North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

How did they grow? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

How did they grow?

Go down

How did they grow? Empty How did they grow?

Post by Soccerwinner 07/03/12, 06:25 am

How did the Texans get so many teams?

Soccerwinner
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Location : Lewisville/Corinth/Denton/flower mound/ highlandvillage

Back to top Go down

How did they grow? Empty Re: How did they grow?

Post by bigtex75081 07/03/12, 07:29 am

I'm not a Texans-lover but it's hard not to be impressed with what Hassan Nazari has done. About 25 years ago (I tried to find the founding date but couldn't immediately find it) the Texans weren't even in existance and now it is consistently ranked as one of the top clubs in the country.

It definitely happened because of Hassan. People will tell you Hassan is a lot of things but he's definitely an EXCELLENT recruiter. He also has a clearly defined strategy for the way he wants his teams to play and he's very good at explaining it. He's knows how to share a vision. (I was a '77 that played for him at Storm when he first came to the area. I still remember the speeches about how he wanted the ball to move on the field.)

Early on for the Texans they had a couple really successful teams. (The '88s anybody?) When a club wins national championships they quickly move up the ladder on the local and national club scene. Hassan also made a lot of savvy moves to benefit his club along the way.

With winning and championships and national exposure... parents quickly started migrating their children to the club. The Texans bumper stickers have become highly sought after no matter which team your kid is on. As the popularity of the club increased, Hassan chose not to put a limit on the number of teams in each age group.

People may not like Hassan but he changed the select and academy landscape here in Dallas. The clubs that want to battle him every step of the way are now copying him and the model he created.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 07/03/12, 07:53 am

bigtex75081 wrote:I'm not a Texans-lover but it's hard not to be impressed with what Hassan Nazari has done. About 25 years ago (I tried to find the founding date but couldn't immediately find it) the Texans weren't even in existance and now it is consistently ranked as one of the top clubs in the country.

It definitely happened because of Hassan. People will tell you Hassan is a lot of things but he's definitely an EXCELLENT recruiter. He also has a clearly defined strategy for the way he wants his teams to play and he's very good at explaining it. He's knows how to share a vision. (I was a '77 that played for him at Storm when he first came to the area. I still remember the speeches about how he wanted the ball to move on the field.)

Early on for the Texans they had a couple really successful teams. (The '88s anybody?) When a club wins national championships they quickly move up the ladder on the local and national club scene. Hassan also made a lot of savvy moves to benefit his club along the way.

With winning and championships and national exposure... parents quickly started migrating their children to the club. The Texans bumper stickers have become highly sought after no matter which team your kid is on. As the popularity of the club increased, Hassan chose not to put a limit on the number of teams in each age group.

People may not like Hassan but he changed the select and academy landscape here in Dallas. The clubs that want to battle him every step of the way are now copying him and the model he created.
It should also be noted that the Texans were one of the first, if not the first, club to field multiple teams in each age group. Before the Texans started doing that each club had only 1 team in each division. (Back then there there were just a lot more clubs. Some were good. Some were bad. But there were a lot of options on the club level to pick from.)
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerwinner 07/03/12, 08:48 am

bigtex75081 wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:I'm not a Texans-lover but it's hard not to be impressed with what Hassan Nazari has done. About 25 years ago (I tried to find the founding date but couldn't immediately find it) the Texans weren't even in existance and now it is consistently ranked as one of the top clubs in the country.

It should also be noted that the Texans were one of the first, if not the first, club to field multiple teams in each age group. Before the Texans started doing that each club had only 1 team in each division. (Back then there there were just a lot more clubs. Some were good. Some were bad. But there were a lot of options on the club level to pick from.)

Soccerwinner
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerwinner 07/03/12, 08:50 am

Soccerwinner
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 07/03/12, 08:51 am

while other club/coaches were recruiting players hn was recruiting clubs and coaches. He may have conceived the idea when he was accused of stealing players/teams from the club he originally coached for, Storm back in the 90s. I believe he took the 83 and another storm team to form the original Texan club. He then started the ball rolling wrt recruiting a coach and then the coach would bring his team(s)to the club. Sometimes he could recruit the top coach from another club which would eliminate his competition,(Hudgell from Comets was one).There were also several mergers the first big one I can think of was the Hawks Club out of lewisville (Ahmed was DOC) that became texans west. There seemed to be several from S.Dallas esp when HN would recruit the team's top players to the txns and then the coach of the depleated team would bring his team under the banner of Texans S, or Texans white. Many of these coaches were given an increase in pay to make the move, drawing the ire of NTX clubs. Things that we now consider commonplace were actually looked upon as unethical back then. Other entities with unstable finances also looked for stability and moved to the club. This is very general, other posters should be able to add more details to this..
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerwinner 07/03/12, 09:04 am

The total story can be found if you google the below topic. Read the article it is pretty interesting.

how did the texans grow because of the dallas hornets and schellas hyndman

Soccerwinner
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 07/03/12, 09:30 am

Soccerwinner wrote:The total story can be found if you google the below topic. Read the article it is pretty interesting.

Why did you answer your own question? Are you trolling for something?
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by butt3r 07/03/12, 09:41 am

Uncle Numanga wrote:
Soccerwinner wrote:The total story can be found if you google the below topic. Read the article it is pretty interesting.

I think he meant this link...

http://www.scsoccer.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=70685&page=90&fpart=all&vc=1

butt3r
butt3r
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by footballfanatic 07/03/12, 09:47 am

I guess it takes a while to explain how to play kick ball up to your fast forward. Very Happy

People may not like Hassan but he changed the select and academy landscape here in Dallas. Yes, he taught his teams how to foul excessively, hired David May and came up with bling t-shirts. There is a special place in heaven for this guy. and get and The clubs that want to battle him every step of the way are now copying him and the model he created.
[b]

footballfanatic
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by butt3r 07/03/12, 09:51 am

David May came up from Sting and I am not sure he ever was directly hired by the Texans. He was almost an independent the last 5 years that just fed his academy teams to the Texans. I know he didn't run Texan formations...he really just did his own thing.
butt3r
butt3r
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerwinner 07/03/12, 10:17 am

I am simply amazed at what he has accomplished with the texans he is no dummy. I was googling and came across that. I thought I would share with all.

Soccerwinner
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 07/03/12, 11:00 am

butt3r wrote:David May came up from Sting and I am not sure he ever was directly hired by the Texans. He was almost an independent the last 5 years that just fed his academy teams to the Texans. I know he didn't run Texan formations...he really just did his own thing.

If only to be accurate, DM was training kids well before he went to Sting (probably started around the time his dd started soccer). The majority of those kids went on to play, as a team, with the Texans at U11. Then he went to Sting (when the 95s were U10) and then eventually back to the Texans.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronaldhinofan 07/03/12, 12:08 pm

The '82 Dallas Texans Red Team are the team that put this club on the map on a national level.

Ronaldhinofan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bionic Cat 07/03/12, 12:44 pm

Meow.
Bionic Cat
Bionic Cat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AbEnd 07/03/12, 03:19 pm

butt3r wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:

http://www.scsoccer.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=70685&page=90&fpart=all&vc=1

That SC soccer thread is from July 2006. lol!

AbEnd
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 07/03/12, 05:23 pm

AbEnd wrote:
butt3r wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:

That SC soccer thread is from July 2006. lol!

Your point being?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down