North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/Grapevine09/05/24, 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLE09/05/24, 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

QT brackets are up - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205180 messages in 31966 subjects

QT brackets are up

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

QT brackets are up - Page 3 Empty Re: QT brackets are up

Post by javajake 24/07/12, 12:24 pm

FBR ranks you in a group with teams of about the same ability but it really does not predict that result of two teams next to each other. I'm not sure Gophers would think 7 spots or less is a big miss between his rankings and LH seeds. Combine that with LH looking more to recent performance while FBR dates to the first of the year and 7 spots seems maybe close enough.

The real interesting stuff is the teams that got placed 8+ spots different. LP Thompson, Andro Blue, Andro Powers, LP Dalglish, FC Premier, FCD West, FCD Red, Polaris, Lady Titans, Dallas Kicks are all placed dramatically differently than FBR thought. It will be interesting to see how many of these teams prove LH wrong or FBR wrong. Gophers, how many seeds were 8+ different last year with the 01s? That's like 20% of seeds different by more than 20%.

In the end though MWGN is right. Time to win. Time to play your best soccer.

javajake
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/07/12, 12:45 pm

javajake wrote:FBR ranks you in a group with teams of about the same ability but it really does not predict that result of two teams next to each other. I'm not sure Gophers would think 7 spots or less is a big miss between his rankings and LH seeds. Combine that with LH looking more to recent performance while FBR dates to the first of the year and 7 spots seems maybe close enough.

The real interesting stuff is the teams that got placed 8+ spots different. LP Thompson, Andro Blue, Andro Powers, LP Dalglish, FC Premier, FCD West, FCD Red, Polaris, Lady Titans, Dallas Kicks are all placed dramatically differently than FBR thought. It will be interesting to see how many of these teams prove LH wrong or FBR wrong. Gophers, how many seeds were 8+ different last year with the 01s? That's like 20% of seeds different by more than 20%.

In the end though MWGN is right. Time to win. Time to play your best soccer.

Here's the QT Seeding/FBR comparison from last year.

There was definitely better overall agreement last year. There were only 5 teams that had a differences larger than +/- 8 spots.

As I stated before, Diamonds from last year was a similar story to FC Premier this year.
Likewise, FC Dallas Pratt and Cosmos from last year were similar stories to LP Thompson this year.
Last year, I knew FBR was off with regards to Fusion Navy. Fusion Navy had a defection of 4-5 of their best players to Tx. Spirit North just before signing day that FBR didn't have time to fully adjust to.

Overall, the hits and misses were about equal.

FBR was right on Diamonds, AFC Red, and Cosmos.
LH was right on Redstar, Fusion Navy, and FCD Pratt.

The biggest differences between last year and this year is that I don't think there were any blatant cases last year where a team's seeding just flat out didn't jive with the combination of bracket strength + performance in the tune-up tournaments (i.e there was nothing like Andro Blue & FCD Red, or Saints/Andromeda/Sting Parker last year).

QT brackets are up - Page 3 01_fbr11

Back to top Go down

Post by enfuego 24/07/12, 01:11 pm

However, this may set a precedent for King Tut next year. Teams that took the risk with a "higher" King Tut bracket ended up with no reward. It actually backfired. Will some mid level teams next year be playing down to get a better seeding?

Platinum B was very close all around. A lot of draws and close games. A goal here a goal there may have shifted things around.

Not sure if this worked against them but of all the groups they had the lowest GF(12).

I agree, just play the games you are scheduled to play.

enfuego
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mwgn 24/07/12, 01:38 pm

One way to fix what is wrong with the current seeding system is to have a post sign-up and pre-tournament period of 6 weeks when all the teams that wish to play in the official tournament must participate in 3-4 LH sponsored tournaments in July-August. During this warm-up period, each team with its final roster (post sign-up July 1) play against 8-10 other teams at random match up. Then the final seeding for the official tournament would be more accurate as we all want. THAT SOUNDS BEYOND CRAZINESS. Because this is about a bunch of 10 years old girls running around and trying to kick a round ball in a net somewhere. I don't think all the 10 years old girls care as much as their parents about this seeding craziness. Most of them just want to play somebody and do their best. About 5 minutes after a loss, they all move onto more important things in life like having fun and be happy with they can do with their best effort. Honestly, most of the 10 years old girls could care less who have gotten favorable seedings and who have not. May be the LH people should let the captains of participating teams meet and decide the seedings and brackets?
Mwgn
Mwgn
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/07/12, 01:43 pm

enfuego wrote:However, this may set a precedent for King Tut next year. Teams that took the risk with a "higher" King Tut bracket ended up with no reward. It actually backfired. Will some mid level teams next year be playing down to get a better seeding?

Platinum B was very close all around. A lot of draws and close games. A goal here a goal there may have shifted things around.

Not sure if this worked against them but of all the groups they had the lowest GF(12).

I agree, just play the games you are scheduled to play.

Higher risk, higher reward, but you must play well!

Back to top Go down

Post by FLGator 24/07/12, 02:11 pm

So all this speculation begs the question...did skipping Tut & Puma work to the advantage of those teams like Fever that stayed clear
FLGator
FLGator
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Whoseurdaddy 24/07/12, 02:19 pm

It looks like the only team negatively impacted by not playing or playing up was GIO. There must be something more to the story with this team, They just won there last tourney against Fever.

Whoseurdaddy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/07/12, 05:34 pm

Whoseurdaddy wrote:It looks like the only team negatively impacted by not playing or playing up was GIO. There must be something more to the story with this team, They just won there last tourney against Fever.

Could be they haven't held the position of a top 10 team long enough for LH to be convinced that is where they belong without seeing them play at Tut or Puma.

Back to top Go down

Post by TatuYou 24/07/12, 05:49 pm

So how does LH handle ties in points for teams to be eliminated and second weekend seeding?

TatuYou
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/07/12, 05:56 pm

TatuYou wrote:So how does LH handle ties in points for teams to be eliminated and second weekend seeding?

I believe if a team was exactly tied based on all aspects going into the last game,: H2H, GD, GF, GA, etc. they would flag it as a non tie game and do two 10 min overtimes and then PK's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawgs26 24/07/12, 06:03 pm

It happened to my older daughter's team ('99) the second weekend;
LH wanted to go straight to PK's to decide it, coaches refused and played the game to break the tie....winner went to D1, loser to D3.

Dawgs26
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by berserker13 25/07/12, 09:39 am

Does anyone know how they seed the second weekend, is it points in the first weekend or by original seeding? (bwgophers?)

I was looking at our team's potential match ups and noticed that if it goes by the original seeding (I.E., L2 goes to T1, K2 goes to U1, etc) that it doesn't undo the first weekend's brackets of death. Right now I see that brackets D and K have 3 top 20 teams (according to FBR and most human polls), if the seeds stay the same then in the second weekend bracket Y has D2 and K3 and bracket U has D3 and K2, so you then have 2 top 20 teams in 2 brackets fighting for 1 D1 spot each with one wild card #2 team also making D1. Looks like at least 1 top 20 will not make D1 this year (I expect they would win D3 and move up next year). Interesting how that works out right now.
berserker13
berserker13
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/12, 10:35 am

berserker13 wrote:Does anyone know how they seed the second weekend, is it points in the first weekend or by original seeding? (bwgophers?)

I was looking at our team's potential match ups and noticed that if it goes by the original seeding (I.E., L2 goes to T1, K2 goes to U1, etc) that it doesn't undo the first weekend's brackets of death. Right now I see that brackets D and K have 3 top 20 teams (according to FBR and most human polls), if the seeds stay the same then in the second weekend bracket Y has D2 and K3 and bracket U has D3 and K2, so you then have 2 top 20 teams in 2 brackets fighting for 1 D1 spot each with one wild card #2 team also making D1. Looks like at least 1 top 20 will not make D1 this year (I expect they would win D3 and move up next year). Interesting how that works out right now.

Assuming that LH uses the same method that they have the past 2 years, the week #2 brackets will be formed as below and will be based on week #1 RESULTS:

L2 = 2nd Place team from Bracket L in week #1
L3 = 3rd Place team from Bracket L in week #1
K2 = 2nd Place team from Bracket K in week #1,
etc...

The 4th place teams may be shuffled in order to avoid rematches from Week #1.

QT brackets are up - Page 3 _02_we11

Back to top Go down

Post by ralfdallas 25/07/12, 10:42 am

bwgophers wrote:
berserker13 wrote:Does anyone know how they seed the second weekend, is it points in the first weekend or by original seeding? (bwgophers?)

Assuming that LH uses the same method that they have the past 2 years, the week #2 brackets will be formed as below and will be based on week #1 RESULTS:

L2 = 2nd Place team from Bracket L in week #1
L3 = 3rd Place team from Bracket L in week #1
K2 = 2nd Place team from Bracket K in week #1,
etc...

The 4th place teams may be shuffled in order to avoid rematches from Week #1.

QT brackets are up - Page 3 _02_we11

Gophers - you are a genius! How, (oh how!) did you ever figure all this stuff out??
ralfdallas
ralfdallas
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LHD 25/07/12, 10:58 am

Better get it done now if you really want to be in D1. Next year is not an option (w/out switching teams). It takes at least 2 years (likely longer) for a team outside the top 20 in QT (D1) to move up to D1.

Very difficult task to get promoted from D3 to D2 - then D2 to D1 in back to back years. No 00' team has been able to make the move from D3 to D1 yet.

LHD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/12, 11:14 am

ralfdallas wrote:

Gophers - you are a genius! How, (oh how!) did you ever figure all this stuff out??

The official name of my condition (affliction?) is a 342 letter Latin name... loosely translated to English, it's "sink of useless knowledge"

Back to top Go down

Post by ralfdallas 25/07/12, 11:18 am

bwgophers wrote:
ralfdallas wrote:

The official name of my condition (affliction?) is a 342 letter Latin name... loosely translated to English, it's "sink of useless knowledge"

Your memory is short, Goph.
ralfdallas
ralfdallas
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/12, 11:19 am

ralfdallas wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
ralfdallas wrote:

Your memory is short, Goph.

Not short, just selective Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by berserker13 25/07/12, 11:26 am

LHD wrote:

Better get it done now if you really want to be in D1. Next year is not an option (w/out switching teams). It takes at least 2 years (likely longer) for a team outside the top 20 in QT (D1) to move up to D1.

Very difficult task to get promoted from D3 to D2 - then D2 to D1 in back to back years. No 00' team has been able to make the move from D3 to D1 yet.

The team that doesn't make it this year likely would have been an 11-20 team this year, so when I say move up, I mean into D2, which is where they would have likely ended up after this first year anyway.

To your other point: my older DD's 97 team played 3 years in PPL D1 then moved from LH D3 to D2 to D1 in back to back years. Unlikely, maybe, but it can be done. That is something to consider for everybody sweating this U11 QT, it is a marathon, not a sprint.
berserker13
berserker13
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adi-dazzler 25/07/12, 12:45 pm

LHD wrote:

So you're statement reads that the other 7 years of the DD's playing career are null and void if they do not make it to the top league this year, or at the latest next year?! ha.....
Adi-dazzler
Adi-dazzler
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by pro16 25/07/12, 01:18 pm

Not accurate.

99s top bracket seed FCD Rudd lost week 1
Lost week 2 and ended up in D3.

Sweeped 3, promoted to 2.
Won 2 then promoted to 1
All in consecutive years.

They were a top seed and proved it after QT, they just slipped up in QT

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LHD 25/07/12, 02:51 pm

Adi-dazzler wrote:
LHD wrote:

So you're statement reads that the other 7 years of the DD's playing career are null and void if they do not make it to the top league this year, or at the latest next year?! ha.....

Not sure how or why you read the statement to be a commentary on your daughter's entire playing career. It was simply addressing a specific line - the one highlighted in red.

LHD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adi-dazzler 25/07/12, 04:01 pm

LHD wrote:
Adi-dazzler wrote:
LHD wrote:

Not sure how or why you read the statement to be a commentary on your daughter's entire playing career. It was simply addressing a specific line - the one highlighted in red.

My point being is it essential for a player to absolutely have to climb PPL or D3 in the first or second year to get to D1....they were obviously part of a team that wasn't good enough technically or tactically. So what gives them the right to play at the highest level until they're ready to do so?!
Adi-dazzler
Adi-dazzler
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3