North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Requesting a Team Recommendation in the Arlington/Mansfield/S FTW area that doesn't play kickball for my 03 Girl Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Requesting a Team Recommendation in the Arlington/Mansfield/S FTW area that doesn't play kickball for my 03 Girl

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Requesting a Team Recommendation in the Arlington/Mansfield/S FTW area that doesn't play kickball for my 03 Girl Empty Requesting a Team Recommendation in the Arlington/Mansfield/S FTW area that doesn't play kickball for my 03 Girl

Post by Coach&Ref 25/04/12, 12:47 am

I hope someone could help me out here. I'm in the Burleson/Crowley area and am looking for a team that plays possession/buildup soccer rather than "kick the crap out of the ball up the field and have the fastest players run onto it." This ISN'T soccer and not how my child plays. Everywhere we look, we find coaches that get incensed when she back passes the ball or uses foot skills when it is the right decision and instead yells, "BOOT IT!" all game.

I'd like to only have to drive no more than 30mins in any direction, so if anyone knows of a coach that truly develops players and measures success not by win/loss records, but by how much the child and team has grown over the season, I would really appreciate a heads up.

Thanks.
Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Requesting a Team Recommendation in the Arlington/Mansfield/S FTW area that doesn't play kickball for my 03 Girl Empty Re: Requesting a Team Recommendation in the Arlington/Mansfield/S FTW area that doesn't play kickball for my 03 Girl

Post by RedBull 25/04/12, 06:49 am

I hear good things about coach with vitesse 03.

RedBull
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Requesting a Team Recommendation in the Arlington/Mansfield/S FTW area that doesn't play kickball for my 03 Girl Empty Re: Requesting a Team Recommendation in the Arlington/Mansfield/S FTW area that doesn't play kickball for my 03 Girl

Post by Zidane 25/04/12, 07:53 am

DT South (I believe they are in that area)...and they play a brazilian style (very pretty with lots of back passing and lateral movement) + they are TOP team in age group.
Zidane
Zidane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MentallyDrained 25/04/12, 08:08 am

Zidane wrote:DT South (I believe they are in that area)...and they play a brazilian style (very pretty with lots of back passing and lateral movement) + they are TOP team in age group.

I guess I was too quick to hand out comments for keeping this place sane. What a loaded statement..... Way to stir the pot early on hump day!

MentallyDrained
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Offthepost 25/04/12, 08:17 am

Sparta Fc located in Burleson would be a possible good fit. Good team that does play possession.
Right in your backyard.

PM me for more information.

Offthepost
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/04/12, 10:15 am

RedBull wrote:I hear good things about coach with vitesse 03.

Highly recommend Vitesse 03. I know several of the girls and they are awesome kids. Coach and his wife are good people! Good soccer too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 25/04/12, 12:09 pm

mommabear wrote:

Highly recommend Vitesse 03. I know several of the girls and they are awesome kids. Coach and his wife are good people! Good soccer too.

Where are they from?
Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/04/12, 12:12 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:
mommabear wrote:

Where are they from?

Vitesse 03 Girls is currently holding open practices. Looking to fill 3 spots on our roster for Spring, as well as build for select. Practices are currently Mon/Wed. We are based in South Dallas/Arlington Area. In addition, our team is about to start Winter II indoor on weekdays for additional practice. Our 03 girls went undefeated in indoor last session and were one of the top teams in PAL in the Fall. This is a very skilled team that plays great possession team ball. For more information call Coach Chad Naizer @ 817-253-9675 or email at cnaizer@msn.com.

Their info is above...they posted awhile back looking for players. I know the coach lives in Midlothian...you're probably one of few folks that know where that is since you are in Burleson/Crowley Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 25/04/12, 02:39 pm

We play with solar but have played against vitasse. They play good soccer and seem to have a very positive group of parents and girls.
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 99smom 25/04/12, 03:53 pm

Fever Black is holding open tryouts right now. Starting this week we are moving practice to Parr Park in Grapevine (3010 Parr Lane). The girls have been together for almost 6 months and finished undefeated in U9 SDL and U9 PTCL Gold averaging 5 goals a game and only giving up 6 goals. We are playing in several upcoming tournaments and will play futsal at IAD in Carrollton starting in May. Great group of girls and great coach focused on developing every player.

You can either send me a PM or contact Coach Phiri at s.phiri7@gmail.com

99smom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 25/04/12, 04:07 pm

Whew! South Dallas is QUITE a hike for practices! That's great that they have a good core of parents, kids and a coach they like. I'm not concerned with wins/losses, but rather how my girl and the team develops from the beginning to the end of each season. I would rather take my lumps now and losses since in the long run, the payoff will be greater due to better early development.
Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/04/12, 04:38 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:Whew! South Dallas is QUITE a hike for practices! That's great that they have a good core of parents, kids and a coach they like. I'm not concerned with wins/losses, but rather how my girl and the team develops from the beginning to the end of each season. I would rather take my lumps now and losses since in the long run, the payoff will be greater due to better early development.

We drive 55 miles one way for our dd's practice. We've been doing it a year now. When we met this coach last spring, we knew he was the one and we don't regret it at all; dd is loving soccer and doing great.

Maybe you'll be lucky and find a great coach closer than 55 miles Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 25/04/12, 06:24 pm

mommabear wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:Whew! South Dallas is QUITE a hike for practices! That's great that they have a good core of parents, kids and a coach they like. I'm not concerned with wins/losses, but rather how my girl and the team develops from the beginning to the end of each season. I would rather take my lumps now and losses since in the long run, the payoff will be greater due to better early development.

We drive 55 miles one way for our dd's practice. We've been doing it a year now. When we met this coach last spring, we knew he was the one and we don't regret it at all; dd is loving soccer and doing great.

Maybe you'll be lucky and find a great coach closer than 55 miles Wink

My rule is 5 miles... Even Clint Dempsey was still playing local ball in Nacogdoches, tx when he was 9...
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by knaizer 25/04/12, 10:34 pm

VITESSE 03 INFO:

Come out for skills w/ our Vitesse 03 girls. We hold open practices for training every MON/WED @ 6:00. We would love to have her out. Our team is very much a possession team & our coach is HUGE on individual growth, skills, and development! Feel free to email us @ cnaizer@msn.com or call Coach Chad Naizer at 817-253-9675 for more info.

*Tks to all for the kind words! Our coach & players work very hard & greatly appreciate it! Very Happy

knaizer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 27/04/12, 04:47 pm

Ahhhh. I know this dad and dd now.. Some team around burleson is about to be infused with some sick talent.... Wish we were closer to get ahold of this one!
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 28/04/12, 11:15 pm

good4nuthin wrote:Ahhhh. I know this dad and dd now.. Some team around burleson is about to be infused with some sick talent.... Wish we were closer to get ahold of this one!

If that's you Justin, feed my little blond girl some crushed glass and rusty nails for breakfast! Not that she needs to get any tougher, but every little bit helps! Smile
Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 29/04/12, 08:28 am

Coach&Ref wrote:
good4nuthin wrote:Ahhhh. I know this dad and dd now.. Some team around burleson is about to be infused with some sick talent.... Wish we were closer to get ahold of this one!

If that's you Justin, feed my little blond girl some crushed glass and rusty nails for breakfast! Not that she needs to get any tougher, but every little bit helps! Smile

Gun powder sprinkled on raw meat is the ticket! Hope all is going well with your team search.
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccrmom11 29/04/12, 01:15 pm

Sparta is about to add an incredibly good 04 team to their club. The 03 coach is amazing, Lee Hefley. My daughter has practiced w/ them, and they are doing drills that my older daughter, who's played for 5 years, wouldn't understand!
soccrmom11
soccrmom11
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 29/04/12, 07:04 pm

soccrmom11 wrote:Sparta is about to add an incredibly good 04 team to their club. The 03 coach is amazing, Lee Hefley. My daughter has practiced w/ them, and they are doing drills that my older daughter, who's played for 5 years, wouldn't understand!

Sparta? I've never heard of them. Thanks for the recommendation. Smile
Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccrmom11 29/04/12, 07:56 pm

they practice right next to the BISA soccer fields...have their own parking lot and field set up over there. Good luck!
soccrmom11
soccrmom11
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Requesting a Team Recommendation in the Arlington/Mansfield/S FTW area that doesn't play kickball for my 03 Girl Empty Another Option

Post by DTDad03 29/04/12, 10:48 pm

FC Dallas (Barakat-Evans) currently in EAL, practices out at Martin HS and/or Boles Jr High on Tuesday/Thursday at 6:00 (South Arlington).

Link with email/numbers: http://fcdallasyouth.com/Girls-Juniors-Team.aspx
DTDad03
DTDad03
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 01/05/12, 12:07 am

We just returned from a VITESSE practice and my daughter had a lot of fun. I'll tell you what; That practice is HARD to find, but holds some gems in that group once you find the place! The girls sure do love Coach Chad. To the other coaches out there: He has an UNREAL 06 boy! The kid only comes up to your ankles, but as soon as you come up to pat him on the head and tell him how cute he is, he will have done a scissor, step over, Ronaldo chop behind his leg and smashed the ball in the goal left footed! I just stood there like a cone and that's basically how he looked back at me. It was some funny stuff.
Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/05/12, 08:18 am

Coach&Ref wrote:We just returned from a VITESSE practice and my daughter had a lot of fun. I'll tell you what; That practice is HARD to find, but holds some gems in that group once you find the place! The girls sure do love Coach Chad. To the other coaches out there: He has an UNREAL 06 boy! The kid only comes up to your ankles, but as soon as you come up to pat him on the head and tell him how cute he is, he will have done a scissor, step over, Ronaldo chop behind his leg and smashed the ball in the goal left footed! I just stood there like a cone and that's basically how he looked back at me. It was some funny stuff.

Yes, their older son and the 03 daughter are pretty good too. Dad obviously can teach some skill! Glad you enjoyed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/05/12, 09:09 am

I dont know how far keller would be for you but liverpool keegan may be another team to check out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Girlsoccerlife 01/05/12, 11:06 pm

Here is my bit of advice Wink seems like your getting a lot of healthy advice too! My son played with Vitesse 01 for about 3 years...best time of his soccer life yet! Coach Chad is AMAZING! I can promise you your daughter will benefit greatly from him. He is one of the non paid coaches that puts his time and energy into these kids! No politics, shows up to ALL GAMES, hard core practice, and FUN!! I watch his girls as much as possible, and I have seen them blossom into a team that is hard to find! Big clubs approach them all the time, but these parents are dedicated to keeping these girls together and huge force to deal with! I say go Vitesse if you can, you won't regret it! If the drive seems a bit much...learn from me. The grass dies on the other side!! Good luck!!

Girlsoccerlife
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next