North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Are Power Rankings Part of the Problem? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Are Power Rankings Part of the Problem?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are Power Rankings Part of the Problem? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are Power Rankings Part of the Problem?

Post by Guest 04/07/12, 03:17 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:You might be a redneck…

You know you take the Power Rankings too seriously if…

• If you’ve ever made somebody come to your computer to see where your DD’s team is ranked… you might just be taking the Power Rankings too seriously.

• If you’ve ever discussed the Power Rankings with somebody that has no idea what you’re talking about… you might just be taking the Power Rankings too seriously.

• If your DD knows where her team is ranked… you might just be taking the Power Rankings too seriously.

• If you’ve ever made a long-term decision for your DD based solely on the most-recent version of the power rankings… you might just be taking the Power Rankings too seriously.

Genius. I love it.
BTW many of these kids are aware of their team's rank...and that's a problem.
One coach of a top 10 '03 team even reminds his girls each game that they are ranked #????
In North Texas and they need to play like it. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by scoop99 on 04/07/12, 03:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Are Power Rankings Part of the Problem? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are Power Rankings Part of the Problem?

Post by js2377 04/07/12, 03:21 pm

scoop99 wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:You might be a redneck…

You know you take the Power Rankings too seriously if…

• If you’ve ever made somebody come to your computer to see where your DD’s team is ranked… you might just be taking the Power Rankings too seriously.

• If you’ve ever discussed the Power Rankings with somebody that has no idea what you’re talking about… you might just be taking the Power Rankings too seriously.

• If your DD knows where her team is ranked… you might just be taking the Power Rankings too seriously.

• If you’ve ever made a long-term decision for your DD based solely on the most-recent version of the power rankings… you might just be taking the Power Rankings too seriously.

Genius. I love it.
BTW many of these kids are aware of their team's rank...and that's a problem.
One coach of a top 10 '03 team even reminds his girls each game that they are rank #?
In North Texas and they need to play like it. Rolling Eyes

The rumor must be true if there is 21 girls on the team. It's sad to split the team into 2 teams. I always knew this team would blow up before going select. Sad.

js2377
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by js2377 04/07/12, 03:26 pm

KABOOM wrote:
DrSoccer wrote:most parents don't realize what a poor job of PLAYER develpment NTX does, esp when your dd is young. If you educate yourself you will soon find that with thousands of kids playing in ntx a very very small number ever play on a ynt, and its often just a fast kid or goalie who make a camp or 2. by the time your dd gets to 16 and you've seen the top talent around the US you will say 'how come our girls don't play like that?' or why does new jersey have so many nat team kids? - But no worries our coaches can still put together a game plan that allows our teams to win... we should be so proud

http://www.ussoccer.com/Teams/Youth/US-Under15-Girls/Player-Pool/2012-Player-Pool.aspx
http://www.ussoccer.com/Teams/Youth/US-Under17-Women/Player-Pool/2012-Player-Pool.aspx

Here is a sure fire way to make sure a top 03 team produces a national team player:

M ake sure to steal one of the best teams
I nstigate fights on other teams
S teal all the top players
S it top players on the bench
I nstigate rumors on top teams
M ake sure to stock up on gas cards
O nly truely care about your daughter

Having 21 girls on your roster is assinine. All your doing is stealing the top players
to make your daughter look better and not be challanged.

Now this is genius.

js2377
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by skillzrulz 04/07/12, 03:51 pm

js2377 wrote:
KABOOM wrote:
DrSoccer wrote:most parents don't realize what a poor job of PLAYER develpment NTX does, esp when your dd is young. If you educate yourself you will soon find that with thousands of kids playing in ntx a very very small number ever play on a ynt, and its often just a fast kid or goalie who make a camp or 2. by the time your dd gets to 16 and you've seen the top talent around the US you will say 'how come our girls don't play like that?' or why does new jersey have so many nat team kids? - But no worries our coaches can still put together a game plan that allows our teams to win... we should be so proud

http://www.ussoccer.com/Teams/Youth/US-Under15-Girls/Player-Pool/2012-Player-Pool.aspx
http://www.ussoccer.com/Teams/Youth/US-Under17-Women/Player-Pool/2012-Player-Pool.aspx

Here is a sure fire way to make sure a top 03 team produces a national team player:

Having 21 girls on your roster is assinine. All your doing is stealing the top players

Now this is genius.

Are you talking about SRSA 03?

skillzrulz
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/07/12, 04:04 pm

I would say so. what does it matter how many kids he has in academy? obviously there getting pushed more in practice than in games.

Back to top Go down

Post by KABOOM 05/07/12, 06:40 pm

2ddgotskillz wrote:I would say so. what does it matter how many kids he has in academy? obviously there getting pushed more in practice than in games.

Of coarse you are going to take up for your coach. He got you brainwashed too. Any good coach or athelete knows game experience is better than practice. Hope your dd dont get splinters.

KABOOM
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by LHD 05/07/12, 10:33 pm

KABOOM wrote:
2ddgotskillz wrote:I would say so. what does it matter how many kids he has in academy? obviously there getting pushed more in practice than in games.

Of coarse you are going to take up for your coach. He got you brainwashed too. Any good coach or athelete knows game experience is better than practice. Hope your dd dont get splinters.

Depends on your competition in games vs practice.

“Everyday we would scrimmage against each other. Man, you talk about some of the greatest basketball I’ve ever played in or had been a part of, that was it.” - Magic Johnson

LHD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/07/12, 08:14 am

KABOOM wrote:

you need to go back an read my post im far from a SRSA lover, i drink the same coolaid as you.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostntexas 06/07/12, 08:45 am

What coolaid is that? Probably without sugar!
lostntexas
lostntexas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/07/12, 09:32 am

Strawberry or Grape with sugar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawnboy 06/07/12, 10:29 am

KABOOM wrote:

Gas cards???? scratch

Lawnboy
Lawnboy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2