North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

TGPL Teams? - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

TGPL Teams?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

TGPL Teams? - Page 3 Empty Re: TGPL Teams?

Post by Joe scafone 16/08/12, 11:34 am

TapTheBrakes wrote:
Joe scafone wrote:
2ddgotskillz wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:Vitesse is in the silver division because of the late signup. I wish they were in gold, but they thought SDL was where all the top teams were playing. Sad

Looks like your coach isn't in the coaches "Clique" or in the "IN" crowd cause they all parting in TGPL lol

Vitesse is not top 10 nor are they a top club either.... I'm telling you.... Gold was selected by purpose. How do you know if you were the 10th to register or 11th?

Your DD must be new to a "top 10" team since you are the main voice of the invite only theory and want to prove the teams worth. All of the teams are deserving and are very capable of beating everyone in our division (except maybe SRSA) and I imagine 2-3 teams in silver will be worthy of an "invite" at some point if that is truly how it shook out. Best of luck to everyone and hope to see good action on the pitch.

not a theory, just what I heard Wink

I agree whole heatedly with you that all teams are deserving. Doesn't mean that TGPL did not "invite" certain teams. Regardless if my DD is on a certain ranked team or not. If a league is going to try and create an elite Gold division, one way is to mirror QT style OR hand pick your teams.

Really, I don't know if it was invite or first come first serve....if I was TGPL and wanted to create the "premier" division, I would pick and invite who I thought would be best fit...based on competition and yes, based on the "elite" clubs....crap, I know where the money is.

And gawd dawg it, quit giving SRSA a big head drunken They will fall this year...mark my words...I know we have enough good teams out there that will start giving them a run for their money!

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 16/08/12, 12:04 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:
SolarPower00 wrote:The TGPL gold and silver divisions were filled a month ago....and the deadline was 8/3. They were very fortunate if they got into TGPL. Since they couldn't be Gold, would'nt it make more sense to play PTCL.....those games would be much closer to home.

If you are referring to the PT that is played on Sundays, then they are doing that also in the 9v9 format.

As far as Blastit is concerned, all I can say is that the coach wanted to play on Saturday and Sunday. He met with the girls after a practice and told them that they would be having some tough games in SDL and listed some of the teams that were participating. Another parent and I had just been able to pull up the TGPL team lists and showed him when he was finished. He was shocked and scrambled the next day to get the team signed up.

As far as being placed in Silver is concerned, all I can speak from is personal experience. When I first coached my 02s a long time ago, we decided to enter PT for the first time. Even though we had performed well in a couple of tourneys. We were placed in Silver, but after playing the first team and beating them 18-2 (which could have been MUCH worse), I received a call telling me we were being moved to Gold.

So I don't know. I am just glad Vitesse will be in the TGPL now and have the opportunity to play some hard competition. Even if it is not Gold this season, I have read some posts on here that said that the past Silver bracket held some feisty action. Very Happy

If last season is any indication, the Silver division will have quite a few of your #10- 20 ranked teams....I expect Vitesse to fit in nicely with this group, but not dominate. Silver is where they belong...we'll have to wait and see about Gold in Spring.
LP Whelen is a very comparable team that will compete in silver as well.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by kickit03 16/08/12, 12:26 pm

Seems like a lot of speculation. Is there an "official" Gold and Silver team list?

kickit03
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Brazuca 17/08/12, 04:35 pm

First week schedule...

http://primetimesportz.com/soccer/tgpl/schedules/
Brazuca
Brazuca
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 17/08/12, 04:50 pm

Guess Vitesse didn't make cut

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 17/08/12, 04:56 pm

Good call Joe....I thought they may join Silver but no sign of them there either.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 18/08/12, 12:33 am

Joe scafone wrote:Guess Vitesse didn't make cut

I heard two Silver teams were a "no pay" at the point when Vitesse tried to scramble to get in late. I guess those teams paid.

It hurts for them to not know which league where the top teams were playing, but they tried like heck when they found out.

My girl will be in Gold, but it still hurts because Vitesse could definitely show very well in Silver, in my opinion. Now they know and there is always the Spring season to look forward to. They have a great, tight-nit group of girls and it just makes me sad.

Tourneys and playing PTCL on Sunday's will also be a good way they can make a good showing for Spring.
Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 18/08/12, 09:15 am

I've always heard positive things about Vitesse...nothing but positive ( which is rare on this forum). I'm a little disappointed they didn't get in too.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by deez 18/08/12, 10:57 am

I don't know if they chose their teams or if it was first come first serve, but the Texans FTW also tried to get into TGPL and were told we would be on a waiting list.
deez
deez
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by El 18/08/12, 01:14 pm

deez wrote:I don't know if they chose their teams or if it was first come first serve, but the Texans FTW also tried to get into TGPL and were told we would be on a waiting list.

I'm new to this but our manager was given the same line. That makes three teams from this thread that wanted to play TGPL and were told to wait. I feel like I'm at one of those stores where I want to buy something and there is no one willing to take my money.

Message to TGPL: Everyone knows that the top teams are playing with you on Saturday's. We all want to get ready for Lake Highlands next year. It's not too hard to add teams to your league (brackets). Instead of allowing '04 clubs in the brackets, fill the '03 club request first!!

El
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by blastit 18/08/12, 02:19 pm

I imagine some teams didn't get in because they waited so long to sign up waiting to see if they had(or pray to have) enough for 11v11.

blastit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Till-I-Collapse 20/08/12, 07:14 pm

Looks like LP Keegan and Vitesse added to Silver. Who is SRSA 03 Missimo in Silver? I guess I didn't realize DM had Gold and Silver teams. JJ?
Till-I-Collapse
Till-I-Collapse
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by C5thomas 21/08/12, 01:21 pm

To answer Bumpypitch, can anyone touch SRSA? I believe the answer is yes. I watched the Dallas Texans 03 Moreno give them a bit of a game at the Primetime tourney this past weekend. Although they lost 6-0, they played one of the best games I've seen anyone play against them in a year. It took the girls a few minutes to settle down and had to go defensive, but they played a well hard fought game. I give big kudos to Coach Moreno the defenders, and a JAW Droping WOW to the guest GK for making multiple multiple awesome saves. And yes the GK is my daughter. So ya I'm a bit partial but had you watched the game you would be too. She was a great boost for these girls and they responded well by playing hard till the last whistle. Way to go '03 Dallas Texans, wish we could have played more despite the storms. Oh did I mention they have only been togther for a month and the SRSA game was there first? Watch out for DTM'03. They're here to play. Keep an eye on them I'm sure you'll see them around. A fun team to watch.

C5thomas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 21/08/12, 01:55 pm

Just a couple questions C5: without these 'multiple multiple awesome saves'...what might this score have been? Don't get me wrong...it takes a pretty good team to keep SRSA under 10 goals. But based on your report, I get the feelin that this would have been 10-0 except for some jaw dropping saves. Where is DTM going to play this fall?
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The truth must be told 21/08/12, 02:14 pm

C5thomas wrote:To answer Bumpypitch, can anyone touch SRSA? I believe the answer is yes. I watched the Dallas Texans 03 Moreno give them a bit of a game at the Primetime tourney this past weekend. Although they lost 6-0, they played one of the best games I've seen anyone play against them in a year. It took the girls a few minutes to settle down and had to go defensive, but they played a well hard fought game. I give big kudos to Coach Moreno the defenders, and a JAW Droping WOW to the guest GK for making multiple multiple awesome saves. And yes the GK is my daughter. So ya I'm a bit partial but had you watched the game you would be too. She was a great boost for these girls and they responded well by playing hard till the last whistle. Way to go '03 Dallas Texans, wish we could have played more despite the storms. Oh did I mention they have only been togther for a month and the SRSA game was there first? Watch out for DTM'03. They're here to play. Keep an eye on them I'm sure you'll see them around. A fun team to watch.

What a joke!! Goalie good? Yes. It is sad that you do not mention how many times DTM crossed mid-field. You did not give SRSA a good game. You packed the box with all your players. Not a single offense attack. I do not even know either of these teams, but I saw this game in the second half. Not once did I think it was a good game.

The truth must be told
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by C5thomas 21/08/12, 02:22 pm

I will admit the score could have been worse maybe, nobody knows but it was a combination of teamwork, defense, determination, and the coach that won this small victory. We all know how most of these games end against SRSA. Espically new teams. SRSA is well coached, great playing team so keeping them in check is a victory. DTM'03 are playing in the DIAL league. Which is a good start. I'd look for them in Silver TGPL next season. But keep an eye on them, I think with some more time they will become a big name with some great talent. My GK has played SRSA several times with her regular team and as a guest on 2 teams. DTM'03 played the best defense I've seen. Give these girls some kudos. They played great. I know GK can be game changers, but remember they also lite the fires for the rest of the team. They are only 1 of 14 on a TEAM

C5thomas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by C5thomas 21/08/12, 02:38 pm

The truth be told, as always your welcome to your opinion. SRSA did play good. But as I said DTM'03 is a brand new team and SRSA is seeded number 1 in the area. Unless you live under a rock around Dallas you should know them. To have held them under double digits is an awesome feat. As almost all teams lose 12+ to 0 and nobody hardly ever scores on them. So before you say what a joke, play them and the let me know how many times you guys scored. And by all means share your offensive strategy with the rest of us because I've seen about 20 different ones and the best I've seen a team fare is 9-2 and yes that was my GK in the box.

C5thomas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by The truth must be told 21/08/12, 02:51 pm

C5thomas wrote:The truth be told, as always your welcome to your opinion. SRSA did play good. But as I said DTM'03 is a brand new team and SRSA is seeded number 1 in the area. Unless you live under a rock around Dallas you should know them. To have held them under double digits is an awesome feat. As almost all teams lose 12+ to 0 and nobody hardly ever scores on them. So before you say what a joke, play them and the let me know how many times you guys scored. And by all means share your offensive strategy with the rest of us because I've seen about 20 different ones and the best I've seen a team fare is 9-2 and yes that was my GK in the box.

My DD is an '02 and yes we have lost big to SRSA. Rather than our coach packing the box and hoping to not allow them to score 10+ goals and trying to brag about it, he stuck to his game plan and coached our girls the same way he teaches in practice. Play hard, work on possession, clean passes and strike when you can. What your coach did in no way shows the girls how to play the proper game of soccer. No matter who you are playing at this age, it is not about the score, it should be about the development of your team to prepare for when it is about the score.

The truth must be told
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by C5thomas 21/08/12, 03:03 pm

Sorry your team plan didn't work any better. I thought you'd posted you knew nothing of either team? But trashing on 9y/o's that tried something different shouldn't be your goal in life. They played hard. And yes the girls are taught well on how to play the game and Most importantly not only how to win but how to lose and build on that loss. All I said was the SRSA I believe can be beat, and to watch these young girls grow and mature. It will just take the right combination and DTM'03 figured out the defensive part.

C5thomas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 21/08/12, 03:07 pm

C5thomas wrote:The truth be told, as always your welcome to your opinion. SRSA did play good. But as I said DTM'03 is a brand new team and SRSA is seeded number 1 in the area. Unless you live under a rock around Dallas you should know them. To have held them under double digits is an awesome feat. As almost all teams lose 12+ to 0 and nobody hardly ever scores on them. So before you say what a joke, play them and the let me know how many times you guys scored. And by all means share your offensive strategy with the rest of us because I've seen about 20 different ones and the best I've seen a team fare is 9-2 and yes that was my GK in the box.

I went to the game to see the "legend" of SRSA play as we have never played against them or seen them play before. And I am sorry C5 - when 20-30 shots are taken outside the 18 with 10 players inside the box your keeper and any other keeper is going to make some saves.

So let's save the my kid hero speech for church or family. Anyone at that game saw the box get packed to limit damage to a newly formed team. A smart call by the coach to keep morale, but by no means any display of quality skill by the players. The players were obstacles for SRSA to shoot around and over.
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 21/08/12, 03:23 pm

flygirl wrote:

I went to the game to see the "legend" of SRSA play as we have never played against them or seen them play before. And I am sorry C5 - when 20-30 shots are taken outside the 18 with 10 players inside the box your keeper and any other keeper is going to make some saves.

So let's save the my kid hero speech for church or family. Anyone at that game saw the box get packed to limit damage to a newly formed team. A smart call by the coach to keep morale, but by no means any display of quality skill by the players. The players were obstacles for SRSA to shoot around and over.

I don't know anyone on either team, and I didn't see this game and I wasn't even aware of it being played and didn't know it was even scheduled but I have no comment.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rtsafft 21/08/12, 03:33 pm

Shelby427 wrote:
flygirl wrote:

I don't know anyone on either team, and I didn't see this game and I wasn't even aware of it being played and didn't know it was even scheduled but I have no comment.

lol!

rtsafft
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/12, 03:49 pm

rtsafft wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
flygirl wrote:

lol!

Hell reading all of C5 post about soccer is lowering my soccer IQ the more i keep reading his soccer knoweledge on how crashing the box the whole game is a great tactic to beat SRSA im just curious on how your suppose to scoreif all 11 players are in the box and wont come out?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 21/08/12, 03:55 pm

2ddgotskillz wrote:
rtsafft wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
flygirl wrote:

lol!

Hell reading all of C5 post about soccer is lowering my soccer IQ the more i keep reading his soccer knoweledge on how crashing the box the whole game is a great tactic to beat SRSA im just curious on how your suppose to scoreif all 11 players are in the box and wont come out?

Easy, at the 55th minute or so the SRSA Keeper is supposed to fall into a coma like sleep whereby you boot a long bouncer into the net.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/12, 04:00 pm

2ddgotskillz wrote:
rtsafft wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
flygirl wrote:

lol!

I was wandering the same thing when watching Chelsea play in the Champions league. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 21/08/12, 04:04 pm

All I can say is that "packing the box" can turn out MUCH worse for the other team than sticking to your game plan, albeit with some adjustments. Think about it. When a box is packed, the chances for deflections into the goal and the keeper being "unsighted", tremendously magnifies. If my team could put another in that position, I would be having the girls, take shots right and left, constantly. I'd push all of my backs up to send back in any cleared balls and keep putting the ball on frame.

If you want to play defensively against a team like SRSA, at least try to catch them on a counter attack. If everyone is behind the ball, there is nobody up top to keep their backs honest.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next