North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

If you had to go to another team--which one and why? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

If you had to go to another team--which one and why?

Go down

If you had to go to another team--which one and why? Empty If you had to go to another team--which one and why?

Post by USA203 07/03/12, 10:40 am

Stolen from another board. This one is for FUN and to maybe get people talking about OTHER teams and coaches they appreciate and enjoy playing against. If your entire team, coach and club moved to Holland and no one was left except your DD--what team would you consider joining? Or what coach or club? And why?

If you want to pump up your own team or club please don't login as guest to do that (although feel free to do so if you are paranoid that your own coach will think you're moving, ha)--if you want to give props to your own team or club just feel free to name them first and market them and then move on to respond about other teams/clubs. And because I'M paranoid, I'm not posting this because WE are looking for a team for our DD, we are very happy where we are.

USA203
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

If you had to go to another team--which one and why? Empty Re: If you had to go to another team--which one and why?

Post by USA203 07/03/12, 10:50 am

I'll start. I think we would like to maybe play with the Liverpool Barnes team--mostly because we had the chance to meet some of their players and parents. Their ball control skills were so good and I'd be looking for very good basic skills in whatever team we joined where it was obvious they were being coached that way. And, here's a surprise, a high level rec team named "Power Puff" girls--they play in PSA and play in the Academy division and do very well. I had the chance to meet some of their players and parents at a clinic and I was very impressed with the way they are independently developing their girls and being competitive with the club teams while making it fun with their name, shirts, etc.

Oh, and I'd sit on the sidelines during a game or two--all parents are intense and sometimes there is "this one" but if they were all awful then I' run away fast :0

USA203
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

If you had to go to another team--which one and why? Empty Re: If you had to go to another team--which one and why?

Post by Guest 12/03/12, 06:59 pm

This is an interesting topic cause we're so new to the club soccer world. I've seen some really great teams with horrible parents and I've seen some mediocre teams with great parents and I've seen a rare few great teams with great parents. If we were forced to leave the team we're currently on I think it's safe to say my daughter would likely stop playing soccer because of the years she already has in with the players on her current team and the camaraderie they've developed. These players trust each other and we have been blessed with a super bunch of parents but since this is about the teams we would likely go to I would say we would have to look long and hard at the players parents and whether the coaches are truly there to teach the kids or to just cherry pick a team that wins all the time and teaches nothing about losses and sportsmanship. I know there are a ton of Liverpool teams and we have friends that either know coaches or players on those teams and they speak highly of a few of them. I might look around within that huge team conglomerate first to find the right fit - I also realize it's about try-outs so my kiddo likely wouldn't get to choose the team she'd play on at this level but we'd likely give one of the Liverpool teams a look first...

Also, they're closest to home as well... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by melamamas 12/03/12, 08:14 pm

USA203 wrote:I'll start. I think we would like to maybe play with the Liverpool Barnes team--mostly because we had the chance to meet some of their players and parents. Their ball control skills were so good and I'd be looking for very good basic skills in whatever team we joined where it was obvious they were being coached that way. And, here's a surprise, a high level rec team named "Power Puff" girls--they play in PSA and play in the Academy division and do very well. I had the chance to meet some of their players and parents at a clinic and I was very impressed with the way they are independently developing their girls and being competitive with the club teams while making it fun with their name, shirts, etc.

Oh, and I'd sit on the sidelines during a game or two--all parents are intense and sometimes there is "this one" but if they were all awful then I' run away fast :0

4-5 power-puff girls players play with sting mabey even more

melamamas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by USA203 12/03/12, 10:33 pm

Cool, someone responded to my post and it wasn't even about rankings!

This is an interesting topic cause we're so new to the club soccer world. I've seen some really great teams with horrible parents and I've seen some mediocre teams with great parents and I've seen a rare few great teams with great parents.

I'm thinking the great teams with great parents are all full! I have to say that I'm pretty easy going even though I do want my dd to be on a competitive team that challenges her. But if the team had truly awful parents I couldn't take it even if my dd liked it--life is short and sometimes parents get their say too Smile

What other teams--anyone? Another team you admire?

USA203
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by USA203 12/03/12, 10:40 pm

Ok, but I think they were first Power Puff Girls and then started Sting later? Anyway, the PP uniforms and team name are still WAY cooler than Sting and I think they are a cool team.

USA203
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TBGsoccer 12/03/12, 11:52 pm

USA203 wrote:

Ok, but I think they were first Power Puff Girls and then started Sting later? Anyway, the PP uniforms and team name are still WAY cooler than Sting and I think they are a cool team.

I think your right, because I tried to recruit '2 girls from power puffs and the parents said they just joined sting...If you have an 04',05, or 07' you should come check our teams out, competitive group of girls and great parents.
TBGsoccer
TBGsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 13/03/12, 09:06 am

TBGsoccer wrote:
USA203 wrote:

I think your right, because I tried to recruit '2 girls from power puffs and the parents said they just joined sting...If you have an 04',05, or 07' you should come check our teams out, competitive group of girls and great parents.

Maybe I'm not up on all the rules, but are coaches suppose to actively recruit players from other academy teams and let it be known that they are doing it? I mean I know it happens in the real world, but I thought it was suppose to be left to the manager and parents to do the recruiting, because coaches weren't allowed! Like I said...I might be wrong, but if this is the rule...then the Texans might not like you posting that you are trying to recruit girls directly from a academy league team.

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 13/03/12, 12:32 pm

RoidRage wrote:
TBGsoccer wrote:
USA203 wrote:

Maybe I'm not up on all the rules, but are coaches suppose to actively recruit players from other academy teams and let it be known that they are doing it? I mean I know it happens in the real world, but I thought it was suppose to be left to the manager and parents to do the recruiting, because coaches weren't allowed! Like I said...I might be wrong, but if this is the rule...then the Texans might not like you posting that you are trying to recruit girls directly from a academy league team.

You are completely wrong. That is the great thing about academy. Almost no rules. Play on multiple teams, multiple leagues. You can only have one practice a week but absolutely as many "skill sessions" as you want. Unless of course you don't even bother to register with NTX then you can do whatever you want as there is no governing body. Want to recruit, fine. Want to cut mid season, thats fine too. Bcakground checks, bylaws and rules,A&D hearings, player insurance, who needs all those hassles?

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 13/03/12, 01:21 pm

You are completely wrong. That is the great thing about academy. Almost no rules. Play on multiple teams, multiple leagues. You can only have one practice a week but absolutely as many "skill sessions" as you want. Unless of course you don't even bother to register with NTX then you can do whatever you want as there is no governing body. Want to recruit, fine. Want to cut mid season, thats fine too. Bcakground checks, bylaws and rules,A&D hearings, player insurance, who needs all those hassles?

Its like an unwritten rule. You dont really see the coaches doing it publicly, but its done. A coach will speak with a parent on his team that knows the kids parent of the other team - "Do you think they will like to make a change and play with us?" Blah, Blah, Blah.. But must of it are done by the parents..

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 13/03/12, 02:15 pm

my2cents wrote:
RoidRage wrote:
TBGsoccer wrote:
USA203 wrote:

You can only have one practice a week but absolutely as many "skill sessions" as you want.

Just curious, what is the difference between a practice and a skills session? Also, are roster sizes limited? Is academy under NTSSA?
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 13/03/12, 02:42 pm

my2cents wrote:
RoidRage wrote:
TBGsoccer wrote:
USA203 wrote:

After you said "I was completely wrong", I went to the North Texas Soccer Association website and found this rule...right there I big bold print.

Rule 3.10.3 Section 8 states- Recruiting is not allowed on soccer academy teams. Soccer academy is to be used for training, not recruiting.

Now like I said before, we all know it happens, but they usually don't come on a forum and admit it. You are correct that kids can play on as many teams as they want, but it appears it is up to the kid to go out and search for the team and not the coach to go out and search for the kid. I am also pretty sure the Dallas Texans are a member of NTSA so these rules probably pertain to them.

I knew I had heard this rule before and that is why most coaches usually leave the "actual contact" recruiting to the parents. So it seems that I wasn't "completely wrong"!

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by melamamas 13/03/12, 03:03 pm

Why would you want to make something out of nothing? The coach probably just invited girls out to his practice and that's it.sounds to me like you have something against this coach or the Texans. Your probably one of those parents that likes to sneak around and steal players from other academy teams.
Plus power-puff girls are a rec. Team

melamamas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by USA203 13/03/12, 03:21 pm

This one is for FUN and to maybe get people talking about OTHER teams and coaches they appreciate and enjoy playing against

Okay.....I'm giving up--hey, I tried!

USA203
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 13/03/12, 03:22 pm

melamamas wrote:Why would you want to make something out of nothing? The coach probably just invited girls out to his practice and that's it.sounds to me like you have something against this coach or the Texans. Your probably one of those parents that likes to sneak around and steal players from other academy teams.
Plus power-puff girls are a rec. Team

I'm not the one that said He recruited the girls... Your coach said it himself. Also, in the rules it doesn't differ between Academy or Rec...it just say recruiting isn't allowed on Soccer academy teams...isn't DTN an academy team? And why are you trying to point fingers at me like I'm "sneaking around and stealing players"...your coach is the one that is doing that very thing that your accusing me of and he admitted to it in his post.

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by melamamas 13/03/12, 03:51 pm

USA203 wrote:
This one is for FUN and to maybe get people talking about OTHER teams and coaches they appreciate and enjoy playing against

You did try, but roidrage didn't get laid last night so he is alittle grumpy at the moment. Roidrage I hook you up for $50.00. And 50 extra for a blonde. king

melamamas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 13/03/12, 04:01 pm

melamamas wrote:
USA203 wrote:

You did try, but roidrage didn't get laid last night so he is alittle grumpy at the moment. Roidrage I hook you up for $50.00. And 50 extra for a blonde. king

USA203-I guess I did kinda get your thread hijacked. I'm sorry I didn't intend for that to happen. I just thought it was Wierd that the coach said what he did.

Melamamas- like you have room to talk. Check out the other 04 thread that was about rankings that you turned into a Liverpool conspiracy to rule the soccer galaxy. You are the last one that needs to point fingers.

Sorry again USA203

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by melamamas 13/03/12, 04:16 pm

RoidRage wrote:
melamamas wrote:
USA203 wrote:

USA203-I guess I did kinda get your thread hijacked. I'm sorry I didn't intend for that to happen. I just thought it was Wierd that the coach said what he did.

Melamamas- like you have room to talk. Check out the other 04 thread that was about rankings that you turned into a Liverpool conspiracy to rule the soccer galaxy. You are the last one that needs to point fingers.

Sorry again USA203

I did stir things up I just wanted to know if it was true
And it wasn't on an 04' thread
It was in the academy thread.
after I posted I sat back and laughed at everyone's responses. If can't read the forum without getting mad don't read it,most of the post on here are BS anyways.

melamamas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by USA203 13/03/12, 04:54 pm

No problemo, I actually laughed too! I felt sure that a thread about a team called "Power Puff Girls" could not possibly lead to controversy Smile When we were in Rec I remembered thinking how DO you find a good "higher level" rec team? Ask around or what? So we went Academy eventually--since there is organized info out there on teams and coaches you can find a team more easily that fits what you're looking for.

USA203
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 13/03/12, 06:25 pm

RoidRage wrote:
my2cents wrote:
RoidRage wrote:
TBGsoccer wrote:
USA203 wrote:

After you said "I was completely wrong", I went to the North Texas Soccer Association website and found this rule...right there I big bold print.

Rule 3.10.3 Section 8 states- Recruiting is not allowed on soccer academy teams. Soccer academy is to be used for training, not recruiting.

Now like I said before, we all know it happens, but they usually don't come on a forum and admit it. You are correct that kids can play on as many teams as they want, but it appears it is up to the kid to go out and search for the team and not the coach to go out and search for the kid. I am also pretty sure the Dallas Texans are a member of NTSA so these rules probably pertain to them.

I knew I had heard this rule before and that is why most coaches usually leave the "actual contact" recruiting to the parents. So it seems that I wasn't "completely wrong"!

Many or most of the academy leagues do not belong to NTSSA. Clubs do not belong or not belong to NTSSA. If you play in a NTSSA santioned league then you register thru your local NTSSA rec association. If the team does not play in a NTSSA league then you just give the league what it requires and then do whatever you like.
To the question about the difference between practices and skills sessions; there is no difference it is just a way of circumventing the one practice rule.

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Conjigulations 14/03/12, 09:20 am

USA203 wrote:

I know this team. They've been playing PSA for like 2 years now. All of these girls go to school together and the coaches are just dads. Some of them are now also playing with Sting and I think another one has joined Texans now. I love the uniforms! Never have to worry about a jersey conflict.

Conjigulations
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum