North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'04 Girls FBR Rankings - 04-10-13 - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

'04 Girls FBR Rankings - 04-10-13

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

'04 Girls FBR Rankings - 04-10-13 - Page 2 Empty Re: '04 Girls FBR Rankings - 04-10-13

Post by Guest 17/04/13, 08:41 am

Why on earth would forfeits have anything to do with team rankings? Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

'04 Girls FBR Rankings - 04-10-13 - Page 2 Empty Re: '04 Girls FBR Rankings - 04-10-13

Post by Anarchy 17/04/13, 09:10 am

Because rankings have everything to do anything Shocked

Anarchy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/04/13, 09:13 am

Anarchy wrote:Because rankings have everything to do anything Shocked

Except QT which will determine a teams future for years to come...

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 17/04/13, 09:16 am

soccermom004 wrote:BW--

Are you counting the 3-0 forfeit FCD Predator had this weekend over Dalglish then?

Sorry, was thinking of the other thread where Fever in 1st place in TGPL.

Huh?? Fever is in first place in TGPL??

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/04/13, 09:55 am

soccermom004 wrote:BW--

Are you counting the 3-0 forfeit FCD Predator had this weekend over Dalglish then?

Sorry, was thinking of the other thread where Fever in 1st place in TGPL.

Nope.

Back to top Go down

Post by seamusdog 17/04/13, 10:58 am

Just to clear this all up. Fever is now in second place in TGPL (Fever did not have a game this past weekend), one point behind Barnes and tied with Daglish. The FCD Premier score (3-0) was a forfeit by FCD Premier. However, the Odyssey tie (0-0) was not an official game and is not counted in the TGPL results. It was just a friendly to give Fever a game because FCD Premier was out of town at a tournament. Both teams were told in advance that it wouldn't count and it was played that way. In my opinion, for whatever it's worth, neither the FCD Premier forfeit or the Odyssey friendly should be included. That would leave Fever at 3-1-1 and Odyssey at 2-9-2.

seamusdog
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/04/13, 11:20 am

seamusdog wrote:Just to clear this all up. Fever is now in second place in TGPL (Fever did not have a game this past weekend), one point behind Barnes and tied with Daglish. The FCD Premier score (3-0) was a forfeit by FCD Premier. However, the Odyssey tie (0-0) was not an official game and is not counted in the TGPL results. It was just a friendly to give Fever a game because FCD Premier was out of town at a tournament. Both teams were told in advance that it wouldn't count and it was played that way. In my opinion, for whatever it's worth, neither the FCD Premier forfeit or the Odyssey friendly should be included. That would leave Fever at 3-1-1 and Odyssey at 2-9-2.

Regarding whether or not to include the Odyssey game, I honestly go back and forth on that. I include games that are technically "friendlies" all of the time. Michael Brown and King TUT games are officially listed as friendlies. SDL does not post scores or keep standings, so technically all of those games are friendlies as well. Since TGPL decided to list the game on the schedule and actually post a result for the game as well, even if it is not counted towards the official TGPL standings, for the purpose of what I try to do with FBR, I am inclined to treat the Odyssey game in a manner similar to the other "friendly" games, and include it in the database.

As I have stated almost ad nauseum in the past, while I try to make FBR as accurate as possible, I do not publish FBR for the purpose of crowning some sort of champion, and I don't stress much over the exact rank of a team unless it gets to be more than ~ +/-5 spots away from where I can justify it based on a close analysis of the actual game results. My primary purpose is to give a reasonably accurate accounting of the relative competitiveness of academy teams in NTX. Hopefully to provide Coaches/Managers/League Directors/Tournament Directors with some guidance to sign up/set up leagues/tournaments with the appropriate level of competition. Secondary is that the rankings do generate some fun diversion and debate on this forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/04/13, 11:43 am

bwgophers wrote:
seamusdog wrote:Just to clear this all up. Fever is now in second place in TGPL (Fever did not have a game this past weekend), one point behind Barnes and tied with Daglish. The FCD Premier score (3-0) was a forfeit by FCD Premier. However, the Odyssey tie (0-0) was not an official game and is not counted in the TGPL results. It was just a friendly to give Fever a game because FCD Premier was out of town at a tournament. Both teams were told in advance that it wouldn't count and it was played that way. In my opinion, for whatever it's worth, neither the FCD Premier forfeit or the Odyssey friendly should be included. That would leave Fever at 3-1-1 and Odyssey at 2-9-2.

Regarding whether or not to include the Odyssey game, I honestly go back and forth on that. I include games that are technically "friendlies" all of the time. Michael Brown and King TUT games are officially listed as friendlies. SDL does not post scores or keep standings, so technically all of those games are friendlies as well. Since TGPL decided to list the game on the schedule and actually post a result for the game as well, even if it is not counted towards the official TGPL standings, for the purpose of what I try to do with FBR, I am inclined to treat the Odyssey game in a manner similar to the other "friendly" games, and include it in the database.

As I have stated almost ad nauseum in the past, while I try to make FBR as accurate as possible, I do not publish FBR for the purpose of crowning some sort of champion, and I don't stress much over the exact rank of a team unless it gets to be more than ~ +/-5 spots away from where I can justify it based on a close analysis of the actual game results. My primary purpose is to give a reasonably accurate accounting of the relative competitiveness of academy teams in NTX. Hopefully to provide Coaches/Managers/League Directors/Tournament Directors with some guidance to sign up/set up leagues/tournaments with the appropriate level of competition. Secondary is that the rankings do generate some fun diversion and debate on this forum.

'04 Girls FBR Rankings - 04-10-13 - Page 2 Tumblr_mjbaqgxIQm1s3u5q3o1_400

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/04/13, 02:09 pm

bwgophers wrote:

yeah...what he said!!

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 17/04/13, 02:21 pm

bwgophers wrote:

Wait!!! Are you telling me all we get is a stupid participation trophy for winning the vaunted BWG rankings Evil or Very Mad
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/04/13, 02:37 pm

Of course not...you also get shot at next week's trophy!!

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 17/04/13, 02:40 pm

ah I see Twisted Evil At the end of the season we have the opportunity to obtain the coveted BWG Cup.

And remember WINNING: If somebody ain't losing, you aren't doing it right.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/04/13, 02:43 pm

go99 wrote:ah I see Twisted Evil At the end of the season we have the opportunity to obtain the coveted BWG Cup.

And remember WINNING: If somebody ain't losing, you aren't doing it right.

the trophy is adorned with a bust of LW's head that when you pull the string says, "this trophy property of 04 rase or it was a fluke we lost....."

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 17/04/13, 02:54 pm

wouldn't know about the fluke part, you probably have alot more experience with the losing part Razz . But LW's head would make an excellent trophy king
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/04/13, 03:01 pm

go99 wrote:wouldn't know about the fluke part, you probably have alot more experience with the losing part Razz . But LW's head would make an excellent trophy king
Not really, we win quite a bit, but the difference is our coach has integrity and humility in victory and defeat...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/04/13, 03:04 pm

And here it begins....8 pages later....

Lets get ready to rumblleeeee.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/04/13, 03:08 pm

kixR4Adults2 wrote:And here it begins....8 pages later....

Lets get ready to rumblleeeee.....

nahh, talking about lp and lw is like chewing on a bone that long ago lost its flavor, i just like pulling go99'S LP tail every now and then.... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 17/04/13, 03:09 pm

LoL there we go. Nothing like some innocent fun times to bring out the angry bitter anti RASE posters. And who is this saint among coaches that you speak of? Maybe we could all be blessed to be a part of your morally righteous team and learn to win with humility and grace.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/04/13, 03:12 pm

silentparent wrote:
go99 wrote:wouldn't know about the fluke part, you probably have alot more experience with the losing part Razz . But LW's head would make an excellent trophy king
Not really, we win quite a bit, but the difference is our coach has integrity and humility in victory and defeat...

No such coach in NTX!

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 17/04/13, 03:15 pm

Man am I glad to hear this is just some made up trophy you guys are talking about. Because when I read Kix's post earlier....

kixR4Adults2 wrote:Of course not...you also get shot at next week's trophy!!

I thought this must be some kind of award sponsored by the "Durty South"! lol!
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/04/13, 03:31 pm

8 pages....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/04/13, 03:31 pm

Master Bates wrote:
silentparent wrote:

No such coach in NTX!

Oh, they exist, they're like the coveted Golden Egg Laying Goose... they just don't have parents or players that are always talking about how good they are or starting controversy - isn't every team good and controversy is what keeps the boards running?

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around hear, is the wife still always right? Your answer lies within the question grasshoppa!!!

Last edited by SoccaDad on 17/04/13, 04:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/04/13, 03:37 pm

go99 wrote:LoL there we go. Nothing like some innocent fun times to bring out the angry bitter anti RASE posters. And who is this saint among coaches that you speak of? Maybe we could all be blessed to be a part of your morally righteous team and learn to win with humility and grace.

you're so easy.....it's not even fun anymore....

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 17/04/13, 03:45 pm

sure it is, you were lurking around for awhile just aching to spew a little LW hate. Been holding that one in for awhile so I am sure it felt good to get a little out. If it wasn't fun you wouldn't do it so lets not pretend this is about me. You could get some help for your LW issues
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/04/13, 04:00 pm

go99 wrote:sure it is, you were lurking around for awhile just aching to spew a little LW hate. Been holding that one in for awhile so I am sure it felt good to get a little out. If it wasn't fun you wouldn't do it so lets not pretend this is about me. You could get some help for your LW issues

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 17/04/13, 04:06 pm

I think this could help. The 12 step program to ending addiction to LW & RASE bashing

1.We admitted we were powerless over our addiction

2.Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3.Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

4.Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

5.Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6.Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

7.Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

8.Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9.Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10.Continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.

11.Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

12.Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next