North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Attention Tarrant & Dallas Areas Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Attention Tarrant & Dallas Areas

Go down

Attention Tarrant & Dallas Areas Empty Attention Tarrant & Dallas Areas

Post by Fever United 03 Phiri 03/07/12, 10:36 am

Fever Black 03 is proud to announce, beginning July 25th we will be practicing at a NEW Centralized location for everyone in the Tarrant and Dallas area. We are looking for seasoned defenders, midfielders, fowards and a goalie to join a team that continues to improve throughout their journey. We will be playing U10 TGPL on Saturdays and U10 PrimeTime on Sundays during the Fall. Send me a PM or email if you are interested.

Days: Mondays & Wednesdays
Time: 6pm-7:30pm
Address: The Fields at Carrollton Parkway
1401 Carrollton Parkway
Carrollton, TX 75010
Bring: Ball, water, and a great attitude

Link to the field: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=carrollton+parkway+and+121+carrollton+tx&hl=en&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=33.847644,75.146484&hnear=Texas+121+%26+Carrollton+Pkwy,+Carrollton,+Denton,+Texas+75010&t=m&z=16

Thank you for your continued support,

Stephen Phiri
Fever United Futbol Club
Director Of Coaching (Boys)
S.phiri7@gmail.com

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Attention Tarrant & Dallas Areas Empty Re: Attention Tarrant & Dallas Areas

Post by Fever United 03 Phiri 11/07/12, 11:23 pm

Bump

cheers

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fever United 03 Phiri 16/07/12, 04:14 pm

Bump cheers

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fever United 03 Phiri 23/07/12, 12:48 am

Bump

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fever United 03 Phiri 25/07/12, 06:07 pm

Bump

sunny

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by poobaby_02 28/07/12, 05:44 pm

Bump Cool
poobaby_02
poobaby_02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fever United 03 Phiri 07/08/12, 12:58 am

Fever Black is looking to closing out our open practices as we only have 1 spot open. The girls have enjoyed a busy summer with Futsal, outdoor tourneys and a few 3v3s here and there. We are looking for a talented athlete to play upfront or outside mid. If you are interested in playing with an up and coming team that continuesdeveined better week in and week out, then Fever United is who you need to visit.

See you soon,

Stephen Phiri
Fever United FC
S.phiri7@gmail.com

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 08/08/12, 02:52 pm

Fever United Black 03 wrote:Fever Black is looking to closing out our open practices as we only have 1 spot open. The girls have enjoyed a busy summer with Futsal, outdoor tourneys and a few 3v3s here and there. We are looking for a talented athlete to play upfront or outside mid. If you are interested in playing with an up and coming team that continuesdeveined better week in and week out, then Fever United is who you need to visit.

See you soon,

Stephen Phiri
Fever United FC
S.phiri7@gmail.com

Kids at this age should be versatile enough to play just about anywhere. They have "tendencies" which leads them to be more offensively or defensively minded, but they should be able to play everywhere.

Also, asking for a specific position that you need filled is shooting yourself in the foot. If you want to do that, then you need to define what type of girl you want to fill that spot. If your definition of a "Midfielder" or "Forward" is someone who is very fast and tireless, then specify it. What if a girl is primarily played as a forward because she is NOT fast, but extremely strong, aggressive and with great ball skills, but who's job it is is to just play with her back to goal and hold up play to build the attack? What if your typical left/right backs who are usually used to simply defend, are used on another team to be primary attackers by overlapping midfielders and serving into the box/scoring?

You would have just alienated possibly VERY good players because you are labeling a position you need without defining what that role means to your team and the attributes of the girls you want.

A smart coach wants ALL girls to come out and then based on the talent, form a system of play that would be most effective for that set of girls. Having a formation that requires a spot that requires speed, for example, while ignoring 5 other girls who, in the right system built around them, could be very successful, is like cutting your nose off despite your face.
Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Fever United 03 Phiri 09/08/12, 10:24 am

Coach&Ref wrote:
Fever United Black 03 wrote:Fever Black is looking to closing out our open practices as we only have 1 spot open. The girls have enjoyed a busy summer with Futsal, outdoor tourneys and a few 3v3s here and there. We are looking for a talented athlete to play upfront or outside mid. If you are interested in playing with an up and coming team that continuesdeveined better week in and week out, then Fever United is who you need to visit.

See you soon,

Stephen Phiri
Fever United FC
S.phiri7@gmail.com

Kids at this age should be versatile enough to play just about anywhere. They have "tendencies" which leads them to be more offensively or defensively minded, but they should be able to play everywhere.

Also, asking for a specific position that you need filled is shooting yourself in the foot. If you want to do that, then you need to define what type of girl you want to fill that spot. If your definition of a "Midfielder" or "Forward" is someone who is very fast and tireless, then specify it. What if a girl is primarily played as a forward because she is NOT fast, but extremely strong, aggressive and with great ball skills, but who's job it is is to just play with her back to goal and hold up play to build the attack? What if your typical left/right backs who are usually used to simply defend, are used on another team to be primary attackers by overlapping midfielders and serving into the box/scoring?

You would have just alienated possibly VERY good players because you are labeling a position you need without defining what that role means to your team and the attributes of the girls you want.

A smart coach wants ALL girls to come out and then based on the talent, form a system of play that would be most effective for that set of girls. Having a formation that requires a spot that requires speed, for example, while ignoring 5 other girls who, in the right system built around them, could be very successful, is like cutting your nose off despite your face.

Ref&Coach,

Your absolutely correct, players at this age should be able to play any position, but it's simply never the case depending on their coaching background, skill level and the position they feel comfortable playing.

I was broad in asking what type of asset the team is looking for that's why I didn't go into detail. Simple as talented athlete who has played in those positions. Reason being is you always find gems everywhere you go. Funny you mentioned a big, strong, aggressive player who is only used as a target player, and is NOT Fast, because I just pulled one 6 months ago who fits your profile. It didn't take time to develop her as an attacking outside back who can serve the ball in to the back post after overlapping the outside mids while doing 2-3 give and gos' with the CM.(Lucky me, she was slow before, but fast now) There is no wrong in asking a generic question because there are always parents who will tell you their kid is a fwd, defender, mid, until you see their attributes before making an assessment. Correct me if I'm wrong but, shouldn't a brilliant coach be able to develop any player to be well rounded/versatile? Only few can do that, majority recruit off of their club name and being ranked on this forum. Ask any of my parents who brought their dd to me after being told by a top team/coach that they need to be on the second team what I have done for their dd as a testament. I promise they won't lie to you. My job is to be a guide and also let the game teach, there is a time to dirbble, a time to pass, a time to shoot, their is no right or wrong answer in the game of Futbol, its not even about playing a position, they are all playing the same role, just in deferent areas of the field. They attack together and defend together. Most coaches do 2v1s (2 fwds Vs 1 defender) I do the opposite, to train them to be unpredictable with skill, make quick smart decisions so possession is kept, and to consistently think proactively. If you need more proof in the pudding, I invite you to see for yourself.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 09/08/12, 10:34 am

Fever United Black 03 wrote: its not even about playing a position, they are all playing the same role, just in deferent areas of the field. They attack together and defend together.

Totaalvoetbal
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/08/12, 10:52 am

We are looking for a talented athlete to play upfront or outside mid.

I appreciate a coach being up front and letting prospective parents know what their needs are. This is a top team and I believe they have spent a lot of time together. Their needs are going to be more specific than a newer team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 09/08/12, 01:52 pm

Fever United Black 03 wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:

See you soon,

Stephen Phiri
Fever United FC
S.phiri7@gmail.com

Ref&Coach,

Your absolutely correct, players at this age should be able to play any position, but it's simply never the case depending on their coaching background, skill level and the position they feel comfortable playing.

I was broad in asking what type of asset the team is looking for that's why I didn't go into detail. Simple as talented athlete who has played in those positions. Reason being is you always find gems everywhere you go. Funny you mentioned a big, strong, aggressive player who is only used as a target player, and is NOT Fast, because I just pulled one 6 months ago who fits your profile. It didn't take time to develop her as an attacking outside back who can serve the ball in to the back post after overlapping the outside mids while doing 2-3 give and gos' with the CM.(Lucky me, she was slow before, but fast now) There is no wrong in asking a generic question because there are always parents who will tell you their kid is a fwd, defender, mid, until you see their attributes before making an assessment. Correct me if I'm wrong but, shouldn't a brilliant coach be able to develop any player to be well rounded/versatile? Only few can do that, majority recruit off of their club name and being ranked on this forum. Ask any of my parents who brought their dd to me after being told by a top team/coach that they need to be on the second team what I have done for their dd as a testament. I promise they won't lie to you. My job is to be a guide and also let the game teach, there is a time to dirbble, a time to pass, a time to shoot, their is no right or wrong answer in the game of Futbol, its not even about playing a position, they are all playing the same role, just in deferent areas of the field. They attack together and defend together. Most coaches do 2v1s (2 fwds Vs 1 defender) I do the opposite, to train them to be unpredictable with skill, make quick smart decisions so possession is kept, and to consistently think proactively. If you need more proof in the pudding, I invite you to see for yourself.

Hey brother, I agree with you on a a few things. Parents will definitely tell you what they think their kid's position either is or SHOULD be. Keep in mind that a lot of these parents come from teams/coaches/experiences that typecast certain positions with certain physical attributes that they are used to. Because the standard, unfortunately, is to play "kickball" or "direct with no purpose" soccer, roles are pretty much cookie-cutter. Forwards need to be the fastest on the field (ball control would be nice, but not totally necessary). Outside mids have to be fast, tireless and with a move or two in their arsenal. Center mids should be a bit more well rounded, but not necessarily stand out in any one category. Outside backs can either be the slow, big, aggressive girls who just clear the ball or strong, fast, aggressive girls who just clear the ball. The center back or sweeper has to be one of the fastest, most aggressive girls on the team who just runs people down.

Does that pretty much nail down most of the teams' play-style?

My point was that if you just open your doors to everyone, you might find some of those girls that you have said you were successful at converting. People who read this and think, "Well, my daughter is a defender so I just might as well not show up", would be tragic if you saw something in that player that would make her even more successful at a different position. Even better yet, if she is a good defender, it might allow you to take a current one you have and fill the missing gap that you are asking for.

Do you see what I am saying?
Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 99smom 13/08/12, 12:36 pm

bump Very Happy

99smom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ckp2002 13/08/12, 04:01 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:

See you soon,

Stephen Phiri
Fever United FC
S.phiri7@gmail.com

Ref&Coach,

Hey brother, I agree with you on a a few things. Parents will definitely tell you what they think their kid's position either is or SHOULD be. Keep in mind that a lot of these parents come from teams/coaches/experiences that typecast certain positions with certain physical attributes that they are used to. Because the standard, unfortunately, is to play "kickball" or "direct with no purpose" soccer, roles are pretty much cookie-cutter. Forwards need to be the fastest on the field (ball control would be nice, but not totally necessary). Outside mids have to be fast, tireless and with a move or two in their arsenal. Center mids should be a bit more well rounded, but not necessarily stand out in any one category. Outside backs can either be the slow, big, aggressive girls who just clear the ball or strong, fast, aggressive girls who just clear the ball. The center back or sweeper has to be one of the fastest, most aggressive girls on the team who just runs people down.

My point was that if you just open your doors to everyone, you might find some of those girls that you have said you were successful at converting. People who read this and think, "Well, my daughter is a defender so I just might as well not show up", would be tragic if you saw something in that player that would make her even more successful at a different position. Even better yet, if she is a good defender, it might allow you to take a current one you have and fill the missing gap that you are asking for.

Please allow me to preface my post by stating that I do not personally know the coach for Fever Black, therefore I would like to apologize in advance he disapproves of my opinion.
However, Coach & Ref I've read all of your previous posts, and not one time have you addressed anybody with "Hey Brother." Therefore, I'm curious as to what qualifies Coach Phiri to be referred to as "brother." Is he your brother? Do you know him personally, or at least well enough to call him brother? Of all of the posters that you've responded to, why "hey brother" to only him? If I didn't know any better I'd think that it was a bit of sarcasm as it relates to his ethnicity. He referred to you by your screen name, why not give him the same respect? Especially in a context in which you have so much to say about how he's handling HIS team. Maybe I'm crazy, and I'm the only one that noticed it, or was even slightly bothered by it. But it would behoove you to not ASSume that you can refer to anyone, any kind of way based on their ethnicity. It's not a good look...AT ALL.

ckp2002
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by bigheadpena 13/08/12, 04:13 pm

That's right coach&ref!!!!!! It's brotha drop the "er" next time and all is forgiven. Trust me he has thicker skin than that when I've been drinking I've text him way worse than that.
bigheadpena
bigheadpena
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 13/08/12, 04:27 pm

ckp2002 wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:

See you soon,

Stephen Phiri
Fever United FC
S.phiri7@gmail.com

Ref&Coach,

Please allow me to preface my post by stating that I do not personally know the coach for Fever Black, therefore I would like to apologize in advance he disapproves of my opinion.
However, Coach & Ref I've read all of your previous posts, and not one time have you addressed anybody with "Hey Brother." Therefore, I'm curious as to what qualifies Coach Phiri to be referred to as "brother." Is he your brother? Do you know him personally, or at least well enough to call him brother? Of all of the posters that you've responded to, why "hey brother" to only him? If I didn't know any better I'd think that it was a bit of sarcasm as it relates to his ethnicity. He referred to you by your screen name, why not give him the same respect? Especially in a context in which you have so much to say about how he's handling HIS team. Maybe I'm crazy, and I'm the only one that noticed it, or was even slightly bothered by it. But it would behoove you to not ASSume that you can refer to anyone, any kind of way based on their ethnicity. It's not a good look...AT ALL.

LOL! I have no idea who he is. I do that a LOT, but it's in the context of "AMEN BROTHER!"

It's an agreement to a post that I just happened to use on this occasion. Geez, don't read into it as some kind of conspiracy theory. LOL! Sorry, I just have to laugh again. lol!
Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/08/12, 10:49 pm

I couldn't resist Very Happy

Attention Tarrant & Dallas Areas 304
See more on Know Your Meme

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 14/08/12, 12:06 am

2ddgotskillz wrote:I couldn't resist Very Happy

Attention Tarrant & Dallas Areas 304
See more on Know Your Meme

That's awesome!

Funny thing thing came to me later this evening after the attempted racist inquisition of me. My son plays on a team who has a black coach. My son has the same name as a black kid on the team. During a tournament, the coach was shouting instructions, "Hey, ******. I need you to drop back more and mark!" Well both my son (white) and the other black kid with the same name just looked at him and didn't know who he was talking to. He finally got frustrated and starting calling my son "White ****" and the other kid, "Black ****"!

I thought it was HILARIOUS! Very Happy
Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down