North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

McKinney Flamefest - FC Divas Green Stars Forfeit? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

McKinney Flamefest - FC Divas Green Stars Forfeit?

Go down

McKinney Flamefest - FC Divas Green Stars Forfeit? Empty McKinney Flamefest - FC Divas Green Stars Forfeit?

Post by soccerisfun 17/06/13, 07:35 am

Does anyone have any information on this?  It appears they won their first game of the tourney, and showed up for the second.  But the second was never played, and they were subsequently awarded forfeits on all their games.

Congrats to Solar Chelsea Armstong on the win!

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

McKinney Flamefest - FC Divas Green Stars Forfeit? Empty Re: McKinney Flamefest - FC Divas Green Stars Forfeit?

Post by soccerinsane 17/06/13, 08:39 am

We were told right before our noon game (as we are wondering why on earth the game isn't starting since everyone was there) that every girl on the team was an 03 except one.
soccerinsane
soccerinsane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

McKinney Flamefest - FC Divas Green Stars Forfeit? Empty Re: McKinney Flamefest - FC Divas Green Stars Forfeit?

Post by soccerinsane 17/06/13, 08:43 am

PS--ditto on the congrats to Solar!  Coach seems like a super nice guy, and great sportsmanship from team and coach.
soccerinsane
soccerinsane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 17/06/13, 09:41 am

We were told right before our noon game (as we are wondering why on earth the game isn't starting since everyone was there) that every girl on the team was an 03 except one.

Did the TD still let y'all play the game?
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerinsane 17/06/13, 09:45 am

Nope Sad  Although, to be completely honest, I didn't actually hear our coach ask the tournament crew because I was over telling the parents what happened--I just know he would have wanted to do that and am guessing he asked.
soccerinsane
soccerinsane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 17/06/13, 09:59 am

TD should have let y'all play regardless of outcome and still given y'all win (3-0) forfeit..
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 17/06/13, 11:10 am

Any action being taken against the coach - Freddy Cruz - and / or team?  Pretty despicable they felt the need to cheat that bad to win.  Are they that hard up for a tournament win?  Playing down in a  tournament in an attempt to win some medals is about as low as it gets.

Have they been playing these over-aged girls all season?  What about the parents?  Some clearly knew that their girls were playing down a division.  Shame on them!

I wonder if some parents on the team may not have known (and who lost out on their tournament fees an whatever good name they had).  But those who now remain with this clear cheater only appear to condone this behavior and enable his actions.

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 007shaken 17/06/13, 11:15 am

This kind of thing has been happening for years.  I can't remember any sanctions of any kind.  It's like - Oops, we didn't know....
007shaken
007shaken
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by upper95 17/06/13, 12:48 pm

TD could not allow the game to be played even as a friendly because it would be unsanctioned and the players and tournament would not have been insured.

Coin flip had occurred, then tournament rep told the referees that she needed to do a roster check on the Stars.
Following the check, the referees were told that game would not be played and would be recorded as a 3-0 forfeit.

The Stars had 4 "guest" players that were not listed on the roster - all were too old for the group.  It was a tournament requirement that all players be listed on the roster, aside from  the age restrictions.  Some of the players on the roster were also too old for the age group. There were not enough eligible players to start the game, even if the others were excluded.

Possible that the team registered for the wrong bracket because the U10 was full.  The roster issue (ages) was not discovered at check-in.

Ultimately, the team was removed from the tournament.

Last edited by upper95 on 17/06/13, 01:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : content)

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/06/13, 12:56 pm

What is it with coaches called Fred?

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 17/06/13, 01:53 pm

upper95 wrote:The Stars had 4 "guest" players that were not listed on the roster - all were too old for the group.  It was a tournament requirement that all players be listed on the roster, aside from  the age restrictions.  Some of the players on the roster were also too old for the age group. There were not enough eligible players to start the game, even if the others were excluded.

Possible that the team registered for the wrong bracket because the U10 was full.  The roster issue (ages) was not discovered at check-in.

Not likely - I heard they actually had an 02 playing as one of their unlisted "guests".

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerpapa2 17/06/13, 09:46 pm

I've seen this happen in the boys' side a lot. I gras it happens to the girls too.
How could the coach or parents not know! The schedule bracket says u9!

soccerpapa2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC 17/06/13, 11:08 pm

Well they were U9 a couple of years ago!ShockedVery Happy
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesoccer 18/06/13, 12:41 am

Does this group have just 1 team or is there other age brackets in the Green Star originization? Reason I'm asking is this team played in the Prime Time Summer Classic back in May. They lost to DTN 9-0 and then beat TFC 1-0. TFC has played DTN in same tournament resulting in a 1-1 Dual. DTN and TFC played each other this spring that game ended in a dual. So closely matched teams. 

How are the results so drastic when Green Star plays against DTN vs TFC ( who are closely matched)? Only thing that pops up in my head is Green Star got beat 5-1 by Rase '05 and then pummeled to the ground by DTN 9-0 the day before. They match TFC the next day with a new crew in tow.

With this latest development leads me to believe this isn't the first time they have done this. Just maybe the first time caught.

lovesoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 18/06/13, 08:40 am

Does anyone know anything about Green Stars or Freddy Cruz?  What league they played in / tournaments / age group?

Gotsoccer appears to show this team had no history.

Part of the problem is that it is obviously so easy to cheat.  The officials don't check the roster against the girls on the field (and all they have to do is wear someone else's jersey).  And then obviously, the punishment associated with the cheating is not high enough.

Pretty despicable coach, and equally despicable parents who allow this to happen.

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 18/06/13, 08:47 am

Green Stars played in the PrimeTime May 3rd-5th tourney and they were huge.

http://www.primetimefiles.com/pdf/5%2E3%2E13%2ETX%2ESO%2ECLTN%2EU9G%289v9%29%2Epdf

I believe they are out of Duncanville

I specifically recall several girls looked like they would pass as middle schoolers...
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Joga14:55 18/06/13, 11:18 am

Never heard of them in Duncanville. Although this past fall in Duncanville there was a similar incident in the exact age group at a rec tournament I just can't remember the team name.
Joga14:55
Joga14:55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by HoldTheDoor 18/06/13, 08:08 pm

Pretty sure they are out of Little Elm. DD's team played them in indoor at Blue Sky.

HoldTheDoor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmon_Man 19/06/13, 12:02 am

I know it should not, but it always surprises me when I hear about these things and one like this particularly. When it is one lone parent and maybe coach trying to cheat that is one thing put a whole team of parents ( if that is in fact the case here) is just disgusting.  I am probably old school but I was taught athletics is meant to build character, sportsmanship, a desire to compete and the meaning of team.  Even if these girls would have won what award do they get- a trophy with the wrong age group on it- I could not imagine displaying that proudly.

Unfortunately these girls are being taught something far different that will unfortunately likely shape their characters in the future.  Hopefully a few of the girls from the team will learn from bad choices made by their parents and choose a different path.  Sadly though most will likely not be able to overcome the strong influence of poor parenting.  IMHO the kids that rise above their circumstances to make something of themselves or that become people of character without the aid of a good role model in the home are remarkable individuals and unfortunately far too few
Cmon_Man
Cmon_Man
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/06/13, 07:37 am

We were playing a rec game in Duncanville last season. It was a game between two "d" division U12 boys teams. The game started with a healthy sized, very skilled gk. After his shut out in the 1st half he went to the sideline, switched jerseys with another kid and ran to the parking lot. We advised the refs but what can you do at that point? Anyways, the game ended in a tie but what was the point???

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 19/06/13, 12:02 pm

I have heard that the team showed up at the very last minute for their 8:00 game - no warm-up - and one girl was seen putting on a jersey.  Inelligible players were suspected and/or confirmed during the game or shortly thereafter and coach was questioned.  TD was then notified.

He still brought his team out for his second game, knowing the players were already being questioned, and tried to cheat again.

Future tournaments should be made aware of the coach - Freddy Cruz - and team.  Tournaments should do a thorough roster check, and confirm for each game that all players are on the roster.  Any appearance of cheating (no "oops" moment) should be met with immediately being removed from the tourney.

Not likely he will change his stripes, but maybe some pressure on him and his team will make it uncomfortable for them in the future.

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 21/06/13, 04:18 pm

so...nobody dared say it?

Didn't the Texans get caught doing something similar to this recently?  Haven't other "big" clubs been caught? 

Of course, in those cases, "oops" seems to be a valid excuse.  A small club or team gets disqualified from the tournament - a big club gets a slap on the wrist, if that.

North Texas Soccer needs to make a statement here.  Unrostered/Illegal Guests/etc.  happens way too often, and its the kids that get hurt.  The coaches reap the benefits for the win, the parents seem to be all to comfortable with it....but the kids know better, and are learning a very valuable lesson.....that if you can't win fairly...cheat. 

I say manditory 6-month suspension for any coach that is caught with an illegal roster.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down