North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Serious Question for Experienced Soccer Parents Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Serious Question for Experienced Soccer Parents

Go down

Serious Question for Experienced Soccer Parents Empty Serious Question for Experienced Soccer Parents

Post by KSD 12/12/12, 08:09 pm

OK, experienced soccer parents... are there thermos style water bottles available for purchase that don't leak after a month of use? If so, please let me know where to buy them... I've had zero luck finding the right kind.
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Serious Question for Experienced Soccer Parents Empty Re: Serious Question for Experienced Soccer Parents

Post by futbolfreak 12/12/12, 08:59 pm

No, there are not. Smile

futbolfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Serious Question for Experienced Soccer Parents Empty Re: Serious Question for Experienced Soccer Parents

Post by Bicycle Guru-NOT 12/12/12, 09:37 pm

The trick is to be very careful when screwing the lid on. The threads are plastic so if you cross thread them it damages the seal allowing water to leak through. It helps to open the spout when taking the lid off and on allowing the air pressure to equalize, easier on, easier off.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by aggiemt 12/12/12, 09:58 pm

Bubba Keg...Academy
aggiemt
aggiemt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/12/12, 06:37 am

Yes, bubba keg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/12/12, 08:02 am

Bubba Kegs leak as badly as any other after just a few months. It's not just a cross-threading issue inside of the large cap, the spout will also inexplicably begin to dribble if it's not in the exact, perfect, slightly bent position. You'd think the manufacturers could get it right.

Back to top Go down

Post by 97keepersdad 13/12/12, 08:45 am

The Coleman 1 gallon jug is the best. This is the 5th year my dd and 3rd year my bb has used theirs without a leak or problem. The only problem I have ever seen is when the kids let them fall onto the concrete lid side down and the lid splits open. Not the fault of the jug.

Make sure when you take the spout apart to clean it that you get the seal lined up and the spout snaps in completely.

Serious Question for Experienced Soccer Parents 30937177-200x200-0-0.jpg?p=p11
97keepersdad
97keepersdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 13/12/12, 09:02 am

The best in the water jug market right now are made by Camelback. I love 'em. But, unfortunately, they haven't made a design yet that integrates into a soccer bag.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TNT 13/12/12, 10:42 am

97keepersdad wrote:The Coleman 1 gallon jug is the best. This is the 5th year my dd and 3rd year my bb has used theirs without a leak or problem. The only problem I have ever seen is when the kids let them fall onto the concrete lid side down and the lid splits open. Not the fault of the jug.

Make sure when you take the spout apart to clean it that you get the seal lined up and the spout snaps in completely.

My vote is for the Coleman also (1 gallon), ours was three years old, the lid recently cracked due to another player bracing her foot on it and the handle just broke, but we had three yrs of leak free useage.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 13/12/12, 10:56 am

TNT wrote:
97keepersdad wrote:The Coleman 1 gallon jug is the best. This is the 5th year my dd and 3rd year my bb has used theirs without a leak or problem. The only problem I have ever seen is when the kids let them fall onto the concrete lid side down and the lid splits open. Not the fault of the jug.

My vote is for the Coleman also (1 gallon), ours was three years old, the lid recently cracked due to another player bracing her foot on it and the handle just broke, but we had three yrs of leak free useage.
We actually have several Coleman 1G: and until this post I did not realize that we have not had any leak issues for the last few seasons. I guess they do work. Also we never take the spout out.. we only put water in and was them by hand.
cheers cheers cheers

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 13/12/12, 11:02 am

Hook It wrote:
TNT wrote:

We actually have several Coleman 1G: and until this post I did not realize that we have not had any leak issues for the last few seasons. I guess they do work. Also we never take the spout out.. we only put water in and was them by hand.
cheers cheers cheers

OK, does Academy sell these bad boys or did you all get them somewhere else?
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by 97keepersdad 13/12/12, 11:03 am

Hook It wrote:
TNT wrote:

cheers cheers cheers

I would look into taking your spout out and washing at least every couple of weeks. It builds up bacteria really bad. Find a nipple brush to clean it. You'll be suprised at how nasty it is inside.
97keepersdad
97keepersdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 97keepersdad 13/12/12, 11:06 am

kellersoccerdad wrote:
Hook It wrote:
TNT wrote:

cheers cheers cheers

OK, does Academy sell these bad boys or did you all get them somewhere else?

I have always bought mine at Bass Pro. But it's been awhile. I have seen them at Walmart. Google the 1 gallon Coleman Jug and it will bring up stores to purchase at. $8.00 - $12.00 depending where you get it from.
97keepersdad
97keepersdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 13/12/12, 11:29 am

This is a trick question and more information is needed before I can give an accurate response.

Please define the term "month" as you are using it in your question. Are we talking about 1 practice a week and 1 game per weekend during a 4 week period?

Or are we talking about 3 practices a week, 2 games per week, 1 3v3 game per week, 1 6v6 game per week and 3 individual skill sessions per week?

I have found many water jugs that will last a month in scenario #1, but like you am still searching for one that lasts that long in scenario #2.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by texflats 13/12/12, 11:30 am

futbolfreak wrote:No, there are not. Smile

cheers
texflats
texflats
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 13/12/12, 12:20 pm

Another vote for Coleman. Ours lasted years. They looked so beat up and sad that the kids did not want to carry them any more. No leaks though.

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 97keepersdad 13/12/12, 12:27 pm

my2cents wrote:Another vote for Coleman. Ours lasted years. They looked so beat up and sad that the kids did not want to carry them any more. No leaks though.

Use one of the Mr Clean white pads on the outside. Makes them look new.
97keepersdad
97keepersdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermomma 13/12/12, 12:37 pm

I bought my D a Coleman 1 gallon also this summer. It is the best one I have found. We have had bubba kegs and the big orange Gatorade water jug..Coleman works the best!
soccermomma
soccermomma
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 13/12/12, 01:49 pm

My dd got sick of leaking water bottles, so she uses an old 1/2 gallon milk jug. Freezes about a third of it and fills up the rest with water. Carries it everywhere.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TNT 13/12/12, 02:45 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:My dd got sick of leaking water bottles, so she uses an old 1/2 gallon milk jug. Freezes about a third of it and fills up the rest with water. Carries it everywhere.

and you never have to add ice, sounds like a good idea

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by texflats 13/12/12, 04:16 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:My dd got sick of leaking water bottles, so she uses an old 1/2 gallon milk jug. Freezes about a third of it and fills up the rest with water. Carries it everywhere.

My dds practice a variation on this one. We buy cases of 12 or 16 oz bottles of water (dasani, ozarka, Walmart brand, whatever is cheapest). Half of the case goes in the freezer the other half into the fridge. Da kids will typically grab one or more bottles from each side. The one from the fridge is good for the first half; the frozen one is good to go for the second half.
texflats
texflats
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 13/12/12, 06:04 pm

texflats wrote:

My dds practice a variation on this one. We buy cases of 12 or 16 oz bottles of water (dasani, ozarka, Walmart brand, whatever is cheapest). Half of the case goes in the freezer the other half into the fridge. Da kids will typically grab one or more bottles from each side. The one from the fridge is good for the first half; the frozen one is good to go for the second half.

And then you recycle, right?
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by texflats 13/12/12, 06:17 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:
And then you recycle, right?

The downside to our approach is that there are a zillion water bottles that need to be dealt with. Correct.

Going back to the original question, leakage is NOT a problem! cheers
texflats
texflats
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down