North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Do leagues allow guest players? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Do leagues allow guest players?

Go down

Do leagues allow guest players? Empty Do leagues allow guest players?

Post by Guest 14/09/12, 08:49 am

Can an unsigned player guest play with a team for league play? Any league...LH, Plano or Arlington?

What if she was signed with a LH team and got a release? (I know she can't play in LH until next season, just wondered if she can guest in Plano or Arlington with out actually signing with the club/team) Question

Back to top Go down

Do leagues allow guest players? Empty Re: Do leagues allow guest players?

Post by Slakemoth 14/09/12, 09:00 am

NO....
They can register with an NTSSA home association as a "non-rostered" player and then guest play in tournaments with either Rec. or Club teams, but League play in either Club or Rec. does not allow guest players... rostered kids only.

If the kid was released by a Club team "for recreational play only", then they can find a Rec. league and join a team (if the league will register them.). They can still guest play with a Club team in tournaments as far as I know.

Some Clubs/coaches will release the kid and allow them to join another Club team as long as they fulfill their financial agreement. Varies.
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 14/09/12, 09:05 am

There is a loophole to this rule if you are independent and change your group from a club to a nation. For instances, if there was a club called Boots - and they referred to themself as a Boots Nation instead of a soccer club, you can use guests on any team in any scenario, reguardless of league rules, age, or even gender. The key is, even if it is obvious, to deny on forums at all costs. Get all your player's parents to assist in denial and site that other parents are just jelly.
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/09/12, 09:30 am

Slakemoth wrote:NO....
They can register with an NTSSA home association as a "non-rostered" player and then guest play in tournaments with either Rec. or Club teams, but League play in either Club or Rec. does not allow guest players... rostered kids only.

If the kid was released by a Club team "for recreational play only", then they can find a Rec. league and join a team (if the league will register them.). They can still guest play with a Club team in tournaments as far as I know.

Some Clubs/coaches will release the kid and allow them to join another Club team as long as they fulfill their financial agreement. Varies.

She was able to obtain a full release with the ability to transfer to another club. Just checking on all options since the season is in full swing...and don't want to make a rush decision and make a mistake again.

Did you know that when the release was taken to NTX for processing, they said it was the 76th one they have processed since July 1st!!! More common than you think I guess.

Back to top Go down

Do leagues allow guest players? Empty PPL Rule applied to topic

Post by Tiki-taka 14/09/12, 09:53 am

From the PPL Competitive League rules:

Any coach found to have knowingly played an illegal player will result in immediate removal of the team from the league and will place the head coach on suspension from all soccer activities for three (3) years. The offending player may be suspended from soccer activities. Please refer to NTSSA rule 3.13.4. However any situation where PYSA allows NTSSA to handle the concern PYSA will comply with the recommendation rendered.

Illegal Player- A player not listed on your official roster who participated in a league game.

And:

GUEST PLAYERS - The use of guest players is sanctioned by NTSSA and PLANO YOUTH SOCCER under the following restrictions: Refer to 4.7 NTSSA rule. Rule 4.7.1.4 – Guest players may practice with the team on which they are a guest only if the dates for the practices are included on the guest player release signed by the guest player’s registered coach. Violators of this rule are subject to discipline under the rules governing use of ineligible players. No guest players are allowed in league play.
Tiki-taka
Tiki-taka
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/09/12, 09:56 am

Tiki-taka wrote:From the PPL Competitive League rules:

Any coach found to have knowingly played an illegal player will result in immediate removal of the team from the league and will place the head coach on suspension from all soccer activities for three (3) years. The offending player may be suspended from soccer activities. Please refer to NTSSA rule 3.13.4. However any situation where PYSA allows NTSSA to handle the concern PYSA will comply with the recommendation rendered.

Illegal Player- A player not listed on your official roster who participated in a league game.

And:

GUEST PLAYERS - The use of guest players is sanctioned by NTSSA and PLANO YOUTH SOCCER under the following restrictions: Refer to 4.7 NTSSA rule. Rule 4.7.1.4 – Guest players may practice with the team on which they are a guest only if the dates for the practices are included on the guest player release signed by the guest player’s registered coach. Violators of this rule are subject to discipline under the rules governing use of ineligible players. No guest players are allowed in league play.

Guess that answers that!!

Thanks Tiki

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 14/09/12, 10:38 am

02ddsoccerfan wrote:Did you know that when the release was taken to NTX for processing, they said it was the 76th one they have processed since July 1st!!! More common than you think I guess.

This year NTSSA started charging $25 per processed release simply because they said they were overwhelmed by the number of releases processed and requested in the previous year. I can't recall the total number they did, but pretty sure they said it was in the thousands.

oofah...
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiki-taka 14/09/12, 11:48 am

Slakemoth wrote:
02ddsoccerfan wrote:Did you know that when the release was taken to NTX for processing, they said it was the 76th one they have processed since July 1st!!! More common than you think I guess.

This year NTSSA started charging $25 per processed release simply because they said they were overwhelmed by the number of releases processed and requested in the previous year. I can't recall the total number they did, but pretty sure they said it was in the thousands.

oofah...

I heard that same stat directly from the NTSSA President, I was pretty shocked. But if you take the estimated number of players in the NTX area (139,000) I guess I could see that the processing could become overwhelming for one person.

Tiki-taka
Tiki-taka
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 14/09/12, 12:40 pm

Tiki-taka wrote:
Slakemoth wrote:

oofah...

I heard that same stat directly from the NTSSA President, I was pretty shocked. But if you take the estimated number of players in the NTX area (139,000) I guess I could see that the processing could become overwhelming for one person.

yeah, almost full time job to hear them tell it. Somebody on this forum already mentioned this in another thread, but to have that many parents requesting releases speaks to a major disconnect somewhere.
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 14/09/12, 01:15 pm

Slakemoth wrote:
Tiki-taka wrote:
Slakemoth wrote:

oofah...

yeah, almost full time job to hear them tell it. Somebody on this forum already mentioned this in another thread, but to have that many parents requesting releases speaks to a major disconnect somewhere.
My first reaction was to think that 76 is actually a pretty small total when you consider it on a percentage basis. 76/139,000 = 0.05%. That isn't a big percentage to me.

But when you start putting it into context you realize that this number is really not good at all.
- The 76 releases since July 1 means they're receiving an average of 1 release request per day. (76 releases and today is 75 days since July 1.)
- These 76 releases do not represent the number of people that actually want a release. This number only represents the most-extreme cases. 76 represents the people that were so extremely dissatisfied that they are willing to take a financial (dues, uniforms) and emotional loss just to get away from an unworkable situation. These people are discounting this experience as a complete failure.
- The volume of outstanding people that still want a release, but are unwilling to go through the headache and losses, is probably significantly higher.

To me, this says there are serious malfunctions in the system. (Consumer education? Customer Service? Unfair obligations or expectations?)
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 15/09/12, 12:37 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:
Slakemoth wrote:
Tiki-taka wrote:
Slakemoth wrote:

oofah...

My first reaction was to think that 76 is actually a pretty small total when you consider it on a percentage basis. 76/139,000 = 0.05%. That isn't a big percentage to me.

But when you start putting it into context you realize that this number is really not good at all.
- The 76 releases since July 1 means they're receiving an average of 1 release request per day. (76 releases and today is 75 days since July 1.)
- These 76 releases do not represent the number of people that actually want a release. This number only represents the most-extreme cases. 76 represents the people that were so extremely dissatisfied that they are willing to take a financial (dues, uniforms) and emotional loss just to get away from an unworkable situation. These people are discounting this experience as a complete failure.
- The volume of outstanding people that still want a release, but are unwilling to go through the headache and losses, is probably significantly higher.

To me, this says there are serious malfunctions in the system. (Consumer education? Customer Service? Unfair obligations or expectations?)

How many of these have ZERO to do with soccer - I work for a big company >45,000 and we have about a .7 - 1% relocation pool which seems to never stop. Following the law of averages... this might account for more than people realize.

On my sons team we lost TWO (unfortunately really top players) due to relocation in the past 60 day. Dallas is a very transient market - I am here due to the same reason - relocation. 8 going on 9 years, hope to never have to leave.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 15/09/12, 05:22 pm

Hook It wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
Slakemoth wrote:
Tiki-taka wrote:
Slakemoth wrote:

oofah...

How many of these have ZERO to do with soccer - I work for a big company >45,000 and we have about a .7 - 1% relocation pool which seems to never stop. Following the law of averages... this might account for more than people realize.

On my sons team we lost TWO (unfortunately really top players) due to relocation in the past 60 day. Dallas is a very transient market - I am here due to the same reason - relocation. 8 going on 9 years, hope to never have to leave.
Very true, I hadn't thought about that.

It would be nice to know that when NTSSA grants a release that they document the root cause. Thorough statistical analysis may not correct the issue for that individual family on that day but it might help identify potential issues. It could help NTSSA be more proactive.

If the issues are largly due to relocations, then that is entirely outside the system controls and no action should be taken.

If, on the other hand, each year the same coach produces multiple release requests that NTSSA has to process, that might call for some action. Or if one club tends to have a higher percentage of release requests than an average club, that may call for some type of action as well.

Hopefully there's some type of analysis going into these release requests.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweeper 15/09/12, 07:26 pm

Do you know if any of those 76 are merely guest player releases to play in a tournament?
Sweeper
Sweeper
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 15/09/12, 07:52 pm

Is that the total number of releases NTX soccer has processed or just the ones where players petitioned them for a release (meaning the coach refused to sign the release)?
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nukem 15/09/12, 09:33 pm

02ddsoccerfan wrote:Can an unsigned player guest play with a team for league play? Any league...LH, Plano or Arlington?

What if she was signed with a LH team and got a release? (I know she can't play in LH until next season, just wondered if she can guest in Plano or Arlington with out actually signing with the club/team) Question

That statement is not true.
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 15/09/12, 09:52 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:
Hook It wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
Slakemoth wrote:
Tiki-taka wrote:
Slakemoth wrote:

oofah...

Very true, I hadn't thought about that.

It would be nice to know that when NTSSA grants a release that they document the root cause. Thorough statistical analysis may not correct the issue for that individual family on that day but it might help identify potential issues. It could help NTSSA be more proactive.

If the issues are largly due to relocations, then that is entirely outside the system controls and no action should be taken.

If, on the other hand, each year the same coach produces multiple release requests that NTSSA has to process, that might call for some action. Or if one club tends to have a higher percentage of release requests than an average club, that may call for some type of action as well.
Hopefully there's some type of analysis going into these release requests.

Doubt they will ever share the data (maybe you should be on the board - to make a difference) Idea Brillant idea! Idea - you could pareto the data quite easily top-down and it would point out any clear issues. You get elected/hired and I will crunch the numbers for free.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 15/09/12, 09:56 pm

Sweeper wrote:Do you know if any of those 76 are merely guest player releases to play in a tournament?

Is there really coaches that are so relaxed to sign a release for players to go play in other tourneys? I am out of touch if this happens a lot......

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/09/12, 09:58 pm

Sweeper wrote:Do you know if any of those 76 are merely guest player releases to play in a tournament?

No, releases from the team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/09/12, 09:59 pm

Hook It wrote:

Is there really coaches that are so relaxed to sign a release for players to go play in other tourneys? I am out of touch if this happens a lot......

Yes, I know some that allow that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/09/12, 10:01 pm

nukem wrote:
02ddsoccerfan wrote:Can an unsigned player guest play with a team for league play? Any league...LH, Plano or Arlington?

Nukem, I thought that a player could not qualify with one team for LH and switch to another team during the first season? I read the rules and interpreted it that way...also had confirmation from a friend who is a coach/director for a pretty big club. Is there a loophole in that rule?

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 15/09/12, 10:12 pm

02ddsoccerfan wrote:
nukem wrote:

Nukem, I thought that a player could not qualify with one team for LH and switch to another team during the first season? I read the rules and interpreted it that way...also had confirmation from a friend who is a coach/director for a pretty big club. Is there a loophole in that rule?

From the LHGCL website:

C. Youth Contracts and Releases; Player Transfers; and Player Tryout Procedures:
1. LHGCL follows the NTSSA Rules on Contracts & Releases with this exception:
no player may transfer from a team that entered the league through the Qualifying Tournament to a team that entered the league with a Bye before the end of the fall season, without written permission from the President or Executive Director and the age group commissioner(s) of the teams involved in the transfer.
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nukem 15/09/12, 10:33 pm

txtransplant wrote:
02ddsoccerfan wrote:
nukem wrote:

From the LHGCL website:

C. Youth Contracts and Releases; Player Transfers; and Player Tryout Procedures:
1. LHGCL follows the NTSSA Rules on Contracts & Releases with this exception:
no player may transfer from a team that entered the league through the Qualifying Tournament to a team that entered the league with a Bye before the end of the fall season, without written permission from the President or Executive Director and the age group commissioner(s) of the teams involved in the transfer.

Exactly. So if the player played in QT and goes to another team that played in QT (assuming competitive release from first club) then the player can play in LH immediately or if the player was on a team that had a BYE in LH and went to a team that also had a BYE into LH then said player can play immediately (again assuming release from first team).
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 16/09/12, 07:20 am

02ddsoccerfan wrote:
nukem wrote:

The loophole is a release. If you go throught QT and get a full release afterwards you can play with anyone. I know first hand of a player last year in 01s that did QT with one team, got release, and played against them in LHGCL league play.
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down