North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

What's the biggest surprise for you? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

What's the biggest surprise for you?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What's the biggest surprise for you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the biggest surprise for you?

Post by Gunner9 23/10/12, 05:01 pm

We've been with 5 different clubs and we always paid the coach's expenses. Typically, the mgr purchased all the airline tickets, hotel rooms, vans, etc. and then split it evenly among the players. It wasn't a source of income for the coach or the club.

Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

What's the biggest surprise for you? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the biggest surprise for you?

Post by DoubleDDRedux 23/10/12, 05:14 pm

wolf2.0 wrote:The Phantom Menace.

Absolute crap.
well you'll love Star Wars/Angry Birds !!!
DoubleDDRedux
DoubleDDRedux
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/10/12, 06:41 pm

pitchafit wrote:
my2cents wrote:Yes it may be called Select soccer but it is still a bunch of 10 year olds playing a GAME. The contract is to assure the business get its money. Period. As far as taking the spot of another kid that now does not get a chance? Really? "Well we did not really want to pick you , but since this other girl is not going to play I guess we will put you on the team" Yeah, some 10 year missed the opportunity of a lifetime there!

Maybe you don't quite understand how this works..... and maybe things have changed since my college player was in select...YOu as a parent did your homework, you tried out for a team, you STAYED with the team regardless of your playing time (that was not promised)... the coach didn't have kids backing out then have to go look for other players to fill rosters,then jack up fees for the rest of the parents (tournament fees) because there are less players on the roster.. Maybe our contract was different too.. our contract wasn't just about money, it spoke of sportsmanship, expectations of coach, player and parents...no big surprises.. Play rec soccer!

Yawn, take one for the team huh? Sorry when I pay for something. I make the rules. Screw my family over? You're fired.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 23/10/12, 08:31 pm

pitchafit wrote:I'm kind of surprised at the perception of what parents thought LH was going to be..
'For the Fun of it..not happy... we changed teams even though we made a commitment..'
I know everyone has to have their child's best interest driving them but your child may have taken someone else's spot who understood what it took to compete at this level....
They should finish out the season- happy or not, network with other teams, take some time to find another fit...I think both parents and players will be happy at the end...

It is great to know that you have all the facts and all the answers. Maybe you should start your own advice column. I'm sure we could all learn a lot.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 23/10/12, 09:27 pm

pitchafit wrote:
my2cents wrote:Yes it may be called Select soccer but it is still a bunch of 10 year olds playing a GAME. The contract is to assure the business get its money. Period. As far as taking the spot of another kid that now does not get a chance? Really? "Well we did not really want to pick you , but since this other girl is not going to play I guess we will put you on the team" Yeah, some 10 year missed the opportunity of a lifetime there!

Maybe you don't quite understand how this works..... and maybe things have changed since my college player was in select...YOu as a parent did your homework, you tried out for a team, you STAYED with the team regardless of your playing time (that was not promised)... the coach didn't have kids backing out then have to go look for other players to fill rosters,then jack up fees for the rest of the parents (tournament fees) because there are less players on the roster.. Maybe our contract was different too.. our contract wasn't just about money, it spoke of sportsmanship, expectations of coach, player and parents...no big surprises.. Play rec soccer!

After 7 years of it I know exactly how it works. I am the paying customer, the coach is my contract employee, he works for me. If I do not like the service, I leave. If he has been misleading and decietful, I leave. He does not dictate to me . We treat each other with respect, discuss thing as equals , as two reasonable adults. I have never had any issues but clearly there are coaches that take advantage of people. I have experienced and heard first hand of coaches promising starting and extensive playing time. And yes my contracts were different. I would never sign an open ended contract. Our contracts were set prices regardless of number of players. The only thing that varied was the number of people dividing the tourney expenses.

My other kids do not care for the select environment and despite many offers prefer to play rec. Some of the teams they have been on are as good as bottom select teams. The only difference is they can't cut the few slower less athletic kids. So I will go play rec, and coach it, and love it.

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pitchafit 24/10/12, 09:28 am

oldboot wrote:
pitchafit wrote:I'm kind of surprised at the perception of what parents thought LH was going to be..
'For the Fun of it..not happy... we changed teams even though we made a commitment..'
I know everyone has to have their child's best interest driving them but your child may have taken someone else's spot who understood what it took to compete at this level....
They should finish out the season- happy or not, network with other teams, take some time to find another fit...I think both parents and players will be happy at the end...

It is great to know that you have all the facts and all the answers. Maybe you should start your own advice column. I'm sure we could all learn a lot.

Would love to...send your questions and sign off as 'Clueless' Then I'll know who it is.
pitchafit
pitchafit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/10/12, 09:38 am

pitchafit wrote:
oldboot wrote:

Would love to...send your questions and sign off as 'Clueless' Then I'll know who it is.

That's funny. I'd say you are the one that's clueless if you think your club/coach truly cares about your "loyalty". That is what the clubs feed off of...the ignorant. CHOW...I'm bored with this now and have no desire to continue this weary conversation...I have a happy dd to watch play soccer Wink

btw: she has played on two teams in 3.5 yrs, both of which are among the top ten at LH, so yea, I think we had a clue what D1 LH would be like...just smart enough to realize at age 10...it isn't' the "be all, end all". Over and out.

Back to top Go down

Post by LHD 24/10/12, 10:31 am

02ddsoccerfan wrote:
pitchafit wrote:
oldboot wrote:

That's funny. I'd say you are the one that's clueless if you think your club/coach truly cares about your "loyalty". That is what the clubs feed off of...the ignorant. CHOW...I'm bored with this now and have no desire to continue this weary conversation...I have a happy dd to watch play soccer Wink

btw: she has played on two teams in 3.5 yrs, both of which are among the top ten at LH, so yea, I think we had a clue what D1 LH would be like...just smart enough to realize at age 10...it isn't' the "be all, end all". Over and out.

You obviously need to do whatever you feel is best for your child.

However, after 3.5 years with top 10 teams, you probably should have been able to realize it wasn't the "be all, end all" - before committing to a team. (Girls, coach, parents and club).

LHD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pitchafit 24/10/12, 02:13 pm

02ddsoccerfan wrote:
pitchafit wrote:
oldboot wrote:

I think you misunderstood my point...It wasn't whether parents should do what is best for their kids (that's always the point)..it's that a lot of the parents didn't fully understand the expectations and maybe the environment they put their kids in.. Definitely make changes if the coach is a liar or you were blatantly deceived. I'm saying don't be a person that didn't do their homework first then act like it's all a big scandal.....
This is all...
pitchafit
pitchafit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/10/12, 05:52 pm

pitchafit wrote:
02ddsoccerfan wrote:
pitchafit wrote:
oldboot wrote:

I think you misunderstood my point...It wasn't whether parents should do what is best for their kids (that's always the point)..it's that a lot of the parents didn't fully understand the expectations and maybe the environment they put their kids in.. Definitely make changes if the coach is a liar or you were blatantly deceived. I'm saying don't be a person that didn't do their homework first then act like it's all a big scandal.....
This is all...

It's all good. Love this sport, love NTX soccer in general and especially love all the wonderful friends I've made in the nearly 4 years since my dd started academy. Just taking a step back and enjoying things for awhile. When and if she decides she wants to play more competitively again, we'll be back. For now she is having fun again and not wanting to quit. I just wish people in general wouldn't judge others...you never know what the entire story is until you have walked in their shoes. We all need to do what is best for ourselves and it isn't anyone else's place to think they know better for your family. Take care and best of luck on the pitch!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 24/10/12, 09:41 pm

Does it really matter if 02ddsoccerfan pulled is dd from the team or not? He stated he fulled his financial responsibilities to the team/club. Maybe after going through QT his dd realized it was more then she wanted to give. They are kids and we are asking them to make adult decisions at 10yrs old. He did the right thing is following her lead but keeping to his contract. No where in the contract does it state she has to play just states he has to pay once he signs on the doted line.

Maybe the parents on the team are okay with this. This means those bench riders are now getting more play time. Or a player that once wasn't a starter is now getting to start. This in turns helps push those players to become more skilled and confident on the field. In turn helping the team out. Is really a 15 player roster going to put a strain on the team? NO!

So stop bashing 02ddsoccerfan for being a good parent and doing the right thing. We all know if our dd's came to us crying and saying they were done we would walk away too.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by $exymomma 25/10/12, 06:36 pm

scoregazam wrote:Good and Bad Suprises:

#1 Good Surprise....... FC Dallas South. Granted they have only played 2 of what I consider to be the top 7, they have surprised against teams that I personally thought they would have struggled with. They have been consistent week in and week out, which I bet any parent or coach can say is a challenge in itself at this age. Their one loss coming to Fever and a good win against Sting Rez. They have only allowed 2 goals thus far.

#2 Bad Surprise........ Waco Blast. No consistency at all. I have seen them play quite a bit this year. At times they look to be a D1 team and at times they look to be be barely hanging on to a D2 spot. They do have some talented girls but lack the ability to possess the ball.

#3 Bad Surprise........ Dyansty FC. Can anyone on this team score?????? They create quite a few chances but dont have anyone to finsh. The two games I watched this season they outplayed the team but couldnt get the result due to not having any strikers. Although looking

at their results they have already played the top 3 and 5 of the top 10. Maybe their road gets a little easier

#4 Good Surprise...... Solar Gio. I wasnt a big believer, but I stand corrected. One bad result for you girls IMO. If you could only have the Sting Dunston game back....... Great work to those girls and the coach. Keep it up! Still have to play the top 3 of the top 4.

#5 Bad Surprise....... Solar Red....... WTH? Even their wins havent been that impressive. I mean no disrespect the following teams; Dynasty, Cosmos, and Defeeters, because yall obviously played Colvins team very well, (especially Dynasty) but in my opinion there is way too much talent on that team to be scraping by. I expect them to have a turn around in the second half. If not maybe they are not what we thought they were.

$exymomma
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by $exymomma 25/10/12, 06:39 pm

Fc Dallas south remains as the overrated team that will fall, just like Tim tebow

$exymomma
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/10/12, 07:16 pm

$exymomma wrote:Fc Dallas south remains as the overrated team that will fall, just like Tim tebow
About as overated as being a "Sexy Momma" and knowing anything about soccer. As Grassstain would say " Balls" to you!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MrBoomstick 25/10/12, 07:35 pm

MP FCdad wrote:
$exymomma wrote:Fc Dallas south remains as the overrated team that will fall, just like Tim tebow
About as overated as being a "Sexy Momma" and knowing anything about soccer. As Grassstain would say " Balls" to you!!

Biggest Suprise for me is that Sexy Momma still hasn't changed her IP address.
MrBoomstick
MrBoomstick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by $exymomma 25/10/12, 09:54 pm

Not sure what leads you to believe that I know nothing about soccer, wrong assumption. Mrs broomhead, I don't need to change IP addresses, I have nothing to hide, unlike yourself.

$exymomma
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 25/10/12, 11:09 pm

$exymomma wrote:Not sure what leads you to believe that I know nothing about soccer, wrong assumption. Mrs broomhead, I don't need to change IP addresses, I have nothing to hide, unlike yourself.

If your screen name is $exymomma you need to have an avatar that matches.
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2