deserved..

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 29/11/11, 10:13 pm

soccermom13 wrote:

wow.. you sound cocky.. just like Balotelli...
not judging.. love Balotelli and the rest of the BLUES!!

If you like even John Terry, I'm going to come round your house and offload half a ton of squirrel poop (that I have been storing for the occasion) on your doorstep! Twisted Evil

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next