North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Coaching gone to far Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Coaching gone to far

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Coaching gone to far Empty Coaching gone to far

Post by Top Corner Goalkeepers 13/05/13, 11:56 am

When does a coach go to far?. On Saturday at Carey Invitational in lewisville, I saw a Liverpool america coach do you things that i think went to far.
First thing was that i watch in amazement as he tells his defenders they need to pull the other teams shirts so they lose their player especially when they are the last defender.
The second thing shocked me he was getting so angry he lost his temper at his goalkeeper and made her cry.

When does a paid coach go to far?

Top Corner Goalkeepers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Coaching gone to far Empty Re: Coaching gone to far

Post by Hook It 13/05/13, 12:09 pm

ukcoach wrote:When does a coach go to far?. On Saturday at Carey Invitational in lewisville, I saw a Liverpool america coach do you things that i think went to far.
First thing was that i watch in amazement as he tells his defenders they need to pull the other teams shirts so they lose their player especially when they are the last defender.
The second thing shocked me he was getting so angry he lost his temper at his goalkeeper and made her cry.

I have hear plenty of yelling in competitive soccer. Being loud vs. being degrading are two different thing. Their should be a zero tolerance for degrading....players/refs/parents a like. If that is the case..... it should be reported to the Club with the tournament management on copy. You must be certain of what you hear and document it clearly. There is no room for mistakes as the coaches are a very important of our league.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by voiceofreason 13/05/13, 02:02 pm

I agree in making sure you are not embellishing the facts but as far as coaches being important, seriously? They are paid to teach our DDs to play soccer but in many cases the win at all cost and self/club ego prevent even that. I have seen at the ripe old age of 10 coachs degrade kids to tears while on the field for simple mistakes. North Texas needs to take a firmer stance on the sideline antics of some of these coaches, the example it sets for our kids is pretty poor as far as a life lesson goes.

voiceofreason
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/05/13, 02:09 pm

ukcoach wrote:When does a coach go to far?. On Saturday at Carey Invitational in lewisville, I saw a Liverpool america coach do you things that i think went to far.

Since you are part of the coaching fraternity, why don't you tell us yourself UKCOACH? How far is too far in your opinion?

Back to top Go down

Post by mommabear1 13/05/13, 02:11 pm

Humiliating or degrading a player is unacceptable at ANY age whether it be a coach or a parent.

My daughter was really hurt in a game this weekend and even though at 5'2" and 115lbs, she looks anything but like a little girl...she cried like one and I didn't even care or tell her to toughen up...because she IS a little girl. Coaches and parents need to remember that an 11 yr old that may be mature, athletic and play competitive soccer...is still a child for gosh sakes!

mommabear1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Top Corner Goalkeepers 13/05/13, 02:15 pm

Everything the coach i saw on Saturday did. Teaching your players to cheat or commit fouls. Also shouting at a goalkeeper is wrong because 9 times out of 10 they feel bad enough already because it is pretty obvious when a goalkeeper makes mistake, because they are the one get the ball out of the net.

Top Corner Goalkeepers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/05/13, 02:18 pm

Does this ever happen in the UK? Just curious..

Back to top Go down

Post by mommabear1 13/05/13, 02:18 pm

ukcoach wrote:Everything the coach i saw on Saturday did. Teaching your players to cheat or commit fouls. Also shouting at a goalkeeper is wrong because 9 times out of 10 they feel bad enough already because it is pretty obvious when a goalkeeper makes mistake, because they are the one get the ball out of the net.

I hate when people yell at the keeper. Good grief...what about the 900 mistakes the field players make each season and no one counts those up! What about the fact the ball went through all of them to get to the keeper. Even the best keep makes mistakes and some goals simply aren't save able...no matter what the coach thinks! affraid

mommabear1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Top Corner Goalkeepers 13/05/13, 02:23 pm

Yes it does happen in Uk a lot but coaches in Uk are not paid coaches. The only paid coaches are the professional soccer clubs academy teams and they do not use negative words or use a negative tone. In my opinion the coach i saw was a paid coach, the way he spoke to his goalkeeper and player i would not let my boss speak to me in any other environment.

Top Corner Goalkeepers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 13/05/13, 02:24 pm

mommabear1 wrote:
ukcoach wrote:Everything the coach i saw on Saturday did. Teaching your players to cheat or commit fouls. Also shouting at a goalkeeper is wrong because 9 times out of 10 they feel bad enough already because it is pretty obvious when a goalkeeper makes mistake, because they are the one get the ball out of the net.

I hate when people yell at the keeper. Good grief...what about the 900 mistakes the field players make each season and no one counts those up! What about the fact the ball went through all of them to get to the keeper. Even the best keep makes mistakes and some goals simply aren't save able...no matter what the coach thinks! affraid

But.......was this keeper on the official tournament roster?? lol!
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by mommabear1 13/05/13, 02:29 pm

ukcoach wrote:Yes it does happen in Uk a lot but coaches in Uk are not paid coaches. The only paid coaches are the professional soccer clubs academy teams and they do not use negative words or use a negative tone. In my opinion the coach i saw was a paid coach, the way he spoke to his goalkeeper and player i would not let my boss speak to me in any other environment.

Funny you should say that...because we should be their boss...we pay them, right? Our select soccer "system" really does seem to have things upside down. Parents paying the very coaches that are berating and verbally assaulting our children and adult officials AND many of them lie to our faces! Wow...glad I saved that $3 to sign up for this again in July Wink

Of course there are some really awesome coaches. But parents need to hold the awful ones accountable and realize winning is not everything and winning at all costs is really a terrible thing to teach your children.

mommabear1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom13 13/05/13, 02:51 pm

mommabear1 wrote:Humiliating or degrading a player is unacceptable at ANY age whether it be a coach or a parent.

My daughter was really hurt in a game this weekend and even though at 5'2" and 115lbs, she looks anything but like a little girl...she cried like one and I didn't even care or tell her to toughen up...because she IS a little girl. Coaches and parents need to remember that an 11 yr old that may be mature, athletic and play competitive soccer...is still a child for gosh sakes!

how is your daughter? is she ok?
soccermom13
soccermom13
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mommabear1 13/05/13, 02:54 pm

X-rays at 3:20 today but I don't think it is anything major. Just bruised and swollen...and 11 yr old girl "drama" Smile lol

I'll enjoy not driving her around the world to practice for a week!

Congrats to you guys. Saints are a very good team! And it makes me feel better we lost to the team that won the tourney! Very Happy

mommabear1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom13 13/05/13, 03:00 pm

mommabear1 wrote:X-rays at 3:20 today but I don't think it is anything major. Just bruised and swollen...and 11 yr old girl "drama" Smile lol

Congrats to you guys. Saints are a very good team! And it makes me feel better we lost to the team that won the tourney! Very Happy

good to hear.. hope she is better.. thank you .. the girls have worked hard and both semi and final were very competive games.. just glad we have a few lucky bounces..
soccermom13
soccermom13
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 13/05/13, 03:04 pm

mommabear1 wrote:

I know in my years of coaching, I always blamed the keeper when we lost. How many games could the team have one if the keeper can just make what, 2-3 extra saves? It is a 60-90 minute game, is it too much to ask to make what, one extra save every 20-30 minutes? Maybe if she spent more time running instead of just standing there, I mean really?
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mommabear1 13/05/13, 03:05 pm

Blank77 wrote:
mommabear1 wrote:

I know in my years of coaching, I always blamed the keeper when we lost. How many games could the team have one if the keeper can just make what, 2-3 extra saves? It is a 60-90 minute game, is it too much to ask to make what, one extra save every 20-30 minutes? Maybe if she spent more time running instead of just standing there, I mean really?

Ok, so you made me laugh lol!

mommabear1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mommabear1 13/05/13, 06:33 pm

soccermom13 wrote:
mommabear1 wrote:X-rays at 3:20 today but I don't think it is anything major. Just bruised and swollen...and 11 yr old girl "drama" Smile lol

good to hear.. hope she is better.. thank you .. the girls have worked hard and both semi and final were very competive games.. just glad we have a few lucky bounces..

Doc said it is a lateral collateral ligament strain. She has to wear a brace and no sports for two weeks. Not good when she was supposed to guest play with two different teams the next two weekends Sad.

mommabear1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 13/05/13, 08:19 pm

So, just a little collateral damage....lol, ha ha ha
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by CoachKyle101 14/05/13, 11:44 am

A coach, not just paid coaches, go to far when they take the fun out of the game. Do we like to win? Yes. Do we like to play the game well? Yes.

But, when a coach takes the fun out of a game, then they've gone to far. Soccer's a game no different than Shoots and Ladders, or Monopoly. Games are there to be enjoyed. When integrity and morals have been sacrificed in order to win, that's when things have gone to far.

When a coach places winning at all costs over player development and enjoying the game... that's when they've gone to far.
CoachKyle101
CoachKyle101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 14/05/13, 12:33 pm

ukcoach wrote:

First off, it's too. As in too far.

And the answer to your question is as soon as it's about the coach and not the player. Which describes about 95% of coaches in NTX.

And weren't you advertising "paid" services in another thread? So why the emphasis on paid?
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Top Corner Goalkeepers 14/05/13, 12:35 pm

I was emphasis on the paid because he was getting paid. If i ever reacted and treated the girls like he did to any of my teams or goalkeepers i would not want to get paid.
One more things come on wigan

Top Corner Goalkeepers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 14/05/13, 12:38 pm

They've been on a 72-hr bender. drunken
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Top Corner Goalkeepers 14/05/13, 12:43 pm

Show how much u know there manager told them know drinking plus todays game is worth 50 million pounds. So they will want it

Top Corner Goalkeepers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 14/05/13, 12:50 pm

My da can beat up your da!! How old are you? 12?
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/05/13, 12:51 pm

Ukcoach, your English is terrible!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content