North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Team most likely to bust before QT Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Team most likely to bust before QT

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Team most likely to bust before QT Empty Team most likely to bust before QT

Post by OOrah 26/03/12, 01:42 pm

Here's a good chat topic. What team do you think will fall apart and not make come qualifying time. And why? Include why cuz it makes for far more entertaining forums.
OOrah
OOrah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Team most likely to bust before QT Empty Re: Team most likely to bust before QT

Post by imasoccerfreak 27/03/12, 10:09 am

Sorry, but I doubt anyone - even on this forum - would be so tacky as to name a team likely to bust. That's just too low, even for scandal mongers.

imasoccerfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by polarEYEz'd 27/03/12, 10:46 am

YMCA Roadrunners - My dd's old rec team. It doesn’t look good. A few girls joined Coach Tom's 02 Polaris team and I heard some were interested in Texas Lightning. From what I can tell their reign of dominance in central Arlington is about over... too much politics and overzealous parents has brought them to their end (not really) or maybe it was just time to move on,, either way their picture hangs amongst the trophies and they will not be forgotten

RRRRRRRRROADRUNNERS!!
polarEYEz'd
polarEYEz'd
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by butt3r 27/03/12, 10:57 am

Men's USA U-23 team?
butt3r
butt3r
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesWideOpen 27/03/12, 10:58 am

butt3r wrote:Men's USA U-23 team?

cheers cheers
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pringlelover 27/03/12, 11:06 am

Ok I'll bite.
I dont doubt a few top teams will have drastic changes making not causing them to bust but lose enough people to effect the overall strength of the team.
Cause- problem parents
Cause- coach catering to problem parents

pringlelover
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by javajake 27/03/12, 11:41 am

imasoccerfreak wrote:Sorry, but I doubt anyone - even on this forum - would be so tacky as to name a team likely to bust. That's just too low, even for scandal mongers.

Just wait. As qualifying get close, things change.

Right now, I do wonder if Searls having two teams makes sense. Seems like they barely have enough kids for one. I heard a rumor that they have about 20. Can anyone confirm how many are there? If they have 25, they have a chance, but 20, no way it works out for the Royal team. Not being tacky but you gotta have 14 minimum to play in Lake Highlands, most will have 16 per team, no sharing allowed. That means you would need 28 - 32 on two teams now, to then be happy in June. Recruiting 8 good players with only a few months left is not easy stuff.
javajake
javajake
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 27/03/12, 11:48 am

javajake wrote:
imasoccerfreak wrote:Sorry, but I doubt anyone - even on this forum - would be so tacky as to name a team likely to bust. That's just too low, even for scandal mongers.

Right now, I do wonder if Searls having two teams makes sense. Seems like they barely have enough kids for one. I heard a rumor that they have about 20. Can anyone confirm how many are there? If they have 25, they have a chance, but 20, no way it works out for the Royal team. Not being tacky but you gotta have 14 minimum to play in Lake Highlands, most will have 16 per team, no sharing allowed. That means you would need 28 - 32 on two teams now, to then be happy in June. Recruiting 8 good players with only a few months left is not easy stuff.

Sting is a very well respected girls club. I have no doubt they can pull it off. I think they should be able to pick up 8-10+ players between now and signing day.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by butt3r 27/03/12, 01:12 pm

javajake wrote:

My DD's team went into LHGCL with 14 last season and it was fine. I think 12 is all you need for PPL, so maybe he only needs to pick up a small group. There is bound to be someone out there who doesn't make and all but a few players will go to where they know there is room instead of trying to take someone's spot on a team close in numbers.
butt3r
butt3r
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/03/12, 02:38 pm

jj4mel wrote:
javajake wrote:

Sting is a very well respected girls club. I have no doubt they can pull it off. I think they should be able to pick up 8-10+ players between now and signing day.

Agree that Sting is well respected, but not immune to these type of issues. Their #2 '01 team went "KABOOM" on June 1 of last year when the coach that was supposed to take them to select suddenly quit.

From direct observation of the '01's and anecdotes from older age groups, it is highly likely that at least 1-2 teams that would currently be considered locks for LHGCL, will end up not making it to QT. It could be a team that many currently consider to be "shaky" or be relying on frequent guests to make numbers for Spring games, but it could just as likely be a team that everyone thinks is "solid" right now and will leave everyone going affraid when it happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 27/03/12, 02:53 pm

bwgophers wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
javajake wrote:

Agree that Sting is well respected, but not immune to these type of issues. Their #2 '01 team went "KABOOM" on June 1 of last year when the coach that was supposed to take them to select suddenly quit.

From direct observation of the '01's and anecdotes from older age groups, it is highly likely that at least 1-2 teams that would currently be considered locks for LHGCL, will end up not making it to QT. It could be a team that many currently consider to be "shaky" or be relying on frequent guests to make numbers for Spring games, but it could just as likely be a team that everyone thinks is "solid" right now and will leave everyone going affraid when it happens.

Thanks for the post bwgophers . . . Let's dial up the drama and tension for all those wound up 02 parents as we wait for July to arrive. Why is the qualifying tournament starting to seem something like a non-lethal Hunger Games for the youth soccer community?

Maybe someone could turn it into a reality TV show - who will survive??????

Last edited by oldboot on 27/03/12, 03:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 27/03/12, 02:56 pm

oldboot wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
javajake wrote:

Thanks for the post bwgophers . . . Let's dial up the drama and tension for all those wound-up 02 parents as we wait for July to arrive. Why is the qualifying tournament starting to seem something like a non-lethal Hunger Games for the youth soccer community?

Reality TV!!?? Now why didn't I think of that!!?? Dang!!

Real Soccer of DFW. Starring DM & KW as your hosts!!

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 27/03/12, 03:07 pm

jj4mel wrote:
oldboot wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
javajake wrote:

Thanks for the post bwgophers . . . Let's dial up the drama and tension for all those wound-up 02 parents as we wait for July to arrive. Why is the qualifying tournament starting to seem something like a non-lethal Hunger Games for the youth soccer community?

Reality TV!!?? Now why didn't I think of that!!?? Dang!!

Real Soccer of DFW. Starring DM & KW as your hosts!!

The ratings would be huge!
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by javajake 27/03/12, 03:31 pm

oldboot wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
javajake wrote:

Thanks for the post bwgophers . . . Let's dial up the drama and tension for all those wound up 02 parents as we wait for July to arrive. Why is the qualifying tournament starting to seem something like a non-lethal Hunger Games for the youth soccer community?

Non-lethal? What are you saying? 10 year old soccer is life and death. Its the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. The ratings would be higher than the London Olympics!

If you are old enough, here is 30 seconds down memory lane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2AZH4FeGsc
javajake
javajake
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/03/12, 06:52 pm

OOrah wrote:Here's a good chat topic. What team do you think will fall apart and not make come qualifying time. And why? Include why cuz it makes for far more entertaining forums.

I'll say FCD Premier... Why? Because Grubb is a complete and utter tool... I know in my heart it won't happen but i can dream can't I?

Second choice- FCD Renfro. Why? Because they are the best '02 team in the league and they need to bust for the rest to even have a shot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/03/12, 07:09 pm

oldboot wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
javajake wrote:

By the way, the story about the Sting Shephard team that went "boom" on June 1 last year has a happy ending... I believe that every player from that team who wanted to, found a home on another team, and >75% of those ended up on other teams that qualified for D1 LHGCL. To my knowledge, the majority of those players are also quite happy with their new teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 27/03/12, 07:13 pm

Dang - you spoiled the ending. I was about to buy last season's DVD

oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheEasterBunny 27/03/12, 08:58 pm

thumperhulk wrote:
OOrah wrote:Here's a good chat topic. What team do you think will fall apart and not make come qualifying time. And why? Include why cuz it makes for far more entertaining forums.

I'll say FCD Premier... Why? Because Grubb is a complete and utter tool... I know in my heart it won't happen but i can dream can't I?

Second choice- FCD Renfro. Why? Because they are the best '02 team in the league and they need to bust for the rest to even have a shot.

I have only met Coach Grubb once after a game, and they practice way to far from us to consider playing for him....so I don't really know if he is a "tool" or not. But, what I do know Thumper is, I have been reading your many posts and I can gather that if you look at the quote highlighted in read above, there is another quote that comes to mind...and that is "It takes one, to know one".

Seriously dude. Your lame posts are giving us rabbits a bad name. Quit it!
TheEasterBunny
TheEasterBunny
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/03/12, 10:06 pm

TheEasterBunny wrote:
thumperhulk wrote:

I have only met Coach Grubb once after a game, and they practice way to far from us to consider playing for him....so I don't really know if he is a "tool" or not. But, what I do know Thumper is, I have been reading your many posts and I can gather that if you look at the quote highlighted in read above, there is another quote that comes to mind...and that is "It takes one, to know one".

Well... in taking your quote to heart and by the looks of your profile pic you must know a pedophile when you see one. If that's really you in the bunny suit then you are raising every red flag in the "How to Identify a Pedophile" handbook.

Secondly, I doubt you have actually met Grubb face to face, much less qualify to play for a team at that level. Please give serious contributions only to the discussion. Otherwise step off your little soap box and get out of the way. The rest of us have serious prognosticating to attend to.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheEasterBunny 27/03/12, 10:15 pm

thumperhulk wrote:
TheEasterBunny wrote:
thumperhulk wrote:

Well... in taking your quote to heart and by the looks of your profile pic you must know a pedophile when you see one. If that's really you in the bunny suit then you are raising every red flag in the "How to Identify a Pedophile" handbook.

Secondly, I doubt you have actually met Grubb face to face, much less qualify to play for a team at that level. Please give serious contributions only to the discussion. Otherwise step off your little soap box and get out of the way. The rest of us have serious prognosticating to attend to.

Such a pre"dick"table response.
TheEasterBunny
TheEasterBunny
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo&TheBunnyMen 28/03/12, 08:06 am

TheEasterBunny wrote:
thumperhulk wrote:
TheEasterBunny wrote:
thumperhulk wrote:

News Flash: TheEasterBunny=thumperhulk
We all know you are a big club hater... We get it. NOW STOP
Echo&TheBunnyMen
Echo&TheBunnyMen
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by footprints 28/03/12, 09:01 am

thumperhulk wrote:

FCD Renfro is the best team in which league?

footprints
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim 28/03/12, 09:03 am

Echo&TheBunnyMen wrote:
TheEasterBunny wrote:
thumperhulk wrote:
TheEasterBunny wrote:
thumperhulk wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
Slim
Slim
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheEasterBunny 28/03/12, 09:12 am

Echo&TheBunnyMen wrote:
TheEasterBunny wrote:
thumperhulk wrote:
TheEasterBunny wrote:
thumperhulk wrote:

Not true and, I am very insulted to be mistaken for a poster that spews such nonsense.
TheEasterBunny
TheEasterBunny
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo&TheBunnyMen 28/03/12, 02:37 pm

Which half of your Leporids side is offended? Thumper or Bunny
Echo&TheBunnyMen
Echo&TheBunnyMen
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker