North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Update on MOSS PARK Fields Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Update on MOSS PARK Fields

Go down

Update on MOSS PARK Fields Empty Update on MOSS PARK Fields

Post by Hook It 13/09/12, 08:44 pm

Hey everyone - we have a game comming up at MOSS Park. Anyone played there recently? Any issues.... grass (lack there of).... cracks.... mosquitoes?

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Update on MOSS PARK Fields Empty Re: Update on MOSS PARK Fields

Post by intrinsic 13/09/12, 10:18 pm

Played on field #5 last Saturday. My first time at Moss. The grass was higher than other fields we play on, so passes didn't go as far or fast. But more than that, the surface is very bumpy and uneven, not even close to the quality of Railroad, Russell Creek, or even Carpenter in Plano. I didn't notice it much during the game- kids seemed to adjust and were able to make their passes anyway. No other problems noted (other than putting up and taking down the nets for each game).

One other thing- the lines on the field were very hard to see. The keeper once played a ball with her feet that I thought she should have picked up, and she explained to me later that she couldn't see the lines on the field (18 yard line) and wasn't sure if she was in the box or not. I hope they put down new lines for the next games.

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 14/09/12, 12:04 am

intrinsic wrote:Played on field #5 last Saturday. My first time at Moss. The grass was higher than other fields we play on, so passes didn't go as far or fast. But more than that, the surface is very bumpy and uneven, not even close to the quality of Railroad, Russell Creek, or even Carpenter in Plano. I didn't notice it much during the game- kids seemed to adjust and were able to make their passes anyway. No other problems noted (other than putting up and taking down the nets for each game).

One other thing- the lines on the field were very hard to see. The keeper once played a ball with her feet that I thought she should have picked up, and she explained to me later that she couldn't see the lines on the field (18 yard line) and wasn't sure if she was in the box or not. I hope they put down new lines for the next games.
Thanks for the update: I am mostly focused on monitoring the safety aspects, but all your points are good to know. You should drop a email to the LD about the lines - thats pretty bad (dont forget to mention the uneven ground!): leaguedirector@girlsclassicleague.org and copy the admin: helen.p.allison@gmail.com. The more people that speakup the better MOSS will become, or maybe they will get a reduced role in our soccer future.

Gotta love those NETS!!

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweeper 14/09/12, 10:10 am

For your sake, I hope you get rained out.

We have an 8am game tomorrow, and I am doing my rain dance tonight. I would much rather have a Wednesday night make up game than an 8am Saturday game.
Sweeper
Sweeper
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerstand 14/09/12, 12:08 pm

I thought Moss wasn't going to be used by Lake Highlands anymore.

soccerstand
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GCAR 14/09/12, 12:17 pm

Sweeper wrote:For your sake, I hope you get rained out.

We have an 8am game tomorrow, and I am doing my rain dance tonight. I would much rather have a Wednesday night make up game than an 8am Saturday game.

I totally agree!
GCAR
GCAR
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 14/09/12, 12:50 pm

Hook It wrote:Thanks for the update: I am mostly focused on monitoring the safety aspects, but all your points are good to know. You should drop a email to the LD about the lines - thats pretty bad (dont forget to mention the uneven ground!)The more people that speakup the better MOSS will become, or maybe they will get a reduced role in our soccer future.
Gotta love those NETS!!

I say be thankful the lines were barely visible... back when my daughter used to play there the lines were so burned into the ground they were all "trenches" in the tall grass. You didn't need them painted because the dirt trenches were clearly visible.... of course there would be multiple ankle twists and kids tripping in them every game... but the absolute best was when your team was scored on because the ground shot taken jumped up and over your kneeling keeper because it hit the ramp that was the "6 box" line.
Almost as cool as watching a slow rolling ball that was going out of bounds get caught in the sideline trench and roll 10 yards to a stop still on the line.....

ahhhh the good old days.
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nukem 14/09/12, 08:32 pm

I'm dancing too. I hate rain outs but this would be the one to have. If we play, Sweeper is bringing the coffee (we are on field 6). GCAR takes hers with cream and sugar, I take mine black.

Last edited by nukem on 14/09/12, 08:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweeper 14/09/12, 08:48 pm

You can have the last couple sips of my latte. Thanks for the cookie last week BTW.
Sweeper
Sweeper
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by nukem 14/09/12, 08:50 pm

Sweeper wrote:You can have the last couple sips of my latte. Thanks for the cookie last week BTW.

It was a good game. Hope your dd enjoyed it. Good luck in the morning.
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweeper 14/09/12, 09:04 pm

nukem wrote:
Sweeper wrote:You can have the last couple sips of my latte. Thanks for the cookie last week BTW.

She enjoyed the cookie. She didn't enjoy your DD stopping her cold TWICE in close. I heard about that all the way home.
Sweeper
Sweeper
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 14/09/12, 10:11 pm

Slakemoth wrote:
Hook It wrote:Thanks for the update: I am mostly focused on monitoring the safety aspects, but all your points are good to know. You should drop a email to the LD about the lines - thats pretty bad (dont forget to mention the uneven ground!)The more people that speakup the better MOSS will become, or maybe they will get a reduced role in our soccer future.
Gotta love those NETS!!

I say be thankful the lines were barely visible... back when my daughter used to play there the lines were so burned into the ground they were all "trenches" in the tall grass. You didn't need them painted because the dirt trenches were clearly visible.... of course there would be multiple ankle twists and kids tripping in them every game... but the absolute best was when your team was scored on because the ground shot taken jumped up and over your kneeling keeper because it hit the ramp that was the "6 box" line.
Almost as cool as watching a slow rolling ball that was going out of bounds get caught in the sideline trench and roll 10 yards to a stop still on the line.....

ahhhh the good old days.
Special moments for sure - we the whole ntx soccer phenom as crazy back then or has it cranked up over the years?

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GCAR 14/09/12, 10:25 pm

nukem wrote:

I'm dancing too. I hate rain outs but this would be the one to have. If we play, Sweeper is bringing the coffee (we are on field 6). GCAR takes hers with cream and sugar, I take mine black.

I prefer cream and Stevia, but an 8 am game at Moss I will take it any way i can get it. I'm really hoping that the fields don't close down right after I leave my house at 6:30 am.
GCAR
GCAR
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nukem 15/09/12, 12:05 pm

Sweeper wrote:
nukem wrote:

She enjoyed the cookie. She didn't enjoy your DD stopping her cold TWICE in close. I heard about that all the way home.

cheers Sorry to put you through that.

We survived Moss Park this morning Very Happy
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down