North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/Grapevine09/05/24, 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLE09/05/24, 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

College game of the week - TTU vs BU Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205180 messages in 31966 subjects

College game of the week - TTU vs BU

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

College game of the week - TTU vs BU Empty College game of the week - TTU vs BU

Post by SWGSB 52 10/10/13, 04:58 pm

No. 11 Texas Tech Women at No. 19 Baylor Women Sunday for a 1 p.m. match to be broadcast by FSN Southwest.

Go Tech!!!
SWGSB 52
SWGSB 52
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

College game of the week - TTU vs BU Empty Re: College game of the week - TTU vs BU

Post by Shotshagger 10/10/13, 09:48 pm

Guns up!
Shotshagger
Shotshagger
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

College game of the week - TTU vs BU Empty Re: College game of the week - TTU vs BU

Post by RightWingDad 11/10/13, 08:13 pm

Yes, Guns Up Indeed, both Saturday vs. Iowa State (throwball) and vs Baylor on Sunday.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/10/13, 12:46 am

It seems the game of the week was Friday night in Austin! The Horns made a statement on a Bears side that may have been looking ahead.

Texas is NOT a gimme. These girls are good and getting better each week!

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 12/10/13, 01:44 pm

You want to see kickball?  Watch Baylor.  

I don't think they connected 3 passes in a row the whole game against Texas.  Everything is launched up field.  I haven't seen them play before and I really don't want to watch them again.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 12/10/13, 04:48 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:You want to see kickball?  Watch Baylor.  

I don't think they connected 3 passes in a row the whole game against Texas.  Everything is launched up field.  I haven't seen them play before and I really don't want to watch them again.
Baylor plays a combination of Kickball and Bludgeon Ball.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 12/10/13, 05:02 pm

Lefty wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:You want to see kickball?  Watch Baylor.  

Baylor plays a combination of Kickball and Bludgeon Ball.
Agreed. And they're highly ranked...apparently it still works in the college game...

TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 12/10/13, 06:56 pm

They won't be ranked next week.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiki-taka 12/10/13, 10:16 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:They won't be ranked next week.
Great game between UT and Baylor. 2-1 UT Victory, beautiful goals within 5 minutes of each other at the start of second half. UT is on a roll, undefeated at home. Coach Angela is generating some real interest and results in her short time so far.

Watched someof TTU vs OU, TTU definitely plays a nice brand of soccer. Calm and under control with the ball. Fell asleep so don't know the result.

Hook 'em Horns
Tiki-taka
Tiki-taka
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SWGSB 52 13/10/13, 03:32 pm

0-0

It was ugly but at least Tech picked up 1 point on the road.
SWGSB 52
SWGSB 52

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 13/10/13, 03:41 pm

I watched the second OT...first time ever watching college soccer...I wasn't impressed.. seemed like kickball... but my dd just a u7 but her team passed more today than what I saw in OT...
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 13/10/13, 03:50 pm

There weren't three passes connected in a row by either team during the whole game. Extremely hard to watch.

You should have watched Notre Same vs. Virginia Tech earlier in the day. Much better soccer.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 13/10/13, 08:03 pm

Whew...thanks.. was beginning to think coach was off his rocker for teaching that passing thing. Smile 
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 14/10/13, 08:23 am

Indeed I was shocked by the total lack of passing by Baylor, those girls practice every day, right? I guess Marci just said 'hey they are better than us lets just kick the crap out of the ball every chance we get, foul them until the ref gives us a card, and maybe we can get a tie'. Is that the way they play all the time? Very depressing. Tech on the other hand surprised me, kudos to that coach for attempting to play.
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/10/13, 09:20 am

DrSoccer wrote:Indeed I was shocked by the total lack of passing by Baylor, those girls practice every day, right? I guess Marci just said 'hey they are better than us lets just kick the crap out of the ball every chance we get, foul them until the ref gives us a card,  and maybe we can get a tie'. Is that the way they play all the time? Very depressing. Tech on the other hand surprised me, kudos to that coach for attempting to play.

You have just described every girls college soccer game ever played. It really is ugly at that level and the power, speed and brute force game usually wins the day. Take a look at Abby Wombach and you will see what the best female soccer player in the world looks like.

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 14/10/13, 11:42 am

RunsLikeWind wrote:
DrSoccer wrote:Indeed I was shocked by the total lack of passing by Baylor, those girls practice every day, right? I guess Marci just said 'hey they are better than us lets just kick the crap out of the ball every chance we get, foul them until the ref gives us a card,  and maybe we can get a tie'. Is that the way they play all the time? Very depressing. Tech on the other hand surprised me, kudos to that coach for attempting to play.

You have just described every girls college soccer game ever played.  It really is ugly at that  level and the power, speed and brute force game usually wins the day.  Take a look at Abby Wombach and you will see what the best female soccer player in the world looks like.  

To compare Baylor's style of play with every women's college game ever played is ignorant. Baylor doesn't even attempt to play soccer. Take a look around the dial. If you stay off Big !2 games, you'll see some pretty good soccer.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 14/10/13, 11:44 am

How did Tech attempt to play? I didn't see them connect any passes either.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Flatback4 14/10/13, 11:57 am

Unc,

What are some of the better women's college teams (in the southern U.S.) that play a more possession style of soccer?

Thanks!!!

Flatback4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 14/10/13, 03:19 pm

Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina in the SEC and most of the ACC. Unfortunately, not any around here that I can think of. None in the Big 12 it seems. I expected more from Tech.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawnboy 14/10/13, 03:51 pm

RunsLikeWind wrote:

You have just described every girls college soccer game ever played.  It really is ugly at that  level and the power, speed and brute force game usually wins the day.  Take a look at Abby Wombach and you will see what the best female soccer player in the world looks like.  

Alex is twice the player Abby is (with half the mass), and considerably better looking. That's what the best player in the world looks like.

Lawnboy
Lawnboy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 14/10/13, 04:05 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:
How did Tech attempt to play?  I didn't see them connect any passes either.  
How the the last 5 min of regulation and the two OTs compare with the rest of the game? When I started watching, it seemed like they too tired to play "long ball" anymore, just send it up field, and hope. Often it seemed like hot potato, just get rid of it.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 14/10/13, 06:29 pm

Jeff, I didn't see any change in style of play from the beginning to end of the second OT. Random kicks up the field and penalties. You didn't miss anything.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by shineboxer 14/10/13, 08:59 pm

I am watching a replay now. This is the truly awful stuff

shineboxer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 14/10/13, 09:15 pm

I am interested to know how the Baylor coach explains the strategy to the team- specifically what are they thinking about, what is the philosophy- it must be something more than "be physical, get to the ball first, always run hard, and kick the ball toward the goal"- for example, if they ever play a back pass on the ground, does the coach correct them? If so, how would the coach explain the mistake? Does anybody have experience with coaching on a team that plays this way?

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 15/10/13, 02:21 pm

its worth it to go back and watch tech trying to play soccer in the majority of the 1st and 2nd halves, during overtime it looks like tech just played out the game
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum