North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/Grapevine09/05/24, 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLE09/05/24, 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

New PARP (posts about rankings posts) on why it is so important to be listed at the top of the FBR and/or Human '04 Ranking Polls Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205180 messages in 31966 subjects

New PARP (posts about rankings posts) on why it is so important to be listed at the top of the FBR and/or Human '04 Ranking Polls

Go down

New PARP (posts about rankings posts) on why it is so important to be listed at the top of the FBR and/or Human '04 Ranking Polls Empty New PARP (posts about rankings posts) on why it is so important to be listed at the top of the FBR and/or Human '04 Ranking Polls

Post by slrsoccer 25/02/13, 11:34 am

1. Shelby - laid low for quite awhile but now is back in full swing trying to determine who was and wasn't on the field as opposition
2. Master Bates - doesn't quite seem to have the passion as previously displayed on the board, but is always a threat
3. Istanbul - crept quietly in the weeds until a solid win and draw. Is now in full camo and on the hunt.
4. TCCougars - New poster and the relationship with Shelby has not been confirmed, but both seem to design a well scripted "posting week" during training
5. Go99 - truth be told, he really doesn't seem to concerned about team rankings, but has so much fun drawing others offsides.

Truly, these PCR candidates can all beat each other on any given day and one off day can drop them out of the top 5. There are plenty of talented posters waiting in the wings that can grab one of these spots on short notice. We are truly blessed in NTX to be able to push each other towards the greatness that is truly deserved.

Last edited by slrsoccer on 25/02/13, 02:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

New PARP (posts about rankings posts) on why it is so important to be listed at the top of the FBR and/or Human '04 Ranking Polls Empty Re: New PARP (posts about rankings posts) on why it is so important to be listed at the top of the FBR and/or Human '04 Ranking Polls

Post by the7wolf 25/02/13, 11:46 am

At least tell me I'm #7!

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

New PARP (posts about rankings posts) on why it is so important to be listed at the top of the FBR and/or Human '04 Ranking Polls Empty Re: New PARP (posts about rankings posts) on why it is so important to be listed at the top of the FBR and/or Human '04 Ranking Polls

Post by Guest 25/02/13, 11:49 am

I have to disagree. I think you are way off the mark. You have TCCougars way to high. Don’t they have to actual win something to achieve this ranking? Plus go99 should be much higher- it is difficult to score posts with the wind of hate in your face (during both half’s even).

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 25/02/13, 11:51 am

4 way tie for 7th. This will change once you meet the minimum ranking discussion posts.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 25/02/13, 11:55 am

the7wolf wrote:At least tell me I'm #7!

Don't bother... I have the fewest number of posts compared to all of these characters in the last 24 hours (including Wolf) yet I am #1... Clearly there is no mathematical formula in play here. In addition, I was not debating anyone on position/ranking so there is clearly no intelligence factor in play either.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 25/02/13, 12:02 pm

Plus we haven't had '2good4u', 'truth' and 'TCCougars' tell us who is/isn't allowed to post on the thread yet so that will skew the rankings.

(All 3 of them appear to have static IPs and/or identical IMEI device numbers to other IDs on the forum. Surely none of them could be aliases!!!)

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/02/13, 12:22 pm

Love this post. Is there a developmental camp during Spring Break where we can improve our ranking?

My vote goes to Deuces Dad. Compelling, direct, bold, and most entertaining. And then he vanishes for the world to fight over the scraps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/02/13, 12:24 pm

Istanbul2005 wrote:Love this post. Is there a developmental camp during Spring Break where we can improve our ranking?

My vote goes to Deuces Dad. Compelling, direct, bold, and most entertaining. And then he vanishes for the world to fight over the scraps.

Yes D's Dad is the undisputed no.1 with Shelby and Go99 tied for 2nd.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 25/02/13, 01:18 pm

Shelbz has fallen off his game so he should be ranked lower. Go at number 5 is outrageous I have progressed way beyond jj4mel and am clearly the SRSA of forum posting. The complete package if you will. wit, humor, intelligence, bad spelling, and just enough A$%hole to really piss people off. Now as soon as TCC comes back with all his rase post when he finds them it should definitely rocket him to the top, but we are still talking potential here. double DD and a few of the masters do have to be given consideration though.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/02/13, 01:42 pm

Lmao...passionate soccer parents with computers, smartphones, and work they aren't that interested in...

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 25/02/13, 02:17 pm

I have received numerous PM's regarding the calculations used to come up with this highly scientific ranking. I will do my best to give a breakdown of how ranking points are achieved. However, some of the details will not be given due to the possibility that Gopher could possibly steal them and create a system far superior to the one in place. Please understand, the title may be a little misleading as the volume of posts in regards to rankings is only a small portion of the criteria.

Ranking Importance: Scale of 1-10 with 1/2 point bonuses given for any posts between 11pm and 5am.
[b]10 points - I have trouble going to sleep without the aid of alcohol or sleeping pills in anticipation of a ranking thread and up to 48 hours after the release of a ranking thread.
1 point - I really don't care
[/b

Unquestionable bias: Scale of 1-10 with 1/2 point bonuses given for thinking your teams ranking is too low, even though you have lost 3 of 5 (many times due to your best player having the flu, the other team packing the box, unacceptable field conditions or poor refereeing)
10 points - ranking your team in the top 10 while no one else does
1 point - My team sucks and am glad we aren't garnering much attention

Overall team swapping: Scale of 1-10 with no bonuses available
10 points - if your team has more than 3 players that have played on more than 3 Academy Soccer Teams or any reference made by any poster to recruiting or coach/salesman tactics.
1 point - We have never cut or added any players and really don't care if others do.

Club interaction: Scale of 1-10 with 1/2 point bonuses for Easter and Valentine's Day - FULL 1 point bonus for Columbus Day.
10 points - any mention of team parties involving multiple teams from the same club.
1 point - our team is lucky to make it through training without killing each other

Overall ability to stir the pot - Scale of 1-10 with double bonus points for accomplishing this feat within the same post.
10 points - self explanatory
1 point - there is a NTX Soccer forum?

Life changes (good or bad) made to feed your forum addiction: Scale of 1-10 with 1/2 bonuses for divorce and dry spells with your spouse for more than 2 weeks. 10 bonus points for making your DD want to quit soccer before the age of 12.
10 points - the forum caused you to get a divorce, you haven't wrinkled any sheets in months and your DD now is a full time catcher on the local YMCA softball team.
1 point - we skipped our DD's game to go out on date night, totally destoyed our sheets and my DD can't wait to go to training tomorrow.

As mentioned previously, there are more than just the above algorithims that go into this highly scientific database, but they will not be publicized at this time.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Booked again 25/02/13, 04:17 pm

go99 wrote:Shelbz has fallen off his game so he should be ranked lower. Go at number 5 is outrageous I have progressed way beyond jj4mel and am clearly the SRSA of forum posting. The complete package if you will. wit, humor, intelligence, bad spelling, and just enough A$%hole to really piss people off. Now as soon as TCC comes back with all his rase post when he finds them it should definitely rocket him to the top, but we are still talking potential here. double DD and a few of the masters do have to be given consideration though.

I KNOW you didnt just say you were better than anything SRSA has to offer>>>
Booked again
Booked again
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/02/13, 08:51 am

the7wolf wrote:

(All 3 of them appear to have static IPs and/or identical IMEI device numbers to other IDs on the forum. Surely none of them could be aliases!!!)

How could you possibly know this 7wolf? Has Liverpool taken over administration of this forum?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/02/13, 08:54 am

3-4-3 wrote:
the7wolf wrote:

How could you possibly know this 7wolf? Has Liverpool taken over administration of this forum?

It's easy to find out!

Back to top Go down

Post by Crest1998 26/02/13, 09:01 am

Master Bates wrote:
3-4-3 wrote:
the7wolf wrote:

It's easy to find out!

Yup just as easy as finding criminal background checks.
Crest1998
Crest1998
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/02/13, 09:09 am

Crest1998 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
3-4-3 wrote:
the7wolf wrote:

It's easy to find out!

It just confirms my long-held suspicion that Wolf is really just a sleeper agent working for Unit 61398 of the PLA. Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 26/02/13, 09:50 am

bwgophers wrote:
Crest1998 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
3-4-3 wrote:
the7wolf wrote:

It's easy to find out!

It just confirms my long-held suspicion that Wolf is really just a sleeper agent working for Unit 61398 of the PLA. Suspect

Nah, Israel pays better. Twisted Evil

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/02/13, 10:07 am

the7wolf wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Crest1998 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
3-4-3 wrote:
the7wolf wrote:

It's easy to find out!

Either way, it's the perfect cover... Who would ever expect an NTX soccer coach to have enough intelligence to be a computer hacker...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/02/13, 10:17 am

bwgophers wrote:
the7wolf wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Crest1998 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
3-4-3 wrote:

It's easy to find out!

Either way, it's the perfect cover... Who would ever expect an NTX soccer coach to have enough intelligence to be a computer hacker...

2good4u clearly didn't... !!!! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by 2good4u 26/02/13, 02:45 pm

As I was typing a response to this, the better part of me realized what a waste of time this is. This meaningless bickering is pointless. I'm sure Istanbul and Wolf7 also have better things to do than argue with a fool like me. I want to sincerely apologize for the nasty things I've said and I wish you luck in your careers.

I do believe that all the members on this forum are good people without any intention to hurt anybody. We do have differences in opinion, but we share our passion for soccer and love for our kids. I think this is what can get us into arguments at times. Who of us has not said something they didn't mean or later regret?

I also want to apologize to the readers for wasting your time with this nonsense. I hope you all accept my apology. I want to emphasize, that I am not trying to be sarcastic, although I could understand why you would think that. Let's move on and use our time more productively.

Also to clear things up, I do not have any other aliases. I have no need to create an alias. Whoever said that isn't looking up the IP addresses correctly. Go ahead and check for yourselves, if you feel the need. It really isnt that difficult. This post is unsolicited. I was not asked to write this by anybody. Thanks and carry on.

2good4u
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DEUCEE'Sdaddy 26/02/13, 03:52 pm

I'd like to Thank the Academy for Nominating Me...It's an Honor and a Privilege to Be Grouped w/Such Esteemed Posters...I Grew Up Reading their Posts & Now Here I Stand, AMONGST Them...

"You Like Me, You REALLY Like Me!" - Sally Field

Basketball

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/02/13, 04:21 pm

It was the right thing to do. Thank you for your inspiration! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum