North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Looking for a change?  Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Looking for a change?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Looking for a change?  Empty Looking for a change?

Post by husker4life 24/03/13, 08:12 pm

As the first year of select soccer comes to a close, many will analyze their current situation. If you are considering switching, come check out our team!

Solar Chelsea Stark is looking to fill a spot.

If you are interested in coming out and learning more about our "possession-style" of play, meeting our girls and the coach either PM me for details or email me at kozeny4@yahoo.com.

Good luck to all this coming year.
husker4life
husker4life
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Looking for a change?  Empty Re: Looking for a change?

Post by sideline fan 26/03/13, 03:30 pm

I didn't think you could talk to anyone unless you have a release from your coach and the season was over or June.

sideline fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by husker4life 26/03/13, 04:09 pm

Coaches can not seek out and actively recruit players from other coaches; however if players are looking and seek out a different team/coach a conversation can be had. And possibly even allowed to join a practice or two. Most coaches, if they know you are looking for something different will not force you to wait until the last minute to do so.

Plus, there may be some players who just moved in to town or are thinking of moving from rec to competitive that could be reading these as well.

Hope that clarifies.
husker4life
husker4life
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 27/03/13, 01:06 am

husker4life wrote:Coaches can not seek out and actively recruit players from other coaches; however if players are looking and seek out a different team/coach a conversation can be had. And possibly even allowed to join a practice or two. Most coaches, if they know you are looking for something different will not force you to wait until the last minute to do so.
Plus, there may be some players who just moved in to town or are thinking of moving from rec to competitive that could be reading these as well.

Hope that clarifies.

It didn't. Not sure how North Texas defines "actively recruit", especially after a posting encouraging it, before end of season. Not any coach I've heard of, unless, of course, losing the player doesn't adversely affect his team.

Husker, I know you obviously meant no harm. Just being devil's advocate.
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Longing4agame 27/03/13, 03:43 pm

Coaches cannot actively recruit, but there are no rules against a manager or other parents recruiting for the team.
Longing4agame
Longing4agame
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 28/03/13, 08:24 am

That is not how I understand the below bylaw from NorthTx rules and by laws 3.10.3:

2. It shall be a violation of these rules for any person, team, club or other organization to engage in recruiting as defined above. Coaches are responsible for the actions of all of the above listed participants associated with their team. Failure to comply with this rule shall result in sanctions against the offending party which could include suspension from all soccer activities for a period of time to be determined by the NTSSA Competitive Committee.

I read, a manager or parent can create big probs for a coach, as it is in almost anything we do in competitive soccer. Coach is responsible for parents behavior regarding the team and on and off the sidelines.

Also, no competitive rostered player can attend another teams practice without written permission from current coach. (Don't know of too many people who would intelligently ask for that to happen unless there is an obvious prob between coach and player/family already) Also, there are no transfers or releases that can be approved by a coach after April 1st. (amicable or not)

In my opinion, the original post is very close to the definition of recruiting from other teams with the first paragraph but all else is okay. If other coaches and managers felt this was okay to do the 02 threads would be lighting up like Vegas right now, just to get the jump on everyone else.

Justsayin

justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 28/03/13, 08:51 am

Let's look at the entire definition of recruiting from the NTX rules:

1. Recruiting is defined as:

1. Allowing a player to participate in practice or games with a team on which the player is not rostered unless such participation is otherwise expressly authorized by these NTSSA rules, and all paperwork incidental to said authorization has been fully completed prior to such participation.

b. Allowing a player to participate in camps, skills, clinics, academies or other training activities unless such participation is otherwise expressly authorized by NTSSA rules, and all paperwork incident to said authorization has been fully completed prior to such participation.

c. Actively soliciting a player to break a commitment to his current team in order to join another team. This rule does not apply to Free Agents.

d. Making false, misleading, and/or unsubstantiated negative statements which could reasonably be expected to influence the decision of a player regarding his choice of teams.

e. Offering anything of monetary value to anyone to induce a player to commit to play for a particular team; provided, offering to pay, waive or reduce a player’s expenses associated with participating with a particular team does not constitute recruiting so long as (i) the offer is, in good faith, based on financial need and (ii) any value received is in fact applied to the reasonable and necessary expenses associated with such player’s participation.

f. Committing to or on behalf of a team, a club, a player, or a coach for the upcoming soccer year prior to July 1, whether in writing or otherwise, or requesting or requiring a commitment to or by a team, club, player, or coach for the upcoming soccer year prior to July 1 whether in writing or otherwise. (Note: A coach requesting a returning player to state his intention concerning returning the following soccer year, or a player inquiring about his status on the team for the following year is permissible prior to July 1, but the commitment is not binding on either the player or the coach..)

g. As long as the above rules are observed, nothing herein is intended to restrict the ability of a player at any time to express a general interest in a prospective team or for a prospective team to express at any time a general interest in a prospective player.

ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/13, 09:12 am

justsayin02 wrote:That is not how I understand the below bylaw from NorthTx rules and by laws 3.10.3:

2. It shall be a violation of these rules for any person, team, club or other organization to engage in recruiting as defined above. Coaches are responsible for the actions of all of the above listed participants associated with their team. Failure to comply with this rule shall result in sanctions against the offending party which could include suspension from all soccer activities for a period of time to be determined by the NTSSA Competitive Committee.

I read, a manager or parent can create big probs for a coach, as it is in almost anything we do in competitive soccer. Coach is responsible for parents behavior regarding the team and on and off the sidelines.

Also, no competitive rostered player can attend another teams practice without written permission from current coach. (Don't know of too many people who would intelligently ask for that to happen unless there is an obvious prob between coach and player/family already) Also, there are no transfers or releases that can be approved by a coach after April 1st. (amicable or not)

In my opinion, the original post is very close to the definition of recruiting from other teams with the first paragraph but all else is okay. If other coaches and managers felt this was okay to do the 02 threads would be lighting up like Vegas right now, just to get the jump on everyone else.

Justsayin

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the original post. A message posted on a public bulletin board, not directed at any specific individual, that essentially states "Hey, we're here, and were looking for players, come check us out..." is in no way in violation of the rules.

Furthermore, it is in no way a violation of the rules for a parent or player to contact a manager or coach of another team to inquire about a team at any time. If the parent/player wants to show up at a practice and observe and/or interact with the girls, but does not actively step on the pitch and take part in the practice, no need for a release of any kind, and no violation of any rule.

It also not even a violation for a parent/manager/coach to approach another player/parent on a sideline at any time and say "Hey, I watched you/your DD play and I was very impressed. I'd love for you to come check out our team sometime."

Now, if at any time the discussion turns to INDUCEMENTS - i.e. "Hey, if you come to play for our team, I'll guarantee you X% playing time..." or "Hey, if you can get your release to come play for us, I'll scholarship you for the rest of the year..." or "I can also get your kid sister a spot on suchnsuch team in our club..." Then the line is being crossed.

Also, if a player is allowed to actively participate in a practice without having proper release paperwork, it is a clear violation.

...but again, posting an open invitation on a public forum stating that your team is looking for players and inviting interested parties to inquire and/or "check out a practice", is in no way a violation of any rule regarding recruitment.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 28/03/13, 10:18 am

There is nothing wrong at all and the post is not in violation on NTX bylaws. I have been part of the board of one of the local organizations for about 7 years now. MOST of the coaches that have been around have at least a degree of mutual respect for one another and will not target specific players during the course of a contract period. 99% of it originates from the parents that are looking for a change. The biggest and most blatant recruiting violations actually take place at the U5-U8 rec fields with it sometimes being a whos who of academy coaching convention. Coaches will approach parents before, during or after a game telling them rec isn't for them, they are better than the others, come play on my "top" academy team......... Funny to watch.
1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 28/03/13, 11:31 am

All is good to know, however I was a little short with my explanation of recruiting. I do know a parent can inquire about another team and even watch them, I just stated it incorrectly. However, you did educate me on one thing, I did not know a coach or team rep. could approach a specific player and tell them to come to watch their practice. Thank you.
As far as the rest, it was just my opinion. Just curious would it be ok to hand out flyers and distribute at games and tourneys? I am guessing yes.
justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 28/03/13, 11:56 am

justsayin02 wrote:That is not how I understand the below bylaw from NorthTx rules and by laws 3.10.3:

Justsayin

Sounds like usual position of a parent who is worried about their current team getting picked apart in the upcoming recruiting season and is looking for a rule to leverage. If you are worried, it is probably for a good reason.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 28/03/13, 12:26 pm

@lefty, that is silly. If you read my original post it was to show that parents and managers are also reps of the team. (I was disputing a prior post that someone suggested that a parent or manager is different than a coach in respect to recruiting) the rest was just my opinion. I have known Huskers for many years and speaking her mind is something she does very well, I am usually no different. It was not an attack on her or her teams motive, as yours is, on mine. It was merely how I interpreted recruiting, right or wrong. And when I posted above that I was educated by some of the others follow up posts, I meant it. I know that Huskers would NEVER intentionally do anything in violation on purpose! AGAIN, just passing on my opinion.
As far as the team goes, no worries here, we are strong. I was joking about the flyers. But I am sure you know that, anything to start an attack on a person or team, right?
justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/13, 05:46 pm

Obviously nothing inappropriate about the post, but speaking to the post….

I would recommend avoiding this team entirely, unless you are looking for excellent coaching and a wonderful group of parents/girls..... if you are in to that sort of thing Very Happy

And yes I am biased.

Back to top Go down

Post by Veriteel 07/04/13, 01:57 pm

Which team 'has wonderful coaching? Was told that one top ten team had issues and might not be together.

Veriteel
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/04/13, 02:21 pm

I am not sure this post should be in this Topic? But since you stated problems with teams I have heard up to (4) top ten teams.

This is the time that you should start hearing rumors (True or False) from posters on Teams having issues. It is a way for the disgruntled to get prepared for looking elsewhere. Just remember that it is not always greener on the other side. If you are upset with the current Coach, Club and Parents you will more than likely have the same issues moving to another team. They are the same when you get down to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Veriteel 07/04/13, 02:58 pm

Have good coach but recruiting calls starting. Wow! 4 teams ... That's a little scary.

Veriteel
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joan Of Arc 07/04/13, 03:32 pm

hardtruthsoldier123 wrote:I am not sure this post should be in this Topic? But since you stated problems with teams I have heard up to (4) top ten teams.

This is the time that you should start hearing rumors (True or False) from posters on Teams having issues. It is a way for the disgruntled to get prepared for looking elsewhere. Just remember that it is not always greener on the other side. If you are upset with the current Coach, Club and Parents you will more than likely have the same issues moving to another team. They are the same when you get down to it.

They are not all the same when you get down to it. That's just silly and untrue.
Joan Of Arc
Joan Of Arc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by yea..yea..whatever 07/04/13, 03:55 pm

Veriteel wrote:Which team 'has wonderful coaching? Was told that one top ten team had issues and might not be together.

OP stated Solar Chelsea Stark.. they play PPL I believe..

yea..yea..whatever
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Veriteel 07/04/13, 07:42 pm

Sound like justsayin is losing girls from his team. Recruiting is the game. That's how soccer go.

Veriteel
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 08/04/13, 09:59 am

Sorry Veriteel, my posting had nothing to do with losing players, as I said that is silly. We started with 16 and plan on staying with 16 til the end of season and then like most teams will have some open practices to see what is out there, because as some of the prior posters have said there is always some movement going on between teams.
Also, as I have said the originator of this topic is a friend of mine and she is a great manager, part of a very good team. And yes they currently play in Plano, however there will be a lot of movement in that league as well and as they are top contenders over there, I am sure they will draw a lot of interest.
justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sideline fan 08/04/13, 12:25 pm

First, let me say I have nothing to do with this team-Stark I mean and yes they are in PPL. They are a very very good team. They had a lousy qualifying tournament but "sucked it up" and played PPL and are pretty much showing everyone that they were in the wrong league. Unfortunately they should probably be in D2 but if you blow the qualifying tournament it takes a couple of years to get up there no matter how good you are. I would imagine lots of interest in this team. Wish them well and wish them out of PPL Laughing

sideline fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by h0b0 10/04/13, 10:26 am

Does "sucked it up" mean doing the only option you have? Also, if you "suck it up" does that mean you don't whine? Because that is all I am hearing.
One more thing the teams that will play D2 next season are the teams that EARNED it.
I also like the mutual respect comment.

h0b0
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by CatDaddy 10/04/13, 02:32 pm

Right after a match one of our players and her dad were walking off the field and the coach of the team that we had just played, Solar Gold came up to them was actively recruiting her. He told her that she was a good player and that if they were not happy with their current team that they would love to have her and to keep them in mind, blah blah blah. IMHO, this is very unethical of the coach to do this and he should have some respect for other coaches and not do this!

CatDaddy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 10/04/13, 02:36 pm

CatDaddy wrote:Right after a match one of our players and her dad were walking off the field and the coach of the team that we had just played, Solar Gold came up to them was actively recruiting her. He told her that she was a good player and that if they were not happy with their current team that they would love to have her and to keep them in mind, blah blah blah. IMHO, this is very unethical of the coach to do this and he should have some respect for other coaches and not do this!

Why? They didn't say my team is better or we would scholarship her, just that he thought she played great and would be interested if she wasn't happy. Recruiting is how this system works, coaches that don't recruit - no matter how good, don't usually make it. Besides 90% of the parents don't know good coaching if it appeared at the end of their street, but they have had experience with good recruiting even if they didn't know it.
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by sideline fan 10/04/13, 02:50 pm

Exactly what i am saying h0b0 --don't whine. There are a couple of very good teams in PPL that had a bad tournament and will almost certainly win the challenge for D3-Stark and probably LP Keegan is also probably one of them. Can't disagree with the earning the right to play in D1 and D2. not easy but that is why soccer is fun. I personally think it would be great if there was movement mid-year. But they didn't ask my opinion for some reason lol!

sideline fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next