North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ODP Sub Regional Event vs League Play? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

ODP Sub Regional Event vs League Play?

Go down

ODP Sub Regional Event vs League Play? Empty ODP Sub Regional Event vs League Play?

Post by skillz 13/01/12, 08:29 am

I'm torn. DD got email asking for availability for sub regional events. There is a direct conflict with LHGCL opening spring season game. Is anyone else facing the same dilemma?

skillz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

ODP Sub Regional Event vs League Play? Empty Re: ODP Sub Regional Event vs League Play?

Post by Type 1 left-footer 13/01/12, 09:32 am

skillz wrote:I'm torn. DD got email asking for availability for sub regional events. There is a direct conflict with LHGCL opening spring season game. Is anyone else facing the same dilemma?

Talk with coach. Club events are supposed to take priority over ODP events. BUT if your DD's team is sitting on a full roster and doesn't need your DD then coach may give the "go ahead".

Already bought tickets for the US Women's National Team so ODP will have to take a back seat that weekend for us. Cool
Type 1 left-footer
Type 1 left-footer
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

ODP Sub Regional Event vs League Play? Empty Re: ODP Sub Regional Event vs League Play?

Post by futbollove 13/01/12, 10:13 am

skillz wrote:I'm torn. DD got email asking for availability for sub regional events. There is a direct conflict with LHGCL opening spring season game. Is anyone else facing the same dilemma?

No brainer- LH game. That's the team you committed too.
Plus it's easily going to be the most competitive of the two options.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 13/01/12, 10:44 am

futbollove wrote:

How is that? Ever actually been to one?

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 13/01/12, 10:58 am

my2cents wrote:
futbollove wrote:

Several actually. And I certainly wouldn't miss a league game for it.
Have you been to one?
And most Div 1 games are more competitive.
Plus the fact that it's scheduled at the same time as LH games mean most of the pool won't show up.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TNT 16/01/12, 10:25 am

We have been told that select team should come first, that they understand. I as well would talk to the coach and see what he says.
What age group does your dd play in?

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 16/01/12, 12:47 pm

futbollove wrote:
my2cents wrote:
futbollove wrote:

Have you been to one?
Plus the fact that it's scheduled at the same time as LH games mean most of the pool won't show up.

No I have not been to one on the girls side. That is why I asked. I have been to 3 on the boys side and they are better than most D1 games. I do agree though that you should not skip a club event for a sub-regional but I would not skip the regional trials,if invited, for any club event . It also depends on who you play for and where you live. If you are centrally located playing for a large club with alot of player promotion then they will discourage ODP when they get older. If you live farther out and you do notcare to do the hour to two hour drive to a top team's practices then ODP can be a good venue for being scouted if you can make it to the regional level.

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 16/01/12, 02:55 pm

my2cents wrote:
futbollove wrote:
my2cents wrote:
futbollove wrote:

Have you been to one?

No I have not been to one on the girls side. That is why I asked. I have been to 3 on the boys side and they are better than most D1 games. I do agree though that you should not skip a club event for a sub-regional but I would not skip the regional trials,if invited, for any club event . It also depends on who you play for and where you live. If you are centrally located playing for a large club with alot of player promotion then they will discourage ODP when they get older. If you live farther out and you do notcare to do the hour to two hour drive to a top team's practices then ODP can be a good venue for being scouted if you can make it to the regional level.

Very good point.
ODP is able to exist here because most clubs encourage participation. I suspect that encouragement would quickly disappear if too many players started missing club events.
Why would North Texas schedule an event on the same weekend as LH games anyway?
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 16/01/12, 05:22 pm

futbollove wrote:
my2cents wrote:
futbollove wrote:
my2cents wrote:
futbollove wrote:

Have you been to one?

Very good point.
ODP is able to exist here because most clubs encourage participation. I suspect that encouragement would quickly disappear if too many players started missing club events.
Why would North Texas schedule an event on the same weekend as LH games anyway?

That is exactly why ODP tells players to honor their club commitments first. As far as the scheduling it may be Region III or another state is scheduling it. Boys side has never hosted their sub-regional until June. Much less conflicts. Other areas of the country have alot more ODP events than NTX so they may be looking to travel to one. Region III is terrible about avoiding conflicts. A few years ago my son's team made the Presidents Cup Regional III final. If we had won my son would have had to choose between the Region III ODP camp and the national Presidents Cup Championship tournament being hosted by Region III.

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down