North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Dallas Kicks 06 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Dallas Kicks 06

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dallas Kicks 06 Empty Dallas Kicks 06

Post by MiddleClass 18/11/12, 11:17 pm

If anybody saw the Kicks brand of soccer this weekend and would like to be a part of it, give me a PM and I will put you in touch with Coach Juan. Kicks North competed in the Silver Division and Kicks SC won the Gold Division. He has a forum handle also(jm23jm). They have a group of twenty 06's between Kicks and Kicks North and 2-3 coaches who are willing to train and help out. They have teams for all levels of play. Juan coaches the top team and its a system of going up or down depending on the skill level, commitment and improvement. This system has worked wonders in the 01 age group with 3 LH teams at each level. The Kicks SC 06 team will play at the highest level. The 06 team is based out of Carrollton so its centrally located for any part of DFW. We have players from DeSoto, Southlake, Arlington and McKinney. Also, last but not least, the fees are 45 a month. 30 for coaching and 15 goes to field fees. If you want to see his 01 teams play to see his product from year one to year five, PM me and I will give you a schedule of league or tournament games. His 01's are both traveling to Las Vegas this January. They both met in the finals of the Denver Cup in Colorado this summer. I personally have a dd on Kicks SC 01 and Kicks SC 06.

We are about to start indoor for the winter. This team also does many functions together. We have a Christmas party and go to Six Flags together. Many players are younger siblings of older players in the Kicks club also. They have a long track record of players coming in and finding a home for good.

We are looking for a goalie! It doesn't have to be a full time goalie unless that's your child's wishes. The goalies train with the team doing skills so if they ever change their mind, then they have the skills to do it. Very Happy

MiddleClass
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Dallas Kicks 06 Empty Re: Dallas Kicks 06

Post by Guest 19/11/12, 06:24 am

Kicks SC North 06 is Richardson based. Open training sessions on Mondays at Mission Field in Dallas and Wednesdays this winter at the Dallas Soccer Center in Richardson

This team will also be playing Futsal this winter at Sportsplex.

Both Kicks SC 06 and Kicks SC North 06 have a great group of parents and DDs dedicated to the game. If you are interested in your DD checking either group out bring her out and watch the love for the game grow!

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm 27/11/12, 09:08 pm

Dallas Kicks SC 06 will be playing indoor against U7 boys and U8 girls. If you are interested in getting touches with a good group of girls please contact me. We currently have room for 2 players.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by LD9 28/11/12, 09:39 pm

This group of girls are fun to watch. I highly recommend this group for any DD looking for extra touches on the ball. Coach Juan is really doing a great job with these girls!

LD9
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/12/12, 09:41 am

Merry Christmas from Kicks Nation.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 28/12/12, 08:31 am

Middle-class wrote: The Kicks SC 06 team will play at the highest level. The 06 team is based out of Carrollton so its centrally located for any part of DFW. We have players from DeSoto, Southlake, Arlington and McKinney. Also, last but not least, the fees are 45 a month. 30 for coaching and 15 goes to field fees.

Hasn't this club always been advertised as a cheaper alternative to the bigger clubs?
Where's the cost saving? Seems to be in line with everyone else.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/12/12, 08:37 am

We can start at the top of the price range...

Sting Academy - $100 per month
Liverpool Academy - $85 per month
Solar Academy - $75-$100 per month (depends who your coach is)
Andromeda Academy - $85 per month
Dallas Texans Academy - $285 "per season" (every 3 months)

Shall I go on....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/12/12, 09:14 am

Androfan wrote:We can start at the top of the price range...

Sting Academy - $100 per month
Liverpool Academy - $85 per month
Solar Academy - $75-$100 per month (depends who your coach is)
Andromeda Academy - $85 per month
Dallas Texans Academy - $285 "per season" (every 3 months)

Shall I go on....

Who coaches the 06' team?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/12/12, 09:20 am

Juan Martinez and Karina Davila. Both coached all the 06s during the fall season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/12/12, 12:18 pm

Soccer America national girls club rankings
Sting ranked # 3
Texans ranked # 8
Solar ranked # 14

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 28/12/12, 04:39 pm

totalsoccer wrote:Soccer America national girls club rankings
Sting ranked # 3
Texans ranked # 8
Solar ranked # 14

Exactly what does this have to do with the topic at hand?
Not sure how these "rankings" are calculated, but I wouldn't put too much stock into them. I suspect history has alot to do with it.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/12/12, 05:03 pm

History, track record, production, satisfaction, development, programs, experience might be why some do not mind the cost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/12/12, 05:07 pm

And like Kicks they all started from nothing.. JM has proven what he can do...stay tuned folks. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/12/12, 05:11 pm

Yes, get back to us! Juan is good, but he will eventually need quality help! This will not come for free!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/12/12, 09:20 pm

Here's the thing Total - Middleclass created a thread about a team and a coach, not really about a club.

And it's specifically about '06s, which makes them what - u7? Surely that's an age where no NTX parent in their right mind chooses an environment based on arbitrary national club rankings.

From what I can tell, very little structural influence gets exerted on coaches by a NTX club, especially at the younger pre-select ages. That says to me parents for this age better be choosing based on the coach, not the club (and when the DD gets older the socceramerica ranked clubs will come calling).

IMO FCD and Solar Red seem to be the only nationally ranked clubs doing a standout job of development for Academy age players (as in excellence in multiple age groups, year after year). Even within those orgs it's a small handful of coaches getting it done (Missimo, Solca, Bates, Webb, Grubb, etc).

Sting might be the #3 ranked club according to socceramerica, but go down the rosters for their nationally competitive teams U14 and above and figure up what percentage of those players actually spent all (or even most) their formative pre-select years at Sting (u6 to U10).

If I were to guess I'd say 50% or less. What would you guess? Hell you're a USSF A licensed coach and know the NTX market backwards and forwards and you didn't send your DD to Sting until U12. Obviously that implies a massive number of top players when it counts were actually developed somewhere else.

Now back to the topic. I'm a Kicks supporter, but I call it like I see it, and I've seen JM's '06s in action. Forget W/L records - the things they can do on the ball are incredible for such young players. And forget the "low cost" moniker. It's not about cost; it's about value.

A Kicks parent on a JM top team doesn't spend much le$$ than a $ting parent. Why? Because Kicks play ALL the time.

The difference is more of your money goes to extra skills sessions, indoor, league or tourney fees vs. nationally ranked club overhead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/12/12, 04:17 am

3-4-3 wrote:Here's the thing Total - Middleclass created a thread about a team and a coach, not really about a club.

And it's specifically about '06s, which makes them what - u7? Surely that's an age where no NTX parent in their right mind chooses an environment based on arbitrary national club rankings.

From what I can tell, very little structural influence gets exerted on coaches by a NTX club, especially at the younger pre-select ages. That says to me parents for this age better be choosing based on the coach, not the club (and when the DD gets older the socceramerica ranked clubs will come calling).

IMO FCD and Solar Red seem to be the only nationally ranked clubs doing a standout job of development for Academy age players (as in excellence in multiple age groups, year after year). Even within those orgs it's a small handful of coaches getting it done (Missimo, Solca, Bates, Webb, Grubb, etc).

Sting might be the #3 ranked club according to socceramerica, but go down the rosters for their nationally competitive teams U14 and above and figure up what percentage of those players actually spent all (or even most) their formative pre-select years at Sting (u6 to U10).

If I were to guess I'd say 50% or less. What would you guess? Hell you're a USSF A licensed coach and know the NTX market backwards and forwards and you didn't send your DD to Sting until U12. Obviously that implies a massive number of top players when it counts were actually developed somewhere else.

Now back to the topic. I'm a Kicks supporter, but I call it like I see it, and I've seen JM's '06s in action. Forget W/L records - the things they can do on the ball are incredible for such young players. And forget the "low cost" moniker. It's not about cost; it's about value.

A Kicks parent on a JM top team doesn't spend much le$$ than a $ting parent. Why? Because Kicks play ALL the time.

The difference is more of your money goes to extra skills sessions, indoor, league or tourney fees vs. nationally ranked club overhead.

That was a mouth full! I will keep it short!

No,

Yes, many parents are name driven

No, a lot of structural control and demand is falling into academy

Yes, their seems to be multiple options available to young players.

No, most teams are built around a solid core of players 50% or more and USSF A hell you could do it. Over- rated

No, we all know how much change occurs over time.

Yes, I will take your word on it!

No, damm 8:00 am futsal game!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockwall 29/12/12, 10:01 pm

I'll say this, kicks are a good club, but for the long-term we will stick with Sting....

Rockwall
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 29/12/12, 10:24 pm

Rockwall wrote:I'll say this, kicks are a good club, but for the long-term we will stick with Sting....

Well I'll just say this.... you'd better get used to those 3rd place trophies. lol! lol! j/k

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/12/12, 08:55 am

Rockwall wrote:I'll say this, kicks are a good club, but for the long-term we will stick with Sting....

Nothing at all wrong with that. Sting is a solid club and their big 3 of coach Q, Medina and Tatu are among the best anywhere. And when a club like Sting can consistently offer that same level of coaching talent at Academy ages, it might make sense to pick an environment based on the club's reputation.

Until then, I'd focus less on club name and more on the fit your dd has with an individual coach and his/her team.

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 30/12/12, 06:34 pm

My 05s (Liverpool Reina) played Kicks 06 in the Fall and although we beat them, they were probably one of the best 06 teams I've seen in the age group. Well coached, athletic and a sweet bunch of girls. I'd be surprised if they're not in the top 5.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 31/12/12, 11:09 am

No doubt that Kicks 06 is hands down the top team in the age group at this point. They can probably give most 05's a run for their money due to their style of play and athletic ability.
But Rockwall does bring up a good point. How long can they sustain their #1 status over time? The 01 Kicks team sorta snuck on to the scene but this team is gonna have a target on their back right from the start. How does JM keep this team together and away from the "Big Bad Clubs" over an extended period of time?
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by blastit 31/12/12, 11:20 am

the7wolf wrote:My 05s (Liverpool Reina) played Kicks 06 in the Fall and although we beat them, they were probably one of the best 06 teams I've seen in the age group. Well coached, athletic and a sweet bunch of girls. I'd be surprised if they're not in the top 5.

when will your 06s play the Kicks?

blastit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/12/12, 04:39 pm

futbollove wrote:No doubt that Kicks 06 is hands down the top team in the age group at this point. They can probably give most 05's a run for their money due to their style of play and athletic ability.
But Rockwall does bring up a good point. How long can they sustain their #1 status over time? The 01 Kicks team sorta snuck on to the scene but this team is gonna have a target on their back right from the start. How does JM keep this team together and away from the "Big Bad Clubs" over an extended period of time?

We are all entitled to our opinions. So, I respect and can understand why you would say kicks are the top team as they won the PT Nov tourney. However, IMO, I would not say they are hands down the top team. They beat Texan Torres in the finals on Pks and Torres had to two goals called back in regulation. In addition, they tied a team, I believe Sting, in bracket play. Net, they did not dominate...but they did hands down play the best pure form of soccer IMO. Here is what I think is fair/balanced to say:
1) Coach JM is excellent and has done a great job with the girls.
2) The team is hands down a top team.
3) They seem to have a good group of parents.
4) They are special group of girls at this point and deserve all of the credit they receive.
5) We spend a lot of time on this thread talking about this team.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 31/12/12, 05:11 pm

I guess it depends on which rose colored glasses you are looking out of.
So you agree they play the best soccer, but not the best team?
This is a Kicks thread, so it stands to reason that a lot of time would be spent talking about them. Razz
This should be an interesting spring.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/12/12, 05:38 pm

skeets00g wrote:
futbollove wrote:No doubt that Kicks 06 is hands down the top team in the age group at this point. They can probably give most 05's a run for their money due to their style of play and athletic ability.

We are all entitled to our opinions. So, I respect and can understand why you would say kicks are the top team as they won the PT Nov tourney. However, IMO, I would not say they are hands down the top team. They beat Texan Torres in the finals on Pks and Torres had to two goals called back in regulation. In addition, they tied a team, I believe Sting, in bracket play. Net, they did not dominate...but they did hands down play the best pure form of soccer IMO. Here is what I think is fair/balanced to say:
1) Coach JM is excellent and has done a great job with the girls.
2) The team is hands down a top team.
3) They seem to have a good group of parents.
4) They are special group of girls at this point and deserve all of the credit they receive.
5) We spend a lot of time on this thread talking about this team.

https://www.txsoccer.net/t13936-dallas-texans-06-girls-torres

Looks they were talking about you guys here... Hope the drama is over, if not they are more than welcome to come check us out. I would be happy to provide our practice schedule. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next