North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'04 Girls FBR Rankings - 05-13-13 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

'04 Girls FBR Rankings - 05-13-13

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

'04 Girls FBR Rankings - 05-13-13 Empty '04 Girls FBR Rankings - 05-13-13

Post by Guest 13/05/13, 07:56 pm

Current Rankings include game results from Jan. 25th, 2013 Through PRESENT

'04 Girls FBR Rankings - 05-13-13 04_fbr13

Current Inter-Tier Records
'04 Girls FBR Rankings - 05-13-13 04_int13

Back to top Go down

'04 Girls FBR Rankings - 05-13-13 Empty Re: '04 Girls FBR Rankings - 05-13-13

Post by SwitchDaField 13/05/13, 09:18 pm

Huh? BW, I'm sure you have the scientific formula to explain how LFS is one up over Dalglish. So LFS took a bad loss against RASE (11-0), they beat DTS (3-2), got beat twice against Dalglish within two weeks (total 8-1) and still at #2. Huh??

Mind I say, probably no team in top 5 or even top 3 took a loss by that large of an amount (11-0) in 04 FBR history. Does goal for and against have any bearing in your formula? Must not have..

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/05/13, 10:30 pm

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:Huh? BW, I'm sure you have the scientific formula to explain how LFS is one up over Dalglish. So LFS took a bad loss against RASE (11-0), they beat DTS (3-2), got beat twice against Dalglish within two weeks (total 8-1) and still at #2. Huh??

Mind I say, probably no team in top 5 or even top 3 took a loss by that large of an amount (11-0) in 04 FBR history. Does goal for and against have any bearing in your formula? Must not have..

Because with years of factual, historical data, this would indicate that the #2 team would absolutely beat the #3 tea... waittt a minute... scratch tongue
Sorry BW, had to. Just messin with you. But really, perhaps just a minor tweak to the calcs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/05/13, 11:15 pm

The Real Decoy wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:Huh? BW, I'm sure you have the scientific formula to explain how LFS is one up over Dalglish. So LFS took a bad loss against RASE (11-0), they beat DTS (3-2), got beat twice against Dalglish within two weeks (total 8-1) and still at #2. Huh??

Because with years of factual, historical data, this would indicate that the #2 team would absolutely beat the #3 tea... waittt a minute... scratch tongue
Sorry BW, had to. Just messin with you. But really, perhaps just a minor tweak to the calcs?

Nope. No adjustment needed. If you look at the results, you can make a logical argument for any order of teams #2-4. The same weekend that Dalglish beat LFS twice, LFS tied and beat DT South (the only 2 blemishes on DT South's record this spring), while DT South beat Dalglish.

LFS also beat Dalglish back in Feb., and that result is still in the database and carries the same weight at the recent games. LFS has also beaten Fever 4-0 (Dalglish played Fever to a draw), and beat DT Scott 2-0 in their only meeting (Dalglish has a draw and a 2-1 win over DT Scott).

Bottom line is that it comes down to a numbers game (and yes Margin of Victory is part of the calculation). The FBR numbers currently work out slightly in LFS's favor.

Now, as I've stated many times before, if there was one change I would like to make to FBR, it would be the ability to apply a sliding weight scale to the age of the result, such that more recent results carry more weight than older results. If there was a sliding weight scale, Dalglish would probably come out slightly ahead of LFS, since Dalglish's loss to LFS, and their draws against Fever and DT Scott all happened back in the Feb-1st weekend of March. However, FBR hasn't obliged my request for such a feature in the software yet. So, as I have stated many times before, FBR gives a snapshot of a team's full body of work over the most recent 16 week period, with all results getting equal weight in that time period.

FBR is simply one way to slice the data, and frankly, if you are getting worked up over a team being 1 or 2 spots out of whack, then you are missing the point of why I post the rankings in the 1st place. But again, I've stated that many, many times before as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 13/05/13, 11:46 pm

I don't believe I'm getting worked up. Just wanted clarity.. You may have the formula and when you look at it just don't add up. You mentioned the tie to Fever & DT Scott and losses to LFS & DTS for Dalglish. I see Dalglish has 2 losses versus LFS 5. Three of them to Rase and Dalglish and the other two to whom?? So you saying those two other losses have no will effect on thier ranking position? I also believe SDL D1 which LFS and DTS played in probably didn't carry as much weight as TGPL. But hey, I could be wrong..

Bottom line is that it comes down to a numbers game (and yes Margin of Victory is part of the calculation). The FBR numbers currently work out slightly in LFS's favor.
Margin of victory is part of calculation - hard to swallow when you get out scored 29-1 in a total of three games.

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/05/13, 04:29 am

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:I don't believe I'm getting worked up. Just wanted clarity.. You may have the formula and when you look at it just don't add up. You mentioned the tie to Fever & DT Scott and losses to LFS & DTS for Dalglish. I see Dalglish has 2 losses versus LFS 5. Three of them to Rase and Dalglish and the other two to whom?? So you saying those two other losses have no will effect on thier ranking position? I also believe SDL D1 which LFS and DTS played in probably didn't carry as much weight as TGPL. But hey, I could be wrong..

Margin of victory is part of calculation - hard to swallow when you get out scored 29-1 in a total of three games.

I think you may want to double check your facts on that one.....Oh, and your math. I'm sure BW can help you with both.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/05/13, 07:40 am

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote: I see Dalglish has 2 losses versus LFS 5. Three of them to Rase and Dalglish and the other two to whom?? So you saying those two other losses have no will effect on thier ranking position?

Other 2 losses are to Tx. Spirit Clark. LFS also has 2 W's against Tx. Spirit Clark

I also believe SDL D1 which LFS and DTS played in probably didn't carry as much weight as TGPL. But hey, I could be wrong..

LFS actually played in SDL Platinum with RASE, Dalglish, Tx. Spirit, DT Scott, etc.

Actually 19-1, but hey, who's counting. Laughing Even with those three games, LFS still has an average of MoV of +1.6 vs. +2.8 for Dalglish. (By comparison, DTS average MoV is +4.8 and RASE is +7.4). So while it is an advantage for Dalglish, it's not a huge advantage, and is offset by LFS's advantage in Most Weighted Wins and slight advantage in Strength of Schedule.

Again, you can make legitimate arguments for any order of LFS/Dalglish/DTS. LFS Beat (and tied) DTS, who beat Dalglish, who beat LFS.

If your system puts heavy weight on straight W-L record, it's DTS-Dalglish-LFS...
If your system puts heavy weight recent head-to-head + recent MoV, it's Dalglish-DTS-LFS...
If your system puts heavy weight on Weighted Wins and SoS over 4 months, it's LFS-Dalglish-DTS...

Take your pick. I can make a rational argument for any of them. FBR just happens to be one of these options.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/05/13, 08:01 am

bwgophers wrote:
Now, as I've stated many times before, if there was one change I would like to make to FBR, it would be the ability to apply a sliding weight scale to the age of the result, such that more recent results carry more weight than older results.

Couldn't you just plug the data into an excel sheet and do that? You'd just have to subjectively determine what the older games are worth.

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 14/05/13, 08:07 am

The Real Decoy wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Now, as I've stated many times before, if there was one change I would like to make to FBR, it would be the ability to apply a sliding weight scale to the age of the result, such that more recent results carry more weight than older results.

Couldn't you just plug the data into an excel sheet and do that? You'd just have to subjectively determine what the older games are worth.

As much as people complain about the current state, adding subjectivity to it would make it a million times worse. Two people can't even agree to disagree on here. Imagine one person being subjective on something as "important" as rankings.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/05/13, 08:13 am

The Real Decoy wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

Sure, if I had the extra hours in my week to do it, but I don't. Care to help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Anarchy 14/05/13, 08:15 am

The Real Decoy wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

Then do it yourself. If you dont like his rankings dont pay them any attention. The day he stops doing them becuase he's tired of answering to all the objections we will blame all the people like you! Take them as they are. If you have a question look at the previous ranking post and I am sure it was answered the week prior.

Thank you for the time you put into this BW

Anarchy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 14/05/13, 08:20 am

Keep it up BW, I think I have said this before, it's easier to piss and moan about this one than to try to come up with one on your own. I do think there is one thing that 4DaLuv and some others are forgetting here. Dalglish doesn't get the SOS help from playing RASE. And there is only one person to point the finger at for that. Every other game in SDL Platinum was played this year, except that one. Why wasn't there a RASE, DAlglish, LFS round robin on the last day??? I would guess that if Dalglish played us and took the loss, it would bump Dalglish ahead of LFS. And I also think it wouldn't hurt the margin of victory that much. Because I bet LW would take it easy on Dalglish.
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 14/05/13, 08:23 am

Anarchy wrote:
The Real Decoy wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

Then do it yourself. If you dont like his rankings dont pay them any attention. The day he stops doing them becuase he's tired of answering to all the objections we will blame all the people like you! Take them as they are. If you have a question look at the previous ranking post and I am sure it was answered the week prior.

cheers
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 14/05/13, 08:31 am

Anarchy wrote:
The Real Decoy wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

Why won't you stick your thumb up your azz, pull it out and suck it. One person asking questions about what he or she sees is bad??. I'm sure there have been worst outlash from other parents of where their teams ranking is at.

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 14/05/13, 08:38 am

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Anarchy wrote:
The Real Decoy wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

Why won't you stick your thumb up your azz, pull it out and suck it. One person asking questions about what he or she sees is bad??. I'm sure there have been worst outlash from other parents of where their teams ranking is at.

Whoa Whoa Whoa Killer!!!! Yes there have been worst questions asked before, I think Tatonka's point was.......Go look on every other FBR that has ever been posted and find the answer. Surely BW gets tired of answering the same question every time he posts one of these. I know I would.
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 14/05/13, 08:41 am

Soccer Po Boy wrote:Keep it up BW, I think I have said this before, it's easier to piss and moan about this one than to try to come up with one on your own. I do think there is one thing that 4DaLuv and some others are forgetting here. Dalglish doesn't get the SOS help from playing RASE. And there is only one person to point the finger at for that. Every other game in SDL Platinum was played this year, except that one. Why wasn't there a RASE, DAlglish, LFS round robin on the last day??? I would guess that if Dalglish played us and took the loss, it would bump Dalglish ahead of LFS. And I also think it wouldn't hurt the margin of victory that much. Because I bet LW would take it easy on Dalglish.

You almost got me got up into that (RASE vs DALGLISH) debate Po Boy. I'm just going to laugh on this one!!

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 14/05/13, 08:44 am

Huh? Taco who??

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 14/05/13, 08:44 am

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Soccer Po Boy wrote:Keep it up BW, I think I have said this before, it's easier to piss and moan about this one than to try to come up with one on your own. I do think there is one thing that 4DaLuv and some others are forgetting here. Dalglish doesn't get the SOS help from playing RASE. And there is only one person to point the finger at for that. Every other game in SDL Platinum was played this year, except that one. Why wasn't there a RASE, DAlglish, LFS round robin on the last day??? I would guess that if Dalglish played us and took the loss, it would bump Dalglish ahead of LFS. And I also think it wouldn't hurt the margin of victory that much. Because I bet LW would take it easy on Dalglish.

You almost got me got up into that (RASE vs DALGLISH) debate Po Boy. I'm just going to laugh on this one!!

Why laugh? A simple Dalglish beating by RASE would fix what you are complaining about.
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Anarchy 14/05/13, 08:45 am

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Anarchy wrote:
The Real Decoy wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

My goodness. BW answers to all the questions raised after the rankings post. I am sure he will grow tired of taking hours to compile the information then defend his own unofficial ranking system. He does this for fun, (I think) lol and I dont want the fun to be drained from it while my kid is still playing. Yes there have been worse, but hate to see him have to answer the same questions every week for every age group,well mainly the 04s they seem the biggest Divas!

Anarchy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 14/05/13, 08:47 am

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:Huh? Taco who??

Ahhhhh...you're drunk. That explains it. Go home and sober up buddy. Smile
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 14/05/13, 08:55 am

Soccer Po Boy wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:

Why laugh? A simple Dalglish beating by RASE would fix what you are complaining about.

Or not tying scott or screwing around and loosing to LFS. I believe RASE traded it's Dalglish game for a shot at LFS.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/05/13, 08:58 am

Anarchy wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Anarchy wrote:
The Real Decoy wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

My goodness. BW answers to all the questions raised after the rankings post. I am sure he will grow tired of taking hours to compile the information then defend his own unofficial ranking system. He does this for fun, (I think) lol and I dont want the fun to be drained from it while my kid is still playing. Yes there have been worse, but hate to see him have to answer the same questions every week for every age group,well mainly the 04s they seem the biggest Divas!

Agree- I like seeing these- they do not have these on the boys side and I want to see these when BW ranks my daughters age group. . 4daluv look it up TRD questions the system like every other FBR. Bw my advise to you is to put all the LP teams at the top of FBR and then I am sure you will get some Love.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 14/05/13, 09:00 am

go99 wrote:
Soccer Po Boy wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:

Or not tying scott or screwing around and loosing to LFS. I believe RASE traded it's Dalglish game for a shot at LFS.

Yeah you're right. I'm sure that's the reason.
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 14/05/13, 09:04 am

Soccer Po Boy wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:Huh? Taco who??

Ahhhhh...you're drunk. That explains it. Go home and sober up buddy. Smile

Exactly, I was agreeing with Anarchy. To argue with BW and this system over one single spot, both spots being under the almighty RASE 04, is just petty and ridiculous. Let BW do what the rest of us enjoy looking at the with the FBRs. Sure, asking a question is fine but don't attack the guy and his software. Find something else to attack, like cheating coaches.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 14/05/13, 09:11 am

Soccer Po Boy wrote:
go99 wrote:
Soccer Po Boy wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:

Yeah you're right. I'm sure that's the reason.

No way we could pass at a shot to face the team that was gonna take down RASE. DTS was looking promising and then they went and screwed it up
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next