North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

PreSelect Year - How to interpret this email? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

PreSelect Year - How to interpret this email?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PreSelect Year - How to interpret this email? - Page 2 Empty Re: PreSelect Year - How to interpret this email?

Post by Blank77 18/09/12, 04:01 pm

Wait, do you think this should be a sticky? It is important information.

Blank77
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

PreSelect Year - How to interpret this email? - Page 2 Empty Re: PreSelect Year - How to interpret this email?

Post by skillzbeatbrutes 18/09/12, 04:12 pm

cluemein wrote:This really isnt going how I meant. All I was asking was "do we take that as any sort of commitment."
Please stop responding to this.

The answer to your question is NO. Or YES, until the coach finds someone better than your DD. It's in the NTX rules, look it up. Until you sign a contract at U11+, there is no such thing as a commitment by either party.

You may be blessed to have an upright(+)coach who gives you assurances and indications that s/he is committed to your DD, and you can count on his/her word. But legally, contractually, systemically, there is no binding commitment by either party.

(+) based on the content of email, I will leave it to your good judgment to decide if this coach is upright....

skillzbeatbrutes
skillzbeatbrutes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Dad 18/09/12, 04:13 pm

Ajax wrote:Please stop responding to this.

Funny![/quote]

Laughing
02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/09/12, 04:32 pm

"Here is the list of Players that are not allowed to play or train with any other team..."

Absolutely psychotic! The wording is so unbelievable, it's hard to even take it seriously. But just watch and see how many parents stick around with this coach who has revealed the extent to which he is a control freak. I can promise you that MOST of the parents who received this email consider their daughters to be "privileged" and would have been only too happy to keep it all a secret.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 18/09/12, 04:33 pm

Rather than post on this site seeking information from a bunch of people like me who use funny animal avatars to conceal their identity, why not simply call the manager and ask him/her what the email means? However, at this point, anyone who asks questions will likely be presumed to be the person that posted the "secret" email.

Seriously, teams that are "managed" like a black ops program probably have a higher statistical likelihood of producing more drama than most of us want for our 10 year old's club soccer experience.

This post will self-destruct in 20 seconds . . . affraid
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 18/09/12, 04:41 pm

What do they do during PE if the gym teacher divides them into teams? Do they have to sit out? Did they get a note. Man this reaks of DM.

I bet there will be some whispers at next practice, becuase a group of parents will know 100% that this is about their team and they will be wondering who broke the locker room code, while others will be oblivious...but the best will be the ones that didn't get the email but thinks this is their team. They will be beside themselves trying to pry. How many top teams in 03 land got a new coach who is probably runs an obvious coachtatorship at practice.

This teams implodes and it is all on the OP.

Also, Saul is not a funny animal.
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 18/09/12, 04:49 pm

Xara wrote:"Here is the list of Players that are not allowed to play or train with any other team..."

Absolutely psychotic! The wording is so unbelievable, it's hard to even take it seriously. But just watch and see how many parents stick around with this coach who has revealed the extent to which he is a control freak. I can promise you that MOST of the parents who received this email consider their daughters to be "privileged" and would have been only too happy to keep it all a secret.

Agreed. Plus, there is no such thing as a secret in youth soccer.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by copa44 18/09/12, 04:58 pm

cluemein wrote:This really isnt going how I meant. All I was asking was "do we take that as any sort of commitment."

That's what people are answering, and the answer is 'not really'. There IS no commitment prior to contract signing, it's as simple as that. I have an 02 boy. We had 'firm' committments from parents prior to June and I was laughed off these boards as being naive because the coach relied on them then 8 players bailed mid-June. Lesson learned; take any committment prior to 7/1 with a boulder of salt. Better coach/team comes along, player bails. Better player comes along, coach can boot you.

copa44
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 18/09/12, 05:41 pm

copa44 wrote:

That's what people are answering, and the answer is 'not really'. There IS no commitment prior to contract signing, it's as simple as that. I have an 02 boy. We had 'firm' committments from parents prior to June and I was laughed off these boards as being naive because the coach relied on them then 8 players bailed mid-June. Lesson learned; take any committment prior to 7/1 with a boulder of salt. Better coach/team comes along, player bails. Better player comes along, coach can boot you.

You mean it's not all about the kids and the love of the game?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ralfdallas 18/09/12, 05:57 pm

Q: Does email in OP's question mean coach is committed to your dd for U11 season;
A: No. It means only that he doesn't want her getting recruited away from him.
ralfdallas
ralfdallas
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by santos.l.halper 18/09/12, 05:58 pm

I know this coach and he is wily as a fox!

He sent the email to those players he does NOT want to keep, knowing that they will come to this forum and be advised to leave. They will go to another team, leaving him only with his chosen core group.

Well played Coach!
santos.l.halper
santos.l.halper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 18/09/12, 06:19 pm

Just got a text from the nanny of the team manager of my DD's '03 team: "cooch sey U no go. Kids back after U sign"

I didnt realize the club offered free babsittying. Can anyone tell me what this means?
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Urajoke 18/09/12, 07:04 pm

You cannot be serious.

Urajoke
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 18/09/12, 09:03 pm

Urajoke wrote:

You cannot be serious.

Agreed - there is a level of stupidty here that such a email would ever be written or sent out. I can not believe you could trust this long-term, and short-term just relax and make sure you always keep fun as the top ingrediant in your childs journey - without that they won't be playing for many years to come.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/09/12, 09:06 pm

Hook It wrote:
Urajoke wrote:

You cannot be serious.

Agreed - there is a level of stupidty here that such a email would ever be written or sent out. I can not believe you could trust this long-term, and short-term just relax and make sure you always keep fun as the top ingrediant in your childs journey - without that they won't be playing for many years to come.

OH I don't think cluemein is having fun at this time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 18/09/12, 09:11 pm

totalsoccer wrote:
Hook It wrote:
Urajoke wrote:

You cannot be serious.

OH I don't think cluemein is having fun at this time!
It can be gut wrenching indeed, but that just means the PP really cares about thier kid. No nice to be in a happy place. Winning first few games also helps....

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/09/12, 09:14 pm

Your right! This will pass just like all the other threads! Always think on the bright side!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2