North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Polaris Rumor! - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Polaris Rumor!

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Polaris Rumor! - Page 2 Empty Re: Polaris Rumor!

Post by Guest 18/04/12, 12:52 pm

Lovemy02dd wrote:
02Dad wrote:
Lovemy02dd wrote:My buddies DD is that team and they have 13 committed on the team as of right now. That is fact! All this other stuff is complete RUMOR and nonsense.

13 committed to what team? FC Dallas with Coach Eloyd. All the other stuff is not worth commenting on, because I am not on the team.

The parents can clarify that on the forum if they choose to, just adding what I know is fact. The parents made the decision, not the manager.
yes he was..... along with the former mgr who was let go months ago. That's a fact and the whole Polaris crew knows it. Funny that they (old mgr) would end up joining back up on same team if she had not hand in this. Bottom line is AF tried to make the team better through coaching, playing a lot of soccer and some recruiting. Some people dont like the fact that new girls were brought in from time to time to see if they would be a good fit for the team, they were intimidated by competition.. Parents rallied to cause trouble and some left because the majority left and they would be out in the cold without a team if they stayed. I'd say 3/4 girls might have shot at better teams if willing to travel -STING , FEET, FEVER all looking to add.

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 18/04/12, 12:53 pm

If you guys are jumping and running now, you're really in trouble during May and June. Shocked
The same uncommitted parents that are bailing will do the same thing this summer.
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/04/12, 12:55 pm

Its Me wrote:If you guys are jumping and running now, you're really in trouble during May and June. Shocked
The same uncommitted parents that are bailing will do the same thing this summer.
you hit the nail on the head-many of these parents are fairly new when it comes to select-they will live and learn but it might be a long first year!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/04/12, 01:01 pm

Its Me wrote:If you guys are jumping and running now, you're really in trouble during May and June. Shocked

Why should any parent be committed to any certain team? I am going to do what is best for my kid, not the team. I would expect all other parents to do the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/04/12, 01:08 pm

ohyeah wrote:
Lovemy02dd wrote:
02Dad wrote:
Lovemy02dd wrote:My buddies DD is that team and they have 13 committed on the team as of right now. That is fact! All this other stuff is complete RUMOR and nonsense.

13 committed to what team? FC Dallas with Coach Eloyd. All the other stuff is not worth commenting on, because I am not on the team.

The parents can clarify that on the forum if they choose to, just adding what I know is fact. The parents made the decision, not the manager.
yes he was..... along with the former mgr who was let go months ago. That's a fact and the whole Polaris crew knows it. Funny that they (old mgr) would end up joining back up on same team if she had not hand in this. Bottom line is AF tried to make the team better through coaching, playing a lot of soccer and some recruiting. Some people dont like the fact that new girls were brought in from time to time to see if they would be a good fit for the team, they were intimidated by competition.. Parents rallied to cause trouble and some left because the majority left and they would be out in the cold without a team if they stayed. I'd say 3/4 girls might have shot at better teams if willing to travel -STING , FEET, FEVER all looking to add.
I dont think David Koresh or Charles Manson was the manager and brain washed all the Polaris parents. Saw the writing on the wall and bailed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/04/12, 01:27 pm

Lovemy02dd wrote:
ohyeah wrote:
Lovemy02dd wrote:
02Dad wrote:

I dont think David Koresh or Charles Manson was the manager and brain washed all the Polaris parents. Saw the writing on the wall and bailed.
02Dad, seems like you were brainwashed by AF!

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Dad 18/04/12, 01:30 pm

Lovemy02dd wrote:
Lovemy02dd wrote:
ohyeah wrote:
Lovemy02dd wrote:
02Dad wrote:

Really?

I said he was a good guy and worked hard. Are you disputing that?
02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 18/04/12, 01:31 pm

Lovemy02dd wrote:
ohyeah wrote:
Lovemy02dd wrote:
02Dad wrote:

Didn't he use to coach for "Waco Blast"?
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/04/12, 01:33 pm

02Dad wrote:
Lovemy02dd wrote:
Lovemy02dd wrote:
ohyeah wrote:
Lovemy02dd wrote:
02Dad wrote:

Really?

No not all, have no idea. I'm sure he was. Sorry if I mistook you for the one that wrote all the info regarding the manager. Looks like they piggy backed off your post. Sorry!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/04/12, 01:44 pm

Lovemy02dd wrote:
02Dad wrote:
Lovemy02dd wrote:
Lovemy02dd wrote:
ohyeah wrote:
Lovemy02dd wrote:
02Dad wrote:

Really?

No not all, have no idea. I'm sure he was. Sorry if I mistook you for the one that wrote all the info regarding the manager. Looks like they piggy backed off your post. Sorry!
Sorry, was referring to highlighted blue area.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/04/12, 01:45 pm

Its Me wrote:
Lovemy02dd wrote:
ohyeah wrote:
Lovemy02dd wrote:
02Dad wrote:

Didn't he use to coach for "Waco Blast"?
Maybe so, saw what happened to the ones who stayed with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim 18/04/12, 01:48 pm

Lovemy02dd wrote:
ohyeah wrote:
Lovemy02dd wrote:
02Dad wrote:

Is Koresh forming a new team? I hear he is really strong on skills.
Slim
Slim
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/04/12, 01:51 pm

Slim wrote:
Lovemy02dd wrote:
ohyeah wrote:
Lovemy02dd wrote:
02Dad wrote:

l

Is Koresh forming a new team? I hear he is really strong on skills.
LOL!! I hear Manson is due to be released soon. Maybe he can have a team ready before QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Grassstain 18/04/12, 02:22 pm

WOW!! I certainly didn't mean to stir anything up, however here is my two cents.

Some things in life are black or white, and so are easy to make decisions about. A juggernaut is speeding towards you. You want to live. You jump out of the way and you know unequivocally you have made the right decision.

So much of life is ambiguous. Sometimes both decisions would have been right or wrong… to some extent. If we wait for absolute certainty before acting then we may never act. Sometimes there are no 'right' decisions, only different or alternate decisions. Trying to make the 'right' decision assumes that life is always simple or even simplistic. But some people respond to decision making time like a rabbit snared in the headlights of a fast approaching car.

Having children means constantly making decisions. What will they eat, when will they sleep, how will we respond to their behavior, what will we let them touch, where will they play, what will they watch, it goes on and on and on. These little people naturally aren’t mature enough to make adult decisions for themselves, so it’s up to us to be their leaders. Even letting them choose what they do, is a decision in itself. Throughout the whole day, we are making decisions for our little ones. However, this shouldn’t be a reason for anxiety nor a reason for conflict.

If you’re a parent, like me, you might be analyzing and overanalyzing all the decisions that you make with your young child. We want to make the best choices to benefit our own kids now and in the long-run, hoping that if we make a “wrong” choice, it won’t mess them up forever! But really, are there any “wrong” choices?

All too often I think in terms of “right” and “wrong”. As if for each decision I make for my child, there is a “right” choice, and everything else is “wrong”. That is way too much pressure for any parent to face! Is there a “right” way to approach eating, sleeping, playing, dressing, socializing, and disciplining? No. Is there a “best” way? Yes.

I believe that when you make decisions for your children that you feel confident in, you’re making the “best” decisions for them. They might differ from a friend or relative’s decision, but that doesn’t make them wrong. That doesn’t make your friend or relative’s’ differing decisions wrong either.

I say Good Luck to everybody involved!
Grassstain
Grassstain
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 18/04/12, 02:22 pm

Same story, different team/year. The only thing I can tell the parents who follow a parent or group of parents who scheme behind the scenes is history shows it won't end here. Drama and BS will rule the day no matter what shirt the kids wear and at some point it will dissolve.

TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/04/12, 02:26 pm

Grassstain wrote:WOW!! I certainly didn't mean to stir anything up, however here is my two cents.

Some things in life are black or white, and so are easy to make decisions about. A juggernaut is speeding towards you. You want to live. You jump out of the way and you know unequivocally you have made the right decision.

So much of life is ambiguous. Sometimes both decisions would have been right or wrong… to some extent. If we wait for absolute certainty before acting then we may never act. Sometimes there are no 'right' decisions, only different or alternate decisions. Trying to make the 'right' decision assumes that life is always simple or even simplistic. But some people respond to decision making time like a rabbit snared in the headlights of a fast approaching car.

Having children means constantly making decisions. What will they eat, when will they sleep, how will we respond to their behavior, what will we let them touch, where will they play, what will they watch, it goes on and on and on. These little people naturally aren’t mature enough to make adult decisions for themselves, so it’s up to us to be their leaders. Even letting them choose what they do, is a decision in itself. Throughout the whole day, we are making decisions for our little ones. However, this shouldn’t be a reason for anxiety nor a reason for conflict.

If you’re a parent, like me, you might be analyzing and overanalyzing all the decisions that you make with your young child. We want to make the best choices to benefit our own kids now and in the long-run, hoping that if we make a “wrong” choice, it won’t mess them up forever! But really, are there any “wrong” choices?

All too often I think in terms of “right” and “wrong”. As if for each decision I make for my child, there is a “right” choice, and everything else is “wrong”. That is way too much pressure for any parent to face! Is there a “right” way to approach eating, sleeping, playing, dressing, socializing, and disciplining? No. Is there a “best” way? Yes.

I believe that when you make decisions for your children that you feel confident in, you’re making the “best” decisions for them. They might differ from a friend or relative’s decision, but that doesn’t make them wrong. That doesn’t make your friend or relative’s’ differing decisions wrong either.

I say Good Luck to everybody involved!

Beautiful. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by polarEYEz'd 18/04/12, 02:35 pm

To clarify;

I am not here to argue any side or point but just give some clarification on what actually happened. The purpose of this message board is for all of us to express our opinions and debate over the great wonders of 10 year old soccer.
Formally Polaris – Amos 02 team has switched the coach and club. (FC Dallas – Eloyd Rangel) The decision was not an easy one. We parents deliberated for numerous days to try and figure this out. For those who think one person manipulated this whole thing, you are wrong. And I am partially offend you would think I am so easy to just follow one person’s opinion. And to be specific the Manager was not the person who organized the move. No one person is responsible for this. Hopefully I can shed some light on the situation. There was never a panic or deep cry for help in the Polaris camp. The team was growing and facing all the normal challenges that a small club does when it gets close to signing. The parents organized a parent only meeting to voice their opinions on the future of the team. (There had been previous conversations on whether everybody was committed, we wanted to confront the rumors rather than let them grow) (So there was uncertainty in the air) At this meeting it was decided that we had several options (and yes sticking with Amos was one of them) Of these options we considered sticking with Amos, changing to a new coach already within Polaris, or looking to what qualified coaches may be available. No one ever showed up scream we need change. It was a meeting to determine the future and to give the parents the chance to say what their concerns were. (side note: This team has a very close group of parents, our girls have developed bonds that will last past the soccer field and hopefully into the future. Yes it is nice to dream, as to see this exact group continue forever but we all know that is not realistic. But what does matter are the relationships these girls have for each other and we as parents are just a side product of the girls’ friendships) Anyhow, as a group we decided to look at what our options were to bring in a different coach. I am not going to get on here and bash anyone or say negative things because believe me there wasn’t much said that was negative at any of these meetings. It wasn’t about a problem and “OH NO!” we have to fix it. It was about what can we do for our girls and is this the best we can do for them. No coach approached this team and asked to take it over. There was no outside influence. Eventually, there were 3 coaches contacted by the parents who we felt were very qualified. There were a few small practices to see how well these coaches would connect with the girls. In the end every parent had an opportunity to question the group and future coach. And yes some parents were more excited about the move than others. Every family made a decision for themselves. At the end of the day you cannot say this group did not upgrade at the coaching position. The same way, if 3 studs show up and want to be a part of Polaris (even right before signing), we all know, 3 girls would be out the door. Why? Because it is not fair to the rest of the girls on the field for that club to not want what is best for the team. This team wants what is best for the team. This team made a decision. Do we know if it will work out? No. Do we know what the future holds? No. All we know is we looked at options and made a decision. I have heard war stories of drama, lies, and people running around planting bad seeds in other people’s ears. That is not the case here. This was an open conversation, and I feel we handled the transition as best as we could.

Personally, my dd showed up to Amos fresh off the rec field. She lacked skills and training. Amos took her in and trained her well. I am very grateful for everything he has done. She would not have had the same opportunities with any other club. Amos was special, special to me, special to my dd. This was not easy for me. There were numerous parents torn when the final conversation was conducted. No decision was made out of spite or anger. Believe me everyone had great things to say about Amos. He is a remarkable man.

Moving forward is what this group will do. Eloyd has very high expectations of the girls and is committed to bringing out the best in them. It feels like a good move in my household. I can only speak for me. Will this whole thing even matter in a year? Will this team still be together? I don’t know.

I hope people can take a realistic look at the situation and before they bash, think to themselves “Maybe this group did put the girls first” “Maybe this wasn’t the same ol tale of a bad apple ruining the bunch” “Maybe the group got it right and didn’t play a bunch of games but rather confronted the situation and resolved it the best they could”
polarEYEz'd
polarEYEz'd
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sikfeet 18/04/12, 02:51 pm

Thanks for the clarification polarEYEz'd. I feel it was much needed. I wish the best for these girls and may you guys continue to put the girls first.
sikfeet
sikfeet
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 18/04/12, 03:31 pm

Thanks for the explanation. All and all I think you got an excellent coach for the girls.

I've never had a kid play for him however, I do know him personally and have nothing but good things to say.
Not only will they learn and become skillful but their soccer IQ will increase.
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/04/12, 03:37 pm

Fair enough- but since he's a remarkable man who taught your dd so much, and brought your team to the top ten.Whyd
you leave? Sounds like it was the coach,since one option was to stay with Polaris and go to a different coach. AF does have an older team he's had quite a while - so it cant be that he cant coach older girls? -to Polareyezed

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesWideOpen 18/04/12, 03:50 pm

I have been going back and forth on whether to weign in on this today.

I think Polareyzed expressed the situation pretty fairly.

Out of respect to Amos and other parents I will not go itno many details abou this decision.

First I want to thank Amos for being our coach and my family, especially my daughter, enjoyed being a part of his team and my daughter learned a lot from Amos. And I hope we remain friends following this.

I try to teach my children to think for themselves and not blindly follow others and this situation is no different. No one parent caused the majority of the team to decide to move.

When you get a group of 15 or 16 parents together you will not get a consensus on most topics. Give it a try and let me know how it turns out. There was an agreement among most of the parents that we wanted to keep our kids together and there was disagreement concering the best environment for our kids going forward to keep progressing and enjoying the game. Obviously people had different ideas and they were discussed as a group and a decision was made.

It was not an easy decision for my family, and it has really bothered me this week. I don't think there was a clear cut right choice, but after talking about this with my daghter and asking what was important to her, keeping my dd with her teammates was the right decision I think at this time.

I have never experienced this competitive soccer thing before and I can definitely say it is never boring.
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 18/04/12, 04:02 pm

It's never an easy decision when you have a make a change. Especially when you have someone that respect as a coach and friend.
Unfortunately, you have to do what you think is in the best interest in your DD life. This is not the first time a team has made a coaching change and it "will not" be the last.

Get some sleep tonight Very Happy

Welcome to NTX soccer!
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by polarEYEz'd 18/04/12, 04:24 pm

ohyeah wrote:Fair enough- but since he's a remarkable man who taught your dd so much, and brought your team to the top ten.Whyd
you leave? Sounds like it was the coach,since one option was to stay with Polaris and go to a different coach. AF does have an older team he's had quite a while - so it cant be that he cant coach older girls? -to Polareyezed

Like I said it was an opportunity to grow and change is a part of growing.

I can only hope my dd will continue to grow.
I dont think you understand how hard of a decision it was. Amos is a friend.
polarEYEz'd
polarEYEz'd
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/04/12, 05:03 pm

Grassstain wrote:Anybody know if the rumor about Polaris moving to FC Dallas with the mighty Eloyd Rangel is true? If it is, that could be something to keep an eye on.
LOVE the name Grasstain!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by BackDraft 18/04/12, 05:06 pm

polarEYEz'd wrote:
ohyeah wrote:Fair enough- but since he's a remarkable man who taught your dd so much, and brought your team to the top ten.Whyd

Really a friend?????? I think a friend would have let him know right away.

If you think that FC Dallas south was a choice of "I am doing what is best for my kid choice". You will learn that was not the best thing for the team. Funny thing is that all the Polaris players just became numbers & pay checks for someone or club! Way to go knuckle heads!!
BackDraft
BackDraft
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by goalgetter 18/04/12, 06:44 pm

BackDraft wrote:
polarEYEz'd wrote:

Really a friend?????? I think a friend would have let him know right away.

If you think that FC Dallas south was a choice of "I am doing what is best for my kid choice". You will learn that was not the best thing for the team. Funny thing is that all the Polaris players just became numbers & pay checks for someone or club! Way to go knuckle heads!!
Backdraft you are an idiot. How can you be so sure that this is not the best thing for us? So if we stayed at Polaris our checks would get to stay with us? Was it going to be free? So your point is what? Screw us for wanting more for our DD. You can not fault us for seeking a higher level of training. One of the reasons for the move is that. Polaris was in the process of taking this team away from AF. Polaris itself thought AF was not a good fit. So was we suppose to sit back and let Polaris decide our fate or whomever they felt like coaching our DD's? To that we say HELL NO!! There is no one else that could handle this job there. If AF was to be removed don't think a lot of us would of stayed. So before you run your idiotic mouth and start voicing your opinion......GET THE FACTS
goalgetter
goalgetter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next