North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Sanding fields at halftime Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Sanding fields at halftime

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sanding fields at halftime Empty Sanding fields at halftime

Post by bevowhoopin 16/09/12, 01:48 am

Had a situation yesterday when a LHGCL official came out with sand at halftime and sanded down a very muddy goal area. Only one goalbox was muddy as the other end of the field was higher and grassy so no mud. My thinking is that gave the second half team an unfair advantage that didn't have to play in the same conditions as the first half. I'm sure it was still a mess, but maybe the mud didn't cling to the keepers feet as it did in the first half or maybe she had just a little better traction, any which way it would be an advantage. It may have been a little different if it was a city official that came out and sanded to keep the box from getting tore up as bad, but it was a LHGCL official that did it? Why not either do it before the game or wait until that game was over and do it for the next game???
bevowhoopin
bevowhoopin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Sanding fields at halftime Empty Re: Sanding fields at halftime

Post by Guest 16/09/12, 08:00 am

bevowhoopin wrote:Had a situation yesterday when a LHGCL official came out with sand at halftime and sanded down a very muddy goal area. Only one goalbox was muddy as the other end of the field was higher and grassy so no mud. My thinking is that gave the second half team an unfair advantage that didn't have to play in the same conditions as the first half. I'm sure it was still a mess, but maybe the mud didn't cling to the keepers feet as it did in the first half or maybe she had just a little better traction, any which way it would be an advantage. It may have been a little different if it was a city official that came out and sanded to keep the box from getting tore up as bad, but it was a LHGCL official that did it? Why not either do it before the game or wait until that game was over and do it for the next game???

Do you think the LHGCL official was purposely trying to create an unfair advantage against your team?

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 16/09/12, 10:15 am

Our team played on a field with a sanded goal box. The goal box was pretty torn-up and could have used more sand. In one instance a forward sent a grass-burner toward the goal. Our GK bent over to scoop up up, a few feet before she could pick it up, the ball hit a clump of mud and bounced up, luckily our GK reacted and jumped up to save the ghost play!

In this instance was there an advantage? No, but would the goal have counted if the ball had changed course due to the condition of the field and our GK had not reacted quickly enough, of course.

Sometimes wind, rain, sun glare, attitudes, or clumps of mud change the fortunes of the day. See you on the pitch!
midfieldersdad
midfieldersdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/09/12, 11:16 am

midfieldersdad wrote:Our team played on a field with a sanded goal box. The goal box was pretty torn-up and could have used more sand. In one instance a forward sent a grass-burner toward the goal. Our GK bent over to scoop up up, a few feet before she could pick it up, the ball hit a clump of mud and bounced up, luckily our GK reacted and jumped up to save the ghost play!

In this instance was there an advantage? No, but would the goal have counted if the ball had changed course due to the condition of the field and our GK had not reacted quickly enough, of course.

Sometimes wind, rain, sun glare, attitudes, or clumps of mud change the fortunes of the day. See you on the pitch!

What if the clump of mud had pushed the ball wide! What if the clump of mud stop the ball dead! Their are a lot of what ifs that could change a game.

Back to top Go down

Post by bevowhoopin 16/09/12, 12:25 pm

Not saying he did it to create the advantage on purpose, but it happened. Should not change the game in the middle is what I'm saying.
bevowhoopin
bevowhoopin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Dad 16/09/12, 03:29 pm

totalsoccer wrote:
bevowhoopin wrote:Had a situation yesterday when a LHGCL official came out with sand at halftime and sanded down a very muddy goal area. Only one goalbox was muddy as the other end of the field was higher and grassy so no mud. My thinking is that gave the second half team an unfair advantage that didn't have to play in the same conditions as the first half. I'm sure it was still a mess, but maybe the mud didn't cling to the keepers feet as it did in the first half or maybe she had just a little better traction, any which way it would be an advantage. It may have been a little different if it was a city official that came out and sanded to keep the box from getting tore up as bad, but it was a LHGCL official that did it? Why not either do it before the game or wait until that game was over and do it for the next game???

Do you think the LHGCL official was purposely trying to create an unfair advantage against your team?

TS, what a stupid question/accusation.

OP has a great point. Should have done it before or waited until after the game.
02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/09/12, 04:28 pm

[quote="02Dad"]
totalsoccer wrote:

OP has a great point. Should have done it before or waited until after

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicycle Guru-NOT 16/09/12, 06:15 pm

[quote="totalsoccer"]
02Dad wrote:
totalsoccer wrote:

OP has a great point. Should have done it before or waited until after

cheers

TS question is valid and OP is unobservant. This was occuring at fields at Chinn Chapel on Saturday. Had games there yesterday and saw sand being spread on the south end of #1 & #2 immediately after games and at 1/2 time on both fields. Because someone arrived late or was not paying attention does not mean it was not done. Ref quality seems to be declining acrross all age groups, but a conspiracy by the ground crew? Give me a break.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 16/09/12, 09:23 pm

I wish someone would have come a sanded Moss Park #4 yesterday. I have no idea how dd was able to move around in the box to make saves. Her cleats have an inch thick of mud on the bottom I now have to clean off.

Thank goodness our manager changed our uniform colors from white to red for the game because we would have some ruin uniforms other wise.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Refmike 17/09/12, 06:36 am

jen_nah wrote:I wish someone would have come a sanded Moss Park #4 yesterday. I have no idea how dd was able to move around in the box to make saves. Her cleats have an inch thick of mud on the bottom I now have to clean off.

Thank goodness our manager changed our uniform colors from white to red for the game because we would have some ruin uniforms other wise.

Why do you have to clean your daughter's shoes? Isn't paying for the "Club Privelege" and being transport driver enough?
Rm
Refmike
Refmike
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TNT 17/09/12, 06:39 am

Yes unfair advantage, but it may have prevented an injury to either side during the second half.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 17/09/12, 07:49 am

TNT wrote:Yes unfair advantage, but it may have prevented an injury to either side during the second half.
+1. Please look at the bigger picture for a moment.

It's unfortunate that the field issues weren't corrected before the game but getting the issue corrected as soon as possible, even if it was a halftime, makes the most sense. Safety for the children comes before anything else.

What if they'd stood by watching as a girl tore an ACL while losing her footing in the mud? If they hadn't done it we might be reading a string from the OP griping about how his DD may never play soccer again.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't, right? I hope the parents and coaches thanked the people that sanded the field for the kids' safety, not chastised them. At least the people that sanded the field have the sense to realize that the kids' safety is a higher priority in life then the team's goal differential.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 17/09/12, 08:44 am

totalsoccer wrote:
midfieldersdad wrote:Our team played on a field with a sanded goal box. The goal box was pretty torn-up and could have used more sand. In one instance a forward sent a grass-burner toward the goal. Our GK bent over to scoop up up, a few feet before she could pick it up, the ball hit a clump of mud and bounced up, luckily our GK reacted and jumped up to save the ghost play!

What if the clump of mud had pushed the ball wide! What if the clump of mud stop the ball dead! Their are a lot of what ifs that could change a game.

affraid yeah! affraid I know! affraid It's crazy!
midfieldersdad
midfieldersdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/09/12, 08:50 am

A lot of good points. It would be nice for officials to wait to sand between games, but the post about safety of a child is the most important. We all know that the sanding was done to protect our children!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/09/12, 08:52 am

How did the goal boxes get to be so torn up? The fields seemed to be in great shape except for the boxes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/09/12, 09:07 am

02Dad wrote:
totalsoccer wrote:

OP has a great point. Should have done it before or waited until after the game.

Looks like Flanny may need to invite TS over for a spot of tea, and discussion about not posting on txsoccer anymore. lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 17/09/12, 10:06 am

All your games have now been rescheduled to Moss. No one tampers with the fields there.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Dad 17/09/12, 10:14 am

totalsoccer wrote:A lot of good points. It would be nice for officials to wait to sand between games, but the post about safety of a child is the most important. We all know that the sanding was done to protect our children!

Rolling Eyes
02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 17/09/12, 10:33 am

I heard that LHGCL recently hired this guy to handle field maintenance:

Sanding fields at halftime Snow_p10

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2010/01/03/brush_with_immortality/
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bevowhoopin 17/09/12, 05:29 pm

JeffM wrote:

All your games have now been rescheduled to Moss. No one tampers with the fields there.

Most Excellent!!! Much easier to get to and much better fields than most! cheers Love the tall grass, slows the game down to where we don't have to chase those quick girls constantly! I just hit the liqour store on the way in and no worries no matter what happens in the game! drunken
bevowhoopin
bevowhoopin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 17/09/12, 11:55 pm

bevowhoopin wrote:
JeffM wrote:

Most Excellent!!! Much easier to get to and much better fields than most! cheers Love the tall grass, slows the game down to where we don't have to chase those quick girls constantly! I just hit the liqour store on the way in and no worries no matter what happens in the game! drunken

Just hope you don't get the widely known mud pit/lake that is field #4 at Moss. You will be wishing you were back at Chinn Chapel.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 18/09/12, 09:16 pm

jen_nah wrote:
bevowhoopin wrote:
JeffM wrote:

Just hope you don't get the widely known mud pit/lake that is field #4 at Moss. You will be wishing you were back at Chinn Chapel.
Is it true that this MUD pit is at Moss#4?? Would really love to have that one documented. Bevowhoopin can you please confirm the location of this great field.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 19/09/12, 12:13 am

Hook It wrote:
jen_nah wrote:
bevowhoopin wrote:
JeffM wrote:

Is it true that this MUD pit is at Moss#4?? Would really love to have that one documented. Bevowhoopin can you please confirm the location of this great field.

I have pictures of Moss #4 and big bare spots that are nothing but mud.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bevowhoopin 19/09/12, 01:12 am

Hook It wrote:
jen_nah wrote:
bevowhoopin wrote:
JeffM wrote:

Moss Park #4 from the past:
Sanding fields at halftime D2

Moss Park #4 present:
Sanding fields at halftime Cr_mega_493_swampscoccer600

Moss Park #4 future:
Sanding fields at halftime 10101110

Its a Moss Park Carol. I don't know if sanding this would've helped?
bevowhoopin
bevowhoopin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieMaggie 19/09/12, 12:31 pm

I know current field conditions aren't always perfect, but overall, they have greatly improved. Used to work for a guy whose dd was an 89 keep who went on to play D1 college. He used to walk the pitch pre-game picking up any potential hazards from the field, packing down divots, looking for holes. He always carried a few sacks of sand in his car to sand in front of both goals when necessary (which was often) and to fill in any holes he thought were large enough to cause injury. Crazy ... maybe, but he did this before all of their games.
MaggieMaggie
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next